Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be interesting, perhaps Gabel is son of one of Triden's comerades that died prematurely and placed his son under Triden's care :hmm: And this is so sweet that Gabel gave his geth (or whatever it was called) to Triden's wife :blobmelt:
    Again theories running wild XD

Rogue83 and Sa12Ben18 like this.
  2. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a great theory. Sad, dramatic with a happy ending.

Hmm now another theory of mine. Gabel is the only one we haven't heard from all this time. Coincidence? Probably not. Who knows. Later he's the traitor Riftan trusted but now he's not ha ha ha (evil laugh:blobspy::blobdevil::sneaky:).

3. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe, but again I think KSJ would give some motive behind the traitor, we know so little about Gabel to clearly pinpoit his potential motive, Ruth would seem more plausible :blobowoevil_horns: Anyway I still hope it's not one of the RDK(my heart would break) and rather it's King Reuben or even Agnes

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    wanderer1602, Rogue83 and Sa12Ben18 like this.
  4. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe me too, I just love to make theories with an evil smile. Hahaha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Somehow I would love it if Traiden and Riftan's stepfather including family would appear in the story again. The boy was eight at the time in Riftan's POV, or so he should be 15 now, so he could turn up as a squire somewhere.

Agnes would be kind of great. We would just need a reason for her. By being a wizard, she is already more independent than other women. Maybe the theory that she holds a grudge against the church that hunted the wizards, she would be psychologically influenced so to speak, but I see her more as a sacrifice to the dragon because of her fire mama. Dramatically, she could also be deliberately sacrificing herself to control the dragon. Totally crazy.

Rogue83 and EnterYourNickname like this.
  5. HolyCannoli

HolyCannoli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I recently discovered Under the Oak Tree and devoured all of book one and as much of book two that exists so far. I’ve been loving all of the fan theories on this forum, so I thought I’d contribute one of my own regarding Uigur and the Nymph.

Since new chapters twice a week on Ridibooks hasn’t been enough to satisfy my obsession at the moment, I started rereading book one. I just got to the part where Agnes takes Maxi to the spring festival in Anatol. Agnes bought Maxi a red belt and a flower crown. Interestingly, Maxi describes having an “ominous” feeling when Agnes placed the flower crown on her head.

:eek::eek::eek:Dun, dun, dun...

So what if… Agnes is the Nymph, Maxi is Sir Uigur, and Riftan is the Dragon?

Agnes and Maxi at spring festival would fit with the references to the Nymph giving Sir Uigur a crown and a belt. Now I know Uigur is supposed to be in love with the Nymph... So far, Maxi is clearly more jealous of Agnes than in love with Agnes. However, if Agnes does something heroic in the last battle – like Agnes sacrificing herself to save Riftan – I could see how Maxi would “love” Agnes for the rest of her days.

As Riftan officially made Maxi part of the Remdragon Knights, that would also fit with Maxi being Sir Uigur. And then given how Riftan is constantly associated with Dragons, it doesn’t seem like too much of a stretch for Riftan to be the Dragon that Uigur asks to take the Nymph’s body to better place.

Edit here, because my first explanation was legit confusing: I don't think Maxi will fall for Agnes romantically, but may gain some platonic love for Agnes at the end of the book. Riftan and Maxi would still get a happy ending.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    Angelamem1 likes this.
  6. MissuzCalypse

MissuzCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True! I completely agree with all the angels here that are saying UTOT should be an anime! Haha and i do think we will have that soon. Let me tell you why later.

Also, knowing how good Korean films and series are, I believe Koreans wont let this masterpiece be passed on and adapted to Hollywood. They will do it if they want to… it’s just that I think, if they’ll put it into live action, they’ll tweak the setting and turn it into a historical fantasy drama instead. But again, it will still lie under the jurisdiction/comments of Korean fans and readers.

I think some of you have heard already, but Remarried Empress was RUMORED to be adapted into a series by Studio N since 2020 with Korean fans sharing their fave actors who can play the role. https://www.kpopmap.com/find-out-ko...-adaptation-of-webtoon-the-remarried-empress/ But ofcourse, they’ll change the setting and until now, Studio N hasnt released any news about the cast or when they will start filming.

