Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Maia123

Maia123 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Loool you are actually first person who I am agree with. Sacrifice has to be done and probably from Max in order to get back Riftan’s trust…what sacrifice? Not sure. Something related to his concerns, I guess. Riftan pushing her away too much?…true. That might be a consequence, but he’s trying. It’s just….it is very difficult to heal himself when Max acts like nothing happened. Ideally, if Max realized her mistakes and ask his forgiveness but…she’s too proud now. You are absolutely right, she has build up too much on her “swell up … head” and her focus is not Riftan. She’s concerned, but she also thinks that it is his fault because she tries and nothing happened. So, she’s giving up too easily. She’s used to Riftan looking for her…I don’t think she is value him enough.

Now you are mentioning, I think Max going to Croix was definitely a self-punishment. At the end, she didn’t want to eat because of that, and she declined her health because of her lack of self-care. I kinda have hope on Max. I think she’s still kind and noble. I know she loves Riftan, and I trust that she will realize her mistakes and do something…but I’ll tell you a secret: I think that before that, Riftan AND Max are going to have someone else trying to reach their hearts (Kuahel Leon on Max’s side).

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH 40 with a BA on Psychology LOOOOOOOL How old are you?

Avery Very likes this.
  2. marklee.activist

marklee.activist Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is chapter 109 out yet?

YesA17 likes this.
  3. samspot8r8s

samspot8r8s Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm dying of curiosity to know what's happening with Riftan and Uslin! I don't know if ch 110 will provide any answers yet, but I hope!

Yes! You can find a summary of what happened on page 176

marklee.activist likes this.
  4. tickytocky

tickytocky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Riftan does not care about her, then the Duke will continue to abuse her, either forcing her to marry someone else or abusing her until she dies. She was shocked by the miscarriage news; she assumed Riftan hated her as a result, and she was afraid of seeing him.
    The Duke even threatened her:

"She raised her head, and she felt the hand of the Duke on her shoulder tighten, as if threatening her if she didn’t obey his orders."

Didn't she confront Riftan about her miscarriage after she got back to Anatol? Isn't that the kind of communication we've always wanted? And when they did, it cleared up a lot of misunderstandings.

Love is caring about the other. She loves him, she care for him that she went to the WT to save him from losing everything he had. Why did you say she wasn't sad about his leaving? She was crying for days, and asked about Riftan even before she left the castle. She begged him to let her go and keep telling him how different he was from his mother, and she will be back in three years. But Riftan threatened her, “If you touch me now, I will never let you go. Even if I have to lock you up, I will keep you by my side." Not to mention, she was running out of time as the date to leave for the WT had been set. By hook or by crook, she needs to go, even if Riftan didn't want to see her.

No one, not Ruth, Uslin, or Elliot, could make the sacrifice to save him. They were fighting against her father. What do you think they could do if they could make the sacrifice for Riftan?

She tried her hardest to get back to him. Kim Suji only revealed a little bit of contents of the letters; how did you know Maxi never asked if he was fine?

Riftan was prepared to go on his mission to infiltrate the monster city. Maxi didn't have much time, so she had to rush through her work on the sword ornament. "He's not like that. Maxi responded and began to work seriously." She didn't have time to chat because she was running out of time to make it. But she's never let anyone say anything negative about her husband? Did you get that idea because Maxi only responded 'He's not like that.' to Annette? Maxi defended her husband against Kuahel and Richt on numerous occasions.

If you knew Riftan, he was not the sort to express his affection with words. One of the ways he expresses his love is through his sexual desires. In B2, he didn't touch her since he didn't want her to become tired or pregnant during the expedition. He was so desperate to touch her that he forced Uslin to go when he cockblocked them, but Uslin refused.

You can't claim Riftan doesn't believe Max completely just because he left without saying anything to Maxi. Chapter 110 hasn't even been released yet. Riftan left Ethylene Castle without telling her, and we have no idea why. Most of us assumed he went to check anything something around the castle because the church looks suspicious. Her duty comes first, of course, because the WT wizards are still with her. Just because the war was over didn't mean she could abandon her duties as a wizard, especially after learning about the dark wizards. Once everything is settled and she has officially become Anatol's wizard, no one can force her to do any mission against her will.
    Not even the WT.

I've never seen just one side of this story before. Maxi has never been perfect in my eyes and I've never claimed that everything she did was correct. Just because I'm explaining things to you about Maxi doesn't mean she's perfect. She has a fault of her own, she made mistakes and trying so hard to change herself to be a strong person for her husband. What I'm trying to convey to you is merely a rationale for the story's progression.

