Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. MissuzCalypse

MissuzCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, just imagine what Riftan is feeling right now.

He is now a noble. Only noble families have house of crests. In medieval times, all noble families create their own crest for people who can't read.

He should stop belittling himself by now, cause he and maxi belong to each other. He proved his stepfather wrong... awww. Indeed, looking up made Riftan wretched at first. But now, look at him.

He stopped looking up AT her, and instead decided to stay right beside her forever.

Go , Riftan!

We know that Reuben allowed this because 1. Duhh, Riftan sacrificed so much for his ass i mean Whedon haha. 2.) ANATOL IS RICH NOW and he cant ignore that 3.) I hate to say this but in order for Riftan to be recognized as Commander in Chief, he has to appease the conservative nobles, especially the northern peeps... and he solved that because now he is a noble, too.

Gosh... this chapter was so cool. And ig just dawned on me.

Hahahhaha here we go again with crazy theories. Haha that's pretty cool. And that's right because in medieval times, the crest symbols are there to point out the strength, values of the family --- and their target are people who can't read aka commoners.

It just shows that Calypse Family values honor, duty, and oath. Damn, mine is crazy! Three kids? Hahhaa ksj be laughing at us right now.

2. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    of course it always in honor to his wife...and also to the red dragon that he slained ...

UTOTLove and Sa12Ben18 like this.
  3. UTOTLove

UTOTLove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give us a brief summary of the new chapter?? Im a little confused with previous highlights.... Why is Riftan being recognized? Will he be finally leading the army? And how does Maxi family symbol come to play, is she just thinking about it?.... Sorry im just trying to understand what else is going on aside from her training... :hmm::notlikeblob:

MissuzCalypse likes this.
  4. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    I have my summary at page 330. You can check that out but to answer your questions

1. Riftan is now the commander in chief aka he's leading the alliances in this expedition, not Richt.

2. About the family crest, it is Maxi's and Riftan's family crest. Calypse is now considered a noble family. He will be earning the title of earl/count (theyre the same).

All the angels highlights, including mine, are pretty straight to the point because KSJ writes this chapter as succinct as possible. Hahaha and thats when you know, crazy things are going to happen in the upxoming war. And im so excited!

she goes like, they will arrive in Eastern region in a week, they camped at this forest bla bla. There's no significant conversation during their travel, it's really fast. She focused the heart-stopping scenes and convos during the first part with maxi and riftan and ruth.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  5. the english writer

the english writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw, you summed Kuahel up absolutely brilliantly, and now I love him even more! You are so right, he is special, and like you, I'm very attached to him, and in books 1 and 2, the scenes with him and Maxi are some of my favourites. I still re-read them because the dynamic between them is something else, not necessarily romantic, but he clearly has huge respect for her. Moving forward, I'm interested to see if there is another reason for this, or if it's simply because she's amazing x

Yes, I remember that part, because she was quite surprised he'd bothered to check on her.

6. UTOTLove

UTOTLove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya he would :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HOORAY!!!! It's like a dream come true for this big family! :cry::cry:
    Thanks

iThanks
    I Agree!! I can see most of us are having that same thoughts..... Even though Maxi is in the back, that will be just for a matter of time. She will do an outstanding Job in the rear and then.... She will have to come to the front lines or just get involve somehow to play the BIG roles (as she did last war) and that will be when the front line cannot attach these wizards! because: HELLO! We already establish attack magic and direct combat attacks don't really work much here! its a magic War against these wizards!!
    So she will be play a huge role with her Golem formula and she will Finally understand how great and valuable she is! (y)
    Of course they will have to really use attack magic and lots of man power if the wizards succeed in resurrecting the dragon and overall if they have monsters traveling with them, but lets hope that's not the case.
    Besides.. im hoping that wont happen bc we already have to get rid of the powerful wizards and fight against them while trying to destroy their formulas, which wont be easy, and the book is near then end, so... I rather have a fast war then a fast life in Anatol for the ending ;) don't y'all think?

7. Angelamem1

Angelamem1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need to say thanks for all your comments and theories.
    THANK YOU ALL, YOU'RE AWESOME.

I just have an urge to explain, that a healthy pregnancy won't result in spontaneous abortion if someone falls. If there is a miscarriage under trauma circumstances is because this trauma compromises the mother's life. The classic drama story about a villainess pushing a pregnant woman and making her fall through the stairs, it's just that, drama. Spontaneous abortion comes in most cases due to fetal chromosomal abnormalities (this is not about running out of mana;)), for example, anembryonic or molar pregnancies, or, because of a woman's chronic diseases. But as far as I know, Max is healthy.

So, my thoughts are that Maximillian might be pregnant, but it's too early, and she could go to war and fight without risking the life of the baby, this is why it is so important that she puts her life first, before Riftan's if something happens, in this point I disagree with you, part of Max's character development is this, and she must fulfill her promise. (If someone watched "The Wheel of Time", an important character was fighting and kicking a**es while pregnant).

The other thing is that we'll see our baby Kuahel Leon until Max and Riftan arrive at their destination, so, please don't despair. And if something happens to Ruth as someone theorizes, I'm going to protest... please don't touch him.

8. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah and I want to see maxi and quahel reunion. I'm pretty sure Maxi is a little worried for him since they've already created a bond. If this happens, i hope to see another jealous Riftan. Hahaha

But most importantly, I am excited to see the ugly duke's reaction when he sees maxi snd riftan...

