Question True Martial World changed

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by DiabolicGod, Aug 26, 2019.

1. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This has been bugging me the past hour, because I am rereading TMW, since I didnt finish it the first time around.
    I read TMW back when it was still being translated on gravity tales.
    Some spoilers below
    Back then, iirc (and I feel so sure), some things happened different from the way I am reading them now.
    I remember the arc of Yi Yun getting captured and escaping from Shentu Nantian slightly differently and the God's Advent Tower part with the Bloodmoon Yin specter also is different from my memory.
    Normally I have a pretty good memory concerning things like this, but now that I am rereading the full epub of tmw from qidian, it seems like it was changed a bit on multiple parts compared to back on gravity tales.

So, does anyone know why this is? Assuming this isnt just a case of me not recalling things correctly.
    If you are 100% sure that nothing changed (like it being edited/censored/retranslated after the QI take-over), also say so.
    Thanks

Edit: Either my memories have really changed over the years, or the author/translator/editor changed a few things. The thing with Qin Haotian in the Tai Ah Divine City is too extreme a change to occur only due to QI wanting to keep chapters in uniform length. And I remember the MC fleeing from Shentu Nantian after he was captured, nit just calmly going away with the shepherd boy like now.@CKtalon_TMW any info would be appreciated

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I sure it was when they moves it to qidian they limited the word count per page.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  3. DiabolicGod

Reading List:
    Link
    Meaning that they would edit a bit, probably explaining this.
    The changes arent big and pretty much everything is the same as I remember, but you know that feeling of dissonance when small parts dont fit, like when in a song the background sound is slightly different? That is what I feel

4. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    This always struck me as odd since they charge by word count. And its not like they give a shit about people's budget.

5. DiabolicGod

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it isbecause they charge per chapter and wordcount? So if a chapter has for example 1500 words it would be 0,03$ and if it was 2000 words 0,04$. So they may just try to make chapters be just above the limit to charge more.

But this is just me guessing, I have no idea tbh

6. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    yea like someone moved your bedroom around while your at school and comeback to something they makes you feel uncomfortable.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  7. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    it is odd, but they still need want to limit word count so that it doesn't go over a certain amount. from what I have seen they don't just charge by word count they might have another system for it too. Ive noticed inconsistencies in their chapters.

8. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just ask @CKtalon_TMW ... if he’s still alive, he’d know.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  9. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh are you sure it's worth reareading? Sure it's an above average xianxia and in the beginning it was much better but...

10. DiabolicGod

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, Im already at 544
    I stopped the last time at around 700 something chapters and am still baffled that qin haotian (in this version) didnt appear even once yet. Iirc he definitely met an even sparred with yi yun while stillin the divine tai ah city in the original translation

If it still isnt capable of keeping my attention this time around, I will, of course, drop it completely.

11. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I got much further, it gets a bit boring and cultivation apparently has no standard. Yi Yun just pulls stuff out of his ass and it is unkown where he stands in cultivation levels or others much. MW is better.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  12. DiabolicGod

Reading List:
    Link
    And in this version he is only being used as an example, with no interaction whatsoever

Yeah, I feel that's true too. I got to 7xx last time, but I had some spoilers about the later chapters where he is in the empyrean heavens and everything.
    Tbh, I would rate tmw a solid 4/5 for the first part (~350) then 3/5 for the part I am reading now, and some part I saw even further in would be 2/5, even though I didnt read too much because I had dropped it

Jojo775 likes this.
  13. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this butterfly theory? :blobpeek: