Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. the english writer

the english writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am absolutely loving Maxi and Elliot together! Wow, what a team! I feel like we're really seeing what Elliot's capable of, not just his kind, gentle side, but his fierce, assertive side as a knight. I love how she trusts him.

2. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh I'm looking forward to the manwah with the part of Elliot's muscles. Oh man. I'm so happy right now and soooo excited to see what's next. Is the angel of death a message that Riftan looked at.

Shendee90, Earthyyy4, shake65 and 4 others like this.
  3. the english writer

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! I thought the same about the description of Elliot's muscles, I was like, wow, calm me down!

4. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I'm so proud of him. haha

5. Flyinghigh79

Flyinghigh79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like that Maxi isnt doing anything reckless. Im glad she is taking Riftans advice and working as a team instead of trying to solve all the problems herself.

SinFulHun, Shendee90, QJgunth and 9 others like this.
  6. MissuzCalypse

MissuzCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    trueeee! love the character developmentttttt!

7. the english writer

Reading List:
    Link
    There were a couple of weird and ominous things mentioned in this chapter - the Angel of Death, and the dead lizardman's opulent uniform??? I'm looking forward to finding out more, but at the same time I'm getting incredibly nervous.

Sorry to go on about Elliot's muscles again lol, but I absolutely love KSJ's descriptions of these men. She's brilliant at describing Kuahel and making him come to life, and now Elliot. I could see every bit of his arm stretching, and muscle pulling taut, as if I were standing beside him and Maxi.

8. MissuzCalypse

MissuzCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i was drooling cause I was really imagining elliot doing the work! ahhhhh hahahha

uhm, the angel of death reference is how riftan looks like while he was in the cathedral. He was holding a sword in one hand and a torch in the other hand which is kinda reminiscent of the angel of death. KSJ is telling us Riftan looks like an angel that punishes sinners.

5C98F854-DF13-478E-8806-FC39ACD67157.jpeg
    (c) Gustav Moreau - The park and the angel of Death

Looks like KSJ likes to take references from artists whose name starts with Gustav. hehe
    223F7C23-BF44-4411-A2CC-4E04B6B0E10F.jpeg
    (c) Gustav Klimt - The Kiss

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  9. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
    I am in an online meeting and have to hide my grin hahaha.
    I just fell more and more in love with Elliot hahaha.:oops::blobnosebleed::blobmelt::aww:

10. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 151. At first i was skeptical with Elliott when he brought Maxi further from the main unit.. i thought he was going to kidnap n kill her or something because he might be the traitor in RDK :ROFLMAO:. But i was totally wrong because it was just a strategy to confuse n hide from the enemies.. and he saved them both by stylishly killing the necromancer from veryyy far. Great job Elliott & Maxi duo. No wonder Riftan entrusted Maxi in Elliott’s hands.

Amya, na3_no3h, Flyinghigh79 and 4 others like this.
  11. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
    Hihi on Twitter I read a commenta saying "if Elliot is already so good at archery, how good is Gabel.?"

Well at first I had also trust issues with Elliot but then... :X3::blobmelt:

12. ChezcaAnne

ChezcaAnne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he Gabel never misses?

13. Ames2021

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah more details on the almost snusnu part.. n when maxi asking for snusnu Riftan said no, until the war is over they cant do it o_O..then both leaving the barn not fully satisfied :ROFLMAO:

14. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes maybe Gabel is the Robin Hood of archers in UTOT

15. Ames2021

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah because he was strangely caring towards Maxi since book 1 .. so i thought there is a hidden agenda like he wanted her to trust him then lure her into enemies trap :ROFLMAO:..but turns out he is just a true gentleman.. and not only he is a great archer he is sharp too, in this chapter he rightaway can notice the enemies detected them a couple of times while Maxi didnt notice at all.

16. sarah0208

sarah0208 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

and he's brilliant/ office smart too!! remember in Gable's POV that he's wondering how Sir Elliot can manage his workload without a single complain ??? :cool: a total hubby package :ROFLMAO: He's probably in our top 5!!!

17. eidyia

eidyia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so glad Maxi finally has Elliot for her guard instead of Yurixion. His experience makes all the difference, and that makes it clear to Maxi that it is time to respectfully follow his lead.

I also loved how respectful and warmly Uslin greeted her and took her horse in front of the church.

And That glimpse of The Terror that is Riftan, his face a cold mask, a lion out of hell or an avenging angel... that is his power and connected to the cold face he shows the world. The change that comes over him when he sees Maxi, the softness, the emotions of relief, and how much he cares. Brings closer the Riftan POV realization that she is all that brings warmth, beauty, softness to his life. Which is why he is so afraid to lose her, and acted so over-protective in the past.

I also love that Maxi played it safe. She would have maybe followed Kuahel if Elliot hadn't told her clearly its their job now, we cannot help them. And she accepted his judgement. So different from at ethylene.

Her finding the location of the Necromancer from outside so Elliot could shoot him, that was the best teamwork we have seen so far. It really feels like Riftans words to her at the logging camp about each person working as part of the team, and there is no shame in a wizard being protected by knights (and no shame in doing your part and following orders) was really tangible here, and the mission was successful!

I hope they reach the next city quickly!

18. sarah0208

sarah0208 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can P give us an advance look for Sir Elliot??? like when she posted the sooo hot wounded Uslyn in IG???? pretty plss :p:D

19. GED

GED Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And Riftan's knights know it...

20. ChezcaAnne

ChezcaAnne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really feel like being strong, buff, smart and handsome (to make it short, hubby material:p)is the requirement to being a Knight in UOT

Amya, Shendee90, QJgunth and 7 others like this.