Discussion Unbelievable

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I live with 3 people in a house, including the landlady. They seem to only rarely clean anything, not that I do it often but more often than they do. The landlady think she's a clean person, she's not. If I wasn't replacing dish washing sponges they'd never be replaced coz according to her they only seem dirty but due to all the detergent used they're not. She has some sickness so most of the time she's a bit depressed and sleeping a lot or in pain, so she only talks how she used to clean but now doesn't really do anything and leaves a lot of days to her family and when she comes back she expects chores to be done.
    Trash keeps piling up over the top of the bin, it's me who takes it out...

Rarely she gives out a list of chores, I usually do them anyway but list sort of forces people to do their own thing and apparently I didn't clean the bathroom great, still it was an ok job and she has the nerve to say to me did you even clean it(after a week since she wasn't here)? Annoyed I said I did and that was it. Then she talked with the other roomate and since she's avoiding confrontation to the point of being ridiculous, he gave me a lecture of 5-10min, look there's a bit of dust behind the toilet seat cover or the shower drain wasn't cleaned and that I have a bad attitude to the landlady.
    Yeah bad attitude for her nerve to tell me about cleaning...
    Then he said sorry about this, I respect you...blabla while she stood there looking down like a child.

Should I let this go, tell her I don't think she's a clean person as she thinks she is, something else?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Do it

Jojo775 likes this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Come clean. Clear the air. Tell her your conscience is as clear as your hands are clean. Let her know if she doesn't clean up her act, you'll make a clean break with her and clear out. And if she seems sufficiently contrite, offer to start over with a clean slate. :blobpeek:

4. Cutey Porcupiney

Cutey Porcupiney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell her. Be honest. Be polite and maintain your composure when confronting her so she can't say anything about your "attitude" or being disrespectful. I don't exactly know what your situation is and I only know your side, but I don't think you should be the only one responsible for cleaning the house and then facing all the blame when it's not "properly cleaned".

Mnotia and Jojo775 like this.
  5. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that you're now on the net, which means that the argument is over and done already. To bring up the point again after the argument seems to be over already will make it look like you have a grudge. You can't "time out" an argument, go ask people for advice then come back and continue.

6. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I was ganged up on and not like I think quickly.

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You always clean up for her and the other.
    You never say otherwise and tell them those earlier.
    They think it's an easy task to do if you're willing to do it. They take it for granted and want you to do it ALWAYS or they just never bother with cleanliness.
    It's better to let everything out and be known when you live with someone else and share public utilities/spaces.

8. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    My question is... What kind of arrangement is this staying with landlady?

Something is :sushi_chubby: here :blobpeek:

Anyway I don't get why you should be the only one cleaning stuffs and doing chores...unless that's how you are earning your place there. If you are paying up then you better speak up and not get used around like that. I'm sure you can get in contact with authorities, tenant laws are quite protective over this kind of abuse.

Nightow1, Mnotia and solivagantsoul like this.
  9. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest you all sit down and divvy up the house hold chores. Those are your responsibility going forward. If your landlady is Ill, I suggest you divvy the chores up amongst the rest of you and get a break on your rent. Or have her make her cook you dinner. Whatever.

Write it down.

That way you won't get stuck doing all the work.

10. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    There's more to this story I think.

Is this like a family member/friend? How much do you pay in rent in comparison to everyone else that lives there? By landlady do you mean your mom?

Anyway, if this lady is a sick person that's usually in pain then I think you should pick some chores up for her but not too much; you don't wanna baby her.

Cutey Porcupiney likes this.
  11. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    lol it's not my mom, chores are not rent replacement, forget about it