Novel Transmigrator meets Reincarnator II

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Regalia1896, Sep 19, 2017.

?

Should I add Transmigrator meets Reincarnator 2 to my Wattpad account?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2018.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IDK (you do you boo)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Elliana

Elliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for these 2 chapters! Love you !

Regalia1896 likes this.
  2. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too. Love this story Thanks a lot

3. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the chapter!
    This girl Ling-er is so hatefull. Let's see how MC will bait her next time.

4. Regalia1896

Regalia1896 Lady Sagittarius of the Moonlight Procrastinators

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 15| Ridiculously Wealthy, Ridiculously Risky: Young Miss Xia Meixiang

The auction continued from there, with the Four items passed before the Fanged Jade Serpent whip was presented.

Xia Meixiang sat up straighter the moment the the weapon was brought out on a jade tray by a showgirl in a short blue dress.

The showgirl showcased some basic techniques with the whip, her form passable at best. However, Xia Meixiang’s eyes were drawn to to the form of the whip as it cracked through the air unaided by qi.

The Fanged Jade Serpent whip was a yellow-grade weapon made from the body of a demonic beast called the Fanged Jade Serpent, a high silver-ranked demonic beast. Braided from the skin of the seven meter long serpent, it had a deep and lustrous green color, with a gold handle and an ivory tip made from the hollow fangs of the beast.

The emcee boasted the capabilities of the item strongly, and began the bidding at 200 silver.

After someone called out to meet the price, Xia Meixiang called out, “300 silver!”

“350 silver!”

“500!”

“700!

“1 000 silver!”

The prices rose to staggering amounts, but it Xia Meixiang’s eyes, they hadn’t even scratched the surface of the price of the item. Finally when a youth from the ground floor raised the price to 1 500 silver, Xia Meixiang made her final offer.

“2 000 silver!” she declared, causing the youth standing to pale.

Xia Jiaolong looked at his niece with a strange look on his face. “Mei girl…” he shook his head, thinking of how heavy handed Xia Meixiang was being. Luckily his own daughter was gentle and refined.

Xia Yuanzhou glanced at his younger brother. Xia Yuanzhou had always prefered business pursuits to cultivating, so his rank remained at the Martial General Realm. However, he was in charge of the revenue and finances of the Xia Family, including their lucrative businesses and partnerships they kept. Often called the Cunning Fox of the Xia Family, Xia Yuanzhou and his household were considered wealthy, even apart from the family itself.

Of course he gave his daughter pocket money here and there, but not so much as to drown her reason. He wanted her to learn how to manage finances, even if it may make him seem unyielding.

Against his expectations, she took to it rather well, and three years ago she had asked for him to buy into a small business for her, putting forward a quarter of her sizeable savings to do so. He had never felt prouder; until he happened to glance at the bookkeeping and saw she was turning a nice profit on her own.

His daughter possessed his business sense in spades!

Xia Meixiang coldly glanced down at the ground level masses and smirked. “Weapon obtained,” murmured Xia Meixiang.

Xia Ling-Er saw her smirk and smiled maliciously. My pitiful cousin, soon you will fall!

The auction continued, and several high priced items came and went. Xia Ling-Er bought a seven layered jewelry box inlaid with precious stones and a flashy martial skill called the Jade Pulse Palm Art.

Xia Meixiang was looking forward to the next item, which was the Purifying Body Pills.

Bidding began at 800 silver, and rose steadily to 2 000 silver and beyond. Xia Meixiang made a few bids before she claimed it at just under 5 000 silver. She narrowly outbid the scholarly Song Family, and completely outbid the Gu Family.

Xia Meixiang was somewhat satisfied with the results, but felt that the price was rather expensive, considering that in five years time, the protagonist would lower the price of medicine pills to 100 a bottle.

Then again, pills were a valued commerce for all cultivators and practitioners. They were graded by their potency and their ability, unlike some martial skills. Take her newly acquired Qilin Lightning Needle technique. It was valued high, not for difficulty or strength, but because of the prestige it held as part of the legendary Qilin Legacy of the Fourth Prince of the former Royal Dynasty. It would always be pricey.

Consumables like the pills she obtained, however, were prized by their herbal content, ability and craftsmanship. The Alchemists who made the pills were higher than the so called Alchemists who set up shop in Fanrong. The novel explained that true Alchemists could craft pills and elixirs; what Fanrong had were glorified witch doctors who made salves and tonics. What else could they do when the valley in which the kingdom sat was not conducive to growing a larger variety to study and learn from. Any Alchemist worth their salt would abandon ship to find another place to study.

It was only the Imperial Alchemist who still could be considered an alchemist in the truest sense. But he also spent nine months out of the year outside the kingdom, perfecting his craft.

Putting aside the pisspoor business acumen of the novel, Xia Meixiang readied herself for the next item, the Yuanling Tempest Whip script.

She listened as the emcee described the skill, glossing over the difficulty with practiced ease.

Xia Meixiang watched as her father put forth 1 200 for the skill. It was immediately met with 1 500 from the Wei Family. A few bids topped it before Xia Yuanzhou bid 1 900 silver. Before the words could properly get out, the Wei family bid 2 500 silver.

This happened a few more times, before Xia Yuanzhou fell silent scorn flashing in his eyes. It seemed that the Wei Family was set on making trouble with his Xia Family.

Xia Meixiang noticed the look on her father’s face and put on a stubborn face. “That Wei Qi Qi! If she wants to make trouble for our Family, I will gladly meet her!” she scowled, before grabbing the edge of her father’s sleeve and saying. “Father, I will put forth the rest of my money, let's increase our bid to 4 500 silver!”

Her words caused Xia Jiaolong to suck in a cold breath, calculative the amount of money Xia Meixiang had used buying items. His usually skinflint brother casually gave his daughter 10 000 silver? Was he not the Asura of the business world, the true Martial Lord of Business?

If Xia Meixiang had been boastful, had she heard what her Third Uncle thought, she would have sneered. Just 10 000 silver? This young miss has 100 000 gold in her savings at Jiang Royal Bank! If this miss wanted, she could buy the auction house three times over!

Xiao Zhong gave a pained look towards her miss before glaring in the direction of the Wei Family private box. Wei Qi Qi, you forget your place!

Xia Yuanzhou frowned. “Mei’er, sometimes it is best to let go.”

Xia Meixiang pouted. Her face clearly indicated she was not willing. “Father, I promise I will study hard. Put forth the money ah. Let me show that stinky girl that our household is better than hers!”

Reluctantly, Xia Yuanzhou raised his bid. He had never been one to restrict what his daughter did with her money. Although he was unwilling, he would accept her wishes.

When the Wei Family raised their price to 5 000 silver, Xia Jiaolong recovered himself, and after thinking for awhile, he said to his brother, “Xiao Zhou, you may not know this but the Wei Family is ridiculously wealthy recently. Maybe it is best not to compete with them…”

Xia Meixiang snorted. “So what? Our family has the rare lightning spiritual root, and Yu-tangjie is marrying into the Imperial Family in a year’s time. How is our family inferior to theirs?”

