LCD Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone in good standing with the Adventurer's guild also knows about Kaleneon, which was taken over on the same night as the Devil's descent into Limia. Then there's what he did to the communication jamming in Rotsgard, people talked to him about getting that handled, and then a burst in the sky as all the jammers in the area are sniped at once...nobody believes it was a fluke.

2. Much Much mrm

Much Much mrm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They could have assigned someone to scout out all the devices and with ritual magic they could have sniped them all. Afterall who would believe sakai and in the goddess world there is such as thing as long casting magic if they get the timing right. Or magic that could take multiple people.

The adventurer's guild branch leaders could find out but would they sell that information and lose their job?

3. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thonk she would go for B and later on head for D. But since she already has an inkle of his power maybe not so eager for the D option.

4. neoinfinity204

neoinfinity204 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So it seems like the author just released a new chapter of the main story after about a month.

Paps likes this.
  5. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah and another one came out a couple of hours ago.

Paps likes this.
  6. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I expected this, it was foreshadowed from the get go and it kept being built up. Even the daughters themselves were dark and they still have that dark personalities. Also, Rembrandt is still doing shady stuff... probably not as before, as the incidents and meeting Makoto changed him and his family.

Makoto would not lose faith in hyumanity just because of Rembrandt... Makoto already kinda lost hope in it and he acknowledged it. That's why in order to face his hatred or discrimination towards hyumanity he chose to ask Rembrandt the dark parts of the world. In fact, Makoto has this instinctual level of being able to read a person or read his heart/mind... I believe Makoto for a very long time had the ability to read minds and people's hearts' from the moment he contracted Tomoe.... it is just that he refuses to use it consciously as he did not have the will power to face all the darkness within the hearts of many. Rembrandt is guilty but that world is warped, in order to survive or have success; one would need to use dirty and disgusting methods. That's why Makoto hates hyumanity and I think it is on instinctual level that he sees their darkness. Another thing to consider is that he accepted Rembrandt and knew of his dirty ways, that's why he asked him to show him the evil side of society... he is also ok with doing dirty deeds himself, look at how he lets Mio loose and Mio does some dirty stuff in the background.

The only one that really give him some hope back in hyumanity is himself. To see that there is no pure black or white in humans but there can be many sides. Plus, I feel the only who he really values is the two sisters that he saved... especially the little sister, she is pure and even though she is mature... she is a really good person overall. He seen how this world warps children and the little sister was about to be warped/ruined by the world if Makoto & co would have not stepped in.

I rambled enough. The chapters are slow but I am drooling at the possibility of Makoto slowly getting enlightened and accepts hyumanity, his parents were that too. This arc started with Makoto wanted to face his darkness, his hatred and discrimination towards hyumanity and this world and the whole mess with brainwashing is going to be an amazing chance for development for Makoto.

kenar, roriconknight, Hokoga and 2 others like this.
  7. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this is the kind of coment that I hate so mutch how I like it, now you make me actually think my counter argument. I think that the Rembrandt family is one of the few factors that haven't made him completely give up on hyumans, yes Toa and her sister have a big influence in it as well, but I think that he is projecting the love that Rembrandt has for his daugthers and wife as how he felt loved by his family and as such holding a little more to them. Now I guess that at some level he knows that Rembrand has done some shaddy deals to guet where he is but actual confirmation of what he has done well thats different. For me it completely caught me offguard knowing how he stablished himself in the city if it wasn't because we have seen more of his other side I think I could hate the character (kudos to the author for managing to make such an interesting characters). Sincerely I really hope that Makoto don't go that dark in the near future, I kind of like his naive self.

8. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Although I read it in the raw, I'm quite confused with this chapter. Sairitz should have mentioned Iroha's mother before and would have been more wary of her than some adventurers in a labyrinth that don't show themselves.

Makoto said that his students have a good chance of defeating Lime if they all came at him at once and in this chapter Levi is present at the scene who is stronger than Lime and yet both of them are struggling. Sairitz believes Izumo will be stronger than his dad once he comes back home and his dad is Sairitz's second in command who should be her strongest in her faction.

I wonder how the author will explain this power gap...

