Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. MARSEA12

MARSEA12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read spoilers on the Heeran the FL stays with the ML who treated her nice and not with the other one, who cheated on her, was an asshole and toxic towards her.

Leeh, Asias and athena1979 like this.
  2. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. athena1979

athena1979 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, you're correct about them :) And, both FL (Soru) and the 1st ML (Yato)? (n) Sorry, I don't remember their names. Both're celestial creatures who suffered from pain. As long as I remember the 2nd ML (Jae Hyun)? trapped in a loveless marriage with Garan, she is another female characters. He became a king who was adored by his people. But, he wasn't happy.

4. Asias

Asias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!

Leeh and athena1979 like this.
  5. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    I have found out, there're always some who think that FL is better to end with the supporting ML or the opposite ;) For example, although Hunger Games has been finished with the togetherness of Katniss and Peeta, I still notice some who believe Katniss and Gale would be a better couple than Katniss and Peeta. Meanwhile in games, such as Final Fantasy VII, I know some who keep assuming that Cloud is better to be with Aerith than Tifa. Although, they've realized, Aerith is definitely being "killed" by the game creators. She is going to die and her death has been planned by the game creator. Back to UTOT, for those who think Maxi is better to end with Quahel, well, let's them stay with their opinion. Perhaps, they think both're good as a partner. Or, well, if the ML weren't Riftan, Quahel might be a good option for Maxi :) For, I honestly wanna ship Maxi and Quahel, too. Sadly, he's a priest. And, I've ever learned, priest who lived during Middle Ages, experienced a hard life. Even, I had ever shipped Maxi and Ruth, too. Sorry, if my English isn't good. I've known, some of you speak Spanish and Portuguese. I understand both just a little. I often guess that Quahel is still amazed by the fact that Maxi has conquered Riftan's heart even changed his cold personality.

manlyman, Asias, Leeh and 1 other person like this.
  6. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    totally agree with you (y)

Asias and EnterYourNickname like this.
  7. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    with priests having hard life, it depends as always. Those who were on top of hierachy in church had lavish lifestyles - all the money from crusades, controlling amber trade in Baltic area or even sale of a special plenary indulgence (i.e., remission of the temporal punishment of sin). But ofc those in small villages' parishes had simple lives.

And speaking of Kuahel, imo he might just be fascinated that a noble woman is following her husband to the battlefield, sth very uncommon. And that Maxi is so determined etc. She's unlike any other noble woman he knew? So I see it personally as just curiosity not as any romantic feelings.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  8. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    :) Aa, I forget bout' their lavish lifestyles :) Thanks for enriching my knowledge. I guess they aren't very different from p....t nowadays. Maxi's even completely different from Rosetta :) Finally, I wanna say, she's more rebellious, too. Thanks to Agnes ;)

Asias, JosianeLoures, Leeh and 2 others like this.
  9. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I agree.Agnes certainly had impact on Maxi, showing her that she can be confident and can learn magic.

10. MARSEA12

MARSEA12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Heeran Love Song, the FL doesn't stay with the cheater.
    I don't think so Quahel see Maxi as a romantic say and those people say she's better with Quahel than Riftan have the second male lead syndrome and it wouldn't work out between Maxi and Quahel.

Those people have the second male syndrome but it wouldn't work out between Quahel and Maxi because Riftan changed her world and boost her confidence and I don't think so Quahel would do it or any other man.

11. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    I like that term "second male lead syndrome" :ROFLMAO:(y)
    And truthfully I'm a bit confused that Kuahel is the one casted by fans as 2nd ML and uwu better man for Maxi, I'd expect Ruth snatching that place after all they have waaay more interactions than M&K. But I guess Ruth is not as alluring as paladin :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

12. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've observed Quahel's behavior when he's with Maxi since they first met in book 1. At first I think he was amazed at her, hence looking at her interestingly when they were first introduced, on how a demure looking noble lady is married to a daredevil war hero from a humble background with unpolished, harsh manners. He even thought of Riftan as a monster too. Like he might think this is absurd, Riftan n Maxi looks so incompatible. But as they always bump into each other, especially during the first war where he saved her from multiple occasions, he got to know her better, and maybe he thought, a woman like her was brave enough to face all the difficulties to be with her husband in the battlefields. He might think, how lucky Riftan is to have someone like her in his life.
    But in book 2, I think he grew fond of her. She was so brave, she selflessly fight till her last mana during the first war n brought victory to the Allied Forces. And now she is a full wizard with great capabilities, he become more amazed at her, he looks up to her and respects her, maybe have a bit of crush on her. And that's all - because of course they cant be together. He's a priest, and Maxi is so inlove with Riftan and Quahel knew that since the first war.

Primmrjss, manlyman, Asias and 7 others like this.
  13. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish tomorrow won't be delayed ;) I feel like they might have arrived at Balboa safely and soundly. Because Kim Soo Ji, herself has confirmed that the last war is over, I completely wish no one and nothing would try to break the 7 Kingdom Peace Treaty, anymore o_O Honestly, war increases my "panic attack" and thyroid, too :) Please, Quahel, take care the mana stones, carefully. By the way, when I read that Riftan sliced Red Dragon's belly to take out the manas, I felt pity to the dragon :cry: But, I was both terrified and satisfied because all including Holy Knights and WT wizards have worked together, this time. Furthermore, Riftan and Maxi have definitely accomplished their duties. Let's keep praying for Kim Soo Ji. Let's hope, she won't spend too many chapters to celebrate their victory then talk bout' politics. For, I guess our couple wants to go home to Anatole as quickly as possible (y)

Sorry, it's out of the topic :censored: To Another Blood of Madame Giselle's fans, I have just read at glance, someone said it hasn't been finished, yet. It's only in hiatus although Lehzin hasn't given any news, yet.

manlyman, Leeh, Asias and 1 other person like this.
  14. sendyv

sendyv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This seems very accurate! I think Kuahel has grown very fond of Maxi. That’s why I hope they have a parting scene or something. Even I’ve grown fond of Kuahel :ROFLMAO:. Probably everyone except Riftan has! I do wonder why he looked at Maxi so strangely. Part of me thinks it is indeed curiosity, admiration and respect with the possibility of maybe a small crush. Overall it seems like a sweet friendship or bond they have created.

15. emdl07

emdl07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. I think sir Leon is just fascinated that this small noble woman who is rumored to be weak and sheltered has somehow captured the heart of a man who thinks like a monster and denies herself a pampered lifestyle to endure many hardships. She shows a lot of courage and bravery, even though it is reckless most of the time, which is completely unexpected of her. It's mindblowing she would risk her life for a man many believe is invincible, but as Maxi explains, thinking someone is invincible doesn't make them immortal. Riftan can just as easily get hurt or die no matter how strong or talented he is because he is human. But it's like most people forget that about him because he's good at what he does. Everybody puts a lot of Rifs shoulders because they take him for granted. Sir Leon can't refute this truth. He opens his mouth to say something but can't. No one has ever thought of Rifs safety except for Maxi and he sees things from a new perspective. Pretty sure not many ppl have thrown Sir Leon off like that.

I haven't read book 2 but what I gather from the summaries is that she's earned his respect, especially after Ethlyne, and he trusts her abilities now that shes been to the WT to train properly. Even though Maxi is a newbie and doesn't always get it right, as she said in book 1, a master has to start somewhere right. In order for Maxi to grow in her abilities she needs to participate. Sir Leon gives her this freedom and it boosts her confidence, further develops her skills, and I think makes her feel more at ease with him which allows a friendship to grow. I really think their dynamic is more like two co-workers who trust each other and help each other get the job done. Much like Rif and Agnes on the battlefield. I don't really get the sense of a crush, more just amazement.

