Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. ChezcaAnne

ChezcaAnne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Notice how the chapter today in the novel contrasts the next chapter in the manhwa where in the part that Riftan punches Uslyn because he insulted Maxi

2. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, don't doubt the healing abilities of WT wizards. moreover ruth is a legend! I was just as relieved as Max when I saw that Ruth was already in the hospital. Ruth is better than maxi in healing magic. and it is possible that WT maxi's friends will also help uslyn by giving him potions that can make him healthy again. This all depends on whether uslyn's nerves and bones can be connected and coordinated properly. and if the damage was that bad, it was only natural that not only healing magic but therapy would be needed as well.

I can still accept that there are knights who are disabled due to the war against monsters, for example Garrow who lost the use of one eye. But he was a hero and he traded that precious thing for a war victory. But if there is an RDK who is disabled because of this competition, I can't accept it. their disability is not worth to what they get. otherwise richt did not get any loss. So I thought that KSJ wouldn't be that heartless. uslyn will definitely heal with time. His pride as RDK must also be helped

Aria_WW, manlyman, Asias and 13 others like this.
  3. Selina-may

Selina-may Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes and I had to laugh imagining the astonished face of the priest when Maxi gave him her instructions.:eek::D
    I also imagined Urslin's puzzled face when she was there in a flash, giving orders to the priests and, above all, when she forbade Urslin to walk instead of being carried to the infirmary:ROFLMAO::whistle:

manlyman, Asias, emdl07 and 8 others like this.
  4. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    As a rule, he doesn't cheat. but this is a sword competition where they should prioritize their sword skills. Richt defeats Ursuline by trying to get Ursuline to let go of his sword by all means including if it cuts his hand immediately. If relying on the ability of the sword, Richt should make Uslyn admit his own defeat because he was unable to keep up with Richt's swordplay. If what Richt did is understandable, then all the contestants will try to target their respective opponents' arms so that they drop their swords. and as a knight, this is unethical. because it will put the opponent at risk of becoming permanently disabled or paralyzed and unable to hold the sword anymore. it's the saddest thing for a knight

5. MDE

MDE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be in tomorrow's chapter and I'm looking forward to that scene!

Oh and another closure by KSJ, the knight who didn't want to be healed by Maxi in book 1 and highly disrespected her, now healed by her in book 2. Not to mention that she also most likely saved his career as a knight!

Yeah, after your explanation I will partially revise my previous thought. No cheating but also no ethics. He's definetly not worth winning Ascalon. Hope that KSJ will make Riftan not only beat him but also end his career as a knight in some sort of way that cannot be seen neither as cheating nor unethic. This could be another closure!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    manlyman, Asias, emdl07 and 11 others like this.
  6. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Earlier in this chapter Gabel told Maxi that Riftan’s match is today. So i guess Riftan will match against Sejour first, since Richt is injured on his shoulder. His match with Richt will be on another day. But it is possible that Richt is quickly healed and will have a match with Riftan today. Waiting for next chapter anxiously. I hope the one who is going to be badly injured will be Richt while Riftan remains invincible and unscathed. RDK suffered 2 defeats already, thats quite enough, so please dont hurt my Riftan dear KSJ:LOL:

manlyman, Asias, emdl07 and 9 others like this.
  7. MARSEA12

MARSEA12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    KSJ adds alot of Christian references in UTOT. The duel between Riftan and Richt can represent David and Goliath. Goliath was taller than David and David killed Goliath so he can protect his flock of sheep. Riftan would defeat Richt so he can protect the RMDk and the pride of his men's as knights and even protect the most person he loves the most. David defeated Giath with one single shot and maybe Riftan could the same with Richt, he is going to have one thought duel with him.

Bluecattea, manlyman, Asias and 8 others like this.
  8. AlmaBerkana

AlmaBerkana Astrologer

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you!!! I also can imagine an anime
    But it’s true
    This story got into our skin so bad

Bluecattea, Asias, emdl07 and 5 others like this.
  9. Gabi2077gabrielle

Gabi2077gabrielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Osirya leaves for Anatol to learn healing magic from Maxi!(y)(y)(y) The:D;) BOSS Maxi...

Bluecattea, manlyman, Asias and 9 others like this.
  10. MDE

MDE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can tell! :cool:

Asias, emdl07, AlmaBerkana and 2 others like this.
  11. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    About the match :

at first maxi was satisfied with ursuline's game when she realized that even though richt was carrying a 180 cm long sword, none of his attacks hit ursuline. On the other hand, ursuline is very agile in playing his sword so that it is said to be equivalent to 3 sword attacks. Especially when it's true that Ursuline proves to be superior, he can slash Richt's shoulder. It's like a yuri vs seojur match where not a single yuri attack works on seojur and then seojur can make yuri realize that he has no chance of winning and admit defeat.