Okay now for the theory of UTOT becoming an anime… ahem.. Look at Solo Levelling Webtoon, it is also RUMORED to release the anime soon. i mean that’s a VERY VERy popular webtoon HAVING at least 2.4 MILLION KOREAN READERS… that’s excluding international fans okay Hahahaha

Maybe if UTOT will gain that much readers and fans, we will have our anime soon. And I believe with how popular UTOT is going, my intuition is saying we will have that!!! Maybe after the webtoon/manhwa is finished, they’ll start the production of the anime.

Uhm actually, if you look at the anime version of UTOT in ailee’s OST, you can see that everyone’s faces became a little bit Asian and I love it still. They tweaked sicut vis drawings to kinda fit Asian Features, especially Maxi’s. So yeah, if this will be adapted to a series, we will expect it to be played by Korean actors and acrtresses.

But I dont want toooooo, hahahhaa Anime series for the win still! CDD77052-2554-4D82-8220-022F61A739A8.jpeg E52AFCA1-D780-4B62-BD08-C89CB0173041.jpeg

i dont know why but this anime Version of Riftan looks like a little bit like Kim soo hyun cause of the thick brows probably…
    D3C48B83-D7BD-45FB-9DEE-BDABE7E90060.jpeg D7CE85C0-E541-4439-AA9F-D74A54086A78.jpeg CA091A33-F3AA-4FBC-8C64-37CB48667344.jpeg

7. Marunalu

Marunalu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry no offense but... I think thats farfetched and VERY unlikely to happen. The author promised us a happy ending. No one would see it as a happy ending if maxi all of a sudden falls in love with agnes of all people and then wants to dump riftan, so she can be with agnes, or choose to stay with riftan in an unhappy marriage. Espicially because we know the story is close to the end. That makes zero sense and would upset literally 99,9999999...% of the fanbase. Maxi is MADLY in love with riftan, NO ONE no matter if man or woman will ever win maxis heart. She doesnt even like agnes that much and is constantly jealous of her when she is to close to riftan, not the other way around. Also agnes has zero connection with anatol, the oak tree or the legend and doesnt care one bit about this things. Her powers are fire based, while the nymph is an TREE spirit, while maxis powers are earth and water based, so what a tree needs to survive, while fire would kill it. On the festival agnes and maxi danced with all the other woman together and not alone. After riftan snitched maxi away, they had a make out and agnes gave zero fucks. She and maxi NEVER shared an intime moment together that could even in smallest way hint that there are romantic feelings involved. And it was Riftan and maxi who made each other crones as children, both of them listen to the song of the legend more then once, both of them only love and desire each other. The manhwa made sure to show that uigru and the nymph look similar to riftan and maxi. Sorry but your theory has zero change of happening and would be just so cruel to riftan, who is literally not able to fall in love with someone else and its the same with maxi. Also the only connection riftan has with dragons is that he killed one and that his knights order is named after one.

UTOTLove and Sa12Ben18 like this.
  8. HolyCannoli

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh geeze... I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I'm not saying Maxi will fall in love with Agnes romantically. I specifically said that if Agnes does something heroic - like Agnes sacrifices herself to save Riftan - then Maxi would (patonically) love Agnes for her deeds. Also... If Agnes is the nymph and is the one that dies, that would mean Riftan and Maxi would still have their happily-ever-after ending.

9. Marunalu

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I see. Still no change of happening in my eyes. Agnes has no connection with the legend, the oak tree or anatol and shows zero signs of interest. She wanted to go to the festival, because she wanted to have fun, not because she feels a connection to the story or the place. And agnes saving riftan would just make maxi feel miserable again, because she was not able to protect riftan herself. A big point of maxis journey and grow is that she learns, that she doesnt have to be like agnes and that she is just as powerful as her, even if she doesnt have agnes fire powers. Seeing agnes safe riftan and even die because of that, would just hammer down to maxi again, that she cant do anything and is worthless and not as great as agnes. Riftan always is the one that safes maxi, now its her time to shine and safe him. no one should take that from her.