You said that reading Maxi's point of view does not mean that's the absolute truth. Is that applied to Riftan's POV too? Because, if you said Maxi wasn't telling the truth, then I guess Riftan too wasn't telling the truth. It's not fair to say that only to Maxi but not to Riftan.

So, what was the point of reading this book again? What good is reading if we can't believe everything that Kim Suji wrote? What's the use of reading if everything she wrote is a lie? What are we doing here anyway? Should we just drop this book?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  5. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dont say she did not care...of course she cares...to whom do you think she is doing it for...if there is another option for her not to leave..i bet she would do that...but their circumstances forbid them to....she has to be tough for both of them...if she does not care she wont be hurt and grieve...even if you ask the whole RDK... They will tell you that riftan is getting way too far on his obsession..
    of course even on marriage you NEED a time out...you both NEED TO BREATHE... they have different set of background and upbringing...riftan and maxi's relationship is not different from real marriage... both need to comprimise....i bet even if it is riftan..you dont want to be with him when he is unreasonable and clingy...its never a good recipe for a good marriage..its SUFFOCATING...even him admits that leaving for the world tower was a wise decision..but even if it was a good decision he NEVER wanted it...and besides dont you want something for yourself too? each and everyone of us has desires...maxi desired to be worthy of riftan to be side by side with him...and maxi also needs to learn to love herself so she can love back...anyway each and everyone has their own opinion...we may have different point of view..i wont force you to believe mine..and will still respect yours..

sahsh_00 likes this.
  6. HappyGnome

HappyGnome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. I just read all of this fiasco about Maximilian being self-centered. To be honest I got annoyed at that. I am actually speechless at other people’s perspectives. I hope you are not trolling. But then again, it’s your opinion.

I just want to highlight that Maximilian is an example of a person who got abused and traumatized when she was at a young age until at a young adult. She doesn’t know how to love someone (probably one of the reasons why they haven’t confessed their feelings yet as both don’t know what love is). Most of her actions are a defense mechanism for her not to get hurt considering she has gone through so much emotionally and physically. All she knew was if she makes a mistake, she gets beaten up. And during this hellish life, she finally found someone, someone she can open up to and that was Riftan. And through Riftan, she found a world where people actually treat her like a person. Although, she was careful at first, trying to 'dip her feet in the water to check the temperature before submerging herself into it.' Throughout her life with Riftan, she experienced new things, and step by step she got to know herself better. She feels safe enough around Riftan that they even had their first fight, she became stubborn, caring, competitive. Her personality was blooming.

Riftan on the other hand had his step-father, Ruth, Triden, then the RDKs throughout his teenage years until now. He had people with him who he can confide in and look up to. In all fairness, Riftan also had his troubles and painful past.

But what I don't get is why Max is being called as self-centered. I don’t get why it was self-centered of her to leave Riftan in book 1. She did it cause she knows what her father is capable of doing and didn’t want to risk Riftan and all the people whom she cares for getting hurt. Sooo… how is that self-centered? The duke had already managed to threaten Riftan to take his spot on the dragon subjugation before, sooooo…. What makes you think he can’t endanger them again considering Riftan was just a knight and her father is a duke that held so much power? Even the King couldn’t do anything.

I mean, she can't literally do everything what her husband tells her to do, bruh, she's her own person. She also has feelings. She's literally trying to run away from that, when all her life, she was forced to do something by her father. That's suffocating. Let the woman breathe.

We can't really compare who had it worst. I would rather see them as two different people, who had a painful past and are trying to love the other person in their own way despite not knowing how to do it. Riftan shows his affection through skin contact + protection and Maxi reciprocating it.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  7. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and there are also things that i dont like about maxi...like how reckless she is..going to war....most people were against riftan but i was riftan all the way...there is no way in hell that i would let maxi join the war ..no matter how good she was...but you know what happened..she drag her ass to the heart of battle...it really irritates me...and she cant think for herself...she knows what will happen but still she followed the will of her father..she needs to learn to stand her ground...but i hope it will happen on the next coming chapters in book 2.

acm and covertcookie like this.
  8. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is novel near complete yet?

