Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Est468

Est468 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would someone being willing to upload the new chapter after translation in English please?
    I'm all in favour of supporting the author as she should be paid for her work. But being British I'm having trouble purchasing the books on the Ridi website we don't have id citizen numbers in Britian.

2. marucalypse

marucalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author's back on Dec 1st!!!! Book 2 chapter 107 here we go!!!! The most awaited talk (and snusnu pls)!!!!

3. sahsh_00

sahsh_00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PLEASE SOMEONE SPOIL JUST A LITTLE:cry:

4. LadyJellan

LadyJellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ready to buy the next chapters of the book. (y)

5. Lin97

Lin97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please let there be Book 3!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    Tarnar and marucalypse like this.
  6. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i hope you will be kind enough to share chapter 107...thanknyou so much for your most kind hearts..

marucalypse, Angelicc101 and Ska_D like this.
  7. 91reader19

91reader19 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember seeing a Heathers AU fanfic of UTOT with riftan as JD but can’t find it anymore, if anyone knows what I’m talking about can they link it? :(:(

8. Embracetheflames

Embracetheflames Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    50 episodes doesn’t sound like enough to finish adequately unless they’re thick chapters…

Sorry in advance for the rant and possible SPOILERS for anyone still reading Book 2.

This has been mentioned before in varying depth.

The Dark Wizards fled the scene long before the war. In all likelihood, they left the plateau shortly before Maxi’s contingent went to investigate the surrounding areas. The discovery or apprehending of them could be a battle or excursion in itself. I don’t see Rudis with a bathwater emergency or a messenger pigeon interrupting their fight with the bedsheets to declare the villain was taken into custody off screen…. Then again, that could be exactly how it happens lol. They might then need to travel somewhere as the kingdoms fight for jurisdiction over who will determine their fate. I have a sneaking suspicion there’ll be a twist with their identities or the manner that they’ll be brought to answer for their crimes. Not much has been revealed about how exactly Roem fell and what became of other descendants, though we do know how the World Tower came to be. However it’s resolved or the process which it’s to be will no doubt actively involve the new Pope and cause strife.

Richt Breston’s threats have some weight to them directly too. The only person who hates Riftan more is the Duke and let’s not forget, he sent assassins recently after Riftan. It wouldn’t be a stretch if the two joined forces in some way. Maxi has her golem spell she hasn’t yet put into practice and didn’t she say that Anatol at first glance looked like a fortress? The castle, a sleeping solitary golem in the mountains? With new access to the Anatolian Mines, I’d bet money a secondary war will break out on the home front. She and Ruth need to catch up on her time spent on the island and discuss taboo magic. And see if any other mines contain that precious ore to make impenetrable armour. Lot of mountain range to cover and something tells me those smithing methods are going to resurface with the help of certain Gnome Hall friends.

Roem may not get a resurgence but given Anatol’s geographical location, connections now with the South and Riftan being soon named Count… I don’t think it will remain part of Whedon much longer. I think if the Duke pursues Riftan more formally, Drystan will take the opportunity to side with Anatol. The King will get involved but in the end Drystan will retake lands once stolen and to solidify Anatol’s break and redefine Whedon’s unity, they’ll absorb the Duchy. The Duke will suffer more if he not only doesn’t have an heir, but has no legacy to pass on. Watch Riftan burn the duchy to the ground first anyway lol. But then Anatol can become its own Kingdom and be entirely independent. Their future would be secure and their family and people could prosper quite peacefully. There will still be wars and the need for arms, but the circumstances of their participation would be more at Riftan’s and Maxi’s discretion.

It would be nice if Agnes acquired some other quest or preoccupation. Not a husband necessarily, but something that took her out of the running as being a competitor for Maxi and put some distance so the level of authority wasn’t there for her to intervene in the manner she does now. I liked in Book 2 how Maxi wasn’t really buying what she was selling when she claimed Riftan had been cruel to her since her departure to the Tower. Yes, Agnes has been encouraging and supportive but only in pursuing her own interests for Maxi. She will always be a Royal with royal interests as Maxi herself pointed out. I think it best if when the issue comes up again that Maxi calls her out on it and Agnes either respects and attempts to right her behavior so that the two women can be regarded more equally or she fucks off. They’ll never really be friends otherwise. Too much politics and power plays, not enough authenticity and perspective. I’m tired of the two faced ambiguity from her, if it isn’t obvious. I want to like her, if only she’d let me.

