Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Sidetrack

Sidetrack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    also to @GoldenButt My thought on Riftan body hair question-
    He has a mother who is from the southern continent, apparently with darker complexion. Riftan's skin is some darker, described as copper-like and his hair is all black. I think Riftan due to his heritage naturally has no beard, or very little, as it is barely mentioned in the many many delightful snusnu scenes. In the Americas the native peoples often have little body hair or beards, especially compared to Europeans, the same for many populations in parts of Asia and Pacific Islands.

in the last few days a quite detailed information is posted, I think by - complete with screen prints

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  2. mel_carmel

mel_carmel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello here is my recent post for purchasing at the ridibook , hope it help

sheerankamar likes this.
  3. jujurlah

jujurlah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What browser do you use in reading the novel via ridibook?
    Chrome isn't working. :facepalm::notlikeblob:

4. Aliali

Aliali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello my dear OAK "family". Many lovely members here have recommended to read "Lucia", to help with OAK withdrawal. I am only on chapter 4 & it just does not draw me in at all, certainly not like OAK did. (there really is no other novel like OAK, Imo, it is just so beautiful & special & different & no other novel has ever affected me half as much) Anyway, does anyone else here like Lucia? Dies it get better as the chapters go on? Just trying to decide if I should stick with it or not.

shashasha, Mxt, carmelle and 3 others like this.
  5. Elfstress

Elfstress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve read Lucia and thought it was mostly ok. The way it was described was smut with a sprinkling of plot. If you just want mostly smut, go for it.
    Another novel I really enjoyed was Death is the only ending for the villainess. Or maybe it’s title is villains are destined to die depending on where you read it.

6. Aliali

Aliali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you! I will check that one out!

7. Humminbird

Humminbird Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I’m going to ask a silly question but here goes….I was going back through the thread for spoilers, and one said Riftan and Maxi break up. The way I understood the novel so far is that they’ve never broken up/divorced, but had a significant rough patch. Did I miss something? Sorry if I overlook a post where this was addressed.

8. jujurlah

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is the title 'Under the Oak Tree'?
    - Some ppl say the name is bc riftan saw maxi under the oak tree when he was young, but according to the author, the meaning behind the title has not been revealed yet. she says that it is something symbolic and has to do with the oak tree being treated as sacred in the Bible.

9. mj209

mj209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Toward the end of Book 1, Maxi and Riftan separated for three years. Maxi had to leave to the World Tower to become a wizard and Riftan was left behind. This was caused due to issues that arose with the Duke of Croix. That’s the reason they ‘broke up’ meaning they separated for a time and reunited on Book 2 but not quite… their relationship took a toll and both struggle expressing their feelings and also struggle to show that closeness between them as before

I used chrome to translate from Ridibooks on my phone and has been working fine (on the web page, not the app)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  10. mel_carmel

mel_carmel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm using Safari on Mac and its instally translate , but sometimes i'm using chrome with goggle translate add on

if your chrome doesnt working may be try to to erase the cookie at your browser.

11. Deleted member 323398

Deleted member 323398 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Maxi did not even know the slightest information that Riftan wanted her to be in his Castle nor the knights who went there to fetch her. Obviously, the duke did some tricks to push them all away because he basically thought that Riftan would 'die' on his behalf and would never come back. Even if she knew, the duke will still never allow her because he wanted to hide her away from the public to protect the 'honor and pride' of their family.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2021
    jujurlah likes this.
  12. beewink

beewink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ** they don't ever "break up"
    A lot of the rough translations say break up for the times they are separated from one another verses say they were just apart during said time

Flyinghigh79 likes this.
  13. Deleted member 361214

Deleted member 361214 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. That's an insight to ponder. Thanks

14. jujurlah

Reading List:
    Link
  15. tunafish007

tunafish007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler(I don’t know how the spoiler button works here so please forgive me or educate me. Thanks)

Anyone made the connection between UTOT and the Berserk Manga yet?? I honestly believe the author took some inspiration from the Berserk Manga and the character Riftan was inspired by Guts from Berserk. There are some connections and I will list some because I don’t want to spoil the manga for those who haven’t read.
    1. Ruth is to Riftan what Schierke is to Guts
    2. Riftan mom hung herself but Guts’ mom was hung
    3. Riftan has superhuman strength just as Guts but they are both humans and we have no or minimum knowledge of their dads. Both are equipped with objects to assist them during their journey. Guts has the berserk armour and Riftan has the knight’s sword. Both equipments are magical objects.
    4. Both Maxi and Casca had a miscarriage
    5. Riftan’s fight with one of the contestants to obtain the sword in Riftan’s POV is identical to Guts’ fight with Bazuso
    6. Due to childhood traumas, both Guts and Riftan has developed an aversion. Riftan does not have any sexual desire towards any women and Guts hates to be touch. Their love interests are an exception.
    7. Both Riftan and Guts has similar personalities
    8. Riftan invited to join the Remdragons Knights and Gut invited to join the Band of the Hawks.
    9. Both were raised by men who are not their biological father, except Guts stepdad was a douche. I’m glad the author of UTOT didn’t follow that narrative.
    10. Oh, I forgot to mention the menstruation situation, both men are clueless lol

So I will end it here but there are more connections and if you read both Berserk and UTOT you can come to that conclusion.

16. Hothoney

Hothoney Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tqvm Spoiler Curater for compiling everything, organized it and making it an easy read for everyone here; myself included ^^

My apologies though, am new here and just registered myself so I could read the spoilers but when clicking on links was told I do not have permission to do so.

How could I proceed? Thanks for any advice and enlightenment from everyone here ^^

bradpitt69 likes this.
  17. jujumax

jujumax New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In book 2, when Max returns to Anatole, Calto explains that there cannot be a wizard in Anatole. do you know what this means concretely for Max? if she comes back she won't be able to use her magic?

18. beewink

beewink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

**Calto was warning Uslin, Yuri, and the other Remdragon Knights that if they tried hold Max and not let her leave with the expedition team, they would be in direct conflict with the World Tower which in turn would mean that the World Tower would outright refuse to send it's wizards to Anatol. . . i.e. Max would not be allowed to return if that were to happen. Calto used it as a ploy to con the Knights into not interfering with Max leaving for the expedition

maribe, tunafish007 and jujumax like this.
  19. carmelle

carmelle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the same problem too

20. TheFluffyKitty

TheFluffyKitty Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the spoiler links on page one belonged to a person who has since deleted their account. I believe a few active folks here have found and reposted the spoilers a few pages back.

Hothoney, bradpitt69 and carmelle like this.