Trying with the program to read from Ridi

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by annahack, Jul 12, 2019.

1. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to copy it and it worked but after that it’s said
    “ The number of shareable characters exceeded within 24 hours “
    :facepalm:

2. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    You can screenshot it but copy is easy ..

3. ketchupblood

ketchupblood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I'm an idiot, I bought an ebook from ridibooks but I couldn't figure out how to get the epub (it only opens in app). Can someone help me with that? I looked in the App data but I could only find an empty folder

4. KameChii

KameChii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am using an iphone, and what I did was screenshot the pages and use a photo translator. It worked and I managed to finish one novel

hikawa and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  5. clickwe

clickwe New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The eupb file exported from ridibooks can't be opened at all, is there any way?

AnniePoo likes this.
  6. SteepingCat

SteepingCat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's most likely locked with a DRM. How do you export the epub file from Ridibooks though? No matter what I tried the only way to read the book I bought is by downloading the ridibooks app and reading from there. Even if it says on my account I bought an epub file, I can't download the file directly.

Does Ridi have a web viewer? How do you open books in Chrome?

AnniePoo likes this.
  7. _J_

_J_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can’t open books in chrome. It only valid for ongoing novels. I can open chapters in chrome. But I searched before how can i do the same thing for completed books. You can follow the instructions below. I hope it will help you.

AnniePoo likes this.
  8. SteepingCat

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I tried the share (공유) option but after like 3 pages I reach the limit for 24h.

There seems to be a way to get the unlocked epub files if you are on MacOS, according to a post on another thread. I'm too noob to post links but: /threads/ive-become-the-villanous-emperor-of-a-novel.110194/page-3#post-5843377
    I couldn't get it to work with the beta version of the Ridibooks reader app for MacOS. If anyone still have the non beta version running on their Mac ... :blobangel:

AnniePoo likes this.
  9. rigelbreeze

rigelbreeze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you need to download their app. sign in and the books that you've bought will be automatically downloaded

10. rayofsunshine

rayofsunshine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I just found a solution for those who are trying to TL on PC. These are the steps that I took and hope it helps everyone!! >.<
    1. Download Android emulator. This is gonna be a bit pain in the a**.
    - Download Android Studio (used to program android applications) and set up AVD aka Android Emulator (if you're interested, pls let me know so I can make a tutorial video about this).
    2. Download Ridibooks apk their download website. The one on the very right under mobile.
    3. Drag that APK into your emulator to install the app.
    4. Download api for Copy Text On Screen app and do the same step as Ridibooks app.
    5. Take screenshot of your emulator and import into the Copy Text On Sreen app.
    6. Choose language of the screenshot and voila, the Copy Text On Screen app will produce the text version for ya.
    Very complicated process lol.

11. rayofsunshine

rayofsunshine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I just realized that the Copy Text On Screen only allows 4 usages per day and you have to pay but there are other websites that can convert text from images so that should be better.

12. SteepingCat

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been settling for something similar on PC:
    • take screenshots of the ebook pages from the app*
    • combine all the pictures of pages in a pdf file (I'm doing a file per chapter)
    • upload the pdf on google drive
    • from google drive, open in google sheets: this runs google OCR and converts the images to text
    • (optional) review the punctuation (because I'm nitpicking on dialogs)
    • copy/paste in Papago (5000 characters max at a time)
    * There is a trick with screenshots. The Ridibook PC app is smart and when you use a screenshot app it just captures a black square. What I do is I record my screen through the graphic card (you can use Geforce Experience if you have an Nvidia), go through the chapter on the Ridibook app fullscreen, and then I take screenshots of the video I captured.

13. overtanned

overtanned Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've tried this method and indeed this is the best method. Succeed using Riberty Beta version and following the tutorial

14. Mewrei

Mewrei Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea if this problem has already been solved or not (but here is my answer anyways ), once you export the epub file(either via an emulator if your on pc or if you have a phone.) go to this website: https://document.online-convert.com/convert/epub-to-docx then under ¨optional settings" select ¨ use optical character recognition¨
    then under that just set all the source languages to korean. from there you can copy the text and put it into google translate

SweetJessie22 likes this.
  15. Pay

Pay New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m so stupid and I don’t know how to export equb from app....Plz help ....

Ilana and Pocket like this.
  16. SteepingCat

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not stupid, you can only export epubs from Ridibook app on Mac OS with the trick posted here. If you're using the app on Android, iPhone or Windows I don't think there is any way to extract the epubs.

pixelita and AnniePoo like this.
  17. SkyeAether

SkyeAether Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if this will be helpful. I am using my android and Windows so these are the method when I am translating something from Ridibooks:

1. You should have the ridibooks app then use the highlight the text [though it is limited with 1,000 characters in each copy paste] then click on the 공유 option.
    2. When you are already limited [saying you can only copy again after 24 hours] the next option you can do is click again the 공유 then choose the Image not the text option. [A little pesky but if you have patience then that's the best option you can do]
    3. When you choose the image option, open your Google Drive then put the images in one folder.
    4. To get the text from the images [this is where OCR( Optical Character Recognition) ] , right click on it then choose Google Docs.

If you are really good in stitching images, I suggest you watch this to familiarize yourself

18. jellyka

jellyka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is really helpful. Thanks for sharing!

19. Thev_Girl5994

Thev_Girl5994 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While you can't copy and paste the text, the Edge browser will translate the text for you. I link the Edge translation better than Google's.

20. SkyeAether

SkyeAether Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I have finally found the biggest solution for all of you. This is how I do with my handled novels [ Yes I do translate novels and let me know which one should I pick up]
    Anyway, here goes my long explanation so do bear with it a bit

In getting raw,

If it's by chapter and if you see the chapter available in KKP
    KKP> Ridibooks

In KKP I couldn't buy coins since I need to verify myself but the best thing about KKP is that a lot of novels are available if you wait 12 hours or 24 hours in daily basis.

In Ridibooks, there are some novels mostly you can see the free pass when you wait when it is released by chapter instead of volume. The good thing about Ridibooks is that you are capable to use your bank account on their website and you can read R-19 novels if you give them the right amount of proof that you are past 18 years old.

If it is by chapter that is only available in Ridibooks, you can actually use your normal snipping tool in getting the raws both in computer and phone [use your browser instead of the app].

If you have bought a novel in Ridibooks, and you've been redirected in Ridibooks App in PC, highlight the text in the novel and then right click then you will see 메모 추가 and 삭제 , click on the 메모 추가 then use your normal snipping tool in your PC.
    note that 메모 추가 = add a note/ note list
    while 삭제 is for removing your highlighted note.

So that's it for Ridibooks, as for KKP, do message me here