Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. IceQueenRinne1234

IceQueenRinne1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ainosz
    thank you angel!! :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobhero::blobhero:
    waiting 4 the moment when riftan finally meets the girl he was dwelling on 4 living and when he falls 4 her!! :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobhero::blobhero::blobhighfive::blobhighfive::bloblove::bloblove:blobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbs
    thanks a lot angel!!!! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhighfive::blobhighfive:

uchay and Deleted member 193872 like this.
  2. hiddencholic

hiddencholic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading spoilers on Riftan's POV makes re-reading the first arc very bittersweet. Just read the part Maxi first smiled at him :blob_teary:. The happiness Riftan must have felt when he saw that in contrast to her always trembling and looking scared in his presence.

Thank you for the spoilers @ainosz! :aww:

uchay and crumpetlover like this.
  3. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I always count their age and feel so bad for both especially riftan he wanted to have kids with her when he married her at 25 but now he is 32 and still dosent have kids he would probably have more than two kids by now :cry::(

4. NoshinB

NoshinB Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stayed up from 12am-2am reading all these spoilers ️️ thanks sm everyone

Quick question, has the author said anything on when they plan on coming back? Or is it an indefinite hiatus for now?

5. hazelphilly

hazelphilly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's so sad how the time they spent together as a married couple is less than the time they are apart :blob_teary:

6. AmirDBM

AmirDBM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still waiting for Riftan and Maxi spoiler after 3 years separating see each other

samanthajan and Paulabigail like this.
  7. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou ao much for the spoiler @ainosz sama :bloblove::bloblove:
    I will chew the information little by little

8. Callmedipstick

Callmedipstick New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I made an account for this thread because I have a question for @ainosz about what happens in part 2. Before I ask, I have to relay that I come in peace. I’ve already seen the flame and all the rudeness flying around in the comments so I’m almost afraid to ask, but I’m just honestly curious about something I couldn’t find. My question is about the initial reunion after the magic tower, which someone already got yelled for, but I specifically want to know about the circumstances that followed, particularly the part you mentioned that Maxi began to realize that Riftan had developed some trauma over finding her covered in blood and broken twice in a row, then feeling like he’d been abandoned by her, which I don’t think she fully grasped from reading the 193 spoiler. I just wanted some more meat and context around those scenes so I could better understand what led up to them reconciling, because from my understanding they’re still in the process and haven’t really entirely gotten back together, sex uninvolved, the spoilers seem to tell me that they’re not on the same page emotionally still, but that’s part of why I want to know a bit more about this. More than anything, I wanna know if it leaned fluff or tragic, because I’m an absolute wh*re for suffering and this story is like cocaine in that regard, with a good amount of wholesomeness to set the stage for more pain. Honestly, I don’t see a happy ending, but I’m certain this won’t end up a bad story even if it goes full tragedy.

Finally, thanks so much for all the spoilers and translations from @ainosz and everyone else, I had a lot of fun seeing what others thought about this great story.

carmelle, Morrigan_, sepheddy and 5 others like this.
  9. Deleted member 266071

Deleted member 266071 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    @ainosz Wow. I've only read up to ch 153 and stopped because I wanted to wait until it was completed, but I suddenly had the urge to continue reading it after looking through your spoilers. Tyty:sushi_thankyou:

10. thejobbernowl

thejobbernowl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to give something of my take on this because I caught up to the raws awhile ago and I want to blab all my feelings about it somewhere lmao. The series doesn't really lean tragedy in my opinion but has a good mix of everything. It has a lot of lighthearted and sweet moments in part two even though they’re in the middle of a war and Riftan and Max often have trouble finding themselves on the same page. Both Max and Riftan have trouble trusting each other fully. Like we’re at 6/7 years down the line of them being married (though admittedly an extremely small percentage of that has been spent together) and Max has never told him that she loves him. Riftan has never really talked to her about his past and shuts her down when she tries. To me, this is a story of two broken and lonely people learning how to love and trust and bring down all the walls between each other and it’s a long road to get there. Their relationship is very flawed and it is acknowledged frequently in canon as being so.