9. spookymallow

spookymallow Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Duke has the capacity to crush the spirit of people around him with his conniving evilness and lying mouth, on the pretense of maintaining the honor of the Croix family name.
    I would like for him to writhe with shame at the realization that he lost control over Max and the power to manipulate them to serve his purpose.
    That AND he gets eaten by werewolves, or gets to prison for crimes of treason against the Royal family and forgotten whatever.

Edit: Im sorry, I'm seething with so much hatred for this guy.

zel__, Tiniecarrot, nilreader and 5 others like this.
  10. vampress

vampress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yaaaas! The duke will get his karma soon! Btw I legit don't know how to post a picture here. I've been trying for awhile but I suck at it. But here's a link to an awesome artwork I found.
    https://twitter.com/hekaptah_orz/status/1467171384191160334?t=WcSZJeyOXi4ra8fR8yDmHg&s=19
    The rope symbolizes the Duke's control over Maxi and Rosetta wants to cut the rope with Maxi. Its so beautiful :aww:

11. Bibidia

Bibidia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the replies guys, I tried to find the tiktok again but couldn't. But I guess it was a lie and just speculation.

12. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh the Duke will hide as soon as he sees Riftan from a distance. Hahaha

zel__, UTOTLove, nilreader and 4 others like this.
  13. wanderer1602

wanderer1602 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In UTOT universe Riftan is now a Lord and will be granted new title as a Count. What is the hierarchy of these noble title? From lord , count, duke, etc anyone knows?

Btw i noticed in book 2 Riftan seldom calls Maxi's name isn't it? In the first book he often calls her "Maxi" and i find it so cute.

zel__, Tiniecarrot, Schuyler and 3 others like this.
  14. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I am pretty sure KSJ followz medieval nobility hierarchy for this so here's how it goes. I wont add emperor cause that's a given but in the story there's none. Cause Roem fell huhu

Title - Examples
    • King/Queen - King Reuben
    • Crown Prince/Princess - Prince Elias
    • Grand Duke - (dont know really if ugly duke is grand duke or not, but grand duke should be a royal blood - directly related to the current royal family so im betting he is not cause his family is just previous kings before)
    • Archduke - Archduke Aren
    • Duke/Duchess - Duke Croix, Duke Verden
    • Marquess/Marchioness -
    • Earl/Countess - Riftan, also Roben, also USLIN's Father
    • Viscount/Viscountess - Triden (RDK ex-leader)
    • Baron/Baroness -
    • Vassal - the guy who broke the news that one daughter of the duke is engaged - Riftans pov , also previous Riftan (note: vassal is pretty much anyone who was given a land by a Lord/a noble... Riftan was considered a Vassal mainly because he was given a fief by King Reuben so yeah, it's nice to be part of RDK)
    • Knight - Hebaron baby

I had to take note that Lord - refers to anyone with a land/fief so it's really broad.. every noble is kinda called a lord lol. May it be marquess, earls, etc. I remember in GOT, even the lannisters are called My Lord or My lady so it's just a way of ADDRESSING these nobles.

So in OAK world, the Duke of Croix is called a Lord/ Duke of Croix and his vassal is the talkative guy in Riftan's POV. However, that vassal is also called Lord by the people he oversees. I mean that's what I know.

Riftan is a vassal of King Reuben, but he is a Lord to the people of Anatol, same as the earlier guy. King Reuben is not called a Lord but Your Majesty.

But now that he's a count, Riftan is still called a Lord/Count Calypse. (Count dracula lol jk)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    zel__, Tiniecarrot, Amya and 13 others like this.
  15. vampress

vampress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's basically
    Emperor
    King
    Grand Duke
    Archduke
    Duke
    Marquess
    Count
    Viscount
    Baron
    Baronet
    Lord
    Knight

zel__, Tiniecarrot, Amya and 10 others like this.
  16. wanderer1602

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaahh i get it now. Thankyou so much for the explanation
    Riftan absolutely deserved his new position now <3

Thankyou for the explanation

zel__, Tiniecarrot and MissuzCalypse like this.
  17. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome! He is so cool, imagine the jump he made? Three positions up!
    Unfortunately, i don't think he can be a marquis because in order to be one, your territory must be in the border against a different country. Cmiiw. Marquis are the ones who will start to defend the country from disputes becauze theyre in the literal border. Lol

So Riftan should jump to KING haHhahahHh

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    zel__, Tiniecarrot, Amya and 3 others like this.
  18. wanderer1602

Reading List:
    Link
    I KNOW RIIGGHHTTTT so proud of him and Maxi
    But whatever it is I just hope that they live happily in Anatol, with their future kids (or kid) #proceedtocryinthecorner
    Lately im so engrossed in this novel omg i give up my social live lol

Thankyou for sharing, you guys are so cool <3

19. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    Or maybe a duke would be nice. ♡ EITHER WAY, youre right, i hope they can just live happily and stress-free in Anatol.

20. Larisaaa

Larisaaa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok thanks for helping! But it's korean there right?there is not an eglish version anywhere?
    Guess I jìhave to wait they recognixe my ID XDXD

I actually discovered it as webtoon and then switched to the novel. But the webtoon is so slow, they publish one chapter per month it'll take years uff I love the draws

I gave up my social life tooo sometimes i read all night long, loved it <3<3<3

ChezcaAnne and wanderer1602 like this.