Novel Transmigrator meets Reincarnator II

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Regalia1896, Sep 19, 2017.

?

Should I add Transmigrator meets Reincarnator 2 to my Wattpad account?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2018.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IDK (you do you boo)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    So I can look up this title on novel updates and bookmark this right?

Regalia1896 likes this.
  2. Regalia1896

Regalia1896 Lady Sagittarius of the Moonlight Procrastinators

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1| Motherf*****, I’m five?!

Xia Meixiang jerked awake, her eyes snapping wide open at the sounds around her. Or rather, the lack of sound around her.
    Crap, she thought. Did that damned cat get tangled in my phone charging cord again.
    The absence of the shrilling alarm signaling it was 6 in the morning made Xia Meixiang panic. She launched herself from her bed, intending to take a chilling shower to wake herself up, only to freeze in her tracks.
    Woodenly, Xia Meixiang looked down at herself, finding herself staring at some ancient Chinese robes that were draped on her body. “What in the-” Xia Meixiang stopped talking, shocked by the sound of her voice. It was soft and milky, quite unlike her usual voice.
    She tried to speak again. “What in the-” Her hands went to her throat, before she pulled them away to examine them. Her hands were like two small buns with plump fingers. She wiggled them pinched them and kneaded them, feeling her disbelief morph into fear. She finally pinched the flesh of her arm to confirm her worst fear.
    An unexpected sharp pain shot through her skin and she yelped once. Immediately, the sound of approaching footsteps sounded and the door to the room she was in opened. Four people in ancient Chinese costumes rushed into the room, their faces full of concern and trepidation.
    “Second Young Miss, are you okay?”
    At the sound of her title, Xia Meixiang felt a sense of foreboding welling inside her.
    “Young Miss…” repeated Xia Meixiang under her breath. She sucked in a cold breath.
    Could this be the legendary “transmigration to the next life” trope that was prevalent in women’s novels? WTF!! She’d only gone to sleep! Furthermore, she wasn’t an assassin, mercenary, or a super-doctress, okay! She was a businesswoman. A great one, but still just an ordinary businesswoman…
    “Second Young Miss?” the most mature one of the four young women probed, hesitantly. “Are you still…” She shared a look with her colleagues above Xia Meixiang’s head.
    “Has the nap calmed you down? Are you still feeling angered over the order decided for the servant selection today?”
    Xia Meixiang’s face was puzzled, before- like a flash- memories filtered into her mind from the former inhabitant.
    The memories made her want to vomit blood. WTF!?! Her luck had truly decided to roundhouse kick her in the gut.
    She was “Xia Meixiang”. The same “Xia Meixiang” she had just finished badmouthing online only moments before she went to sleep. Today she was choosing personal attendants to bring up under her influence, to support her. Two hours ago, she had thrown a fit when her older cousins of the First Household were granted the first choice, despite it being her birthday and that they had promised her first choice.
    Her parents had tried to calm her down, but she had been indignant and selfish. So she was forced to take a nap and calm herself. And that was when Xia Meixiang had taken over.
    Woodenly, Xia Meixiang shook her head. “I… Mei’er is calm now…” WTF!?! Of course she was angered! But it wasn’t over the selection, okay? She transmigrated on a work day! In her world, she had a presentation to do tomorrow!
    The four attendants shared another look, and the same senior attendant said, “Let us get you dressed, Second Young Miss.”
    Reluctantly, Xia Meixiang allowed the four young women to dress her in a violet silk dress embroidered with vibrant green leaves and yellow flowers as she sorted through the memories imparted to her.
    The four attendants grooming her were servants of the Xia Family house. From the most seasoned to the newest their names were Shi Huan, Mu Hong, Yan Lie and Hou FeiFei. Shi Huan, Mu Hong, and Yan Lie had been attending to her since she was a baby, and were used to her outburst, but wary of her temper. Hou Feifei was only at the major for three months, and was seventeen this coming spring.
    Xia Meixiang’s face darkened as she absorbed the memories imparted to her. For such a young child, “Xia Meixiang” had a vicious temper. She was always set off by the slightest thing not going her way. Her methods of dealing with rejection were crude and blunt, but also lacking in propriety and culture. She had quite a reputation and she was only five years of age.
    Attendant Shi Huan covertly examined the young miss before her, curious about her sudden docile behavior. Usually, after being publicly slighted, Xia Meixiang would pout and make a fuss for hours. Even after taking a nap, the anger would linger in the form of crankiness and pouting, but this time, Second Young Miss Xia Meixiang was rather well-behaved as they dressed her.
    Because of this docile behavior, Hou FeiFei decided to try a new set of hairpins in her hair, thinking it would please the young miss. She brought over a mirror, gushing, “Look at how our young miss shines, so pretty, ah!”
    Shi Huan, Mu Hong and Yan Lie paled seeing the hairpins in Xia Meixiang’s hair. Just as Shi Huan was going to scold Hou FeiFei, Xia Meixiang touched the hairpin in her hair and gave an unexpected sweet smile. “Un, Mei’er likes this.”
    Xia Meixiang liked how Hou FeiFei did her hair. In her newly acquired memories, “Xia Meixiang” never deviated from the double loop hairstyle she usually wore, and the golden lily hair pins she often accessorized with, despite the numerous pieces she had.
    This double bun hair style looked much better, and suit her face better. The emerald ribbons and gold hairpins in her hair complimented her outfit and the milky jade white complexion of her skin.
    “Nubi is happy she made you pleased,” Hou FeiFei gushed, oblivious to the awkward mood of her three seniors.
    Shi Huan shook off her confusion and gently took Xia Meixiang by the hand, leading her to the main hall where the selection would take place.
    As they walked towards the majestic hall, Xia Meixiang kept her head down, muttering to herself under her breath. “I cannot believe I transmigrated into that novel…”
    ‘The world you are in,’ drawled a voice in her head, ‘is the Eighth Spiritual World.’

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  3. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    A time skip happened right? Also, his sister is the person I hate.

4. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    The sister was a hard character to decide the name of. I have no real background in naming Xuanhuan characters, so she was randomly named, then I decided to cut out "Fei"...

5. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2| Playing the Brat to keep the Prize

Xia Meixiang stiffened at the sound of that voice. It sounded slightly amused by her situation, and seemed to come directly into her mind.

Because Xia Meixiang had stopped suddenly, the rest of the entourage pulled to a stop as well.

With a cold sweat down her back, Shi Huan looked toward Xia Meixiang expecting to see a sullen and sour expression. She was surprised to see confusion on the little girl’s face, as she looked around.

“Second Young Miss…?” Shi Huan began to ask.

“...I heard...something…” Xia Meixiang admitted, her face flushing red as she tried to pinpoint the source of the sound.

It was impossible for something to directly speak into her head. Completely illogical!

The voice chuckled lightly at her denial. ‘Nothing is impossible in this world, Little Traveller.’

Xia Meixiang clearly heard the voice as if the person were speaking in her ears. She scanned the area around her, looking for a hooded figure or something.

The voice sighed. ‘Very well, I will show myself. If only to keep them from mistaking you for crazy…’

Just as Shi Huan was going to start coaxing Xia Meixiang to continue walking and not playing tricks on them, Yan Lie shouted out, “Huan-guniang, over there, a little fox demon beast!”

Where Yan Lie pointed there was indeed a small fox-like creature with two white tipped ears and a white dot on its forehead. Two tails swayed behind it, twitching slightly. It's blood red eyes seemed to bore past Shi Huan and Mu Hong to land on Xia Meixiang at the center.

Shi Huan’s expression hardened as she took a defensive stance before Xia Meixiang, flicking from her sleeve a set of stilettos. Ruthlessly, she threw them towards the unknown demon beast.

“Scarlet Blood Fox!” Shi Huan spat out its species name like a curse. The other three servant girls tensed around Xia Meixiang, waiting for Shi Huan, the strongest of them, to engage with the fox demon beast so they could take Xia Meixiang to safety.

The Scarlet Blood Fox was a silver-rank spirit beast. Only silver rank fighters could safely engage with silver-ranked demon beasts. Shi Huan was only a fourth-level bronze fighter, not yet capable of engaging with one

The fox easily dodged the flurry of slim knives, gracefully trotting closer in seconds.

Despite the tight formation around her, the fox easily found a way to into the center and leaped into Xia Meixiang’s arms.

“Second Young Miss!” the quartet gasped. As one they all began to reach for the fox creature in her arms.

‘You should stop them before you get hurt,’ the voice crawled. The fox looked at her with intelligent eyes.

“Stop!” Xia Meixiang ordered, curling herself around the animal. The quartet froze, a puzzled look on their faces. Wrinkling her nose a bit at what she was about to do. “I want to keep it!” she puffed out her cues as she said it, sounding like a spoiled child.

“Second Young Miss…” Shi Huan sighed.

Xia Meixiang pouted and did her best impression of an indolent child. She stamped her small silk-slipper-clad foot. “Mei’er wants to keep it. It chose Mei’er! Mei’er wants it!”

Shi Huan and the rest shared a look before watching as the red fox licked her jade-like cheek. Finally, Shi Huan relented. “We’ll ask Second Master and Madam, okay?”

‘Fufuu~ I can smell you are not of this world, Little Traveller.’ the fox snickered in her mind.

With that said, the entourage continued on their way, with the newly acquired fox obediently curled up in Xia Meixiang’s small arms.

When they came to the main hall, Xia Meixiang was in awe of the structure both inside and out. Ancient times had some very striking visuals. Even for a novel world, the buildings were beautiful and worthy of national treasures.

“Mei’er,” a voice called to Xia Meixiang who was in the midst of committing the building to memory.

Xia Meixiang turned to see a woman dressed in emerald green and turquoise approach, a gentle smile on her face. Xia Meixiang found her to be shocking, as it was clearly a very beautiful woman in her prime of life, but “Xia Meixiang’s” memories told her this woman was her mother!

With long night black hair and peach blossom eyes, Xia Meixiang’s newly acquired mother Ruan Xiuxiang was undoubtedly a beauty that only came every thousand years. She doted on her daughter considerably, and wanted the best for her, often giving her whatever she wanted.

“Mother,” Xia Meixiang replied. With a subdued and bashful demeanor, Xia Meixiang lowered her head and said, “I’m sorry for causing you worry.”

Ruan Xiuxiang’s eyes widened significantly at the words from her daughter’s mouth.

“Mei’er…”

“I know I was wrong…” Meixiang tucked her head closer to her chest. “But Yu biaoge said I could have anything for my birthday…”

This was true. “Xia Meixiang’s” memories told her that just this morning her older cousin Xia Long Yu had promised to let her go first in the selection as it was her birthday. Xia Meixiang had been very angered by this broken promise.

Ruan Xiuxiang shared a look with Shi Huan, who knelt to comfort the child. “Second Young Miss, I know that it seems unfair, but this is the decision of the Patriarch.” Shi Huan soothed.

Xia Meixiang still made a face. “I do not like it…” she pouted. MF, I want to be done playing the spoiled brat already, she thought. If it wouldn’t cause panic, Xia Meixiang would have discarded the spoiled child attitude long ago.

The current Xia Meixiang had lived a life that was quite unspoiled. As the eldest child of a working father and housewife mother, her life in theory seemed idyllic, but it was not. From the time she was five, she had already learned to work hard to get what she wanted.

“Mei’er, be good and mother will find you something good to play with, okay?” Ruan Xiuxiang consoled.

Xia Meixiang had been waiting for that line. As if thinking about it, Xia Meixiang frowned hard, but then brightened. “Then, can I keep this Scarlet Blood Fox? I really like it. And it chose me. It likes me very much!” she reasoned with all the childlike phrases that she could think of.

Ruan Xiuxiang inspected the Scarlet Blood Fox in Xia Meixiang’s arms before looking to Shi Huan. Shi Huan stepped forward and whispered a brief explanation to the Second Madam.

Ruan Xiuxiang inwardly sighed. No wonder her daughter was willing to apologize. She had found another thing to play with. She considered it briefly before nodding in agreement. She hoped her daughter would stay interested in this little fox for a long while.

Scarlet Blood Foxes were not difficult to raise as pets, if taken in from young. The Scarlet Blood Fox in Xia Meixiang’s arms looked to be young. If raised properly, it would become a strong support for Xia Meixiang, maybe rising to a gold-level spiritual beast.

Xia Meixiang’s expression brightened, even as she inwardly lamented behaving like a spoiled brat.

“Xiu’er,” another voice called. Both Xia Meixiang and Ruan Xiuxiang turned towards the source to find a handsome man coming towards them, a complicated expression on his face.

Xia Meixiang’s mind supplied a name and relation- Xia Yuanzhou, father. Xia Meixiang’s lips twitched. Plot god… You are far too cruel, ah!

Clearly, Xia Meixiang had such great genes running through her body! And as a child she was obviously a cute and very beautiful child, but when introduced in the novel at thirteen, she was inferior in appearance to everyone of her cousins, ah! Absently, Xia Meixiang rubbed her cheek, murmuring, “Must have been a petty author… yes, just a petty author…”

“Husband, what bothers you?” Ruan Xiuxiang asked her troubled spouse.

Xia Yuanzhou looked from his beautiful wife to his daughter who was surprisingly calm. He sighed and replied, “The Patriarch wishes to speak with Mei’er before we begin. Alone.”

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  6. TheDarkLink

TheDarkLink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for writing!

Regalia1896 likes this.
  7. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously, the plot of these two are so transparent I'm actually shocked nobody can see through it.

strayCat0, HoneyKiss and Regalia1896 like this.
  8. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    But it's a Xuanhuan novel with a white lily girl giving a pitiful play... :blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil:Of course no one can rub two brain cells together and think rationally.:blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

9. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3| Stubborn vs. Stubborn: Five Year Old Logic

The words were like a lightning bolt out of the blue, causing the attendants around them to freeze.