Xia Yuanzhou frowned. “Mei’er, it is because we are not inferior to them that we should step back. Truthfully, I do not like that technique for you.”

When Xia Meixiang looked ready to argue, he added. “How about this, the next whip technique you like, we will buy it without fail. But for now, give up on this thing.”

Although Xia Meixiang’s face looked unwilling as she agreed with her father’s decision, inside she was laughing at her cousin and Wei Qi Qi. You just helped we secure a better technique. Little cousin, I give you my thanks.

ludagad, Alice-sama, miragine and 3 others like this.
  5. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to say sorry for missing my posting last week (at least I meant to post last week but I didn't). So in apology, I will give you a little spoiler for an upcoming chapter
    Chapter XX Excerpt:
    [Who told that smelly prince to come near his sister, okay? His sister was his to protect until she married away and he wouldn’t let some stinky boy fly all around her and let her be spoiled before she left, royal title or no!]
    Chapter 16| Fighting with Wads of Cash, Xia vs Gu vs Protagonist

While Xia Meixiang felt smug inside, outside, she was stiff and stone-faced. Xia Yuanzhou felt that his daughter’s appearance was like the calm before the storm.

Slowly, holding the Scarlet Blood Fox in her arms, Xia Meixiang stood. “Father, I will return soon....I wish to calm myself.”

Xia Yuanzhou nodded. “...Do not take it to heart, Mei'er. Not everything can be won.”

Stiffly his daughter departed with her pet spirit beast and her maid servant. Xia Yuanzhou rested his head in his hands, frowning in the direction of the Wei Family private box. “That Wei Family...their actions are very domineering as of late...”

He had long heard from his sources that the Wei Family seemed to be getting ahead of themselves. They had recently bought a few auction houses on the verge of closure, but there was nothing significant for him to bring up at the court meetings. Still he was vigilant.

Xia Meixiang strolled down the corridors of the auction hall conversing with BaoBao. Being shadowed by Xiao Zhong and watched by the security of the Pagoda, of course she used their telepathic link.

‘Xia Ling-Er was very impulsive today,” observed BaoBao, somewhat pleased by the brushing Xia Meixiang was bestowing.

‘Can’t be helped,’ Xia Meixiang smirked, ‘Her plans haven’t succeeded in large succession so soon. She’s feeling edgy and presumptuous.’

People like Xia Ling-Er, two-faced and full of entitlement, were somewhat difficult people to deal with. Coupled with a fairy-like face and good acting skills they were a bane to people like “Xia Meixiang” who were straightforward and awkward with social interactions. Especially in Xuanhuan settings where heroes favor saving beauties and powering up fast, doling out one sided “justice” like gods.

But there was a fatal flaw for people like that: they became impatient when repeatedly thwarted. And her pitiful cousin was as impatient as she could get.

She had long abandoned using the Chen family to do her dirty work, but favored using her other rival to blacken Xia Meixiang’s face since seeing how extensive her network was.

Wei Qi Qi did not realize the snake she had let into her den, allowing Xia Ling-Er to use her network like she had. Xia Meixiang could clearly see the slow trickle of Wei Qi Qi’s gossip network flowing into Xia Ling-Er’s clutches.

‘It would be dangerous if such a flow continues,’ cautioned BaoBao.

Xia Meixiang chuckled under her breath, a cruel smile curving her lips up. ‘Just watch a good show,’ Xia Meixiang communicated via telepathy. ‘My dear cousin will get something nice…’

A few items later, Xia Meixiang returned to the room, her face calmer and her attitude devoid of emotion.

BaoBao was cuddled close to her chest and her maid servant was three steps behind her.

“Father, daughter has returned.” she announced quietly, a slight twitch in her face.

Xia Yuanzhou personally guided her to her seat. “Mei’er, don't pout, ah. Letting go sometimes is best.”

“Mn, daughter knows… but now daughter must find another technique soon for the Academy Conference.”

The Academy Conference was a fighting showcase held between all four schools in the Endless Illusion Pagoda, located in Four Rivers City.

It was also the platform for the “legend” the protagonist would establish.

Currently, the protagonist was only a disgraced young master from a wealthy household. His harem members should only be his childhood friend and fellow child of a concubine, Bai Ting Ting. He had “personally” clawed his way from the pit of despair authors enjoyed dropping their children into, having his mother assassinated and his talent nearly crushed under the heel of adversity.

If not for Bai Ting Ting, who has sacrificed a good deal of time and effort to caring for his wounds, he could only hope to reach Martial Scholar rank. Bai Ting Ting was his inverted scale and this was heavily emphasized later on during this first “showcase”.

It was also the button naive “Xia Meixiang” from the novel pushed with her “mastery” of the Yuanling Tempest Whip technique.

Now that the technique was “safely” out of Xia Meixiang’S hands, she could concentrate on other techniques.

As Xia Meixiang was musing over how effortlessly she handed the Wei Family a bomb ready to explode, BaoBao suddenly came alive in her arms.

‘A piece of the Treasure!’ it alerted Xia Meixiang. Xia Meixiang looked out at the auction stage. On the showgirl’s tray was a jade bracelet inlaid with gold and radiating a soothing light.

“This bracelet is the Soothing Jade Bracelet!” the emcee introduced the bracelet with a proud voice and began listing its attributes and merits.

When the emcee gave the name of the bracelet, Xia Meixiang didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

This bracelet originally belonged to Bai Ting Ting’s mother Qian Ting Lan, and had been part of her dowry upon entering the Bai Family in the hopes of giving the young woman a better life. After hard times had hit the Bai Family when Bai Ting Ting was young, her father and his main wife forced Qian Ting Lan to sell off everything to save the family some face, promising to return it all to her when things were better. Instead, nothing had been left.

Bai Ting Ting had especially loved the Soothing Jade Bracelet and Qian Ting Lan had often let the little girl wear it during her naps. But after the scheming of the main wife against her mother, their courtyard had been stripped of all valuables.

The protagonist, as a childhood friend and playmate of Bai Ting Ting, knew all about the cruel circumstances that she (BTT) endured.

This was the stage in which the protagonist cemented Bai Ting Ting’s devotion by obtaining the symbol of her mother’s legacy.

Now, Xia Meixiang had to ruin such a good scene… She clicked her tongue under her breath.

She heard the numerous bids being tossed out for the high quality jewelry. Finally, she added her own bid, “2 000 silver!”

“2 000 silver!” another voice called.

Xia Meixiang’s sharp gaze swept out towards the lower level of the auction floor, settling on the tall figure of a youth in the crowd.

He was just as described in the novel, with a determined face, dark shaggy hair and dressed in dark green attire. On his waist he carried the dagger his mother left for him. He was the protagonist Huang Yunqing.

Having heard a competing bid, he turned upwards to see Xia Meixiang staring at him from the private box.

He smiled coldly before announcing, “3 000 silver!”

Another voice, one that Xia Meixiang recognized as Gu Zhulin’s, joined the fray. “3 300 silver!” he bid.

Xia Meixiang replied with, “3 600 silver!”

