LCD True Martial World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Evilnemesis7, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    It is exactly what you said: bad writing. She is just a plot device. She will probably try to have YY killed to hide info on the map and yadda yadda. But he still saved her, even if not on purpose. What would she have done if he didn’t kill Cang Mu? If she was that desperate, she would be just a sex slave and he would even benefit from her bloodline. She does owe YY a lot, even if she refuses to see that.

But why does she even exists? To get to the hidden area YY could just follow the flow of energy with the PC and run into GM, it was already set up that something special is happening in the mines, no need to add her into the story to have YY go to a hidden place. And she is from a Fey Emperor faction? Hmm...

Maybe this will be a set up for YY to ally with another faction. He does need more info, resources and some backing, and he does have a Fey God bloodline on him. If her master recognizes his bloodline as being strong and invites him to the faction then this twist involving the girl would make more sense. If that happens to be the case, I would take back all I said before. But then again, this is CC. We can never know what he will do, and I don’t mean that in a good way. Well, for most of the time anyway.

2. force544

force544 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeh won't be as bad if that happens but it would of been better to foreshadow the map / location / the fight between the fey team and ghost forces when they were in the mining city, so that when he notices the oddity with the slave it would of made more sense and tied in better, he could of still joined their forces after.

3. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. But this is the same as I said when came the ‘twist’ about Old Snake being GM Dragon Emperor. The clues and foreshadowing did not add up at all. Either CC flopped in the execution on he didn’t plan this at all, which I think is the case here. He changed his mind about some future plot point and did this to lead to it.

4. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s no way the descendent or disciple of a true divinity equivalent was sold as a sex slave to some random guy

5. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sure there could be-the true divinity is dead/missing/uncaring and the disciple was incompetent/ambushed. Or they're plotting something and are willing to accept the risks/humiliation that comes with what happened

6. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still trying to figure out why we think Godly Monarch = True Divinity. There is nothing I have seen that suggests this. As I said in an earlier post, Godly Monarchs are still subject to the heavenly dao, True Gods are not.

7. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    While I didn't see the original message, apparently the author confirmed godly monarch=true divinity at some point outside of the story in a post somewhere. I doubt they are truly the equal of the true divinities of MW since they seem much weaker, but they are supposed to be the equivalent level

8. Dragonking360

Dragonking360 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the wiki on marital world real quick but true divinities are equal to the heavenly dao, they only truly surpass the heavenly dao at beyond true divinity. Plus we have yet to see a true uninjured godly monarch take action in the story. The only ones we've seen not in flashback became "equal to a flawed heavenly dao" or are injured from past battles. Its hard to really judge what they can really do at this point.

9. REDIV

REDIV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter what anyone says I'm still not convinced that GM = TD,I mean they work at mines,MINES for god sake,no matter how important the mine is,if a TD lays down an encampment,unless the MC shows up ain't nobody in the entire verse going to show up and touch the mine but here we have one working in a mine?
    These are the guys who are in the same cultivation realm as Good fortune sovereign and soul emperor? I'm finding it hard to believe

10. Dragonking360

Dragonking360 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you do you, i guess

11. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    So, the girl still tries to goad YY. Now she says that if YY takes her to her Young Master or whatever, he will be heavily rewarded (if she is a SERVANT and is a DL equivalent, this young master would be a GM? I mean, fuck, amazing how these things work, no matter how strong you are you will always be a young master...). YY places a mark on her because he still doesn't trust her, climbs on a shuttle (which is supposed to be suicide due to the many traps and danger on the mines) and speeds away into the sunset while the credits roll.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  12. nobody can know

nobody can know New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He shouldn't be GM, we can think like Bai Shanhe.

13. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Beyond true divinity young master. Immortal young master. 50 billion years old young master

14. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't that ridiculous? It always annoyed the shit out of me. I mean, when YY was at Dao Palace (but with the power of a Supremacy), people were already calling him 'senior'. Now he is the younger generation all over again, even if he is a DL. WTF people. I mean, even DL should be considered senior generation in the Chaos Heavens, since GMs are supposed to be True Divinities. I don't remember Empyrean Primordius ever being called "Young Master". Seriously, why do CNs always do this shit? There should be a line, and when you are above it you are a senior, no matter your age.

If we do the math, we've had what, 10 cultivation realms? Mortal Blood, Purple Blood, Yuan Foundation, Dao Seed, Yuan Opening, Heaven Ascension, Dao Manifestation, Dao Palace, Supremacy, Divine Lord, Godly Monarch. 11 realms to be precise. No matter how I see it, a guy at Divine Lord realm can NEVER be called a Young Master. He is at the tenth realm out of ELEVEN. Damn I hate when this happens, it feels so recycled and uncreative.Plus it makes no sense.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Someguy666 likes this.
  15. REDIV

REDIV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Understanding retardation is really hard,trust me I tried since the moment guys said GM = TD

blablabla12 likes this.
  16. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it was CKTalon that told us that, and it was apparently confirmed by CC. Any complaints you have about the power shown feeling underwhelming can only be pointed to the author. We do nothing but speculate with the info we have.

17. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see "young master" being acceptable in a few cases even when the "young master" is very powerful or high up in the power scaling-when they are the child of the leader of a faction, by social status they could be considered the young lord/master of the faction if they are "comparatively" young for their power level. I think they should/would still be called senior by those younger than them or weaker than them though, and it can end with silly things like people who are older but look young again because of their power level calling those that look older than them young master if they have a higher social status in the same faction

18. CKtalon_TMW

CKtalon_TMW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget that in TMW, people at a realm beneath that particular realm cannot figure out what realm the person is. This has been the case from the beginning, when Yi Yun couldn't tell the realms of who he was facing. He basically had to guess that it was roughly X. Realms were also unknown to him until he came close to that. Now put these people in the same shoes as him back then, they won't know how old or powerful Yi Yun is. They just know that he's very powerful and likely senior.

It's also a perspective thing. A mortal will think a Yuan Foundation realm person is a god already. As you go to different areas where the baseline is different, what people consider seniority also changes. If everyone can easily reach the Dao Palace realm there, how is that anything special for you to call someone a senior?

A lot of you are stuck with the notion that True Divinities are really powerful because of MW and where you guys are at in the translations. By the end of MW, TDs increased in numbers because of Lin Ming's actions. And that happened in just several thousand years. We are now in a multiverse billions of years after the end of MW. How many TDs can be produced over in that period of time JUST in the 33 Heavens/Skies?

Liron likes this.
  19. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @CKtalon_TMW while it is completely understandable that once Lin Ming became the ultimate victor of the 3.6 billion year tribulation the universes/macrocosms would only proceed forward given the state they were in previously and the stability that would come with the Human Emperor's reign, it really seems like cultivation is watered down in the present. Most of the True Divinities we see in MW practice at least 2 of their races' 3 big systems. (Body, soul, energy) In TMW from what we've been shown this is now the exception and not the rule. Why have we seen no human character using the Dao Palace & Gate body cultivation system? Why has the Divine Dream Soul Art not spread? Other than Lin Xintong lucking out and getting a god tier soul technique, have we seen even the most rudimentary soul defense or battle spirit at all in a universe where LM built cultivation?
    I have a lot more questions, but I doubt I'll ever get answers.

20. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I think what’ll help is if you let us know how rare people who are comparable to beyond divinity are. Is Lin Ming the only one? Are there several of them? Does every faction with godly monarchs as elders have one? How strong are the average beyond divinities compared to Lin Ming?