The Patriarch was the father of Xia Yuanzhou, and great-grandfather of Xia Meixiang and her cousins. He was an unyielding and stern presence within the family, upholding the family rules sternly and without mercy.

Ruan Xiuxiang frowned. “But Mei’er has never…” Her sentence petered off, worry flitting through her eyes.

Xia Yuanzhou only sighed. “I know. But the Patriarch wishes to see Mei’er… He is willing to forgive her for making a ruckus if she can explain herself and apologize. He understands that she is only a child.”

Xia Yuanzhou was quite troubled by his father’s demands. Xia Meixiang was his flesh and blood, but since she was three and stepped out of line during the Lantern Festival, his very appearance frightened little Meixiang.

Compared to all the great-grandchildren, Xia Meixiang could be considered to have the worst relationship with the Patriarch. He did not want to put his daughter through this, and it pained him to, but trying to persuade his great-grandfather was like trying to find a Deity-rank spirit beast: impossible.

Ruan Xiuxiang grabbed her husband’s arm, shaking it gently. “Zhou-Zhou, you know Mei’er is...” Her gaze flickered briefly to Xia Meixiang’s headtop before meeting Xia Yuanzhou’s eyes. “She will not be able to.”

Xia Yuanzhou clasped his wife’s hand in his, comforting her. “Mei’er is his precious great-grandchild. I am sure he will not intentionally scare her.” He hoped so. Xia Meixiang fear of the Patriarch hurt him (the Patriarch) deeply.

Ruan Xiuxiang looked reluctant to accept this, and in his heart, Xia Yuanzhou was also unwilling.

Contrary to his expectations, when Xia Yuanzhou told Xia Meixiang she would have to speak with the Patriarch alone, she only replied, “Okay.”

Passing the Scarlet Blood Fox in her arms to Shi Huan, she followed Xia Yuanzhou to the inner hall, where the Patriarch was seated. Xia Yuanzhou gave one last look to his daughter before he left the room, standing right behind the closed doors.

Xia Meixiang looked up at the older man before her. He had long gray hair, with grand and regal-looking robes. He sat on a platform before Xia Meixiang, looking at her with hooded eyes.

Xia Meixiang was feeling complex feelings on her end as well. She had never had a grandparent of her own, let alone a great-grandparent. The memories of “Xia Meixiang” concerning this relative were erratic and scattered, and evoked a feeling of fear in her.

Xia Meixiang did not see anything outwardly terrifying about the Patriarch who was her great-grandfather. Other than a hazy memory of when she was three and he scolded her harshly for acting inappropriately, there was no great impression.

“Xia Meixiang,” Patriarch Xia Qianlong said, “do you know your misbehavior?”

Xia Meixiang frowned inwardly, feeling the air around her grow cold. Slowly, she looked up at the Patriarch, pouting. “Mei’er does not know her wrongs.”

Though her tone was milky and sweet to the ear, her words brought a look of displeasure to the Patriarch Xia’s face.

“Xia Meixiang, are you saying you are not wrong for acting out this morning?” Patriarch Xia demanded to know.

The air in the room grew colder and more oppressive. Slowly, Xia Meixiang shook her head. “Mei’er simply does not know where she was wrong.”

Patriarch Xia narrowed his eyes. “Xia Meixiang!”

Hong!

The air intensified and a shiver ran down her back involuntarily. Still, Xia Meixiang maintained her posture. “Great-Grandfather, Mei’er only wants to know, where Mei’er went wrong.”

Xia Meixiang had a fatal flaw. As a precocious child of the modern era, and a shrewd businesswoman, she was naturally more astute at judging people and situations carefully. However, when threatened to do something, she would naturally go against the gradient as far she was stubborn- which was a great deal.

As it reared its ugly head now, the two could only wait until someone’s patience ran out and they ceded.

“Fine then!” Patriarch Xia huffed, feeling invigorated. “Then tell great-grandfather what you think.”

Patriarch Xia Qianlong was accustomed to never being challenged in such a way. To have it come from the child who feared him the most, he felt hurt deep in his heart. Had he alienated her to the point where she was intolerant towards him on purpose? She was only five and yet she would be so rebellious to his face? Inwardly, he fumed. Such a good great granddaughter! Fine then, he would discipline her forthright!

Waiting for nonsense to spill from XIa Meixiang’s mouth, he was shocked when Xia Meixiang instead said very seriously, “Great Grandfather, Mei-er does not like it when people take her things. Mei’er also does not like breaking promises.”

Her statement was very blunt and straightforward, devoid of persuasion and coercing- it was the tone of a child who was being very honest.

“Mei’er especially does not like breaking promises with family. Yu biao-ge promised Mei’er could choose first today. He said it was certain.” Xia Meixiang put on a dejected expression and spread her small arms wide, her eyes swimming a bit before she blinked rapidly. “But then Mei’er was told she must choose second. Yu biao-ge promised Mei’er, but then it was taken away…”

Xia Meixiang did not like explaining “herself” to others, but if things continued this way, Xia Meixiang felt she would only have unhappy days when facing this grand ancestor of hers.

Patriarch Xia was surprised by Xia Meixiang’s explanation. It was not complicated or roundabout. She was quite straightforward with her words, neither adding or subtracting. If she were acting, she was quite an expert for one so young. Moreover, Patriarch Xia felt uncomfortable somewhat. It was true her older cousin Long Yu had asked for him to shift Meixiang to the first to choose for the selection, as a birthday present. The issue was brought before him by his eldest son Yuanlong, but he had dismissed it as a child’s promise. He had not thought his granddaughter had developed such a personality, cherishing promises.

Of course her attitude could be seen as unyielding and shrewish, being unable to let go of minor slights in favor of peace, but to a child, a promise is a rather deep commitment. He thought of how Long Yu and his sister Lan Yu had pleaded for their younger cousin after she was sent to calm herself.

Patriarch Xia sighed. “Mei-girl,” he began, softening the way he spoke to her. “Great grandfather understands that you cherish the words of people close to you. It is good that you do. However, what you should cherish even deeper, is a sense of familial duty.”

Xia Meixiang blinked up at the Patriarch. “Familial duty?” she parroted.

“In the Xia family, we value our elders, and place them first. Great Grandfather understands that you were looking forward to the opportunity to choose first, but understand that there are rules for a reason. I cannot simply shift them to the side for you because of a promise, or your birthday, alright?” Patriarch Xia explained.

Xia Meixiang made a sullen face. “Mei’er understands… Then Mei’er is sorry for causing a commotion.” Seeing as how the other side conceded, Xia Meixiang was not so thick-skinned as to not acknowledge her wrongs.

Patriarch Xia softened his view of this great-granddaughter of his. Although she was rowdy and short-tempered, her heart was good and straightforward. He could not bear to punish her for having such an innocent mindset. She was only five. “I cannot break the rules of the family, but great-grandfather will help Long Yu choose another gift for you, alright. Expect it tomorrow.”

Xia Meixiang brightened considerably. “Mei’er thanks great-grandfather.” She smiled sweetly.