By now, they were the only three voices competing for the Soothing Jade Bracelet, Xia Meixiang, Huang Yunqing and Gu Zhulin. All attention was on these three people, two of which were from the Four Great Families. The other was an unknown young man who somehow had the tiger’s guts to go against these two.

Finally, Huang Yunqing paused in his bidding, to write a note to someone.

“5 000 silver!” he jumped the bid by 1 000 silver, making the audience suck in a cold gasp.

“5 500 silver,” Gu Zhulin replied.

Before Xia Meixiang could bid, a servant came to the door with a note for Xia Meixiang.

[Will you concede, or will you oppose me?] was all the note said. The amount of fiery intent within the phrase was enough to make the servants in the room feel threatened.

Xia Yuanzhou frowned, feeling the intent swirling from piece of paper. “Who is so arrogant as to threaten my daughter?” exploded Xia Yuanzhou.

Xia Meixiang snorted, crumpling the note in her palm. Her eyes flashed a cold light. “So this gongzi believes this senior sister is easily bullied. Fine then, let’s see who bullies who!”

After tossing the note away, Xia Meixiang called out, “5 700 silver!”

“6 000 silver!”

“7 000 silver!” Huang Yunqing called out

BaoBao mused in Xia Meixiang’s mind, ‘It seems the bracelet is far more famous than I gave it credit for. It’s only on the lower tier of my Master’s amassed treasures.’

‘Do I really need to obtain the bracelet now?’ Xia Meixiang was clear on the fact that when the protagonist and his three merry harem members traversed to the higher realms, the Soothing Jade Bracelet was absorbed by BaoBao to save Bai Ting Ting from danger.

‘I would rather we claim it now. It will be of great help in guiding your soul back to your dimension when the time comes.’ BaoBao said after a pause.

So it was like that… Xia Meixiang sighed. It looked like she would have to be ruthless.

“100 gold!”

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    ludagad, Alice-sama, miragine and 4 others like this.
  6. Food food

Food food Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ML ...

Regalia1896 likes this.
  7. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking that the one getting angry is the elder male cousin? Since he seems likely to be a bro-con for his little cousin Xia Meixiang :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt: And is this the advent of ML? He's a prince? I thought it'd be other kind of super cultivator :blobtongue:

And yes MC, do it. Crush them with money. If they think your dad spoiled you with cash, prove them wrong or just flaunt it off. "My family have the money. Is it your family's? No? Then suck it biatch." :blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses:

And thanks for 2 chapters! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

Regalia1896 and Elliana like this.
  8. Elliana

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!
    XXX
    I reaaaaaally LOVE this novel!!!!!!
    Thanks again for the news chapters!!!

Love you soooooooo much!!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Regalia1896 likes this.
  9. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah~ good question... :blobconfused:Who is the ML? :blobfearful:OH wait...I'm supposed to know.... *throws smokebomb* Amateur Author Out!:blobninja:

Rurin, Elliana and Food food like this.
  10. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, all you lovers out there~:aww::aww::aww::aww:
    GET OFF MY LAWN!!!:blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil:
    I'm Kidding ~(maybe..) Well here's a Valentine's Day Chapter for all you lovers out there. Happy V-Day, or as I call it, Perpetual Awareness of My Singular Status Day...:blob_grin:

Chapter 17| Choking on Envy, the Third Branch’s Venom

The audience seemed to be trying to suck up all the air in the auction house. Was this young miss made of money?!

100 gold was the equivalent of 10 000 silver! It was a bit more weighty in terms of currency to use gold, rather than silver- of course an establishment would pay more attention to someone who could pay for things in gold.
    Clearly, the Second Young Miss of the Xia Family was ready to end this, and was unafraid of smacking faces with money to do so!

Xia Yuanzhou showed a complicated expression but held his tongue. Xia Meixiang had earned the money herself, and seeing as how she had lost something earlier. He reasoned that another loss like that and she would not be as amiable as she had been earlier.

Xia Jiaolong however, was looking at his niece as if she were a bank vault. His Third Household was also wealthy, but there was no harm in more wealth. And his niece was Seeing his arrogant niece Xia Meixiang wave around so much money carelessly, he was really grinding his teeth!

Xia Jiaolong had long been jealous of the seemingly perfect life his brother lived, with a loving and beautiful wife, a son and daughter pair of siblings and a good prospective son-in-law. How could Xia Yuanzhou, who had once upset the whole Xia Family with his selfishness, somehow still triumph in the end?

“Going once…” the emcee sputtered after no further bids were made. “Going twice… Sold!”

The sparse applause was telling of the mental state the audience was in. How could someone slap people with money so willfully.

Xia Ling-Er herself was pale and shaking. If her cousin had so much money, why wouldn’t she buy the technique? Didn’t she desperately want a technique to impress Gu Zhulin in a few weeks at the Competition? Questions whirled around in Xia Ling-Er’s head like a wheel.

Xia Meixiang for her part was swallowing a bitter pill. The true value of a Soothing Jade Bracelet was great, just over 7 000 silver. To spend 3 000 extra...Iy my brain must be addled after spending so long in this fantasy land…

‘The item’s true name is the Soul Saving Jade Bracelet,’ BaoBao supplied the forlorn businesswoman. ‘It can safely keep a soul intact through rigorous transport such as dimensional travel. Such items were bestowed to my Master’s closest confidants.’

That doesn’t explain the price, ah! Xia Meixiang was feeling conflicted over her her purchase, but her face didn’t show it. Instead she wore a smug look, as if she meant to spend so much. Inwardly, she scolded her hot little hands for being too strong willed.

“Little niece…” Xia Jiaolong began, but stopped himself, a calculating look entering his eyes.

Xia Yuanzhou only sighed. His daughter was never really impulsive with her purchases so he would not restrain her this time. He had no apprehensions about a simple bracelet, unlike the Yuanling Tempest Whip script which was so dangerous.

Soon after the bracelet was taken off the stage, the showgirl came out with a scroll on a tray. It was the Azure Blade technique!

Xia Meixiang listened as the emcee described the power of the skill. The The Azure Blade technique was a strong technique that required talent with using sword intent. The amount of people who met the criteria were uncommon.

The Xia Family was talented with ranged weapons, notably whips and swords. Of the younger generation, she and Xia Long Yu were the most talented with swords. Having a copy of the Azure Blade technique, incomplete or not, was definitely a useful thing for her to obtain.

2 000 silver was the starting bid, and it rose steadily, with the protagonist bidding furiously in the heat of it.

Stroking her chin, she smirked, “I do also need a new sword technique…”

Truth be told, there was a more complete version of the Azure Blade technique in the Library, but it cost 500 contribution points to acquire a copy. The Azure Blade technique was one of the Five Imperial Arts that the Imperial Family gifted to the the Four Academies.

At the end of every conference, the Five Imperial Arts were given to the school with the most students placed in the Top Ten Rankings at the end. Of course Tianlong ranked first every year for the past ten years, so the Five Imperial Arts- the Azure Blade technique, the Silver Ice Fan script, the Blazing Red Fist Art, the Black Wind Sabre script, and the Golden Dragon Whip scroll- stayed sequestered in the Academy, displayed in a shrine of honor in the Main Hall.

