LCD Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is he really trying to live there? think about it, almost everyone in asora, he felt the NEED to save them. then later he wanted to expand it so that people could live comfortably there.

almost everything regarding asora was forced onto his shoulders.

like i said, there are many complex issues regarding how he views hibiki. the first thing he felt towards them was pity, because he believed that they were dragged here because of him.

when he met hibiki, she became his only link to his past and family.

he also saw how they were living and was envious simply because it should have been him. he was the HERO. not them.

he doesn't understand hibiki willingness to come here, yes, but i don't think actually cares much about this issue because she, as the only link to his past has a more important part in his heart right now. in a sense i see believe hibiki keeps him from living in asora forever and in a sense, also chains him to his 'humanity' and not becoming gods.

he's already met with and interacted with several gods and he's seen the future where he kills bug god but loses everything. he's fearful of losing things he hold dear and once he actually does, he'll break.

2. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    theres a fundamental difference about the things we're talking about and it's clear that you don't understand anything at all. we all know that he knows it's not a game and doesn't treat it like one, but what we're talking about is about his acceptance of it psychologically.

this isn't like the joke in shield hero where the other heroes believes that it's an mmorpg and they'll revive when they die but we're talking about makoto acceptance of this world.

imagine this
    shield hero (also what you are talking about) -> if you are drugged and wake up in the desert
    choice
    A) will you commit suicide thinking it's a game in the hopes of waking up
    b) do your best not to die

now what we are talking about -> if B
    choice
    A) accept it as reality and continue living here happily ever after
    B) this isn't real, i hope i wake up one day in my comfy bed in japan.

as for the depression, whiny, suicide thing, you're obv not reading the same novel as us, you're just reading words and you should just move on. this discussion isn't for you. if you want to think about it thou, maybe start with
    makoto has never been happy in this world. Asora is his safe haven.

he only came here because he was threatened "if not you, then your sisters"

as for the suicide thing, its a joke about his bow training and you obviously is just here to disagree so you should just go away.

you are also obviously reading a different story from us so please just go away. like i said, you're just reading words.

nothing wrong with that, just that this discussion is way past that, talking about makoto psychological state and how hibiki is a part of him

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    dracokiva and Avil like this.
  3. Avil

Avil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As you said Makoto feels at home only in Asora (he rejected the Samal's offer to return because Asora is as important as his world), even so he is still trying to make connections with the same race that rejects him for being ugly and that takes a lot of guts.

Hokoga and Paps like this.
  4. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    You seem to have a strange fascination with death and suicide, because if you think the world you are in is a game, you do not jump to the conclusion that death=freedom, you usually think about the clearing routes. The deluded heroes in Shield Hero though they could win with their superior gaming knowledge.

Also, Makoto only felt a need to save three characters in the story so far, five if you count the two heroes. He acquired Asora when he went to save Ema, because he wanted to return the favor for saving him in the desert (and teaching him about magic); he populated Asora with other races, because why not, he has room; He saved Toa because she looked like Hasegawa; and then there's the little demon girl that he saved, so he wouldn't lose his humanity. So he only felt a need to save Ema, Toa, and the demon king's daughter.

Hokoga, kenar, Paps and 1 other person like this.
  5. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still don't see where your going with the whole, Makoto isn't treating this as reality thing. The only difference between him and a normal person is he doesn't place such a high value on life, and he is overall pretty apathetic to those not close to him. He's not treating it like a dream. Also he has been pretty happy in the bug world as well. He has had a lot of hardships there too, but he has made many friends there too and enjoyed it. Does this look unhappy/apatheic-
    [​IMG]

Hokoga likes this.
  6. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it depends on the game? if it's fun you'll want to continue to play it, look for a save point if theres no time. if its trash you'll just want to close it. usually dying = game over = freedom if you cant log out.. but i guess in a sense my example is also kinda extreme but it does get the point across (i hope).

7. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless you just saw someone respawn, you're gonna hold on to the idea that you might be a hardcore character, where death = game over/ everything over. In Shield Hero, all those people, except the mc, had just died, so for them death = game over = go home = death anyway. That's not freedom, and in Tsuki, Makoto is too responsible (and siscon) to think that his death will be any kind of answer.

8. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was just an example. i never said makoto would think death = freedom.

as for shield hero, no lol....the other heroes gave no shit at all when the (npc) died and still did things recklessly. this was stated by the author and the heroes themselves said that they'll respawn cus they r players so they didnt care at all

IIRC it was stated that they came to this conclusion after they kicked him out of the castle and went to do crazy stuff like killing dragons and so on so yea, they did something like A which is 'rush to final boss' for game clear i guess?

9. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LN paragraph about makoto godhood
    i read somewhere that in the LN there is a paragraph that the creator god gave makato a title, where he is named a god. makoto himself doesn't know and cant see the title but the other gods seem to be aware of this.

there seems to be 2 speculation? from the gods about this title. first is that he will replace the bug god and the second that he will be watching the bug god?

it's weird thou cus makoto is still weaker than than the bug god...

10. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Your spoiler doesn't make any sense, since we are caught up with the raws, and that hasn't come up, unless it's in one of the untranslated side story chapters. You may be thinking about Makoto's hidden talent though, not title, and we've had many discussions in here about that, lot's of speculation.

11. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LN* typo
    hahaha

not really a spoiler thou cus we're past the LN iirc ?

12. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that Hibiki death will affect him that mutch, yes she is the solely tangible link he has to japan, since she is the only one that actually knew him there, but that's the limit of her prescense on him. Outside of duty to protect her he really doesn't put her that strongly in his mind. Besides his followers and the inhabitants of Asora are becoming more important to him everytime to the point that he admits that he is afraid to move on his relationships with Tomoe and Mío for fear that they become so important to him that he won't have any feeling to go back home.

Hokoga likes this.
  13. CraniumAmbiguity

CraniumAmbiguity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one that pictured Io as Machamp or the 4 arms form Ben Ten?

14. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    i was thinking like that too but decided that it was too alien for me

15. Daath

Daath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually pictured him as 4 arms, when i saw him in manga I was like "who dafuq is this?" :blobjoy:

16. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually thoug that Rona would have more of a Femmele Fatale vibe, and I though their general outfit would be more armorish instead of actual uniform.

17. Vexram

Vexram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'd like to think i have a decent memory when it comes to events like this but unless it's some side story that was never translated like someone else said, this has never happened in the WN. so either someone never bothered to translated an important SS, the LN translation is shit, or the LN is drastically different than the WN.

----------------------------------------------------

about makoto and hibiki, last i checked makoto more or less just has a 'friendly' disposition to her at the current point in the story. he's realized that they walk different paths and if needed, he will kill her. her death will have little impact on him. he'll be sad i guess but in the end, it'll just be another corpse on his path.

Hokoga likes this.
  18. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She could go to europe on a whim? A teenager to boot. She must be rich.

19. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the LN isnt translated and this part is only in the LN
    few groups bother to translate the LN unless it's drastically different. it seems like so far there hasn't been much divergence but little bits of info are added here and there unlike mushoku tensai where the timeskip is written

Paps likes this.
  20. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't thinking that he feels it should have been him as hero it's that he got treated worse then even on earth. Remember even on earth he wasn't the best received by people. As for not understanding why she accepts being brought there again his lifebon eaerg had ups and downs but for her she was already at the top her abilities left no challenge in anything she did and her family's status was top notch so there was no worry there in general she had no worries nor challenge to her life.