Feeling pleased by the smile on Xia Meixiang’s face, Patriarch Xia personally came down and walked Xia Meixiang out to her father. Rather than hand her off, he accompanied Xia Yuanzhou and Xia Meixiang back to the outer main hall, where the rest of the three households of the Xia Family had gathered.

Ruan Xiuxiang, who had been worrying over the meeting, was surprised to see Xia Meixiang brought back, one hand guided by Xia Yuanzhou and the other by the Patriarch.

The other household members, and even the attendants behind them were shocked, but hid their surprise well.

After the Patriarch left to his position in front of the assembled households, Ruan Xiuxiang questioned Xia Yuanzhou about the closeness the Patriarch had exhibited. But Xia Yuanzhou did not have an explanation. For this, Xia Yuanzhou glanced towards his daughter who was cuddling the Scarlet Blood Fox in her arms, completely unaware of the strangeness of the scene. In the end, Xia Yuanzhou shrugged off his confusion. He supposed his grandfather was just pleased that

“Now then, we will begin the selection.” Patriarch Xia announced after passing a message to Elder Yuanlong, who in turn passed the message to the father of Long Yu and Lan Yu, Xia Guangli.

As the selection commenced, Xia Meixiang inwardly wrinkled her nose as several dozen young children were brought into the hall. Honestly, slavery was abolished long ago in modern China, and in most of the world, it was illegal. Xia Meixiang found it to be a inhumane and tasteless plot device used to gather villain entourages.

The little fox in her arms spoke into her mind, ‘This is not exactly slavery, Little Traveller. At least not like you are used to. There would be no reason if there was not a social class structure to feed it.’

Xia Meixiang frowned, thinking to herself. That is true… One of the glowing points of the novel was how structured the setting was in terms of infrastructure.

Part of the setting was the system of slavery within the realm. “Slavery” was more akin to indentured servitude, as explain in chapter 93 when the protagonist saved his second harem member from “slavery” by paying off the accumulating debt she was in.

Poor families often sold their youngest or most useless children to wealthy families as servants/attendants to be trained up. Overtime, the children earned small wages and, by saving up the money, could buy their freedom back and earn greater wages being full-fledged servants of the families.

As Xia Meixiang was thinking about the social structure of the world, her turn to choose came. After being informed it was her turn, she skimmed the remaining crowd of children.

Fortunately for Xia Meixiang, she was of the second household and was able to choose after Long Yu and Lan Yu took their turn. Only four people were missing from the lineup, having been led away by a senior steward of the First Household to be taught the rules for the household.

Surveying the people left, Xia Meixiang felt bereft of what to do. She had no experience choosing people, and had not grasped what methods her cousins had used to choose their people.

After a few moments of circling the group, Xia Meixiang returned to her parents’ sides and tugged on her mother’s dress lightly. “Mother, pick for Mei’er. Mei’er does not know what to look for with them.”

Indeed, all these children were too frightened and wary for the techniques Xia Meixiang was used to using to gauge potential. She could only depend on her parents to choose for her.

While her parents were surprised by her gentle askance, they readily picked two servants for their daughter of good quality.

‘The society you come from is quite different from this world’s, Young Traveller. It would be wise to adapt sooner rather than later.’ the fox drawled in her mind.

After her turn officially passed, she sighed to herself. It seemed she would need to refine her skills to adapt to this world.

10. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4| Stealing one of the Protagonist’s Cheats for Oneself

Later that day, after Xia Meixiang took the evening meal with her parents, she was bathed and dressed for bed, enduring the foreign act of having other people wash her body.

Burrowing under the covers of her bed, she tried to calm her embarrassment. In her past life, her parents had bathed her until she was four, this was just like that time, she reasoned to her mortified self.

Suddenly, she felt a heavy pressure on her small back. ‘Are you going to bury yourself under the sheets all night?’ drawled the fox.

Xia stuck her head out of the sheets to glare at the fox demon beast. “And what else would you have me do?” she bit out.

The demon beast padded from her back to sit on her pillow, staring at her with mirth in its eyes. ‘To learn. To decide.’

Xia Meixiang reluctantly agreed that its plan was much more productive than her own, but she refused to admit so to the sly demon beast. Usually, she was the slyest in the room- it was unnerving to deal with someone slyer than herself.

“Alright, since you seem to know so much, why was I brought here?” Xia Meixiang asked it, crossing her legs into lotus position.

‘Simple,’ yawned the fox demon, ‘there was a dimensional disruption in the boundaries that separate your world and our world. Your soul somehow managed to cross over during this disruption and is now trapped here in the most compatible body for it.’

Xia Meixiang frowned. Motherf*****, you dare say I am compatible with this “Xia Meixiang”?! “Can I go back?” she wanted to know.

The fox demon was silent for a moment before replying, ‘It could be possible, but it would require great power. I could assist you, if you assist me.’

Xia Meixiang’s frown deepened. “Help you? What do you need help with?”

The fox demon beast’s eyes began to glow a bright red. The aura from its body became more potent and chaotic, whipping around the room like an invisible storm. ‘This is not my true form. I am currently an incomplete guardian of the inheritance known as the Boundless Treasure of the Immortal Sovereign. I am only a sliver of my true form and lack the means to reassemble myself and the treasure.’

Xia Meixiang felt her eyebrows twitch uncontrollably. Plot god, why are you so hard to understand?! First you beat me, then you give me a gift? Is this the training of Pavlov’s Dogs?

In the novel, it was true that on the grounds of the Xia Family, the protagonist met the Boundless Treasure guardian. It had been covertly dwelling within the Xia Family mountain, escaping the eyes of many in its small fox form, until it made a soul contract with the protagonist shortly after he proved himself to the Xia Patriarch and gained Xia Ling-Er as his fiancee, one of many.

To think it would seek her out instead was simply unscientific!

“The Boundless Treasure…” She crossed her arms over her nonexistence chest. “What would such a power be doing on the Xia family’s grounds?” Xia Meixiang dropped all pretense of acting like a child around this artifact of great power.

The fox turned its head away. ‘I was dwelling in slumber in the depths of the mountain on which this land rests, until I was alerted to a distortion by your soul’s arrival.’

So I interrupted it’s nap....

“BUt why would you be willing to help me? You can clearly see how young this body is, as well as its innate talent. There are countless other talents within the Xia Family- within the Fanrong Country. Why me?”

‘Simple,’ the fox-guised artifact replied, ‘you are young, but you have quite a bit of foreknowledge about this world. You seem to catch on rather quickly. Not to mention you do not seem to be the lazy sort when it comes to hard work.’

Xia Meixiang shrugged. “Work is something I understand. But this world, I’ve only read about it. Even if I start ‘young’ it will be hard to adjust…”

‘I will teach you. It would help to make our agreement run smoother.’ the fox replied.

“Will we make a soul contract?” Xia Meixiang asked.

‘It would be unwise. You cannot bind your soul to powerful artifacts of this world like me, or you could be trapped in this world forever.’

Xia Meixiang pondered this for a moment. Although the fox was benevolent and helpful to the protagonist in Transcending through the Immortal Heavens, it was only because of the Master-Servant soul contract the two established that allowed the protagonist to curb its actions. When unleashed, it was merciless and malevolent, a force of chaos and blood.