Xia Jiaolong frowned, his face sour. “Dear niece, the academy has this particular script already…”

“But I would not be able to have an imprint to guide me.” Xia Meixiang couldn’t wait to point out. She knew her uncle had once tried his hand at the Five Imperial Arts, specifically the Cool Wind Sabre script. However, after sorely losing to the current General of the Imperial Army in terms of proficiency, he gave up.

“5 000 silver!” Xia Meixiang called out.

“7 000!” called the familiar voice of the protagonist.

Not to be outdone, Gu Zhulin also threw in his bid, no doubt to annoy Xia Meixiang to no end. “7 500!”

Soon the bidding became a picture of the same scene as the jade bracelet. Xia Meixiang felt a certain little hero was being spiteful. Yes, he was a sword cultivator; in fact, the hero was one of those “allrounders” who could use any weapon with “practice”.

However, the protagonist had a cultivation technique from his deceased parents that far surpassed the capabilities of the Five Imperial Arts, let alone the Azure Blade technique.

This show of bidding was simply Hero Huang taking a stake for the sake of his bruised pride.

This reminded Xia Meixiang of an unpleasant experience in modern times. A chauvinistic superior had decided to “cow the shrews” by assigning Xia Meixiang- the most outstanding candidate- a part on the team presenting for an American company. She was told that she would be “gathering information” for her colleagues but she was sent left and right fetching coffee and lunch orders like an intern!

What that chauvinist failed to see was that Xia Meixiang had studied abroad in America for three years and through her own hard work and perseverance she managed to intern at a small company for a year. She was also quite fluent in English.

So when they pushed her to the forefront to present a small part of the business plan, expecting her to stutter through the part and be embarrassed, she shocked the tupe off the old man by completing it in English.

After he failed to humiliate her there, he began to target all the women who came into the company with her. Needless to say, somehow she was blamed for it all. Even after the old bastard was forced to resign due “internal reasons”, Xia Meixiang remained ostracized from her peers due to her shrewd behavior.

Thinking of that incident made Xia Mexiang’s blood boil. “Little gongzi below, don't waste too much…” she sneered, a vicious light shining in her eyes.

“100 gold!” she named the same price as before.

HSSS!

How could the audience not suck in air at the exuberant amount of money the young miss dropped so casually?! Minutes trickled by and no one else gave a bid.The emcee coughed truly before calling out. “100 gold, once? Twice? Sold to the Second Young Miss of the Xia family!”

It was then that Xia Jiaolong snapped from his stupor. “Niece Meixiang....”

“Sometime retreat is best, but only in the face of foolish whimsy.”

Her words sounded lofty and wise, but to Xia Ling-Er who was certain she had dealt a blow to her eyesore of a cousin, she sounded hollow.

Want to save face, but you lack the intelligence, she inwardly sneered. My pitiful cousin, this is only the beginning. Anything you desire, I will gladly take from you. Anything you cherish, I will destroy!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    ludagad, Alice-sama, miragine and 4 others like this.
  11. MiyaMira

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the chapter! Wow, this is feeling more like those counter-attack novels where the protagonists are scum. I hope some of the protagonist's harem has actual real reasonable people, or it'll be really tiring for Xia Meixiang to deal with them.

On the other hand, what did Daddy Xia did? Sounds like such a big problem... hmmm :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Regalia1896 likes this.
  12. Elliana

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!!
    Love,
    XXX

Regalia1896 likes this.
  13. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha, take that!

The power of money is truly amazing :aww: Xia Meixiang marry me~

But if it's wrong, why does it feel so good :aww::aww:

Regalia1896 likes this.
  14. Karnika

Karnika Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love the synopsis. Good luck!

Regalia1896 likes this.
  15. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 18| Negotiating with Headstrong Men

The auction drew to a close and within an hour, Xia Meixiang stood beside her father, waiting to claim her prizes. Who would think she would claim her entire shopping list in one sweep?

She was quite pleased with her acquisitions, so she naturally overlooked the price tag accompanying it. And even if she did, she would simply pass the headache off as a psychological tax of some sort.

Currently, Xia Meixiang invested in several businesses, contributing a large amount of money to her personal coffers as well as her household revenue. Although her parents vehemently declined taking the money, Xia Meixiang still sent it to her parents.

All she knew was that the accumulated wealth was being added to her dowry.

Waiting for her turn to pay for her items, she enjoyed a leisurely telepathic chat with BaoBao. It was only when it was her father’s turn and a youth clad in rich blue simple robes stepped before her that her mood became a bit prickly.

Her father frowned at the youth’s behavior, but Xia Meixiang smiled up at him. “Father should go and retrieve his items first. I will stay here.”

“Mei’er…” her father clearly did not like the ominous aura of the young man, but Meixiang was interested in hearing what this protagonist had to say.

“Father must check the quality of mother’s gift, ah.” Her mother’s birthday celebration was two weeks away.

Xia Meixiang had already ordered a one of a kind dress and jewelry set for her mother to wear, having snatched away the hard-earned right after stealthily winning her mother’s approval. Her father could only sulk privately and come up with something even more spectacular than that.

Her father still looked torn.

She sighed in her heart. Such deep love and affection for his daughter and yet the former “Xia Meixiang” believed herself unloved by all…

“Father, your daughter is more than capable of handling this. The Four Clouds Auction pagoda also does not permit roughraff, does it?”

The reminder calmed Xia Yuanzhou considerably and after saying a few more words, he went to the back rooms to retrieve his things.

“You are truly an obstinate girl.” declared the young man, causing a dark expression to form on Xiao Zhong’s face.

Stepping forward, Xiao Zhong placed herself before her mistress and the arrogant sir. “Kind sir, does my young lady know you?” her tone was bordering on glacial as she spoke.

The protagonist frowned but conceded. “My name is Huang Yunqing.”

“From what family do you hail?” Xiao Zhong demanded to know.

A dark shadow crossed his face, but Huang Yunqing smiled amiably. “My family by itself is too insignificant to come into the eyes of one such as you.”

Xiao Zhong was quite dismissive of this “Huang Yunqing”. “I beg Mister Huang to please find conversation with some other young lady. As the Xia young miss, my mistress is not as carefree as you.”

Her words meant that while he has no social standing to consider, her mistress was from a prominent family and thus could not afford such scandal.

Xia Meixiang found her words to be a bit antiquated. Although the setting was “historical”, it was a cultivation society as well. While there were certain understandings of class structure and social mannerisms, largely a young miss such as Xia Meixiang was free to speak to whomever in a public place such as this.

It dawned on Xia Meixiang that her little Zhong was protecting her from an unknown and unidentified virus.

Of course the protagonist's sudden change in attitude contributed to her wariness of the youth. Who told him to try and be charming after being a thug only seconds ago?

She was touched by her little Zhong’s dedication to her. Still, it was better to not antagonize the protagonist outright like this… Even if he well and truly deserved it/ “Zhong’er, why don’t we hear what he has to say?”

“Thanking Miss for her kindness,” bit out Huang Yunqing, feeling slightly aggrieved by the circumstance.