It’ll take a minute before they leave for Osyria and aside from the Spoils Meeting, and the party favours both Riftan and Maxi will bring home from it, we’ve got exciting times to look forward to (in no particular order)

• Snu Snu - all inclusive
    • Communication! - all inclusive
    • A duel between Riftan and Richt, preferably shirtless, preferably Richt cries after and/or is permanently maimed
    • Osyria’s sword competition and festival
    • Riftan’s Geth Reveal (wouldn’t it be something if he participates ^ and when he wins, he swears his oath now as he wanted to back then) and!!! If he wins a sword from it, what if that’s the sword they bestow upon their son when he’s of age? Hell of a story to recount to your children, just saying
    • Reunion with Rosetta and meeting Abel (may her marriage be a happy one where she’s able to heal and prosper)
    • Count & Countess Calypse (with the King formally recognizing Maxi’s abilities and contributions in both wars)
    • Returning home to Anatol together (finally!!)
    • Roy, Laura and Ron reunion
    • Anatol Banquette (Celebration for the Lady’s formal return or an heir perhaps?)
    • New sword ornament Maxi promised
    • Anatol’s festival (make your boy a big ass flower crown)
    • Childhood Reveal, Dream Reveal
    • History of Riftan’s father?
    • Reincarnation Reveal (got me all invested in a tree)
    • Kick Ass Battle plans for Anatol’s defenses (imagine an opportunity where we get to see Riftan beaming, just so proud of Maxi as they work in tandem as a team for once to defend their home and their people {and probably Ruth}
    • Ruth taboo-ing Garrow’s eye
    • The Duke’s death scene (may it be drawn out and terrifying)
    • Renewing Vows *please*
    • Babies! *please please please*

tunafish007, eidyia, Elren and 10 others like this.
  9. sahsh_00

sahsh_00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does that mean Book 2 will be completed within 50 episodes? Or the whole story?

Hazel123 likes this.
  10. jajagem

jajagem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg thank you very much!

11. emptycan_princess

emptycan_princess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is very... very.... very beautiful outline :blobcat_rawr::blobcat_rawr::blobcat_rawr::blobcat_rawr:

oh dear kim soo ji writernim, thank you for the comeback. i hope you stay happy and healthy :aww:

MariaDolens likes this.
  12. Oaktreepainter

Oaktreepainter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh gosh! I love your thoughts about what's yet to come. A lot of these points I have also pondered about. I just wish writer-nim is in good health and not so pissed off by other people's negative & insensitive comments so she could still write and reveal all of these in the delicate style she writes the story. Personally, i don't care (I would prefer it actually) if she continues it to a third book because there's still so much left to cram in only 2 books. Hopefully I'm still breathing and not broke so I could read it :sweating_profusely::blobphone:

13. Embracetheflames

Reading List:
    Link
    Just book 2 from what’s been said so far. Initially only 2 main books were planned but that could change. Maybe if the chapters are thin, it’ll be a tell we’re in for another cliffhanger ending and a 3rd book. There’s also more companion chapters to consider.

I know I’d love to see Riftan’s POV of several chapters from both Book 1 & 2. Here’s a few I can think of off hand. Please feel free to include your own.

Book 1:
    • The morning after returning from Drachium’s war celebration, Riftan’s reactions to the changes of Castle Calypse and winter preparations before Maxi wakes up and joins him
    • When Maxi left rank during their first expedition. Including the dream he was trapped in when she cuddled him in his sleep
    • His return to Ethylene Castle when the siege had ended up until Max awoke from her coma
    • Seeing her off in Agnes’ carriage up to infiltrating Croix Castle (this was also a fanfic if anyone has read something about this. Please be advised there is no such chapter written by the author)
    • His nervousness and agitation by being away from her while she recovers and his private war talks with the knights
    • His internal struggles leading up to the morning of her departure to the Tower
    Book 2:
    • Encountering assassins sent by the Duke (I know he sent more than 1, but I don’t recall if there was separate attempts)
    • Riftan toying longingly with Maxi’s things in the bedroom, maybe after returning from meeting Abel, when a messenger arrives with a letter from the Tower and him carefully locking it away after reading it several times (nothing like this happened in the book, it’s just wishful thinking)
    • His discussions with Agnes during the war, particularly the one Maxi watched while spying and his fuming thoughts after Kuahel Leon rebuffed him
    • When he caught Maxi breathing in his scent from his cloak he’d given her for warmth
    • His thoughts after their jealousy fight and his over all suspicions of Kuahel Leon’s curiosity in Maxi
    • Infiltration of the Monster City through the Wyvern hatchery the 2nd time and the battles from within
    I’d like to see Ruth’s too from the Tower escape, from when he journeyed with Riftan when he was younger and especially when he was concealed with magic and followed Maxi around Ethylene. I think his view and opinion on all the comings and goings as a fly on the wall would be particularly revealing, no pun intended. I’d love to see Riftan recounting, while being very emotive, the terrible tale of slaying the dragon to his children as a bedtime story of lore. I’d equally love seeing Maxi teaching their children magic with Ruth and her and Riftan training together playfully with their children in the barracks.

