LCD Undefeated God of War

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Azure, May 28, 2016.

1. TranslationNations

TranslationNations Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just love how he is an assassin kills tons of people and everyone knows this and accepts it like whatever.

2. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, agreed. To me, the funniest part is how he immediately realizes that Tang Tian has beast-like instincts. Kind of fitting for big bro Tang Tian to be an ultra-mega-beast since Housefly Cow is a mega-beast, ahahaha.

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if they'll try to force him into the sect, try to make him the next leader of the sect, or try to extort Spirit Cards from him. Also wondering if they'll try to kill him after they get the info from him or become convinced that they can't get it from him. Further wondering if anyone else will notice his accomplishment and try to fight the sect for him. I hope his teacher considered all this and came up with some kind of plan becasue the MC isn't really ready for all this.

They may not have enough evidence to actually prosecute him, or assassins might not be held responsible for the contracts they fulfill. Though I'm sure their employers would be.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he's quite up to dealing with a whole sect by himself yet. I know this place is weak and all, but he's still not even close to being able to take out what passes for a top expert around here and a hundred other people at the same time. Though I suppose his master, the guys at the quarry and possibly the principle of the top school might help out.

I hope he starts wearing gloves from now on. As long as they don't know that he has the treasure, they'll probably just toss lower ranked members at him for a while.

5. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehhh, I honestly don't think these assassins know exactly who they're after. After all, they tried to grab the little girl just because she mimicked Tang Tian's cross thing. They want the Cross Constellation but they have no idea (other than some minor clues) who actually has it. So long as Tang Tian is careful, he should be okay.

Personally, I'm more interested in whether or not Tang Tian's going to join the Crane Sect. He seems like the kind of guy who'll go his own way (and not join the sect). On the other hand, this mess with the assassins might push him into joining the sect so he's got some backup firepower if a big confrontation occurs.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    For now, they won't be coming after him because he has the treasure, they'll come after him because he killed that guy.

I don't think he'll join the Crane Sect, especially not if he feels like he's being forced into it. He may wind up befriending that guy though. As long as the guy doesn't do anything stupid like trying to order the MC around.

Honestly, he doesn't even really need to join the sect to return their legacy to them. He can just make a card and give/sell/trade it to Crane so that he can learn the technique. Which makes me wonder why that won't happen. Simple, obvious solutions are almost universally shunned in these stories after all.

7. TranslationNations

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget who the Author is, one of my reasons for choosing this novel is the author is known for coming up with ideas from left field.

But i would put money on the fact that he uses Crane to help him get strong enough to make spirit cards and exhorts him for SOOOOOOO much.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll get in trouble for that. Fighting outside the arena is probably prohibited.

I could see that. Fang Xiang does like to write clever, opportunistic MCs. Still, I think he'll be strong enough to make cards when they meet. He only needs to be level four for it after all and he's practically there already.

9. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch 40 - best example of how rock can beat paper...

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So what were the rules for getting a pass? Or did they not say? Also, are the top ten academies getting a head start or something? I really didn't understand much of what happened in this chapter :(

11. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I know. All I know is that they're throwing people at the new Star/Constellation Gate thing (like a dungeon) in the hopes that someone will nab a reward and survive. And that Tang Tian, Housefly Cow, and their self-proclaimed Principal are going.

12. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfffft~

Ignore me, I'm trying not to laugh my guts out at the mental image of Tang Tian with multiple fishing rods and poor little toads attached at the other end. It must sound like an ungodly orchestra.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So how are the rankings determined? Do you have to turn over the stuff you find or can you keep it? Is it based on the quantity and quality or just the quality of the best item found? Most series will beat you over the head with these kinds of details and so far they haven't even been mentioned :/

You don't know, they might be very good at coordinating. Like the Budweiser frogs ;)

14. TranslationNations

Reading List:
    Link
    based on the conversations it seems that whoever finds the better stuff and perhaps discovers more wins, and they definitely get to keep things based on what the 2 men said when first discussing the door.

Edit: just realized how horribly vague my comments were

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If the explorers get to keep everything, then I have a hard time understanding what the organizers get out of all this. I mean, sure, the city gets an increase in their overall strength, but their not the ones that put this plan forward, nor are they the stronger of the two parties involved in the decision. So I'm having trouble understanding their motivation if they don't get any of the treasures. Unless the guy that suggested it thinks that his own people who were sent in will reap the greatest rewards and that his group's strength will increase even more than the city's or something.

Still seems like a silly way to handle it though. I get that they want to use the competitors as cannon fodder, but even if the first group faces the most danger, an organized, unified exploratory team will have far fewer casualties than a hodge-podge of people hellbent on killing each other for treasure. If they'd organized a real expedition and not informed the public till after they'd gotten back, they could have seized far more treasure and controlled its distribution. It also wouldn't risk anything powerful winding up in the hands of people who want to kill them and take their territory.

16. TranslationNations

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget the competitors are some of the strongest they have. Perhaps they can't afford mercenaries that are as good.

17. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    ...whoa.

Did Tang Tian just get a terracotta soldier guardian spirit?

18. TranslationNations

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems so... But i completely forgot he had no fighting experience until all of this happened.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    A god like young man never forgets the most important things: japtem. Weed would be proud ;)

20. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm having trouble following the cultivation process for the MC in this novel. I'm not sure if it's because the translation is poor or if the writing is just incomplete/complicated but I'm really having difficulty understanding clearly a few things in this novel. I'm only around chapter 20 so maybe it's cleared up later, but for now these are the issues I'm currently having trouble with:

1) For the Spirit Cards, are they consumables that are destroyed after use? I get that they kinda inject the information into the user's head, but for bronze the information is only available 3 days, silver is a month a gold is a year? Is this right? I understand the ranking, and that bronze has poorer information on the technique than silver and gold, but this area is still somewhat unclear to me. Does the Hardship Plate affect Spirit Cards in some special way?

2) With the Hardship Plate and these uber-training stints the MC goes on. Does he enter the plate to train? I understand that it allows him to forego eating and sleeping and only requires him to train/cultivate energy, but shortly after he completed his Fundamental Martial Arts training the plate activated and he was awarded "10 days of time". Was this only 10 days of time period inside the plate? How does he gain more time? I can't tell if his current training is taking place inside the plate or just outside in general. Could someone give me a basic understanding of how the plate works up to this point? Like does his sparring with the figures inside the plate take place after he reaches mastery of something or just what? I dunno, this whole thing has been really unclear for me. This hardship plate kinda strikes me as being similar to the stone in WDQK, but damn so far it's been really unclear.

3) For his Flashing Fist technique, does every single successful Flashing Fist contribute to the counter being increased or can he only increase the counter inside the plate's space?

4) Is time altered when he enters the space? I can't figure this part out. He spends 10 days inside the space, comes out and collapses. But then when he's training after his initial training round does he go back into the space? Why hasn't his friend/master noticed when his disappears for over a week?

So far things just haven't been explained very well in regards to this and I'm not sure if it's just me or what. I never ran into this confusion with World of Cultivation so I'm tempted to blame the translation rather than the author.