He had carefully amassed his fortunes to give himself and Bei Ting Ting a lucrative lifestyle in Fanrong Country’s capital, but it was still not enough to give him equal standing with people such as the Xia Young Miss before him. He felt indignant about this, but he calmed himself.

Soon, he would make those that forced him down this path pay. But first, he wanted to give Bei Ting Ting something to soothe her heart about the recent rumors of himself and Hua Wei An, the “Goddess” of Dilong Academy.

“Miss Xia, would you be willing to part with the Soothing Jade Bracelet you bought today?” Huang Yunqing was not one to mince words. He directly asked for the bracelet.

Xia Meixiang arched a brow. “Mister Huang does understand what a ‘transaction’ is, correct?” she said this loftily, her voice carrying a hint of bemusement.

“Naturally, I will match the price paid by Miss Xia.” Huang Yunqing replied.

She snorted. “Does Mister Huang believe I will sell it so easily after I fought so hard to obtain it?”

Gritting his teeth, Huang Yunqing cursed this crafty fox before him. Staring hard at her figure, watching her jade-like hands stroke the fur of the Scarlet Blood Fox in her arms, he bit out, “I will pay you 20 gold more.”

“Not enough!”

“30 gold more.”

“Still not enough.”

“60!”

“Not enough.” Xia Meixiang replied stoically.

“Miss Xia, that bracelet means far more to me than to you.” Huang Yunqing seethed.

“And how would Mister Huang know this?” retorted Xia Meixiang. Her eyes flashed with malice. “Do not presume that you are all-knowing. Are you a hidden Immortal?”

Huang Yunqing frowned at her mocking tone. “Miss Xia, I ask that you refrain from mocking me.”

“Then I ask that you refrain from demeaning me.” Xia Meixiang snapped right back. “Because it is priceless to you, you believe it is of no worth to me? It just so happens that I saw this and thought it would me. Does that make it worthless to me?”

“But it would be of no consequence to you to lose it, would it?”

Xia Meixiang directly laughed at him. “I buy what I like, and I like what I buy. Mister Huang, you clearly lack the acumen to negotiate. You have insulted me three times and expect to be given a helping hand. Do I look so easy to bully?”

“I was not insulting you!” snapped Huang Yunqing, his hand fisted at his side, while his voice got louder.

“Clearly, you are.” Xia Meixiang waved a hand at the space between them. “Tell you what, you have one month to astound me with something more precious than this Soothing Jade Bracelet. Let me see something amazing, and I will gift it to you.”

She nodded to Xiao Zhong, who came forward with a jade piece with the character for her name. “One month. In this jade piece is a wisp of my personal attendant’s qi. It can only be maintained for a month. When you wish to show me something amazing, bring this forward.”

Huang Yunqing looked at the jade with disdain. “Thanking Miss Xia for her kindness.” he bit out. “But I would rather we trade for it.”

“But you have nothing I want.” Xia Meixiang pointed out, a smirk on her lips. She waved a hand, and Xiao Zhong returned to standing behind her. “No matter, I doubt I will forget you, Mister Huang. When you are ready to truly negotiate, I will speak with you again.”

It was at that time that the backroom attendant came out to fetch Xia Meixiang. Following the blue robed man into the back, she left the protagonist seething in frustration and anger. “Ling-Yu, did you see how how she treated me?” he demanded under his breath to no one the people around him could see.

From the sleeves of his robes, a pair of deep green glowing eyes peered out at the retreating figure of Xia Meixiang.

“Young Master, do not worry over a mere Inner Martial Scholar,” the voice consoled. “She will bow to your majesty soon…”

Hearing this promise, Huang Yunqing calmed his heart and, flicking his other sleeve in arrogance before retreating into the crowd of patrons.

ludagad, miragine, Rurin and 5 others like this.
  16. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 19| Toying with a Few Schemers: Dare to Play my Way?

Heading home, Xia Meixiang leisurely polished the handle of her newly obtained whip. The jade green snakeskin glistened under care.

Beside her, Xiao Zhong held the brocade box containing the jade bracelet and the jade box containing the Azure Blade tablet and the jade bottle containing the pills. Across from her, Xia Ling-Er and her personal attendant watched her ministrations with different expressions.

While Xia Ling-Er looked a bit constipated, her attendant was staring in blatant admiration at Xia Meixiang.

“Dear cousin-sister, I hope you do not hold it too harshly against Wei Qi Qi for taking that which was precious to you.”

Xia Meixiang paused in cleaning the handle. “Whatever does meimei mean?”

“I know that Wei Qi Qi was quite brash but…”

“Whether she was brash or not, it does not concern me.” Xia Meixiang sighed, continuing to clean the whip diligently. “No matter, thinking a bit more, perhaps the technique was not made to be mine.”

She smirked. “Then again, it also does not suit Miss Wei Qi Qi…”

Xia Ling-Er’s shallow look of concern froze. “What does cousin mean?”

Xia Meixiang carefully replaced the whip in its box, before placing it to one side. She took out the Soothing Jade Bracelet and after inspecting it for damage, she placed it on her wrist. BaoBao, who had been resting on her shoulder, nimbly lept to her lap, curling up into a ball with a yawn.

“The technique is only useful if you want to discard all prior training, and start anew from the first step.” she revealed this nonchalantly. “I’ve long heard tales of the ferocity of the technique’s power. Only through careful guidance can one obtain the true power of the Yuanling Tempest Whip script.”

The color seemed to drain from Xia Ling-Er, and she broken asked. “And jiejie was willing to take such a risk?”

“One hundred percent.” Not! Only someone completely obsessed with obtaining perfection would seek to destroy the roots to rebuild again.

Xia Ling-Er’s fingernails dug into her palms until she felt blood trickle. It was not out of concern that she asked for clarification, but out of frustration. How could Xia Ling-Er lose such a good chance to waste her cousin-sister for a petty victory?

With her talent scrapped, even for a moment, Xia Ling-Er could tear her cousin down to the ground and crush her under her feet!

“The only reason that I had confidence is because I had explained my desire to Hall Master Hong. He was willing to guide me, provided I obtain the script first.”

Xia Meixiang pretended she was unconcerned with the matter. “No matter, it does not concern me.”

She pretended to inspect her other goods, especially the Purifying Meridians Pills. Taking the top off of the jade bottle, she inhaled the rich scent of the pills, smiling in satisfaction at the purchase.

‘The scent is strong,’ BaoBao commented. ‘Not as strong as the ones my master made, but strong enough for this realm.’

Xia Meixiang let the scent permeate through the air and then decisively closed it off. She set the bottle down with a loud thunk, waking Xia Ling-Er from her stupor.

Xia Ling-Er blinked, awakening from her lustful daydream about snatching the pills from her cousin. Not here, she told herself, soothing her itchy palms.

“Dear cousin, what will you do with the pills, ah?”

There were four pills in the bottle, and each practitioner only needed one to cleanse their bodies once or twice to increase the circulation of qi through the body. Naturally, Xia Meixiang had plans for these pills. She had heard of them long before coming to the auction house to bid.

