LCD Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Easy answer is Aphrodite, all the clues point to her, but I think the author will make her subtly different to the myths, or make her the re-imagining of a different goddess. So either Aphrodite Goddess of Love, and Beauty, decided to give up on men, or it could be one of her kids, which is a fragment of her authority, they are usually kind of twisted that way, focusing more on Lust than Love, or embodying a negative kind of Love, like Narcissists and stalkers.

Could also be another Goddess that was associated with Motherhood, and Family, but without actually being a mother, who may want to take this opportunity to remake her image, and fake being a creation god, like say Hestia Goddess of the Hearth and Home, who isn't really known for being all that good looking, despite all the Greek Gods being remembered as human perfection.

Paps and clmbheat like this.
  2. mai.rain

mai.rain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i couldn't find the wiccan goddess being vindictive however it could just be the authors liability like how he added some false connections to the moon god-bro to the other gods in the side stories.

clmbheat likes this.
  3. clmbheat

clmbheat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I may be going crazy and may have to go and re read them but I thought Hestia was in a side chapter? The one with all the other gods and stuff?

4. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Could be Venus, tho Venus and Aphrodite is the same godes. Just that Aphrodite turned into Venus of the roman phanteon...

clmbheat likes this.
  5. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be Hera, she was as ruthless as we have seen Bug been, altough a lot of the Greek Gods tended to be like that.

6. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hera/Juno: Killed Hercules' family to punish him for the crime of "being born"
    Athena/Minerva:Turned a woman into a spider for beating her in a weaving contest
    Aphrodite/Venus: Bribed her way to victory in a beauty contest using an already married woman. Fell for a mortal man and got the other gods to make him immortal, then threw him away when she noticed he had gotten old because she forgot immortality does not equal unaging. And more besides.
    Artemis/Diana: Killed/screwed over uncounted numbers of men who wanted to date her.
    Demeter/Ceres: created winter because she was pissed her daughter got married.
    Eris: Made a golden apple inscribed "To the fairest" starting the beauty contest that led to the Trojan war.

There is no lack for jerks in the Greco-Roman pantheon

kenar and Paps like this.
  7. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And you just sited a few of the female camp, male camp weren't no saints either, HAHAHAHA

clmbheat likes this.
  8. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing they are just showing who they could be? Except Athena she has already appeared in the novel.

Paps likes this.
  9. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought what started the Trojan war was Paris making a sacrifice to Aphrodite so he could be with Helen? Or was that after Eris made the golden apple?

Paps likes this.
  10. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And both sides were just that much worse. Also, in Heras defense: Her hubby banged other girls and women more than her. No surprise she was perpetually pissed.
    After.

Neyva, Paps and clmbheat like this.
  11. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks there are so many things going on in Greek mythology that keeping them in order is kind of hard. Though Hera is the most sympathetic of them. Her husband is constantly having sex with anything that moves, she only has 2 children that disappointed her (Ares is a coward and Hephaestus is so ugly when she saw him as a baby she threw him of the side of the mountain) and since she is the goddess of marriage she can't go around having sex.

Paps likes this.
  12. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't blame her for that but seriously throwing your kid from a mountain because his visage didn't satisfie you...is just...bad. No wonder he trapped her in her throne.

clmbheat likes this.
  13. DieForMe

DieForMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was also mentioned that the bugdess was a new one and the wiccan trinity goddess was a new pagan cult so it kinda fits and such cult is a mishmash of cults mixed together

Edit: and greek gods are included in it

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Paps and clmbheat like this.
  14. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    hey Hades wasnt much of a jerk compared to others, he was pretty strict in his conditions

Neyva, Paps and DieForMe like this.
  15. DieForMe

DieForMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hades is qute the brogami though....though most greek heroes are trashy

16. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    That is true but he wasn't always fair. Sure compared to the rest of greek pantheon he was a Saint but he could be a dick. He made Minos a judge for the underworld! Like how is that not a jerk move?

17. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but he still kidnapped his future wife, I mean compared with what the others did that was tame but... is something.

clmbheat likes this.
  18. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't established that she was a new Goddess, she's someone even Makoto would know about, and he recognized that dragon blood tree immediately.... Anyway, not a new Goddess, but she is trying to pass herself off as a new Creation God, by parading around her new hyuman race, on her very own new(not really) world.

Paps likes this.
  19. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I was trying to give examples on who the bug could be. As I stated earlier it's not been confirmed that Athena and Minerva were the same god. Though we have an example of a treasure god also being a god of destruction in another pantheon.
    Zeus/Jupiter: Banging any female he feels like, consent questionable.
    Poseidon/Neptune: Banging a priestess of Athena in her temple. Got the priestess and her sisters turned into gorgons as punishment. Unknown if the priestess had any say in this.
    Apollo: Harassed a woman to the point she asked the gods to turn her into a tree so she didn't have to put up with him. Gave Cassandra the gift of prophesy. Cursed her to only see disaster and no one would believe her till after the fact when she wouldn't bang him.
    Hades/Pluto: Tricked his wife into eating food from the underworld so she had to marry him. Really the only famous offense.

Yes the apple came first. Demeter, Hera, and Aphrodite brought in a mortal to act as judge. Then rather than just being a normal contest they all tried to bribe him into winning. Aphrodite offered him Helen of Troy. Who was already married in Greece. Which started the Trojan war.
    Hecate: also a roman god far as I remember. Might be the wiccan goddess. Known to be quite vengeful when her followers/descendants are messed with.

DieForMe, clmbheat and Paps like this.
  20. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the biggest problem we all have with trying to pinpoint who she is, is that there are hundreds if not thousands of female deities from all over the world that can be put in. Until the author tells us we won't e able to really narrow it down

Paps likes this.