Unable to edit novel genre, tags or names..

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by freeeekout, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeeekout

freeeekout Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unable to edit novel genre, tags or names.. after the edit and when i press save its just shows blank..

2. marine1corps

marine1corps Invisible to all Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 2.05.53 PM.png
    You got banned probably because of this?

The last edit you made was adding the "Excessive Bromance" tag.

I wasn't the one that banned so I am summoning @runsing

3. freeeekout

freeeekout Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand what is wrong in the above changes.. that novel is in hiatus.. ok i made few changes before finalizing the sentence but the status of that novel is still "658 Chapters (Hiatus since 23-09-16)". is it wrong to re-edit to get the phrasing right..
    and adding the "Excessive Bromance" tag is just because i felt novel has too much bromance, so i just added it.. if there's somethings wrong in it plz point me to the mistake so i can avoid doing it..

and one more thing i added 'Harem' genre to the novel 'Awakening'. the mc s loyal to one girl but nvl has many love interests. it was removed the first time so re-added it.. i read the rules and genre description which says "Harem= Multiple love interests" which the novel has, very very similar to "Sword art online" which has got a Harem tag.. Is there a mistake in it..??

even if there's a mistake on my part, you could just tell me.. and you can clearly tell by my edit logs that i am not trolling on purpose.. why is there a need to ban just for these minor honest mistakes..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2017
  4. marine1corps

marine1corps Invisible to all Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm I think you were banned for procationary measures.

We do this all the time to stop trolls dead in their tracks. If they were serious taggers they need to contact us to talk things out. I don't see anything really wrong with your edit logs BUT do note that you need to post new tag suggestions here.

I will be lifting ban soon.

freeeekout, BlancFrost, Blitz and 4 others like this.
  5. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    excessive bromance is an opinion, not a legit tag, therefore it was deemed as trolling attempt and lock were applied.

now that you know, and it seems @marine1corps has lifted the ban, so..

btw, continuous posting is against the forum rules, so i hope can spend some time to read it.
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/link-forums/forum-rules.1043/

thank you.

6. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry I already reported it (y)

freeeekout, AliceShiki and runsing like this.
  7. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I banned you, iinm. Reasons and explanations are as given by my colleagues above.

For you it might have been a minor mistake but on our side, how are we supposed to know that? Sure I can contact you on NUF but as of right now you have only done two posts on the forum, which means you are not active at the forum and the chance to get an explanation is low. Your ban was made a while ago too.

So, how do we get you to actively pursue the case? We ban you, you ask and we discuss. It's not an attack against you, it's just a preventive measure against trolls. And yes, we do get trolls almost everyday. We just stealthily deal with it.

This problem is solved. Locked.

Welcome to NUF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.