9. YesA17

YesA17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish you a happy life full of blessings

I saw there q n a series in .anta

Manta

10. smita.g

smita.g Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in Oak world.
    It started back in June-july ,2021 with an Instagram advertisement of manta . I tried ridi books as well but never succeeded in logging it. I specifically went to my bank to activate international payments so that I could read from ridibooks but in vain.
    From there I search each every link possible to search more chapters on oak since manta updates were super slow. Finally I found this forum and I'm so grateful to this platform. Then came LNH link. I dream about Riftan and maxi oh god I'm so obsessed now

What's the updating schedule

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    Hello5427 likes this.
  11. Pixelbreeze

Pixelbreeze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you need to reread book 1, otherwise whatever everyone says will be pointless.

When Agnes gave Max the offer, she added that she believed Max had the potential to become a talented wizard. And then Max clearly said that her sole focus was on saving her husband, so she can't be happy with her words.

And with your logic that Max wanted to be second version of Agnes, she NEVER did!! When Riftan was about to be put on trial, she thought that it would have been better if he had divorced her and married Agnes instead, because she thought she didn't deserve Riftan.

If you want to hate her so much, nothing can I say.

12. chastity098

chastity098 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. La_Cecilia

La_Cecilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Season 2 of manga will be avaible from 24th of december!!!

14. LSEM123

LSEM123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys will there be a book 3 and is it confirmed?

15. Oaktreepainter

Oaktreepainter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened? Also, what where you aiming to do? Were you using chrome? If you are, you can try refreshing the page so the automatic translate can be activated again. If it still doesn't work, you can manually try to click korean-english or activate it on the three dots located on the top right corner of your screen. Give it a few seconds so it has time to translate words on the page. Tho, some parts really can not be translated. If it still doesn't work :sweating_profusely:, you can try screenshots then load it in an app (I personally use papago) then just familiarize where everything is. But for Under the Oak tree you'll see the book with Riftan & Max on the cover with 상수리나무 아래 as the title. It usually is the #1 book under romance category. Hope this helps!

16. smita.g

smita.g Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not confirmed yet. The author team only mentioned that book 2 will have more 50-55

17. neno97

neno97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi…
    it’s seem I’m having a problem in the site(novel updates)
    The links for all the spoilers in page 1 doesn’t work for me anymore and I don’t know why:cry:
    I used just to press the chapter and it will take me to the spoiler page

rudemoze likes this.
  18. covertcookie

covertcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Source: Manta app (ss not allowed)

Question: "does Under the Oak tree have a happy ending?"

Kim Suji: "Absolutely. I can promise it won't have an open ending with a bad aftertaste, much less a sad ending."

Hello5427, mariannaxx, Ska_D and 7 others like this.
  19. Maia123

Maia123 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, because I’m not agree with you, it doesn’t mean that I don’t understand the book. I just see it from a different point of view. And don’t take it personal, it is just a different opinion. In other hand, it is me who thinks it is pointless going over and over again if you just want to idolize a character. This novel is good because both characters are not perfect. Or tell me, have you ever found any imperfection on Max? So, I’m not longer give you my wonderful opinion. Although, just one more thing for your own peace: I don’t hate her, on the contrary, I really like her. Because I really like her, I want her to become a better person…especially, I don’t want her to lose Riftan because she will not find someone like him

Thanks!!! First person that doesn’t want to “force” me. Looool although you can’t either way. Ehhhhh whatever you are married, I really hope you won’t fix problems by leaving your husband for years. Marriage is not meant to be on distance, and your claiming of “time out”…how do you expect a married couple will work if they only live one year out of seven together? “Time out” on a relationship can’t be of years or even months. Maybe weeks and not even. If you are not with your husband, what’s the point of being married? You are talking like a girlfriend not a wife. I mean, an example of real “time out” is when Max was upset because Riftan misspoke about her and didn’t talk to him for three days until he apologized. Let’s see it in a different view, if the “time out” is ok, do you think Riftan’s behaviour of not talking to Max is ok? Because he really needs a “time out”.

And again, leaving to the Tower wasn’t the mistake. It was leaving him behind with no consolation or trying to convince him…nothing. Riftan explained it: she just step out and left. It doesn’t matter if he was in pain. She didn’t care his pain. You said she did…how? Did she try something? She was leaving him for his duties, not for him. Don’t get that mistake

20. juujuririi

juujuririi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't snu snu cause fuc**ing USLIN

what side stories? I'm reading on ridi and there were no such chapters :/

no specific update sched, but the chaps on it are in sync with the chapters in ridi books. Right now, it's on chapter 52/ 109

no specific update sched, but the chaps on it are in sync with the chapters in ridi books. Right now, it's on chapter 52/ 109

Thanks for telling me that, I'll take it down asap.