“...Let me think for a while…We’ll talk in the morning.” Xia Meixiang was nothing if not calculative and careful with agreements. It was never a good idea to job wildly into situations without first considering many angles.

The fox nodded. ‘Then in the morning, we shall reach a conclusion,’ the fox curled up on the pillow, leaving some room for Xia Meixiang’s small head.

Burrowing once again under the covers, Xia Meixiang fell into a deep sleep, part of her expecting it all to be a dream.

The following morning, Xia Meixiang and the fox-guised Boundless Treasure guardian made a temporary contract between themselves, following the guardian’s steps.

Along with the contract, Xia Meixiang bestowed a temporary name onto the guardian beast- BaoBao. As its name was only meant to be known by the Successor of the Boundless Treasure of the Immortal Sovereign, BaoBao could only endure such a humiliating name.

No sooner than they reached an agreement, than the Patriarch and Xia Long Yu arrived.

All the attendants of the courtyard and Xia Meixiang’s parents were present. Last night, Xia Meixiang had conveyed all that had happened in the inner hall. Her mother had paled considerably, hugging Xia Meixiang closed to her bosom and scolding her against such blunt behavior in the future. Her father hadn’t known whether to laugh or to cry, simply reaffirming what his wife told their daughter, fearing she would act inappropriately.

After they formally greeted Patriarch Xia, Xia Meixiang was called forward to receive her birthday gift. Xia Long Yu presented a long brocade box to his younger cousin, a repentant smile on his face. “Sorry, Mei’er, biaoge erred you yesterday.”

When Xia Meixiang had thrown a temper tantrum yesterday morning, Xia Long Yu had felt remorse. After a stern talking to from his grandfather Xia Yuanlong last night, Xia Long Yu had felt doubly remorseful towards his little baiomei.

Xia Meixiang was a spoiled child, yes, but she was also naive and sheltered. She was very straightforward and trusting towards the words of people older than her, and never measured her actions.

Xia Meixiang shook her head slowly. “Yu-gege was not wrong, Mei’er was wrong. Mei’er will properly learn the family rules from now on.”

Xia Meixiang expected to be living as part of the Xia Family for a long enough time. Perhaps a decade or two, before she could find all the pieces of the Boundless Treasure and restore BaoBao to his full power. To make her life much smoother, it would be easier if she learned the etiquette.

Xia Long Yu felt that this cousin of his was very earnest and cute, so he pat her on the head and coaxed her. “Mei’er, open it, ah. See if you like it.”

Slowly his little cousin lifted the lid of the long brocade box to reveal a sword. It was a red rank weapon, the Sun-Circling Sword. The cold metal of the blade glistened in the light of the chamber, the hilt wrapped in a scarlet ribbon with a ruby in the hilt.

Xia Meixiang marveled at the sword lying in the dark silk bed of the brocade box. In Transcending through the Immortal Heavens,

Although it was not a high-ranking weapon, it was a suitable weapon for a child who would begin learning martial arts, as it would resize itself to fit the hand of the user, as BaoBao described through their telepathic link.

It was a really useful gift, and Xia Meixiang made sure he knew as much. “Mei’er thanks Yu-biaoge, Great grandfather!” She bowed accordingly, only to feel her cousin’s hand go to her shoulder and straighten her.

“Mei’er is acting too well behaved, ah. If you keep acting like this, then we aren’t family,” he warned her jokingly.

Xia Meixiang smiled sweetly at him. This cousin was far too gentle towards girls. His wife would rule over him one day, Xia Meixiang predicted.

Patriarch Xia said a few more words to her parents and grandfather before leaving with Xia Long Yu, having finished what he came to do.

After this was done, Xia Meixiang and her parents finally ate the morning meal. The entire meal, Xia Meixiang held two conversations seamlessly, one within her mind and the other with her parents. Soon the tension left the shoulders of the attendants and they were efficiently serving again.

BaoBao and Meixiang were discussing how best to train her body. According to BaoBao, as a transmigrator her soul was refined through passing through the dimensional distortion, so even if she only did half the effort, she would reap great benefits in cultivation.

However, a side effect of possessing a body that was not quite hers, if she rose too quickly, her body would reject her and her soul would be trapped in the Eighth Spiritual World, and “Xia Meixiang” would die then.

‘It would be wise to slowly accumulate a foundation before rising, deepening the roots before growing tall,’ BaoBao intoned.

Xia Meixiang agreed. She would need to be cautious. Although her growth could now be considered genius-level, if she grew too fast, she would become a prisoner of the Eighth Spiritual World. It seemed she would have to be a bit more cautious in her actions...

11. LIght Novel San

LIght Novel San Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, they're different. The female is the transmigator, it means that she is from another world while the male, the reincarnator, is reincarnated in the same world. Althought I thought the same I somehow differentiate them and give time to thoroughly differentiate them. Confusing, aren't they?

12. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    Woo! Double Chapters!!

Also, that 'MC' is so stupid. And it's nice to see the consequences of the event.

Nokita likes this.
  13. kurousagi4242

kurousagi4242 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who was the guy from the prologue or was it the summary i can't wait good luck in school!:blobsalute:

14. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    NOTICE: I am Overhauling my storyline so it actually makes sense. This might take a while, so sorry.:blobrofl::blobokhand::blobninja:

Rurin, miragine and kurousagi4242 like this.
  15. craz

craz Peach Manic

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh so interesting!!! Can’t wait for more chapters!!!!!

16. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5| Classmates with my Evil Cousin

“Second Young Miss, remember to be ladylike on the school grounds. You are the pride of the Second House, ah!” Shi Huan instructed the thirteen year old girl before her.

The thirteen year old girl let out a light chuckle. “Huan-guniang is too cautious. Don’t worry, I’ll be the perfect young lady on campus.” Dressed in the light green and blue “uniform” of Tianlong Academy with her long black hair caught in a ponytail, Xia Meixiang looked like a true cultivator, and nothing like the bratty girl she had been years ago.

Eight years had passed since Xia Meixiang transmigrated to the Eighth Spiritual World. Although her movements were limited, she had done her best to research the Boundless Treasure of the Immortal Sovereign. According to BaoBao, there were dozens upon dozens of pieces of the Treasure, including priceless cultivation methods and weapons of black rank and above, as well as armament blueprints and pill recipes.

It seemed that the collection was scattered all over the nine realms. The Eighth Spiritual World was one of the lower realms in the grand scheme of things, and as such, not many of the pieces were scattered in this realm. However, these pieces were all priceless on their own, and were beneficial to cultivation on their own. There was a chance she would have to fight for them. With that in mind, she had to strengthen herself and her position to gather these pieces.

As such, she set her sights on Tianlong Academy, a school designed to train and cultivate strong cultivators. Attending here, Xia Meixiang felt confident she could gather more information about the world.

Ignorant of Xia Meixiang’s thoughts, Shi Huan was reminiscing about the past. Seeing the young miss she personally served looking so mature, Shi Huan felt emotional, and very old, ah.

Blinking back her tears, Shi Huan fixed a hard stare to the other two young children behind Xia Meixiang. “You two, make sure you are vigilant at the school, okay? You cannot afford to make Second Young Miss bear any disgrace!”

The two children were precisely the servants her parents had chosen for her eight years ago, a hardy-looking youth named Xu Lizhen and a tall, willowy girl Xia Meixiang named Xiao Zhong.

Both had become her personal attendants, trained daily by her side under the watchful eye of Shi Huan. Both were diligent and quiet children who clearly etched the words of the Xia Family into their hearts.

Neither had thoughts of leaving the Xia Family, and were willing to lay their lives in Xia Meixiang’s hands. As such, she showed them her greatest sincerity.

Xu Lizhen, having been renamed Xiao Li by Xia Meixiang, was a sword cultivator. He was being raised as a bodyguard for Xia Meixiang, a wall of protection and muscle to ensure her safety. Xiao Zhong was to be like Shi Huan was to Ruan Xiuxiang, a personal maid and head attendant, overseeing all.

Of course Shi Huan was fond of the two, but she would never say this, for fear they grew too lax in their mannerisms.

“Rest assured, Senior Shi Huan, Xiao Zhong and I will protect Mistress with our lives.” Xiao Li solemnly proclaimed.

Xiao Zhong earnestly nodded in affirmation, the small bells in her hair tinkling. Xia Meixiang had gifted her those bell-ribbons nearly four years ago as a reward for her hard work, and Xiao Zhong had never gone a day without wearing them since.

Xia Meixiang awkwardly laughed at the exchange going on before her. Hey, I’m not a troublemaker, ah! I can look after myself!

Alas, it was the social structure of the world that she be catered to, lest people gossip about and mock her family for not providing ample protection and aid as one of the Four Great Families of Fanrong Country.

“Shi Huan-guniang, worrying too much can cause wrinkles. Then Cao-gege would think you are truly his elder.” Xia Meixiang made a sharp joke at her expense, playing on the feelings Shi Huan had for Shen Cao, her father’s strapping new guard.

Shi Huan immediately closed her mouth and reddened. “Second Young Miss!” she sputtered.

Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong both looked away, while tinkling laughter came from the doorway as her mother approached. “Mother,” Xia Meixiang exclaimed.

Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong immediately straightened, as did the red-faced Shi Huan. “Second Madam!” the trio greeted with reverence.

Ruan Xiuxiang approached gracefully, effortlessly cradling the youngest child of the Second Household on her hip, Xia Qi Feng.

Born in the summer nearly a year ago, Xia Qi Feng was not a character that appeared in the novel. Try as she might she could not recall a character named “Xia Qi Feng” but he existed, babbling happily and often sticking things into his mouth. His favorite thing to do being follow his older sister around the courtyard.

He had a downy tuft of black as night hair on his head, and large peach blossom eyes like their mother. Sweet and innocent, he was like a ball of sunshine in their household, a living bundle of joy.

“Xiao Qi wanted to say goodbye to his jiejie,” Ruan Xiuxiang smiled, motioning for Xia Meixiang for come forward and hold her baby brother.

Xia Meixiang did so, and peered down at the babbling little fool in her arms. He decisively snatched her finger and stuck it in his mouth, gurgling around the newfound chewtoy.

Xia Meixiang was never fond of children, more so babies. But this little Qi Feng was too sweet for even Xia Meixiang to find fault in. Even when he spit up on her favorite dress she could not blame him.

“Xiao Qi, you cannot eat my fingers today, I’ll be using them.” Xia Meixiang told her younger brother. She gently pried her fingers from his mouth and replaced it with a large round spirit jade. BaoBao had told her although he was far too young to cultivate, exposing him to qi from a young age was beneficial.

Xia Meixiang handed him back to their mother and said her goodbyes. “We will return for dinner,” she called behind her, heading for the main gate of the Xia Family Residence.

Upon reaching the gate, Xia Meixiang froze, her expression going from peaked amusement to distaste.

Standing by the gate, as if waiting for her, was her younger cousin, Xia Ling-Er. As if she could sense Xia Meixiang staring at her, Xia Ling-Er turned towards her. She gave a malicious smile, before sweetly calling out, “Second Older Sister!”

The two attendants behind Xia Ling-Er bowed accordingly, their expressions respectful and devoid of feelings.

“Third Younger Sister,” Xia Meixiang greeted in turn, as Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong gave a proper greeting as well.

Xia Meixiang wanted to vomit at her familiar and sweet tone. Since “maturing” Xia Meixiang had long discarded the doe-eyed, straightforward mouth of the former “Xia Meixiang”. Instead, she was reserved in her words but straightforward in her conduct and display, weighing everything as it was valued.

Concerning Xia Ling-Er, Xia Meixiang had a very strong negative impression of her from the online novel. Living with her, the image only solidified.

In the Xia Family, there were three main household: the First Household headed by the eldest Xia Guangli, the Second Household headed by Xia Yuanzhou, and the Third Household headed by Xia Jiaolong.

Xia Ling-Er was Xia Meixiang’s younger cousin-sister. Born of Xia Jiaolong and his second wife, Xia Ling-Er was the youngest in terms of cousins, until the birth of Xia Qi Feng. The last girl, she was only a handful of months younger than Xia Meixiang, and presented herself as a sweet and delicate girl. The two were the closest in age among the three households, as the twins Long Yu and Lan Yu were both five years older than Meixiang.

It was only Xia Meixiang who openly disliked mixing with this cousin of hers. Although she was not rude to the girl, Xia Meixiang preferred to treat her as a distant relative, rather than a sibling as she did with Long Yu and Lan Yu.

Living with Xia Ling-Er, Xia Meixiang had experienced her two-faced attitude first hand for herself, and she honestly wanted to light a candle for the arrogantly naive “Xia Meixiang” who trusted so deeply in he cousin to the point of self-sabotage.

Upon arriving beside Xia Ling-Er, Xia Meixiang faced forward, not bothering to interact with the girl beside her.

When the carriages to take them to school pulled in front of them, and the footman helped the four young women into the first one, Xia Meixiang still maintained her silence.

“Second Older Sister, are you not excited to be going to school?” Xia Ling-Er broached, after a tense moment of silence.

Xia spared a glance towards her cousin before returning her gaze to the outside scenery passing by. “It is...a fortuitous time…”Xia Meixiang qualified randomly. She gave a half-witted answer, uncaring if her words made sense or not.

Even before her rebirth, Xia Meixiang disliked dealing with such girls like Xia Ling-Er. They pretended to be kind and sweet, claiming to be everyone’s friend- but when secrets and lies are exposed, suddenly their halos were too small the shield the victim, only themselves.

Having experienced someone like that in her own life, Xia Meixiang found it easier to let her mouth run until she grew tired of the sound of her own voice.

