LCD Transmigrator Meets Reincarnator

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by BlancFrost, Sep 15, 2017.

1. autumnscarf

autumnscarf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like there are multiple parts to this.

One, CL purposely kept her affiliation with Duanjia and the Treasure Pavilion on the downlow to prevent problems.

Two, HCD started trusting her after her trip to the north, so he probably stopped using Senior Servant Zhong to spy on her.

Three, HCD has been really busy since they returned from the north. He hasn't had much opportunity (or reason) to look at the household finances.

Four, HCD has been holding onto a grudge about Sima Hui's gifts, so he probably decided to go out and just buy the most expensive and trendy jewelry pieces in town on instinct. Maybe after looking in CL's jewelry box to make sure she didn't have them already.

Sabruness and juniorjawz like this.
  2. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably, but I still think he needs to know. He doesn't necessarily need someone to spy on her, I mean, it is his finances too. He could just ask. Like I said, I'm used to stories where people own businesses and use them to gain favor with people so for his new official job I think its necessary for him to have an idea of the businesses.

3. autumnscarf

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think CL counts them as his, though. CL and HCD clearly keep separate accounts and currently don't spend much money. Their living expenses are primarily taken care of by House Jing'an because they haven't separated their branches yet, so food, clothing and servant allowance is mostly already prepared for them.

Like, you're right in that HCD -should- know what accounts they have, but HCD and CL are still in a really awkward communicating-but-not-communicating state in their relationship. There is a lot of stuff they haven't hashed out. HCD knows their particular branch is in no danger of going broke between his own income and CL's talent for finances, so he hasn't had much reason or opportunity to investigate.

Once they returned to the capital, HCD was immediately promoted and tossed a bunch of government responsibilities, and both HCD and CL have been occupied with cleaning house rather than cleaning up their finances. I'm sure this stuff will get sorted out soon if for no reason other than because Grandma He asked for Guilin, but I get why HCD doesn't know which pies CL has stuck her fingers in yet.

Sabruness, juniorjawz and nightcore34 like this.
  4. nightcore34

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough, if they keep separate accounts I can understand. Plus he has been busy dealing with Mo cunt and Fuyan.

5. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are they quarrelling ? I forgot...
    Also, am I the only one who think the story is less good since the ml is present ?

tak likes this.
  6. ryosuke08

ryosuke08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't remember exactly, but now part of it is because CL wanted to laugh at the stupidity of XBJ letter and he in all his jealousy and wanting to probe himself that he had the upper hand, burned it down.

Lokumi likes this.
  7. Lokumi

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah thanks :)

8. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember they pretend fight to lure those who wants to bully CL but i don't remember why they fight for real

9. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the cold war is about how HCD burnt the letter from XBJ out of jealousy without checking to see if there was something they could use against XBJ in it.

As for CL's finances, i think she keeps them secret to avoid any potential spies among the servants from leaking her true wealth to the senile old fart and the greedy aunt. Once HCD is a bit more settled, and less Tsun-ish, in the future she'll probably let him in on financial stuff when/if it comes time to separate the households.

10. Matsurika

Matsurika ❀Spring Tune❀『Blue Ashes』

Reading List:
    Link
    I know it's too late to discuss this but I still want to ask >_>
    was anyone other than me put off with how chu lian suddenly fell in love with he sanlang, it feels feels weird

11. nightcore34

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know, CL has never been opposed to marrying him so she had no bad feelings. But I believe it was the trip to the North that really made them fall in love.

12. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly, her attitude at the very beginning was that He Sanlang was a reliable, honorable, good-looking man and that she was almost glad that it was him she'd be married with. Unfortunately Sanlang wasn't cooperating.

I still feel like the obsession is more from Sanlang's side, CL is a bit ... calmer? Sanlang fell for her like the tsun he is and CL, like, eased into the relationship?

Maybe I'm forgetting some things.

13. autumnscarf

Reading List:
    Link
    It's never too late to discuss a story :D

You're not the only one put off by the whole thing. The storyline has mostly been HCD being borderline insane and CL just rolling with things. It's hard to see the actual attraction in their relationship. It seems like almost every time HCD expresses his attraction to CL it's him forcing himself on her, or him being weird and possessive about her spending time with others. And CL never takes the initiative with their relationship so it gives the impression she's not really that into him.

Matsurika and ryosuke08 like this.
  14. nightcore34

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't say you're forgetting things since this is what I know too. She wasn't wildly excited about marrying him since he is literally just a character in a book for her and it's the first time they had met, but she was totally fine with it too.

I think his previous life naturally has an affect. He should have loved CL in the previous life and his only issue in this life was "will she betray me again", which if CL was still the same (and did not reincarnate) is what would happen since only he would have gone back in time. Since he has tried to trust CL and has noticed differences between the evil CL and this 'new' CL he must have judged it fine for him to fall in love with her.

Don't forget, as far as we know CL has never gone through massive trust issues like HCD did so when CL loves someone its just a normal love but when HCD loves someone he has to be worried all the time. It would be strange if going through that betrayal didn't make him jealous or possessive.

15. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like they are a horny male teenager and a shy girl. Kinda. What I think: CL didn't actually fall in love yet. That's in line with her train of thought when she transmigrated at the start. She's more ... calculated?

Yeah good point. I wonder how the author will frame HS's obsessive behavior later on. Maybe he's just a typical Chinese ML ...

16. Lokumi

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm considering dropping this novel, starting to get boring..

17. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the soup all along.

SOOOOOOUP! :blob_coughblood:

18. ryosuke08

ryosuke08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We're nearly 100 chapters away being that it's mostly 1 per day and sometimes 2-3 in special patronized occasions I'd say that it'll end in around 3-4 months... believe me, this is boring, but at least is not trash level mc that goes fighting against everything that cuts its path for money/cultivation or because his commoner life inferior of that of a noble...

19. Lokumi

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh so soon, I though there would be more. I guess I'll stick around.

20. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but someone step on the MC shoes. He should be allowed to kill that person. His entire family and their clan.