LCD Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Much Much mrm

Much Much mrm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get that orders from Tomoki override all and any thing of help to him will be of high priority. But there really isn't a limit to any emotions. For example those charmed could keep getting charmed all the while losing common sense. To the point of them not even breathing unless Tomoki breathes or beyond that, to the point of not breathing at-all until told to.

2. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    That goes against rule number two, if they die from not breathing they can't die in his service. Tomoki is more important than their lives, but tossing their lives away, without gaining a benefit for Tomoki isn't an option.

3. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    The only reason they keep thinking that is because they still have a mind on their shoulders but what I meant is beyond that, beyond thinking and worrying about what might please Tomoki. To the point of not understanding the emotions driven by the need to serve Tomoki, to the point of only moving at his will. More like a golem

4. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    They were only like that while actively following an order, 'be the scenery, flirt with this noble, sell your charm to Raidou so he'll trade' commands like these can leave them blank for long periods of time, but if he doesn't give such orders, they will just fawn over him and try to anticipate his needs.

5. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Proof strong-willed people were still strong-willed and intelligent when under Charm, and even never being around Tomoki, left some of them relatively mindless.

Paps likes this.
  6. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    She isn't as intelligent as she use to be. Can't really call a move that would screw her 'intelligent'. Also all charmed are strong willed, at-least when it comes to matters regarding Tomoki.

Maybe she has some tricks up her sleeve. Since attacking that hotel would only draw troops from Naoi, Osakabe and the hotel. Regardless of what trump card she may have, after the night, she won't have any presence in Lorel, so she's either resolved herself to die or flee at the last second. But still... I don't think Tomoki would share his beat down to anyone except Lily and I doubt Haruka would gain that information, the most she would receive would be that Tomoki does not have a good impression of Makoto if she investigated. If she found out Tomoki considers Makoto an enemy then this information would only come from Lily which would mean, Lily might look for an opening here in the chaos or she just wanted to cause chaos for fun. If Lily is behind this, then I called it!

For Iroha's mother to go this far to kill someone Tomoki finds an eyesore makes me wonder what actions she would take if Makoto were an enemy of Tomoki.

Hokoga, Paps and Anonymousbb like this.
  7. Anonymousbb

Anonymousbb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'm hoping Iroha's mother isn't at the point where the charm is irreversible and she can be cured. Hopefully without her becoming depressed (or suicidal or something) over what she did while charmed.

8. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    IF SHE HAVENT DONE ANYTHING MAJOR THAT COUNTER HER MORALS I THINK SHE CAN STILL BE SAVED

Paps likes this.
  9. Anonymousbb

Anonymousbb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, from what we've heard so far I think she might have done those things, but I don't think any are 'beyond repair' yet.

Her husband, while ill because she's been poisoning him, isn't dead. If she isn't too late to save, her family members she's also introduced the charm to shouldn't be too late either (assuming they haven't killed people or done other things 'for Tomoki' while charmed that they would really regret). She's been working with someone who apparently has the opposite ideas for Lorel, but nothing concrete has come from it (yet). In her charmed state I don't know how deeply she even cares for Lorel; if it's found out she led an army to kill a very high ranking guest of the Union, it's quite likely she wouldn't have a place there any more anyway (especially if her defense was 'it was for Tomoki'). While she's been neglecting Iroha while charmed, she hasn't managed to actually harm her.

It would depend on what other possibly despicable actions she took, or exactly how hard it would be on her knowing all the things she did that 'almost could have ended super terribly', and if she can realize it wasn't really her fault.

Paps likes this.
  10. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well she is intelligent enough to prepare an assault unit against the Kuzonoha, but reason has already leaved her mind a long time ago, enough to foresse the consewuences of such an illplanned atempt. I don't believe that she has been able to think beyond "eliminating Tomoki enemy" I think that if her investigation came across how Tomoki and Makoto meet (leaving the absurd beating outside) then her mind would understand the fact that Tomoki doesn't like him as an unforgivible enemy.
    Well I think that what she has done is already beyond repair, if I understood well the last chapter where she was poisining her husband, but given the fact that Iroha is involved and that she is possible in Makoto good side giving the fact that he has shown weakness to Lolis her excistence will be the factor to decide her fate. What fate will be is completely in the hands of Makoto though.

11. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Makoto might have said that he "saved" the mind controlled girls by killing them as opposed to just fixing their brainwashing. However, that is just his own personal opinion. He has doesn't have a lot of attachment to his life so he'd be quicker to throw it away than other people. Plus, it could be just self-justification.

There are plenty of people that have done, or been forced to do, bad things. In stories with strong-willed characters, suicide is pretty rare.

CockyBrat likes this.
  12. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a matter of priorities, it's stupid from "revolution in the shadows" perspective, but this raid is planned beforehand by her. She has some goal she will accomplish, probably for Tomoki, by causing all this mess. Maybe Grittonia will have to step in to quell the rioting.
    She waited for a time that Makoto wouldn't be there, my guess is that she is planning to take Iroha, maybe as a hostage, or maybe it's about that family weapon she carries, could even be as a show of carnage when Kuzunoha returns from the Labyrinth to find all the Osakabe retainers dead.
    The three shadowless were without reason, Haruka on the other hand has some reason to attack now, while Raidou is away, she planned something that will hurt Raidou and help Tomoki, could just be to terrorize Kannaoi, but I doubt it.
    It was probably just about avoiding the hassle, only Kuzunoha even understands the level of mental damage these people would have suffered, so saving them from the Charm would mean he would have to watch them from now on, until they recover. Not doing so means they are likely to kill themselves, just quicker to kill them now, rather than watch them fall apart and kill themselves.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Paps and Anonymousbb like this.
  13. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't really see this as something properly planned. If she knows Makoto is still in the labyrinth and still attacks the hotel, then she's more stupid than I thought.

Whether it's to capture her own daughter Iroha or kill her, the chances of her succeeding would only decrease the more time passes as more and more troops arrive and not to mention if she succeeded, she would need to flee the country unless she wanted to face execution or imprisonment.

This move she's made pretty much makes her useless as a pawn in Lorel, either she mindlessly did so or she's part of a larger plan by Lily.

If she desired an item so desperately she would have made a sure move a long time ago.

Kannaoi is the only place right now that is in chaos, Gritonia could only step in if the whole country was a mess. No-one could refute them if they claimed it was to was to quell the 'civil war' and say that they cannot entrust their backs to such a country.

14. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not stupid and it's not Lily, so she has some objective that is more important than Kougetsu's plans, or the image of the Osakabe. Perhaps she knows about Iroha's extraordinary luck, that sword could have some very important function, or she is being a terrorist to gain something for Tomoki. A less intelligent "doll" would have attacked at the same time as the Shadowless did, back before Makoto made it to Kannaoi, a pawn of Lily wouldn't be attacking Makoto at all, they would be gathering info and DNA..

15. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    As I've said, her life in Lorel is over and the Osakabe household although Sairitz doesn't think of the latter as such. Haruka's only options would be to flee or die, although her chances of escape would be slim unless she teleport-ed away.

If she is there to obtain an item, then the effort she's put in now shows how desperate she is and it would have made sense to retrieve it much earlier.

With their information network in their own city, if they became serious, they could have captured or killed Iroha any time before she went inside the hotel, since clearly Kougetsu is only concerned about information flowing outwards towards Naoi, rather than dirty rumors that would arise from within their own city should he have made Iroha's capture more brutal.

If the item she seeks is the sword that is effective against dragons then her move of attacking the hotel would not make sense, how would she even know Makoto never took it with him? Unless there was a traitor... but that would be impossible since either of retainers could kidnap Iroha and this raid could be avoided. The hotel staff might have seen the sword but unless they knew what the sword was or had a nose like a dragon for treasure, the wouldn't pay it any attention.

Following those myths/stories should lead her to the dwarve village or using other networks and attacking that dwarve village would have made sense and would not have impacted her and the Osakabe household as much as this raid.

Clearly whatever she seeks to obtain from this, is greater than 'her' plans of increasing her influence in Lorel for Tomoki and Since she isn't there for an item or Makoto, then Iroha would be her target. I don't know what she intends to do with Iroha but I don't think she's stupid enough to believe she would be able to use Iroha, her own daughter to get Makoto's head. Her only option would be to flee with Iroha and since she would thinking Kougetsu would be helping her, this raid of hers already failed since Kougetsu is arming his troops against her.

16. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    There is another option and this will likely happen and it all depends on Iroha and the things Haruka did during her charmed state.. Makoto will dispel her charmed state and will help the Osakabe household i.e Haruka to plea to Sairitz.. As Sairitz don't have to displease Makoto in anyway she will agree but with conditions just like what happened to Lime.. but if somehow they have injured any of the people in the circle of Makoto, well there goes that.. DEATH TO ALL

17. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    If she's a warrior, the dragon slaying sword may have called her over, but maybe Iroha's sword has special features that only unlock under special circumstances. She may have also found in her research, that Makoto's power is affected by the phases of the moon, who knows. What we do know is that Tomoki made his preferences for women widely know, he was obviously interested in acquiring Kuzunoha's Tomoe, and after Makoto's visit to Grittonia he began to seclude himself suspiciously.

18. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    If she's screwing her city and people over some voice in her head (sword), I think she's beyond saving.

He's made his love for women widely know but not his preferences, Makoto was the one who saw his harem and even he thought Tomoki has no preference, especially that time he thought Tomoki would try to charm that slime lady.

I don't know what kind of information network they would use but the most they will find out is that Tomoki requested both Tomoe and Shiki and that shorty after he secluded himself whilst Kuzunoha were present.

I think Hibiki may have gotten that information and thought that Makoto and Tomoki had a fight to test their strengths, which would explain why she asked Makoto about Tomoki's combat abilities, when she's the one who's met him more times. But still... if Hibiki had information about Tomoki still gunning for Makoto, why would she not share it even though she knows both her and Tomoki stand no chance against Makoto. And if information like that was known by so many, it would have reached Makoto through Rembrandt or that merchant in Rotsgard.

Now with 3 of Tomoki's shields... ahem, companions are gone, Lily would think Hibiki now holds the advantage in a fight, since she doesn't know what trump card Hibiki received like Tomoki. It wouldn't be beyond her to act now against Makoto but I believe she is the one to confirm Haruka's doubts about Makoto being an enemy of Tomoki and what she seeks to gain from this, I do not know.

19. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been rereading some of my favorite scenes from the novel and a thought popped into my head upon Chiya seeing Makoto's true form. You know how people joke about Makoto being an eldritch being, or having one inside him? What if he really does have one inside him? I've just been thinking about how odd Makoto's affinity to healing/light magic is. How he not only cannot cast healing magic, but his body resists it. He is able to regenerate, and can be healed, but its "like solving a puzzle". The way that is worded is a bit strange to me, like its not a normal resistance.

I've remember reading a theory that it could be the sin of Izanagi that he cleansed himself of (And from that Tsukuyomi was born). When Tsukuyomi gave Makoto power, more was taken then he meant to give, and he was greatly weakened. This could be because that sin latched onto Makoto. This could also explain why murder became so easy to Makoto (even described as giving him a comfortable feeling when he suddenly decided to kill Io during the deal with the goddess). If I recall he also mentions something like a separate personality taking control during the battle, one that is much colder.

So. This leads me to think. In a future arc of this series.. what if this sin separates from Makoto and becomes a "Dark Makoto". With it gone perhaps Makoto will lose some of his powers, such as the exponential growth and sekai. Perhaps it could take the spot as the final boss since the goddess honestly feels more like a mid boss with how powerful the main character is and how easily he can gain more power.

edit: My theory about the crack itself is the more Makoto goes down the dark path, the more its freed, the more control it has over him, such as during the first dream's Makoto. I don't think its his talent as some suggest do to the hint given in the manga of when the crack first appeared (the cracked panel when he was thinking about killing the hyumans who kidnapped Toa and were using Rinnon).

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  20. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    He can heal with his sakai, if he focuses it on someone he can bring them back from the brink of death, as he did to that Arke that was caught in that blast in Asora. Healing Makoto is very difficult for people from that world, because they are in a game like system with HP, and his is off the charts. Makoto can't cast healing magic because he doesn't believe in that kind of magic, and considers himself uneducated in biology, he's also bad at using Light magic.

Paps likes this.