Discussion True Reverse Harems

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by pocketbear, Jul 19, 2016.

?

Would you ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻ if you came across a True Reverse Harem ending?

1. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

28.9%
  2. ┬─┬ノ(ಠ_ಠノ)

15.6%
  3. (╯°□°)╯︵ (\ . 0 .)\

55.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I realized there is talk every now and then about "True Harems" (Where every girl accepts that they share the MC between the entire harem basically) and from what I gather, a lot of guys seem to really like Harems and True Harems because it is the "Male Romance." But what about "True Reverse Harems?"

Do you think you would like to see a True Reverse Harem? (And seriously if you don't like Reverse Harems in the first place then obviously you are in the wrong place brother). Have you every come across such a situation in a manga or novel? Would such an ending leave you satisfied, if the MC never really chose a guy, especially if you had a guy you were rooting for to get together with MC? Is the openness thrilling?

Personally, I can't say I have every seen an ending with a True Reverse Harem...just Open Endings which leave me bitter. At least True Reverse Harem there is acceptance and a decision, yea? Choosing all is still a choice! (ఠ్ఠ ˓̭ ఠ్ఠ)

Hehe it's been a while since I made a thread ٩(•̤̀ᵕ•̤́๑)ᵒᵏᵎᵎᵎᵎ

Chiaroscuro and Readingaddict36 like this.
  2. Mookey

Mookey Notice me senpai~~~ >_<!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Bakarina...
    True reverse harem (not really intentional though) with males and females.

ReaderReader and pocketbear like this.
  3. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    IS THAT GANGBANG STYLE?
    [​IMG]

4. babbo3d

babbo3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if i want to drown in a sea of lolis, why can't a girl be surrounded by guys, to each his own as long as the members are okay what is it to you to meddle in there business, btw i like stunning edge.

5. thechaptermonster

thechaptermonster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't a "true" reverse harem just a story about an ordinary highly attractive girl? Why not just go talk to a pretty girl and ask her about her life? Or even better, apply to join her harem so you can better understand it's workings as an actually participant.

6. TokenZero

TokenZero Mystic Sanctuary: Divine Fairy

Reading List:
    Link
    I think double standards would make that impossible with seeing the girl as being extremely loose. Like its fine with Harem because you can have as many kids as you want to with all of them but with Reverse Harem it would just be kinda awkward since if you wanted children then you'd have to wait quite a bit if that makes since

7. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not even sure what the choices at the top mean....lol
    As for True reverse harem manga/novel/anime..i haven't really seen any of them. There's only open ended false reverse harems.

Edit
    I dont mind reading it true/false harem or true/false reverse harem :p only thing i won't read is yuri or shoujo ai.
    I think there's one that's starting up tho and there was another that was kinda started but went inactive...Idk if there's more...
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/...uses-the-world-all-seven-husbands-are-devils/
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/hunting-for-beautiful-men-a-journey-through-time/

Edit:
    I just remember that this 'might' be a reverse harem..im not entirely sure as i haven't started it yet...there's a harem tag but the MC is female so like..
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-tale-of-two-phoenixes/

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    ludagad and pocketbear like this.
  8. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Down with the patriarchy! We need more reverse harems! (especially ones with cute guys)

9. Astarte677

Astarte677 POHHHTAAAAHHHTUUUU

Reading List:
    Link
    This would kill the romance...

DeadlyBell likes this.
  10. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    i think that's more like a false reverse harem..its implied but also very open ended IMO. They are aware of each other [except the MC] but a true harem is IMO defined as having sexual relations with multiple partners. False harem is just them liking/loving and hanging around but nothing much beyond that.

sets_trans likes this.
  11. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind... but the counterparts must all be traps....(drooling.)

Suikeina likes this.
  12. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    The concept of reverse harem is stupid, its just a harem centered around a girl!

13. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess thinking about this more, it would be like playing an Otome or Dating Sim and going for the harem route, where you get all the targets to love you and then game over, but in those games they don't really know about the other characters usually.... hmmmm

sets_trans likes this.
  14. thechaptermonster

thechaptermonster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about a truly "loose" story about polyamoury. Where people are free to love, and sleep with who ever they want even if these interests or partnerships overlap?

15. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Like harem, where's my romance dose?

16. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, perhaps it is stupid. I find Harem stupid too, when done poorly, but a good harem, reverse or no... eh, it is entertaining~

sets_trans and barashkafromro like this.
  17. DeadlyBell

DeadlyBell Sleepy

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't like harems or reverse harems, only a few series I ever read that had them featured that I actually liked due to how they did it (such as mushoku tensei)

I will normally tolerate them in series but it gets annoying after a while.

why? cause most of the time it cheapens the feelings and emotions between the love interests.....

kainee, Greyrat and pocketbear like this.
  18. shianthiestrada

shianthiestrada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It'd be something interesting if it were like wuxia/xianxia novels where is normal to have a harem and the girls have to accept it. I would really like to see a crazy world that could accept a girl having more than one husband or a badass girl like catherine the great forcing them to submission in a world that doesn't accept harem

barashkafromro and pocketbear like this.
  19. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds interesting, but like stated earlier...wouldn't the girl mc just look like a loose woman? Damn societal ideals ;A; I want a dream~

20. admira

admira Dino Pirate

Reading List:
    Link
    ANARCHY IN NUF! LET THE REVERSE HAREMS RISE!!!!

...that said, I have never come across a "true" reverse harem where the relationship has become physical. Cheap shoujo manga where the "damsel" is fought over by some supposedly stunningly attractive guys, yeah. But never anything more mature than that, since most mature females probably wouldn't even consider it a possibility (open relationships aside, where both parties get to sleep around).

To be honest, it wouldn't be a table-flip for me, but I think it's just as unlikely as a "true harem."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.