“I haven’t yet decided. Naturally one pill is mine, but the others…”

“Are you planning to give one to Zhulin-gege?” Xia Ling-Er proposed, intentionally using the old nickname she had called Gu Zhulin by as a child.

Xia Meixiang rolled her eyes, ignoring the dull ache in her heart at Gu Zhulin’s mention. “...I... have not yet decided…” He’ll be lucky if I even let him sniff the aftereffects of these pills!

One pill, Xia Meixiang would keep for herself. Two already had predetermined owners. And the last? Well that one was B-A-I-T.

Returning to her room, she changed into a light orange dress with fresh green embroidery and matching orange slippers.

Taking the Qilin Lightning Needle technique, Xia Meixiang made her way over to the First Household to seek out Xia Lan Yu.

“Mei’er,” greeted her First Uncle, a doting smile on his face. He had a few stewards following him with scrolls of paperwork and a inkstone. In his hands he gripped a pen-brush. His expression was a mixture of relief and anxiety.

“I greet First Uncle,” she respectfully replied. Looking closely she could identify that three of the four stewards were usually under her father’s employ. “I see that you are somewhat busy, so I won’t disturb you too long. I only came to see Elder Sister Yu.”

“Ah…” He looked disheartened by her claim but replied, “Lan’er is practicing with Long’er in the back. Let one of the servants alert them.” He beckoned one of the servants to come forward.

“Thanking First Uncle for his kindness.” She bowed again before following the hailed servant deeper into the residence.

The three residences of the main branch of the Xia Family were relatively the same, only the first was a bit larger due to the expectancy that the heir apparent would have a large family.

However, Xia Guangli defied all odds and only had his wife, Baili Heilan beside him. Together the two only had their set of twins, Long Yu and Lan Yu. Despite criticism from his peers about being a henpecked husband and gossip that his wife was a hell-raising shrew, they maintained a kind of devotion that was rare even in XIa Meixiang’s modern era. Perhaps it was this complete devotion to their spouses that allowed the brothers Guangli and Yuanzhou to bond after a tense period of anger and resentment?

Nevertheless, now that Baili Heilan was once again expecting, Xia Guangli was hoping to slack off on his work as the Family Head to accompany her more, but both Heilan and Yuanzhou would not allow this, thus the scene from before.

“Nubi will inform the young miss and master,” the servant said before departing after leading Xia Meixiang to the reception hall.

Sitting in the room, Xia Meixiang absently played with the Soothing Jade Bracelet on her wrist. No, she amended, the true name of the trinket was the Soul Saving Jade Bracelet… She twisted it on her wrist, reflecting light off of the polished surface.

After a quarter of an hour, Xia Meixiang heard the approach of rapid footsteps. She stood the receive her cousins.

First through the door was Xia Long Yu.

“Younger Sister Mei,” he smiled warmly at her, opening his arms to her and walking forward.

“Elder Brother Yu,” she replied, smiling back.

Her elder cousin was quite attractive, with wide shoulders, a clean and handsome face, and honest demeanor. Many girls lost their hearts to his oblivious charm.

Ah… She lamented his fate to be ruled by his wife. She could only pray this future wife was good to Innocent Long Yu.

“Xiao Long, you are still sweaty.” reminded Xia Lan Yu as she entered the room, tailed closely by the servant.

“Eldest Sister Yu,” greeted Xia Meixiang, not missing a beat.

The stoned-faced Lan Yu returned the greeting. “What brings you here after you big outing?”

Xia Meixiang frowned, not understanding why her cousin was so tense today. She shook her head. “I don’t understand…”

Xia Long Yu threw his head back and laughed. “Mei’er, Lan-jiejie is just pouting because you did not invite her to go out with you, ah. She heard originally that it was a trip for yourself and your father, but this morning, she spied Ling-Er climbing aboard with you.”

“Xia Long Yu, I was too lax earlier if your mouth can still flap like that!” Xia Lan Yu red-faced and looking very frightening, rushed forward to try and silence her idiot twin brother, only for him to dodge and continue on. “Mei’er, next time, you have to take Lan-jiejie out, okay? Spare me having to compensate her on your behalf.”

Then Xia Meixiang understood, and giggled. “Yu-jiejie, it wasn’t like that at all.”

Xia Lan Yu blushed even deeper. “Are you still an ignorant? Who told you to believe every word this oaf says, ah?!”

Xia Meixiang felt especially close to this cousin of hers. She didn’t mind teasing her most days, but knowing the circumstances of the day, she didn’t want to upset her. “Jiejie, Third Uncle and Ling-Er ambushed us early this morning, asking to come along to find some good things to help Ling-Er breakthrough. Father couldn’t deny them, so they accompanied us.”

“...Truly?” Xia Lan Yu asked.

“Truly, jiejie,” replied Xia Meixiang, nodding seriously.

Xia Lan Yu fell silent while Xia Long Yu crept closer to Xia Meixiang from the side, eager to give his little cousin the greeting hug his sister had denied him while she was distracted.

“Xia Long Yu, we should clean up a bit.” Xia Lan Yu froze her brother’s actions with a meaningful stare.

Xia Meixiang chuckled under her breath before Xia Lan Yu’s gaze landed on her and softened. “Mei’er, are you staying for lunch?”

Xia Meixiang pondered it for a minute, then accepted. “First Uncle’s house naturally has the best food, so meimei will be freeloading.”

ludagad, Rurin, Doc11 and 4 others like this.
  17. Elliana

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!!!!

18. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey all you lovelies~! I have an announcement to make. I will be taking another unscheduled break from updating to shore up my grades. I would love to keep writing more, but I'm running out of stored up chapters, so this will be the last one before I take a break. When I return I'll do a double release, but until then, I will see you all around the forum! :blobsmilehappyeyes:
    Chapter 20| Naturally Cunning, Unnaturally Sharp

After a hearty lunch of braised salmon with rice, with vegetables, a light vegetable soup and calming tea, Xia Meixiang finally gave Xia Lan Yu her surprise.

After she unveiled the brocade box, Xia Lan Yu was shocked. “Mei’er…”

“It’s for you to give to future brother-in-law tomorrow.” Xia Meixiang smiled, pushing the opened box forward. “While it is not a flashy technique, I had my people look into it, it is strong enough to incapacitate a Supreme Thunder Beast. And of course, since it is the technique brother-in-law wants the most, he should kiss your feet when he sees you have caught what eluded him for years.”

Wordlessly, Xia Lan Yu picked up the scroll inside, her eyes running frantically over it. “Mei’er… you did this for me...?”

“Naturally, a good sister helps her sister with all problems.” Xia Meixiang replied. “Even the ones you don’t tell me, naturally I can see them. Jiejie is too hard on herself.”

The Third Prince would be turning nineteen tomorrow, and the four great families had been invited to celebrate. The Crown Prince Yun Huo Chen and his Princess Consort An Ying Xi would also be presenting their newborn daughter Meng Lin. It was to be a night full of splendor.