Also the relationship between uigru and the nymph was romantic and both were DEEPLY in love with each other. What kind of sense would it make if in their next life uigrus reincarnation falls in love with the reincarnation of the dragon, instead of the nymphs? Feels like their love wasnt that great.

There are simply far to many hints that the reincarnations are riftan and maxi and agnes being the nymph makes no sense storywise and would be an asspull. (Sorry for the language :p)

10. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    still fighting for Uigru - Riftan and Nymph - Maxi. HAHAHA and #RuthDragon, not #TraitoRuth

Agnes is just a side character for a reason. lol hahahhaha gosh I hope she has a redeeming arc in the upcoming chapters. cause to be honest, even if she helped Riftan in the investigation of the priests issue, I still don’t completely like her… sometimes she’s helpful, sometimes she’s not.

I think she’s just going to help them fight in this upcoming war, that’s all. she’s not gonna fulfill any legend or anything, maybe she can be considered also a hero after this war but that’s about it.

11. HolyCannoli

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just thinking Agnes saving Riftan as an example. Agnes could save Maxi/RDK/ etc, etc. Just something to make Maxi grateful that she and Riftan are still alive and can have a future together. I know that the legend assumes that Uiger and the Nymph have romantic love for eachother, but it's possible to have deep platonic love for someone.

I'm sure the author is going to give Maxi a major hero moment (or several) so hopefully that will keep Maxi from feeling inadequate. Hoepfully part of Maxi's charachter development will just include some internalized self-worth. Hopefully she'll stop beating herself up all the time!

Regarding Riftan and the Dragon -- I just keep thinking about how Quahel said that Riftan could think like a monster.... which gives a little credence to him being the dragon.

I have a feeling the author naming all of these male knights the Reincarnations of Uigru is a red herring.

UTOTLove, Rogue83 and MissuzCalypse like this.
  12. Marunalu

Reading List:
    Link
    The relationship between uigru and the nymph wasnt platonic though. They had sex and wanted to be with each other forever and when the nymph died in uigrus arms he was so heartbroken that he flew to the heaven (suicide?) With the dragon. So again uigrus reincarnation falling in love with the dragon instead of the nymph, when in his past life their relationship was 100% romantic and not platonic makes no sense from a storytelling view.

Agnes is a side character and of no great importance to the story, except if she turns out to be the traitor. She is just there for maxi to overcome her own selfdoubt.

I think its possible that maxi is uigru and riftan the nymph, even when I still hope and believe its the other way around. Maxi has more connections with the nymph and riftan with uigru (the same gender is not the point here). So if its the other way around, I have the feeling the author used this hints as red herrings or that she just wanted to include a twist for a twists sake.

If someone is the reincarnation of the dragon its most likely ruth. Powerful magican, has great knowledge and is very wise, way older then he looks like, silver hair, his main power is wind based, lives in a tower and is greedy for money :ROFLMAO: can also take control of other monsters that are dragon like.

13. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    this is a cool theory! but personally, if I am really thinking of a reincarnation character for Agnes, I am not really sure if she fits Uigru… to be honest, she can be a fit for DARIAN. lol i mean if you’re really adamant in giving her an reincarnation stuff.

(still fighting for Maxi as Nymph and Darian for this upcoming war arc lol but let’s open our options for the sake of the Agnes reincarnation conversation)

Darian is said to be a great leader but with no martial arts ability. agnes is the leader of whedon army but she is not a great martial artist, as seen in her practice with Uslyn in Book 1.

Darian has a freewheeling and unpredictable personality. Agnes is definitely freewheeling and unpredictable —- hahaha to the point where she embarrasses her aides. She is also said to be like a storm wherever she goes, as mentioned by Hebaron.

Darian is said to have a very charismatic personality… remember, Manipulators also have a great charismatic personality hahahhaha
    Agnes can jive with anyone, and she is pretty good in manipulating others. lol! i hate her for that.