After asking a few more questions and receiving similar nonsensical answers, Xia Ling-Er gave up on her information mining, frustrated at her lack of progress.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    ludagad, Alice-sama, Elliana and 3 others like this.
  17. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 6| Encountering a Pervert, One Must have a Sharp Tongue

When the carriage stopping in front of the wide gates of Tianlong Academy, the Xia Family steward rushed to open the door. Xiao Zhong and Xia Ling-Er’s servant girl stepped down first, before turning and offering their arms in support to the young misses.

Xia Meixiang watched as the smaller carriage rolled to a stop behind the other one, releasing Xiao Li and Xia Ling-Er’s other attendant.

“Second Older Sister, I will see you again. I see my friends over there, take care.” Xia Ling-Er swiftly departed, her two attendants following behind her closely.

Xia Meixiang released a weary breath. Dealing with fake faeries was not easy, be it modern times or ancient, regardless of the element of fantasy. “Let us go register,” she spoke to Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong.

A half hour later, Xia Meixiang had received a jade slate with information on the various classes inscribed in it. She had already received one before coming to the academy from her cousin Lan Yu, who told her it was far more detailed. She frowned as she probed the tablet with her spirit essence. This was true, the slate Lan Yu gave her was far more detailed than this one.

She passed the tablet to Xiao Zhong, saying, “Xiao Zhong, you and Xiao Li choose your classes from this list. Be prudent.”

Xiao Zhong received the tablet with wide eyes, her round face in disbelief. “Mistress…”

The day before, Senior Shi Dai had hammered into their heads that Xia Meixiang would choose their courses for them and that they would fulfill her expectations. Instead, their mistress gave them a choice.

Xiao Zhong was already aware that Xia Meixiang treated them very well compared to other servants. She scolded them and they were punished accordingly, but their mistress never humiliated them or demeaned them.

She would even give them small gifts and tokens if she was pleased. Xiao Zhong absently touched the belled ribbons in her hair, her gaze growing more reverent towards her mistress.

Xia Meixiang was oblivious to the fact that she had been elevated to the fact that in the eyes of Xiao Zhong, she was now a saint. She simply led the to an unoccupied pavilion and began cultivating.

The density of qi within the academy far exceeded the density in the Xia Family land. It was truly a resourceful place to cultivate.

There were four academies in the country of Fanrong, named for the Four Dragons Monarch’s four beasts: Tianlong, Dilong, Shenlong and Fuzanglong. Among them, Tianlong stood out as the best, full of rich young masters and misses who paid to maintain this environment for themselves. The protagonist had the chance to enter Tianlong, but upon his childhood friend harem-member being rejected due to a jealous young miss from an influential going against her, he instead went to Dilong Academy, which was the direct rival of Tianlong.

Xia Meixiang mentally massaged her temples. This protagonist was truly either stupidly loyal, or impulsively stupid. It was at Tianlong Academy that his mother left his inheritance the Heaven Breaking Blade, which he would not get until the fourth arc, when he must infiltrate the school to save Xia Ling-Er.

The handy little power boost ensured that the perpetrators were scrapped by three cultivation levels.

Shaking away those concerns, Xia Meixiang instead chose to cultivate. Her current level- 4 Star Qi Sensory -was considered good for her age, and her foundation was reinforced by BaoBao’s tyrannical instruction every day. Though she lacked the aptitude for slapping faces with her boundless talent like the protagonist, she was sufficient enough to be declared a genius.

Feeling the qi from the surrounding area trickle slowly toward her dantian, she breathed deeply, expanding her senses as her sea of qi expanded as well.

Suddenly she narrowed her eyes and stopped meditating, bouncing to her feet. Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong did the same, their expressions murderous.

“We should leave,” she ordered, making for the entrance. But it was too late.

Soon at the entrance of the pavilion, a stocky youth with shaggy hair and ill fitting green and blue robes appeared. He leered openly at Xia Meixiang and Xiao Zhong, the smack of his lips audible. “It seems that you grew up quite fine. I your father am pleased.”

Xia Meixiang resisted the urge to vomit blood. Who’s trying to please you, ugly toad!

Before her stood the First Young Master of the Chen Family, Chen He. A lascivious and disgusting fellow with a perverted mind at the ripe age of fifteen, he was the eyesore Xia Meixiang avoided more than Xia Ling-Er.

In Fanrong Country aside from the Imperial Tang family, there were two Ducal houses (originally three but one fell under the schemes of another) and the Four Great Families: the Chen, the Gu, the Wei and the Xia. Every so often, the Imperial Family would hold banquets and ceremonies in which all the wealthy households would attend.

Over the course of eight years, Xia Meixiang had been forced into his “company” six times, and each time, the eldest Di son of the Chen Family disgusted her even more.

The Chen and the Xia families did not have a good relationship with each other. It began generations ago but even now trickled down to the younger generation. Why, was never explained in the novel really. The protagonist simply crushed the family for Xia Ling-Er and moved on.

Xia Meixiang stared at Chen He, barely veiled disgust in her gaze.

“Should I congratulate the beauty on getting that much closer to me?” Chen He sneered, taking a step forward.

Xia Meixiang took a step back, contempt clear in her eyes. Chen He was a 4-Star Qi-Gathering Realm. Although it was not hard earned or stable, he was still a cultivation realm above Xia Meixing. With Xiao Li and Xiao Song’s protection, she would easily escape, but then Chen He would turn his attentions to her Little Bell, and no one was allowed to humiliate her people.

“Young Master Chen, I ask you let us leave.” Xia Meixiang bit out.

Chen He continued to block the entrance, his gaze focused on the forms of Xia Meixiang and Xiao Zhong. “Why do you keep insisting on playing hard to get. You know the only use your Xia Family has is being the bed warmers for my Chen Family. That mark on your forehead proves it. You’ll be just like your uncle.”

Xia Meixiang face became expressionless, her eyes losing any emotion. “Absolutely vulgar. The Chen family’s Eldest Master really lacked foresight and let an uncultured dog masquerade as a human all these years. It is a good thing that Patriarch Chen can differentiate the good from the bad.” The words were vicious and pointed.

Who didn’t know that the weak point of Chen He was his father’s shortcomings in the eyes of the Chen Family Patriarch. Chen He’s father the eldest son of Patriarch Chen was weak willed and talentless when compared to his younger brothers, especially the Third Master. Although most of Patriarch Chen’s offspring were lacking, the Third branch was rather sound in judgement and had good talent. It was well known that Patriarch Chen considered the Third Master his heir.

The Third master’s son and daughter pair also were talented and stood upright, both considered ten year old geniuses of the younger generation. Such a thing disgraced Chen He, who only got to his current state my bullying away supplies from his many younger illegitimate siblings to boost himself.

“Xia Meixiang, you dare!?!” Chen He spat.

Xia Meixiang raised one brow, her lips curved in a mocking smile. “The dog still speaks. If you were my dog, I would have left you by the edge of a cliff and thrown a bone over.”

The murderous aura pouring off Chen He was no less than the absolute chill radiating from Xia Meixiang. Just as Chen He took a step towards her, a voice penetrated the dense fog of antagonism.

“Young Master Chen is really bold, to assault a young lady in my presence.”

18. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 7| A Fiance Like this is Worthless to Me

Behind Chen He, with his own Tianlong robes on his body, stood Gu Zhulin, the First Young Master of the Gu Family and Xia Meixiang’s fiance since she was born.

Tall, handsome and talented, there were many good things about this young master of the Gu Family. With his phoenix eyes now focused on Chen He, he radiated the aura of a 2 Star Qi Body Refining Realm practitioner.

Chen He paled, inwardly cursing the arrival of Gu Zhulin. Just a moment more and he would have smacked around this Xia Family b****!

Xia Meixiang was not entirely pleased to see her fiance either. She smelled a scheme was afoot the moment Chen He appeared before her.

This was undoubtedly the work of her good cousin-sister Xia ling-Er.

“Young Master Gu,” Chen He forced his lips into a smile, “don’t misunderstand me. I was only educating Young Miss Xia on proper etiquette in Tianlong Academy.”

Xia Meixiang’s eyebrow raised again, a smile of contempt and venom on her lips. “Young Master Chen, I do not require your kind of ‘help’, at all.” she crossed her arms over her chest and stared blankly at the slightly pudgy youth. “In fact, I would hope to never encounter your kind of ‘help’ ever again!”

Chen He’s gaze darted from Xia Meixiang and her group to Gu Zhulin and his formidable aura.

Still wearing his forced smile, Chen He bit out, “Second Young Miss Xia, you would do well to remember your words in the future.”

Scoffing at Chen He’s threat, Xia Meixiang instead turned to Xiao Zhong and instructed her, “After school, run out and buy a protective charm for me. Meeting such a rabid dog as soon as I enter the school is distasteful.”

Xia Meixiang’s words stabbed at Chen He as he left, humiliating him further. But with Gu Zhulin so close, he could only curse her in his little heart.

After Chen He left, Xia Meixiang readied herself to depart as well, not wanting to stay in Gu Zhulin’s presence too long.

“Xia Meixiang,” Gu Zhulin opened his mouth to speak, “Did you forget the Four Great Families Pact?”

Xia Meixiang frowned at his tone. “Gu Zhulin, have you forgotten who is the victim here?” she countered.

“There would be no victim if you had not antagonized him!” he argued.

Xiao Li was ready to jump to her defense, but Xia Meixiang stopped him with one hand.

“Oh, and how does Young Master Gu figure I am the instigator?” Xia Meixiang demanded to know. “Was Young Master Gu here from the beginning?”

But you are always at the root of trouble, was what Gu Zhulin wanted to argue, she knew.

Xia Meixiang lamented that some things could not be altered, even if one knew the course of events.

In the novel as well, “Xia Meixiang” had lost the respect of her fiance long before Xia Ling-Er took off with the protagonist. As Xia Ling-Er’s mother was the sister of Gu Zhulin’s mother, the two children were friendly. In contrast, “Xia Meixiang” spent most of her childhood listening to Xia Ling-Er’s advice and acting according to how she thought Gu Zhulin would like her. Pitifully, her bizarre and uncultured behavior became so famed that despite her status, she had no friends.

The current Xia Meixiang was not as naive, but still rarely saw her fiance, due to devoting her adolescence to following Long Yu and Lan Yu, and training in the sword, whip and fan. She conditioned her body to be graceful, flexible and lethal, all to better complete her goals. As such, whenever she did see Gu Zhulin, she either looked like she had fought with someone, or was the subject of another story from Xia Ling-Er’s mouth.

Although it was quite easy to debunk Xia Ling-Er’s stories, Xia Meixiang was secretly hoping that Gu Zhulin would take the initiative and break their engagement. So far, he had not.

In concept Gu Zhulin was the ideal man for a woman of Xia Meixiang’s stature. Only two years older than her thirteen, he had outstanding talent, a reputable family of noble lineage and handsome features sure to only get better as he matured.

However, he was flawed in many ways. For instance, his readiness to believe the worst in someone he was supposed to marry. And his blatant bias towards Xia Ling-Er. Not to mention his “charming ways” had amassed a gathering of female followers that he led around with sweet nothings.

Gu Zhulin frowned at the words that came from his fiance’s mouth. It was true, when he came here, he had not understood the full situation. But based on what he knew about Xia Meixiang, she was the troublemaker.

“Furthermore, before even asking if I am unharmed, you accuse me of neglecting the Four Great Families Pact?” Xia Meixiang pointed out. “I have not forgotten it, but perhaps Young Master Chen has. ”

The Four Great Families Pact was a plot point in the novel as well. It was an imperial edict that restricted the Four Families from carrying out familial grudges on the academy grounds.

If any of the families were found to be in violation, they were not only expelled from the academy, they could even be demoted to being commoners.

“That…” Gu Zhulin had not thought that Xia Meixiang could have such insight. She had carefully assessed the situation, and had been aware of her actions in every step. It was truly him who had stepped in too hastily and almost been the “villain”.

For some reason, Gu Zhulin felt dissatisfied with this turn of events.

He was the young master of the Gu Family, the pride and joy of his father and bloodline at the age of sixteen. He was someone considered talented and charming, yet his own fiancé treated him like she was a commoner crossing her path.

Just as he was about to scold her again, a familiar voice called out, “Second Older Sister!”

19. craz

craz Peach Manic

Reading List:
    Link
    @Regalia1896 I am sooo confused. I saw my comment up above when I last read this but the storyline doesn’t fit the one in my memories. From what I remember Ling-Er and Meixiang were twins and not cousin. Moreover, I don’t recall the two entering the academy but actually were students of the academy when the story begin. In addition, it seems like Ling-Er was Gu Zhulin’s fiancée and there’s this girl (Qi Qi?)who likes Gu Zhulin. Am I in the wrong place??

Melody likes this.
  20. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    @craz Sorry! as I mentioned above, I am overhauling the story line so that the plot would make sense in the direction that it is going. If you reread from the beginning, you will see that while it is in the same vein, there are some changes...
    Timeline: I expanded the timeline and made it so that XMX has been in the "novel dimension" for much longer. It will be a key part of the story later.
    Characters: XMX and XLE are now cousins; I felt this was more befitting how this will play out in the future. XLE was originally going to be something completely different and it would be devastating to their parents and family, and they would be forced to disown her, blah blah- but I couldn't wrap my head around her going down like that. She's not even the main female villain (in both incarnations (you will meet her much later))
    Relationships: Before I was working out this thing where in the "original novel" XMX had an inferiority complex to XLE, and wanted to take all the things from XLE. The transmigrated version would have other twists to it but people would assume that XMX was just a jealous girl who hated her own sister. This time around, I switched the relationship so as to highlight some of the finer points of XMX's calculating. Don't worry, the protagonist is still as dumb as a rock!
    Names: Pretty much from Xiao Meixiang to Xia Meixiang, the Xiao Family is now the Xia Family. Xiao is now the surname XMX gave her servants Zhong (Little Bell survives!) and Li (He's a lil cuite pie)... Also her dad's name is now Yuanzhou, if anyone sees Xiaofeng please tell me (that's another character)

Elliana, miragine and craz like this.