Richt realized that between them, Richt would never admit defeat. He must drop ursuline's sword so that ursuline is declared defeated. Yes but that's it, he used a cunning way to solve it. at first he tried to grab the sword by using the ursuline sword that was still stuck in his shoulder. he held and raised the sword high so that the hilt hit ursuline's head. with his great physical strength, he made ursuline unable to control his sword so he let go of the sword but was able to regain it and took it off richt's shoulder. It was then that his movements were shaky and unstable, so Richt slashed his hand. even though he can attack the other side of his body if he is a true knight. But Richt must have known he wouldn't win easily if he did

Bluecattea, manlyman, Asias and 9 others like this.
  12. honeybuttergarlic

honeybuttergarlic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Ames2021

Reading List:
    Link
    But the prize giving ceremony usually will take some time, i think if Riftan is severely injured will it be better to heal him first than going straight to the prize giving ceremony? Else he will bleed to death while receiving his prize. Like what happened to Uslyn today, the priests immediately ran to him to heal him, while Ruth is ready at the back with his equipments to tend to his injuries before he lost more blood.

manlyman, Asias, emdl07 and 4 others like this.
  14. sendyv

sendyv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wake up on Tuesday and Friday mornings to new chapters and 5 pages of forum :ROFLMAO:. Love it! I will miss this :meowpuffytears:.

One thing here is clear- Richt Breston must die. I found him super annoying before but now, I hate him. What a scumbag. You know he's not going to end well. KSJ has something big in store for him. He's going to be humiliated and stopped publicly.

2 things I loved in this chapter:
    1. Maxi ordering the priests around with such authority and taking command of the situation like a damn boss! Our girl is so grown and full of confidence now! She didn't even stutter in her commands! She has a perfect balance of authority and posture, where not even the priests will question her. I think she commands as much, or maybe even more, respect than Agnes at this point. I remember Maxi used to admire that about her.
    2. An unexpected circle closed! Ursuline accepted Maxi's healing without a doubt and did everything as she told him, despite feeling a bit humiliated for being carried out. Maxi just ran up and gave instructions like they were the law and they all followed her commands. Ursuline didn't even question it. He trusted her completely! :aww: When he said he could walk, she just firmly stopped him and spoke with so much confidence that he listened and obeyed. wow!! I guess it had to be Ursuline to fight this match and give Maxi the opportunity to do this.

I wonder what the nobles will think about seeing Maxi rush out like that and take control of the situation. It'll be very interesting to see if it startled people! Also, Richt's attack on Ursuline could've been worse on Yulision since he's younger and has less experience plus a hot temper. Glad they didn't duel.

15. SM7

SM7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, today was quite the chapter! I haven't visited this forum in a while cos life got busy so I haven't caught up. But DAYUM I did not expect Richt vs Usyln. :eek::eek: Although it does make sense as Usyln stopped Richt from retreating during one of the monster wars. It's sad to see two defeats in a row from the Remdragon Knights, but it's going to make Riftan's win more worthwhile and satisfying!

Asias, Ames2021, emdl07 and 6 others like this.
  16. Ames2021

Reading List:
    Link
    Ursulyn looks so hot in this chapter i saw a fan posted a few pages on facebook..im going to wait for english version in manta tomorrow. Anyhow he was wrong at that time for insulting Maxi, but he didnt know Maxi well at that time he thought she is the same like her father. He was angry because he really respect and look up to Riftan and hated the way duke Croix treated him that is why he was so resentful towards Maxi. Anyhow it was all in the past now Maxi forgave him and he knows Maxi is totally not like her father and their bonding is great now.

17. sendyv

sendyv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the images! Omg I HATED Ursuline at that point. His relationship with Maxi is one of the slowest ones to progress, but it's done so well. I'm glad they didn't just randomly make up. It took time but they have solid trust in each other and real camaraderie now. Ursuline has a harsh manner about him but he cares about Maxi and she can tell. I think they are much more comfortable with each other, so much so that they can make honest remarks to one another. Like, he can tell her she's prone to trouble and she can openly show him that she's annoyed by him.

Aria_WW, Bluecattea, SM7 and 12 others like this.
  18. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    Maxi's image will improve very well in front of the public because she is a mistress who is very concerned about her knights. Since she was sitting in the VIP seats, I'm sure all the nobles must have noticed when the red haired girl ran past them all. Hopefully in the next chapter we get an overview of the response from the nobles who saw that scene. also I'm not sure if riftan will fight seojur/richt in tomorrow's chapter. maybe he has to fight another knight again because seojur and richt have got their respective performances. In next Tuesday's chapter, maybe we will see the real final between them

Bluecattea, manlyman, Asias and 12 others like this.
  19. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in the end he is a monster.

Yes that was so amazing :aww:

I just looked at the chapter.
    In the book Riftan beat Ursulyn and in manwha he didn't? Well, never mind.
    But you're right, he looks really good again.

20. Ames2021

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh really? I saw the fan posted the part where
    Riftan lifted Ursulyn and threw him on the ground. I thought the fan skipped posting the part where Riftan punched Ursulyn. Maybe that scene is too violent for non age rated manhwa

manlyman, Asias, sendyv and 4 others like this.