I think about how when I was learning about my job, I did an internship and my mentor who was training me fascinated me with his abilities and knowledge. After learning a procedure, he'd let me do it on my own and as I got better I began to analyze the steps and would think about how to make it better for me. After a while, I came up with new methods to make the process more efficient and he was amazed. He began to depend on me and put me in charge of that one aspect of the project because of how quickly I was able to get it done. We generated a lot of data that I was able to present and it built my confidence. I came back from that internship more determined and secure of my career choice. But not once did my mentor or I ever feel romantic towards each other even though we spent 4 months together. To this day we keep in touch from time to time but it's as colleagues. It was all mutual respect and learning and trusting each other. That's how I see Maxi and Sir Leon.

randomaccess, manlyman, Leeh and 6 others like this.
  16. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm fond of him too hehe yes he might appear mysterious and cold but what i love most about him is he never, not even once disrespect Maxi.

You said it perfectly dear, i agree 100% with you except for the crush part haha. I am not sure but when he stared at her in multiple events in earlier of book 2 i get the sense that he likes her like a man likes a woman. There are 2 events i remembered the most, he stared at her in the restaurant after the bard singing the red hair lady song, and he stared at her when she lied down exhaustedly after their team went down the cliff near Pamela Plateau. Maybe it's just empty stare but i dont know, maybe im just overthinking haha.

17. emdl07

emdl07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you.

Yeah, I haven't read book 2 so maybe I'm missing something since I don't know about all these new interactions between the two of them. Maybe he does feel more but from the summaries I just don't pick up on that.

I really hope the book 2 translation comes quickly. I want to read more in detail.

Leeh, Asias and sendyv like this.
  18. sendyv

sendyv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And remember that time Maxi was spying on Riftan and Agnes? He also stared at her there and made Maxi uncomfortable. I thought he might be wondering “is this what jealousy looks like?” because Maxi was super jealous. Or he may have been at awe that Riftan has a jealous wife? :ROFLMAO: I think he was intrigued by Maxi’s emotional reactions and the fact that she pretty much wore her heart on her sleeve, unlike everyone else who was always on alert and coldly hiding their emotions. To be honest, I think that was part of Maxi’s appeal to Kuahel and why he was able to trust her so easily. She never hid her motives or emotions, at least not well :blobsmirk:

Amya, manlyman, Leeh and 6 others like this.
  19. emdl07

emdl07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I just finished re-reading book 1 and moved on to Rif's POV. So basically I feel these two keep reenacting the monster attack scene lol. There's danger near by and Maxi goes after it to protect what she cares about, and Rif has to step in to save her and then gets mad. So Maxi has always been this way it's just now instead of protecting her dog she wants to protect Rif. Awe. Super sweet, but also, aye the complexity of it all.

Also, I think I remember reading in one of the summaries that Rif tells sir Leon that he has witness Maxi almost die twice. I was counting and I think it's more than that no? The childhood monster attack, the ogre that almost stepped on her when she fell out of the carriage, the mana depletion, the rock slide, the kelpie scene, Ethlyne, and the duke's beating her and she's basically starved to skin and bones because of her nerves, and in book 2 she falls off a cliff.

Poor Rif. That can't be easy to witness.

That's a good point. Maybe so.

manlyman, Leeh, sendyv and 3 others like this.
  20. Asias

Asias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that K personally likes Maxi as a person.
    In book 1 she approached him to deliver a letter to R, then he helps her and keeps her secret in the camp, then he saved her with magic. In book 2 again he has to protect her and he ended up spending time alone with her. I think their relationship is more personal than with any other knights. Maxi is really spontaneous and she is a good person and K knows and appreciates it.
    Although, he would never be able to put her first and understand her unconditional love, that it is why he trust her more as a wizard , because he is not afraid that she will be in danger.
    His duty as a priest is his top priority. He doesn’t know Maxi as R does, from the time their were kids and he could feel her loneliness .

he meant just during the PP investigation after she got out of the WT

manlyman, athena1979, Leeh and 3 others like this.