I see a bossy 4 year old with her mother’s eyes and father’s hair carrying a toy sword, Yurixion in tow, being coddled by knights as Hebaron exaggeratedly plays dead and Uslin demonstrates somersaults and Elliot and Gabel cheer as Riftan kisses boo boos while Maxi, pregnant, looks on grinning, a beautiful wide eyed boy in her arms, with Garrow to her right smirking and shaking his head at Yuri

14. Flyinghigh79

Flyinghigh79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would also love to see some scenes with pregnant Maxi and them preparing for the baby. Getting the room set, Maxi waking Riftan in the middle of the night when she feels the babys first kick, them practising holding a baby with their cats, and Riftan gently kissing Maxis stomach and listening to the babies heartbeat and talking to the baby and them deciding what they're going to name their little guy. Oh my heart!! I want Maxi and Riftan to have babies so bad!! Please kim suji let them have babies!!

15. Ska_D

Ska_D Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What a thorough analysis! I completely agree with you: too many loose ends in Book2 to wrap the story up in just 50 chapters, without rushing through it till the end. I hope the author will be able to do that, given that she’s quite talented.
    I pondered myself some of the topics you’ve pointed out, such as the Dark Wizards, the fallen of Roem Empire and the storyline of Riftan’s father too. Since the first time I read those storylines I was hooked up and I wanted to know more about what happened in the past and how those chains of events reverberated like a ripple in the water to the present time and what effects they might have in the future over Anatole and all its people’s lives, especially Riftan and Maxi, who’s revealed a peculiar affinity for earth magic and golem taboo magic spell. Golems were used back then in the Roem Empire but it was not revealed whether they were one of the causes of its fallen or not, so it would be interesting if the author followed this path farther. What if Quahel Leon, who’s clever and quite perceptive of his surroundings, suspects something of this about Maxi and her lineage? He has already have a quarrel with the Pope and I don’t think the story is so frivolous that the only reason he seems to show a peculiar interest in Maxi is just him developing romantic feelings for her. It wouldn’t do justice to his character. The Richt Brenton storyline feels eerie and threatening, because it seems to be not over and if he sides with the Duke he could be dangerous for Riftan and Maxi too. I feel a detailed scene about the Duke’s slow and painful death would be rewarding.
    As for the Princess, we share the same views. As you said, I’m tired too about her two-faced ambiguity from her about a lot of things. I don’t think she is in the story just as a sort of plot device to stir Maxi’s jealousy up, so she can be more confident and forthcoming about her true feelings for Riftan, as I read in some comments here and there. For me sometimes it’s clear what the Princess actions are aimed at, as for the political duties she has to fulfill, while sometimes it’s more difficult to see through her real intentions. I really feel a genuine talk btw the two is needed to clear the air once for all, and when the right time comes I hope Maxi will pluck up her courage to confront her about all the issues she has been feeling uncomfortable with so far: the true nature of her relationship with Riftan (on the Princess side, because Riftan himself has told Maxi he loves her), the Princess condescending demeanor towards her, such as not treating Maxi as un equal and sometimes not even acknowledging her presence, when Maxi has blossomed into someone who’s more valuable than the Princess.
    Well, to cut a long story short, I really hope for a much coveted happy ending with at least two children.

16. smita.g

smita.g Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys do anyone if you has the discord link for Oak?

17. Flyinghigh79

Flyinghigh79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man, when the new chapter comes out on the 30th (im Canadian) im going to celebrate. Pour me a nice mug of hot cocoa, grab some cookies and be all snug in my blanket by my laptop and impatiently wait for it to be 11pm. Sure, the google translate can be a pain, but i can manage.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  18. Reiujii

Reiujii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you guys think there is going to be book 3?

Embracetheflames likes this.
  19. Embracetheflames

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s reasonable to consider it. Book 1 didn’t really start moving until 3/4 of the way in. Book 2, it’s been tensely paced with action since the start and this feels like a calm before another storm. We’re maybe 1/2 way through at this point?

Plus, the books mirror each other in ways and parallel in others. Riftan was gone 3 years, then Maxi. He went straight to bring her home when he got back, she went straight home to see him once her contingent arrived at the port. He dreamed of her to keep him going, then she thought of nothing but him in the Tower and soon she’ll dream of him glowing in colorful lights too. She became pregnant at the beginning of an expedition, wouldn’t be crazy to say maybe she’ll be with child at the end of this one.

There’s a lot of little would be tells and checks of balance I’ve encountered already and I expect others for the most point to follow suit.

I think it can be done in 50 episodes but then companion pieces would need to measure about the same. I’d feel more confident with 75 episodes to finish before taking extras into account.

20. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YesA17 and Ska_D like this.