However, it seemed as if disaster was dooming Xia Lan Yu on all fronts. She had naturally prepared a bevy of gifts for her fiance’s birthday. Unexpectedly, the merchants responsible for delivering the gifts had been robbed! Nothing was spared, not even the three meter high bronze Qilin statue she had commissioned was spared.

Frantic, she had scoured for any trace of the statue or the bandits. Nothing turned up. And it was too late to find something for Yun Li Tien.

She had other gifts to give him, but none could be the centerpiece like the Qilin statue was to be.

But now her cousin had delivered something so precious… The Qilin Lightning Needle technique had eluded the Third Prince for years since he heard of it. However, fate had constantly kept him from obtaining this scroll. Three years ago it was his deployment into the military, the year before that it was participation in the Inter-Academy Tournament…

“Mei’er, you’ve done a great deed for your cousin.” Xia Guangli praised.

She waved it off. “Until jiejie leaves, she is still my jiejie. I can only pamper and comfort her for so long…” She gave a dejected sigh. “My precious jiejie will soon be gone. Maybe I should take it back and keep jiejie?”

Lan Yu’s face blushed hotly. “Mei’er!”

Xia Meixiang laughed. “Ai~Yu-jiejie is so fierce.”

The whole room dissolved into laughter, the atmosphere lightening. When Xia Meixiang got up to leave, Xia Lan Yu insisted on seeing her off.

At the door, Xia Lan Yu took her hand. “Mei’er, how did you know…?” She shook her head, stopping herself.

“Everytime we mentioned the banquet, you were moody. You try very hard to avoid speaking with His Highness as well, whenever he tries to visit you at the academy grounds, and I know you’ve been seeking out the Black River Gang hideout furiously for two weeks. You have some bags under your eyes.” It was why part of her intelligence forces were looking into their whereabouts and why they attacked such unique goods.

Xia Lan Yu was silent for a moment before she choked out, “I almost embarrassed myself before Li Tien… So, thank you.”

Xia Lan Yu loved Yun Li Tien deeply. From when Xia Meixiang was small, she had watched her sister moon over the Third Prince, and gush at his every accomplishment. It was lucky that this prince seemed to fancy Xia Lan Yu as well. The Third Prince made large concessions to be near Lan Yu and was often visiting her at opportune times. It was because of his love for Lan Yu that Xia Meixiang approved of their romance and often removed Long Yu from his twin’s side.

“You don’t give yourself enough credit.” Xia Meixiang chided. “You are the Eldest Young Miss of the Xia Family, not to mention your fiance loves you more than you think.”

Unexpectedly, a pang of pain throbbed in Xia Meixiang’s chest. She unconsciously rested her hand over her heart and frowned, a look of confusion crossing her face.

That pain again… Why did it persist? The doctors said nothing was wrong, and BaoBao confirmed that her soul and body were still in sync. This flaring pain was quite strange...

“Mei’er?” Xia Lan Yu’s voice brought her back from the depths of her thoughts.

Xia Meixiang shook her head slowly. “It’s nothing. I probably stayed too long in the sun.”

“Take care of yourself, Mei’er.” Xia Lan Yu chided.

“Ah, only if Yu-jiejie will do the same. You should take the opportunity to get a good night’s sleep and astound those onlookers tomorrow night.” Xia Meixiang said. A woman’s appearance was her first weapon in a battle like this.

With those words exchanged, Xia Meixiang departed from the First Household’s courtyard.

That night, at the Fortune City docks, a young man with a strong build and scruffy hair endured a tense beating from the gang of men clothed in black bandit gear.

The young man getting beaten up so intensely was a familiar face to Tianlong Academy, his name being the 103rd on the list of Martial ranked students- Guang Ye.

He came from common roots, an orphan that Vice Head Instructor Nangong had scouted himself.

He was only eighteen, but he had the determination many generals of the Fanrong Army lacked.

He endured under the countless fists of these bandit men, until they ceased caring whether he lived or died.

“Bastard brat!” spat one of them.

“Death is a luxury for you…” taunted another, giving one last kick to the young man on the ground.

The bystanders all looked away, their eyes everywhere but on the young man left to bitterly pick himself back up.

This was a common sight close to the docks, it was the territory of rogues, ne'er do wells and gangs. Mostly petty gangs ran around the docks, but the men who had savagely roughed up Guang Ye were members of a notorious gang of bandits- precisely the Black River Gang.

Although they had suddenly moved westward into the countryside, their return was met with the same fear as when they left.

Guang Ye slowly dragged his body into a corner away from prying eyes and ingested a few pills from his pouch. Luckily those bastards hadn’t thought to take his belongings as well.

He had been too naive, ignorant to the winds of change that brought the foul stench that was the Black River Gang back to the capital… He had been living such a good life these past four years, finally managing to break into the Martial Soldier Realm.

He had thought this strength was enough to protect himself. Instead, he had been ambushed and beaten like a dog by those scums again!

His pride could not handle such outrage. His hands tightened to fists as he cursed his fate to be weaker than those Black River Gang. If only he were like those rich gongzhi that walked around with a purse of cash… If only he could buy himself some support…

Suddenly, he recalled a good piece of information. “Lady Xia was looking for good information on those bastards…” he murmured.

Although he had a vague impression of Xia Meixiang, he could see how well her two servants were treated, they followed her like shadows but their strength was stunning enough to command respect. Her reward should not be lacking…

He had no idea what she wanted with the Black River Gang, but he could say for certain it was not with friendly intentions.

Knowing those scoundrels, they’ve probably offended her somehow… Guang Ye snickered as his bruises healed under the effects of the salve he’d used. He eyes the porcelain jar with remorse. He was almost done with this… It was about time he restocked his supply. How else was he supposed to get through the month?

The following day, Xia Meixiang and Xia Ling-Er were met at the gates by Wei Qi Qi and her younger brother Wei Qing Che.

Both had arrogant demeanors about them, but only Wei Qi Qi was outwardly sneering. “Second Young Miss Xia, you dare show your face out here?”

Xia Meixiang barely restrained herself from rolling her eyes. “Second Young Miss Wei, to what are you referring?”

Wei Qi Qi snapped out the brocade hand fan she was holding, giving a high pitched giggle. “Clearly I’m referring to you getting shot down by the upstart at the auction yesterday. Still chasing after men when you are clearly engaged.”

Xia Meixiang snorted quietly to the side. “Oh? I was chasing someone?”

“I saw it myself!” replied Wei Qing Che, stepping forward. The barely thirteen year old boy was very much like his sister, arrogant and quick to speak, not very measured in his thoughts. “You were chasing that upstart from Dilong Academy!”

Xia Meixiang made face. “Dismissing a pesky buyer is chasing?” She outright snorted, crossing her arms under her chest. The sudden plumping of her *cough cough* noticeable chest, made the originally indignant Wei Qing Che blank out for a moment.

“Uh….” Wei Qing Che was not as vicious as his older sisters, and was often mocked as the gutless tiger of the Wei Family. Xia Meixiang had watched over the years as Wei Qing Che, the only son of Family Head Wei Qiu Shen, was spoiled on one side and led around on the other. He was a pitiful excuse for a young master, but he was at least leagues ahead of “Xia Meixiang’s” fate.