Maybe she received a blessing? From who, the goddess? Pfft
    Maybe she received an item? It seems more technique than relying on an item
    Maybe it's the sword? The sword might be an heirloom but it would long have been stolen if it was this powerful
    Maybe the empire's research has reached this far? Why the hell would they expend resources on a foreign asset when there is the possibility of losing such an asset without one of their own constantly by their side

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Paps, Anonymousbb and CockyBrat like this.
  9. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the whole situation with the drug and what's happening currently is iffy at best.
    1) How is the drug so effective? They're just taking a whiff of perfume and suddenly they're in obsessed with some guy they've never met or even seen a picture of before. His ability wasn't even that powerful in person last time we saw him (granted, that was a while ago).
    2) To begin with, the way the ability works, isn't it different? Root analyzed Tomoki and Hibiki earlier and judged that Tomoki's ability would turn people into puppets who would be afraid to move without orders from Tomoki, but these people are not just moving without orders, they're independently acting in ways they think might please him.
    3) And why do they know Tomoki considers Makoto an enemy? They were completely neutral before their one encounter. Of the people who know what happened, Lily's too smart and resourceful to allow any of that knowledge to spread since it doesn't benefit her or Tomoki. And Makoto didn't tell anyone.
    4) And if it did spread, Makoto's strength being over Tomoki's and his warning to Tomoki should have spread as well, right? Even if they don't believe Makoto's that strong, they should be wary of provoking him instead of attacking him and his associates. They don't get to be smart enough to independently investigate and find out he's an enemy and strong enough to be a threat to Tomoki and stupid enough to target Makoto's company members and someone under his protection. At least not without direct orders.
    ... Now, all my problems will be solved if it turns out that Tomoki has at least been in telepathic contact with the people in Lorel affected by his charm. And then I'll say to myself "Oh, Tomoki's just that dumb. Got it" and I won't be surprised at all.

CockyBrat and Anonymousbb like this.
  10. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's like what happens now with our current internet culture, if you find an interest in someone, you will start searching for news of everything that person has done, maybe search for nudes while you are at it (for research obviously), and then start looking into what opinions that person has on issues. So while totally in love with this foreign stranger, they start to gather news and rumors, ask questions of the already infected, and maybe send out messengers from their end to get more direct info. The strong-willed, or patient types among them will continue with this until they are satisfied they know enough to be of help, and the impulsive ones will react as soon as they learn about anything negative (anything remotely of concern), like the people that harass on twitter because someone said something about their idol. There may have been some exaggerated info circulating, maybe the girl with the Dragon Blessing is free to talk about Raidou's rudeness, or maybe the princess released some basic friend or foe info along with the perfume.

kenar and Paps like this.
  11. Avil

Avil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1- After Makoto destroys Tomoki he loses it and allows Lily to perform dangerous modifications on him, you can easily assume his charm has been powered up.
    2-Not too sure but might be related to point 1.
    3-Because Makoto didn't gave him Tomoe and destroyed his self-esteem and body.
    4-Tomoki is waiting for the chance but this attack was orchestrated by Haruka, so we don't know if Tomoki is behind this but I think he's not, a few chapters ago Haruka planned this raid and Tomoki wasn't mentioned as the mastermind.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  12. llDante

llDante Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1- It's not just a whiff, it takes time and exposure, Haruka said in the last chapter to Levi that everyone says yes after a few days, the bodyguard of iroha also took her friend (I forgot their name! XD) to a bar full of the smoke instead of just using that one little bottle of perfume outside the place.

2- Well he said puppets but doesn't mean they will just sit down and die without doing anything if they have no orders, you can think of haruka state as if she is in default mode since you are think of them as robots, since there is no orders all she is doing is trying to please him in anyway she can or know of, but since the charm made her crazy, her actions are having the opposite effect, she is making a big mess because she doesn't have a clear order from tomoki on how to do things and that other guy (forgot the name too! XD) that was trying to use her and brought the charm to lorel also put ideas in her head about what she could do to please tomoki, so like root said she is a puppet.

3- Unfortunately we are reading the web novel, there are things that might show only in the light novel as for example the story of rembrant and the alchemist that only showed recently in the manga but we never knew in the WB (there was just a small comment on tomoe part saying rembrant has a dark past), since the WB is mostly from Makoto POV and the story from rembrant is Tomoe POV, we only know that tomoe told shiki in gritonia and now that people from asora also know since levi knew the story too, so it's another POV we never got to see, but if lily said anything we will never know since it would be Lily POV, though it's not impossible for lily to tell the people charmed just so they will try to kill Makoto, my point is WB is too focused on Makoto.