Riftan runs hot and cold with Max because he’s scared of the power she holds over him. To a certain extent he’s always been like that. He wants to forget about her, he wants to cut her off and he never believes that he’s good for her but he’s just NOT capable of ever shaking her even a little bit from his heart. He’s deeply, deeply afraid of rejection or losing her. Max essentially is the entire embodiment of Riftan’s happiness and he doesn’t know how he would keep on living without her. That’s why you see Riftan absolutely losing his mind and being obsessive and controlling whenever he sees any threat around her (which includes Max herself being reckless which happens frequently). It's also why he puts space between them and lashes out sometimes--he's trying to protect himself (and her from him) the only way he can think of since he has so little control around her.

Max, on the other hand, has grown past being a sheltered useless little girl and Riftan can’t stop her from doing anything that she wants to do. She has this whole character journey of going from weak to strong and at nearly every point on the way Riftan is against it. Even now, I think she still can't fully grasp how much she means to Riftan since she grew up as "nothing". While to him nothing truly matters except for her. This is the road we’re still traveling in part two--and I doubt we’re close to reaching the real end of it though consistent progress keeps being made along the way.

11. IceQueenRinne1234

IceQueenRinne1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is so deep!!!!
    and romantic!!!!
    uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :blobsob: :blobsob: :blob_patpat: :blob_patpat:

uchay, sweetaneng and Avery Very like this.
  12. Ang20

Ang20 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG, I want to hug the child Riftan and the child Maxi, they deserve all the love in the world, i'm crying, it's beautiful. Thank you, @ainosz

max211 and Irisia like this.
  13. Missy2894

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, this is really heartbreaking :blobsneeze::blobsneeze:
    Both of them are insecure towards each other, i hope the novel continuation will soon being published
    This is the number one list of the novel i am curious about

SingSungPa likes this.
  14. AmirDBM

AmirDBM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit this is the perfect word to describe them!

15. Missy2894

Reading List:
    Link
    You said it all bro! This is just what i am thinking in my head and feel in my heart but i can't put it in words :blobsneeze::blobsneeze:

16. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Woahhh your explanation is the best well done

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    esa_nena, sepheddy, layyu and 4 others like this.
  17. Callmedipstick

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, that does answer my question a bit because it felt like there was a narrative gap between them reuniting and where the author had to take hiatus. I can see now it’s a slow burn, from the spoilers it seemed like there was a lot more happening between them. I was looking for those little moments, but I understand what you’re saying so I’ll wait patiently. The story’s narrative definitely makes a bit more sense to me now though, thank you for responding. I hope we get to see them able to begin properly reconciling once the chapters begin again. They’ve still got a really unhealthy relationship everything said, and I’m not sure if they’ll be able to cope with world events properly while remaining together. That’s why I was really interested in Maxi’s revelations, because I want her to take the proactive role in their relationship so that Riftan has the chance to grow through her like she did through him.

edit: I forgot to say thank you for responding... Thank you for responding.

18. Callmedipstick

Reading List:
    Link
    this is super on point, but I disagree heavily on the tragedy point. This reads to me as a tragedy through and through. It’s not really dripping with sorrow, but the best tragedies usually don’t. It’s got massive potential for a devastating upset in so many ways; both the characters history and the world events are screaming at me, and the wholesomeness and good feelings so prevalent in other parts of the story drives it home. Imo, that’s what makes a really good tragedy: the illusion that everything really might work out, only for the dream to shatter. That’s what I see happening. That said, your analysis of their relationship is awesome, it’s definitely an uphill struggle for them to properly communicate; even though they’re both being honest with themselves about how much they love the other, they’ve taken a step back from n their relationship.

19. Callmedipstick

Reading List:
    Link
    @ainosz I have no access to part 2, I can’t find translations outside of this chat for it, but honestly, I just lost a lot interest from that spoiler; not that I was set on a tragedy, but the tension and uncertainty of their future was part of what drew me in.If I know it’ll end happily...
    I was reading into the fact that they had a dysfunctional relationship in the middle of a war while two relatively unexplored male leads are galavanting around. In my experience, you don’t have multiple male leads unless you plan on some serious drama. Thanks for the spoilers, but now I’m kind of bummed out about this story. At least it’s well written tho.

IceQueenRinne1234 likes this.
  20. Callmedipstick

Reading List:
    Link
    Just thought I’d come back and add that there was no flame in my other comment. This is a first for me, I’ve never minded spoilers ever, but I suppose there’s a difference between the written and unwritten end that I wasn’t aware of before now.