But yeah, I feel like she isn’t uigru… more like one of the HEROES and if we are going bigger, maybe DARIAN.

but I doubt it hahahhahaha let’s see later.

Edited: Uigru left Emperor Darian after the war ended. He returned to his lover - the nymph. If we try to imagine, what would you feel if you were Darian and your greatest knight left the empire when you are already starting to build it? haha im pretty sure he was a little upset but happy for his trusted knight.

The main reason why Agnes is adamant also to save Riftan in the Trial in Book 1 is because she wants to keep Riftan in their jurisdiction, Whedon, right? Maybe this is her subconscious as Darian lol, keeping a trusted knight in her kingdom cause that’s not what the Old Darian did. Old Darian let his trusted knight go, but this time the New Darian who is Agnes did all the manipulation to keep him. hahahahhahaha

and in the end of this war, Whedon will be the center of power. And Uigru Riftan and Maxi Nymph will be together forever, in a peaceful kingdom/dukedom which is anatol. because AGNES and Royal family is pretty much happy their trusted vassal will not go anywhere.

hahahahhahah okay Im going too far. lol

wait let’s see how good she is in the chapter later… since the war on undead in Darund is ongoing. i hope we see her powers in action!

14. HolyCannoli

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just fun to speculate. There are so many ways it could go still - just goes to show how good the author is.

Love your description of Ruth btw: cunning, old, tower-of-solitue, loves some coin. Perfect description! :blobsmirk: Still my favorite character!

Sa12Ben18, Rogue83 and Marunalu like this.
  15. Marunalu

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I agree, the speculating is really fun, I will miss that after the book is finished.

Yep ruth is the best! Also forever my favorite character, with riftan and maxi close after him.

Sa12Ben18, Rogue83 and HolyCannoli like this.
  16. HolyCannoli

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was thinking Agnes would be the Nymph that dies. Because the nymph gave Uigru the belt and the crown, right? Or do I have that backwards.

Also, I keep seeing folks post info about Darian and the 12 Kights with a fair amount of character/ personality detail. I don't remember all that is the book-- did I totally miss that in the book? :unsure: (Internally cringing if I did!) Or were there extras written about them somehwere else?

UTOTLove, Rogue83 and MissuzCalypse like this.
  17. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    it’s written in KSJ’s blog. I remember an angel shared it here. I think it’s @Sa12Ben18 !!!

KSJ wrote the personalities and info and what happened to the 12 Heroes and Darian <3 once you read that, you can make a few assumptions on their plausible reincarnations.

I think it should be Maxi. She gave him a flower crown and a sword ornament.

18. Marunalu

Reading List:
    Link
    I only remember that the nymph gave him the flower crone and and sword ornament as a lucky charm. Maxi did both of this things for riftan. The flower crone as a child and the ornament after she visited the market of anatol the first time and later she makes him a new one all by herself. Cant remember the signifiance of the belt right now or if there even was one. I think the belt was just a tradionell thing, weared only by maidens or something like that.

The informations about darian and his knights and empire are mostly background informations posted by the author and also in riftans pov novel.

19. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    actually in the manhwa, Hebby told Maxi that the sword ornament is a Nymph’s blessing of protection to whoever wore it. So this is kind of a foreshadowing for Maxi, cause she gave that to Riftan. Maybe the nymph also gave one to Uigru before.

Guys picking up on my crazy theory of Darian Agnes hahahahhaha

Remember the scene in Book 1 where Agnes is very curious about Maxi when she visited Anatol? and she mentioned about being curious of what the Mahgo is willing to sacrifice his life for and she keeps looking at Maxi curiously or weirdly.

it’s kinda like Darian subconsciously speaking, hahaha is this NYMPH the reason why my most trusted knight left me and my kingdom? hahaha very interesting.

And RDK keeps on telling that Riftan and Agnes look good together in the battlefield cause that’s what Darian and Uigru maybe be like.

but yeah, ending this crazy theory.

will be here later for summary!!!

20. HolyCannoli

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I'll have to check those out!

Rogue83 and MissuzCalypse like this.