Question True Martial World (Closed)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by TagDaReaper, Nov 13, 2018.

1. TagDaReaper

TagDaReaper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been ages since i last read TMW. I started reading it when it was first being translated.
    I stopped reading it on the chapter when it was found that MC's sister was of another race.
    I don't like when MC's family relatives or people close to him are held hostage.

I recently decided to restart the novel.
    I would like to ask how does that situation got resolved. If the resolution wasn't too long then i might be able to persevere through it.
    Last I read the bigshot from headquaters had found about the sister.

2. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    It got solved quickly. A spy of the desolate race helped her escape. YY makes an enmity that lasts 200 chapters.

Sin likes this.
  3. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    She became an afterthought, quite irrelevant to the story.

HondaFit, Sin and Basara like this.
  4. Mazino

Mazino The final chapter.

Reading List:
    Link
    save yourself from any misery and don't touch this story, ever, or at the very least till its completed. Hours of time wasted on slow progress and more filler than plastic surgeons warehouse. Yi yun is all but fuck all run, hide powerup, steal treasure groundhog pirate man for a thousand chapters. Even till this day CC waterboards you with 50 useless chapters for one good one. Save yourself the pain and run away from this atrocity.

5. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    It's still a fine binge read I'd say, but that's probably because I'm a sucker for underestimated protagonist trope no matter how many times it gets used. And the pace isn't too slow, there's already vague sight of the ending and Yi Yun cultivates fairly fast.

But yeah once you catch up to the latest chapter it's pretty painful. At least Martial World had more interesting love interests and recurring characters, TMW really takes the rinse and repeat formula to the next level with pretty much everyone but the MC being a temporary actor who'll be cast off in 50 chapters or less.

6. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have small spoilerish question
    When FL come back after she got lost in space (first time they leave a planet)

7. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    Around chapter 1550 or so

8. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not yet. And I lost faith after we find out who she's training under now. It gives me some bad, forced angst vibes.

9. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    Not yet? I'm guessing you haven't read up to latest chapter?

10. Narr-master

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, stopped like 150-200? chapter ago? maybe less dunno

11. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Why tf I always meet familiar user around TMW threads? :blobsleepless::blobsleepless:

12. Narr-master

Reading List:
    Link
    Just skimmed 1550 just now. Yeah, misa don't like.

13. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with everyone that is telling you to wait until it's over. Things get dragged out way too much in the story. It's not bad when you can binge it, but it's painful when you try to read it day to day. It takes weeks to get the momentum back up after the writer grinds it to a halt.

I hate how inconsistent Yi Yun's techniques are:
    Starts training in sword and saber. Then drops saber but that gets explained away by opposites helping him reach the peak in sword. Still what about his golden crow totem/spirit animal. Or his nine headed beast totem, that's supposed to be growing as a part of him. Don't think we've heard from those things in at least eight hundred chapters. And I have no idea how powerful he is in comparison to everyone else. Because the writer keeps powering him down then powering him up and waiting forever to get him into a battle either way.

Wait to read. Or drop it for months so you can binge it.

14. Sin

Sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless you are fine paying or using free qidan currency, might just want to avoid going back to it. They stop making the chapters public once a certain amount of chapters have been met based on the size of the novel or at least that's what I've seen.

15. HondaFit

HondaFit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's brilliant in parts and fillery in parts. It's like "Dragon Ball Z". You have to skip around to get the good parts but the good parts are really good. I could read the beginning over and over. From re-birth till about the time he goes to school. Then skip a couple hundred chapters till he catches up with the old man and future wife for some more face slapping. I stopped reading about chapter 1200 or so. What I was getting out wasn't enough. It's a problem I have in general with Chinese fiction, once the MC gets too strong, the tension winds down too.

I'll probably never finish it.

16. TagDaReaper

TagDaReaper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks everyone.