4- Like I said in 2, the charm made them crazy, they might want to please tomoki but right now they are like a bull seeing red, acting more instinctively then thinking straight they don't realize they are messing things up.

Hokoga, Paps and Anonymousbb like this.
  13. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s several armed people heading to Kannaoi.

It would be nice if they were allies but…oh, they are enemies huh.

Ooh, Kannoi is truly in trouble.

There’s a group of people heading to this city from the south; numbers total around a thousand. The levels are around the same as the ones attacking here; average of 200.

Kannoi is in the south right? And Naoi is in the north of Lorel. And Sairitz expected Makoto to use the promissory note to enter from Naoi instead of going to the migrants city of Mizuha.

If that's the case, in this translation are there two groups or are there one. If there are two groups heading there, then I wonder who they could be for Makoto to instantly identify them as enemies.

If Naoi is in the south and Kannoi in the north and those armed people are from Sairitz then I wonder why Makoto Identified them as enemies, Instead of people from Naoi to calm the chaos.

14. WAWA_WAWA

WAWA_WAWA New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing some of them are charmed and he can sense it and for the other group maybe he can somehow sense they aren't coming to keep the peace or are part of the family in kannoi therefore he distrust them.

15. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Makoto is guetting more proficent in the use of Sakai so maybe he can use to detect the intention to his party or something on that level, I don't know I am grasping straw here. It truly surprised me that Iroha mother would be compared to Tomoe and Mio I mean even in the standar of Superior dragons (wich is supposedly the top) those two would be considered quite strong, is that what has been implayed in this chapter that her strengh can be compared to a superior Dragon?? Not even the heroes have reached that level of strengh yet.

16. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link

If he sensed that they are charmed then that would mean they are from the Empire. Can't understand why Lily would send them even she would think, with Lorel's troops and with Kuzunoha there, those armed soldiers would only be able to make a smoke screen to allow Iroha's mother to escape, but at the cost of many lives.

Makoto knows of the conflict with both cities but in the translations he believes the city would be destroyed not taken over.

Iroha's mother as strong as a superior dragon? Phew jumped my heart there, needed to re-check the chapter. At best she can match up to Ginebia or Haku (adventurers or origin) but even at their level it takes them both to hunt a superior dragon. At-least that's what Tomoe and Doma said.

Hokoga and Paps like this.
  17. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Makoto should be able to detect the charm through sekai. The heroes are on the level of superior dragons, maybe not Tomoe or Root, but Hibiki is able to output strength equal to 80% of Mio (who is on par with Tomoe, the second strongest superior dragon powered up by the pact with Makoto). I think Makoto stated she was faster than Sofia, but slower than the Asora wolves. She should be able to defeat any of the superior dragons except the big three. She is basically Sofia Tier. Probably bit weaker than Sofia since Hibiki seems to be lacking in magic power. (Humans have stronger bodies, Hyumans have stronger magic). The problem is power scaling isn't perfectly consistent in this series. Iroha's mother is likely within the hero/sofia tier.

18. Avil

Avil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was hinted during the chapter that Haruka's technique is exceptional, rather than having some chuuni power. You can easily guess she was a decent person who trained herself to the bone before Tomoki's charm corrupted her, she might become an ally if Makoto detoxifies her.

19. llDante

llDante Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If she doesn't kill herself after makoto detoxifies that is, because of what she did to her husband and are trying to do to her own daughter... She is in a worse state than those 3 spies makoto killed for being too far gone.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Paps and Avil like this.
  20. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm... I think they don't lack magic power, but rather, they just don't have interest in doing magic. Hibiki seems to really enjoy swordsmanship, so she uses her magic power on body enhancement and such rather than using it to cast spells. Tomoki has all sorts of magic tools and his magic eye (and nuke magic now, I guess) - his magic power is obviously quite strong based on what he's accomplished with those things.
    Sofia was still stronger, but she wasn't fully hyuman and also had the power of three superior dragons at the time.