His infatuation with Xia Ling-Er, and willingness to follow after her to the ends of the earth earned the grudging respect of the protagonist, who not only spared his life, but off-handedly instructed him with some martial arts. When the group departed for the higher realms, Wei Qing Che was left behind, able to establish himself as a strong pillar, but utterly devoted to the hero’s doctrine of justice.

In the most basic sense, he was a follower, wide-eyed and easily persuaded.

Wei Qi Qi scowled at her younger brother’s obvious attraction to her hated foe. “Xia Meixiang, you dare seduce my brother before me?!”

“And how am I doing that?” Xia Meixiang arched a brow.

Frustrated, she gestured to all of Xia Meixiang’s figure. “By wearing such tasteless and inappropriate clothing! Truly vulgar!”

For her age, Xia Meixiang had a rather well-developed figure. She was at least leagues above the pitifully endowed Wei Qi Qi and her fellow flat-chested compatriots. Not only that, but she maintained the posture of a dignified lady, under the uncharacteristically spartan tutelage of Shi Huan and her mother.

When compared against the students of her grade, there was no comparison to draw: Xia Meixiang stood out.

The thirteen year old Xia Meixiang was about five centimeters shorter than the sixteen year old Wei Qi Qi, being tall for her age. She had stunning features, though they failed to live up to her mother’s reputation, and between her eyes on her forehead was a scale-like birthmark that seemed to grow more vibrant as she grew older. She had a young woman’s body, there was no one who could deem her childish at the moment, but no one would go as far as to call her vulgar.

Xia Meixiang rolled her eyes. “Young Miss Wei, spare me your tall tales. We both wear the same uniform, how is it vulgar on me? Where is it inappropriate?” She spread her arms wide in askance, eliciting giggles from the onlookers. She made a face as if she was enlightened. “Ah~ is it that Young Miss Wei is finding herself lacking after looking at me?” A sympathetic smile curled over Xia Meixiang’s lips.

Shamed, Wei Qi Qi stamped her feet in anger, her face as red as the ribbon in Xia Meixiang’s hair. “Xia Meixiang you dare!”

“I dare to do what I please.” she retorted. “Besides, my matters have not effect on the Wei Family.”

Gritting her teeth, Xia Ling-Er looked on in silence as Wei Qi Qi’s verbal assault was stripped bare by Xia Meixiang silver tongue. Truly, it seemed she had underestimated her cousin. Her eyes glanced at the utterly defeated Wei Qi Qi. And it seemed she’d overestimated this arrogant pawn of hers...

“Don’t provoke me any more than you already have!” Wei Qi Qi yelled, sounding nothing like the young lady she was bred and raised to be.

Xia Meixiang gave a cold smirk, her eyes dangerously narrowed as she stepped closer and closer to Wei Qi Qi. Her aura was unbearably strong, forcing even Wei Qing Che to retreat back a few steps behind his sister. This was the aura of a Inner Martial Scholar, Wei Qi Qi realized. One forged in true essence, and not enhanced by pills and cores. Cold sweat formed on her back.

When she was but a breath from the trembling Wei Qi Qi, she let her eyes flutter to a hooded glower. “Who provoked who, all these years, I’m sure you know.” she murmured under her breath, her voice low enough that only Wei Qi Qi could hear.

When Wei Qi Qi paled, she continued speaking, “You are naturally cunning, this I will give you…. But I am unnaturally sharp.”

Wei Qi Qi’s eyes widened considerably before Xia Meixiang stepped back suddenly and smiled, reigning in her aura. “Since you don’t like me, I won’t bother you any longer. I’ve never been one who starved for affection.”

Tossing that over her shoulder, she departed and the crowd parted for her, leaving the three stooges to roost for themselves.

“Mistress, Guang Ye reported something interesting to nubi.” Xiao Zhong reported shortly after the last class lecture had concluded.

“Speak,” Xia Meixiang sighed after a moment, having run through the first of the breathing exercises that Teacher Nie had imparted.

“Nubi dares not speak it out here in the open… It is better if Mistress reads this herself.” After making sure the area was clear of unwanted attention, Xiao Zhong presented a folded paper to Xia Meixiang, a smile of triumph on her face.

Xia Meixiang opened her eyes and accepted the paper, unfolding it to reveal the hasty words of her subordinate Guang Ye.

Guang Ye was a tentative member of her established faction, the Midnight Fragrance Faction.

His background was too poor and shady in the eyes the gongzi and xiaojie that attended Tianlong Academy, so he was often overlooked by the already established factions of power within the school. However, he was an Early-Stage Martial Soldier at the age of eighteen.

One should know that the Martial Scholar Realm was considered the boundary realm of cultivation. There was no shame in being twenty and still remaining within the Martial Scholar Realm. There were many adults in Fanrong who only made it to the Fourth Qi Realm

It signified that breakthroughs would only grow more difficult from there.

Many students reached the realm and had to be aided to ascending stages by grinding away in the Four Dragons Forest, consuming copious pills and cores, or having monstrous talent. But Guang Ye lacked both powerful backing and unparalleled talent, so that only left grinding away, which could only get him so far. Hence his current level at eighteen, much too mediocre to join a sect, especially given he could not entice them to take him on.

Xia Meixiang’s eyes scanned the note thoroughly.

[The Black River runs through the Eastern Treasure Palace. The Red Rose blooms.]

Xia Meixiang’s eyes flashed and she crumpled the paper in her hand before absorbing it into her Storage Ring.

“You’ve done well for me.” With another wave of her hand, she unfurled a string of common gold coins, five in total. “Deliver this to Guang Ye. Tell him he need not do anything else.”

Xia Meixiang understood that what Guang Ye gave to her was the equivalent of showing her his depth of loyalty.

A child of the streets, he lived near the shady side of town and had connections with those of the darker side of life. He was discrete, efficient and had his own moral code that Xia Meixiang could understand.

“Yes, Mistress.” Xiao Zhong bowed once, before disappearing to deliver the reward.

Closing her eyes once again, Xia Meixiang began to circulate qi throughout her body, slowly filling her dantian. Already her spiritual root was emerging, unearthed by her countless sessions of practice.

Unseen to her, the scale-like birthmark on her forehead gleamed brightly for a moment before returning to its natural state. Under the flow of qi moving around her, the sudden dive in qi density went largely unnoticed.

However, at the center of the academy, in the main building, high in his office, the Headmaster of Tianlong noticed.

The sage-like elder stroked his long white beard, his eyes staring out towards the Guardian Redwood courtyard, a strangely content look crossing his face.

“...So she is beginning to awaken her bloodline…” he murmured, giving a nod of satisfaction. “I’ll have Xiao Hong instruct her more…”

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    ludagad, Alice-sama, Rurin and 4 others like this.
  19. MiyaMira

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the new chapter! Still miffed by the brainless stooges, but hey that means you've mastered the essence of CN novels: annoying antagonist cannon fodders! :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:

Regalia1896 and Elliana like this.
  20. Elliana

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love you !!!!!!!!!!

Regalia1896 likes this.