Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. thejobbernowl

thejobbernowl New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This explains why I saw that her nickname was "Mud" lmao.
    Honestly, I thought this was going to be a smut novel but it really isn't. Thank you so much for all the info!!!

VelvetColors and ShiraYuuKii like this.
  2. Iqies

Iqies A L I E N

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, this one is really a smut novel :blobpats:

3. thejobbernowl

thejobbernowl New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I meant JUST a smut novel. :blobsmilehappy: It has a lot of other elements to it too.

4. ainosz

ainosz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did they have any communication for the three years they were apart when Max went to the tower?

They did, they exchanged letters, but because of the strict rules for apprentice wizards in the world tower, they couldn't exchange many letters, because Maxi could only write 2-3 letters in a year. The world tower didn't want people to know about what they are researching and thats why they checked every letter that got out of the world tower and because it takes too much time, they limited the number of letters someone could write. Riftan kept all letters maxi sent him in a box on his bedside table and always read them when he missed her. :aww: (In fact, I think he read them every night)

Also, has anyone confessed their feelings between the two?

In the first chapters Riftan once told her that he always loved her, but Maxi thought that he is in love with a fantasy he has of her and was afraid that he would wake up and realize, that she isn't like he thought she is and stop loving her. But when you read Riftan's POV, you will see, that Maxi is the only one for Riftan and in the past he always knew, that if maxi doesn't want him, then he will end up alone. After Riftan witnessed maxi being abused and saved her, he took her into an inn, where he talked with her about the abuse and why she didn't told him anything about it. And in this scene he confessed again, not with the words "I love you", but he told her, that she was always the one for him and that he always longed for her (I think this part you can find somewhere here in the spoiler thread). So after this part, Riftan and maxi always had little conversations, where Riftan told her what he thought in the past, like how he once observed what she liked to eat and how he always dreamed about making a big banquet for her, where she sits in front of him and eats happily. Or how he knew that she didn't look happy in her fathers estate and always had the thought of just kidnapping her, but was afraid that he couldn't give her a better life. At this point maxi really knows that Riftan really loved her and still loves her. Maxi on the other hand never told him that she loves him, but only showed him that she cares for him like he cares for her and everyone around her would know by her actions and what she says to him, that she really loves Riftan, but Riftan is still unsure and maxi will realize that in Part 2. Because she always took his love, but never really told him how she really feels for him. There is only one part in Part 2, where maxi confessed to him, that she always hated herself but now she can barely like herself because of him and that she wanted to change for him. Thats the first real confession from Maxi. But because its in Part 2, where they didn't had many chances to talk, they again couldn't talk it out and maybe when the author comes back we will get another confession from Maxi and Riftan. :aww:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  5. Qiqi29

Qiqi29 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks you so much <3

6. Iqies

Iqies A L I E N

Reading List:
    Link
    Yess.. It seems that korean novel mixed the romance story with the magic, monster, war etc.. This novel was not as smut as Lucia, but good enough tho.. ;)

fairydien and Ang20 like this.
  7. Ang20

Ang20 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! Riftan is so sweet! Thanks for the spoiler, @ainos

fairydien likes this.
  8. Raihan345

Raihan345 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for this
    He must really miss her in these three years hope they will never be apart again it hurts really hurts when they are not together :cry::(
    Poor riftan thsi man has so much patience for his love first we waited to get her for so many years and when they get married again 3 years apart and when they become TOGHTER and start to know each other more again they are apart for three years ahhhh it really makes me sad :cry::cry::(

9. ainosz

ainosz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To give you all a little bit of fluff and funny moments in OAK, I will put up the part with the menstruation of Maxi :blobjoy:
    It's not the full chapter and I started at the moment Riftan came back from work while it rained. Also, you will see in this chapter how Maxi is talking slowly to avoid stuttering, but as she gets embarrassed, she starts stuttering again.
    Riftan returned soaked with rainwater. His robes were drooping like seaweed, revealing the outline of his armor inside, and his shoes were all covered with mud. Max got out of bed and covered his head with a towel. The cheeks wet with rainwater were icy cold.

"So far, have you been... ...in the rain all this time?"

"I had to stop the soil from flowing down and pouring down onto the road. I can't make it a waste of the last two months."

He closed the door with his back as if not to dirty the rug she had laid on the floor, and took off his shoes and wet robes in front of him and threw them into the basket. She asked, with a slight surprise.

"Is it... is it going to rain that much?"

"I don't think it's going to pour like a torrent, but it's a problem because the ground is weakened by the monsters. Plus, in the next couple of months, the summer rainy season will begin, so you'd better be prepared in advance."

He threw off all his armor and wet clothes. Max led Riftan to the fireplace and handed him a towel big enough to wrap his body around.

While he briefly warmed his cold body before the fire, the diligent servants brought a bathtub full of hot water into the room.

Riftan has been begging her to take a bath together without fail. Max was stiff and then announced with an awkward face, that she was "unclean". Riftan looked confused.

"If you're not clean, you can wash with me."

She was a little shocked that a man who did everything could say such insensitive things.

After coming to Anatol, she had her menstruation only four times, once when he was out of the castle, and the other three times, when he was too busy to know. That is why there has been no need to give such an embarrassing explanation. She stuttered out with a look of shame.

"Well, it's that day...."

"That day?"

Max looked up at him with a tearful look. My husband, who I thought was the most perfect man in the world, had a face like an idiot.

She rolled her eyes at the look of not being able to get a clue. How on earth can you explain the ordeal you are going through while maintaining dignity?

"So... in the future, for a week... relationship, the relationship between husband and wife. You, you can't, you can't... I mean it's a condition."

"What the hell does that mean?"

Riftan's face hardened.

“Don't line up words I can't understand, but explain them straight. Are you rejecting me now?”

In a seemingly irritating tone, Max opened her mouth blankly. Indeed, it seemed to be recognizable only if everything had been said. She cried out in tears and misery.

"He, there's blood... Hmm, it's flowing!"

The color faded from Riftan's face. Mac opened her eyes wide at the sight of his sun-tanned smooth face turning white like a blank sheet. He scanned every nook and cranny of her body with a startling nervousness.

“Blood is flowing… where? How did you get hurt? Show me. You're going to have to treat it right away!"

Max was agitated with fear that he would really check where the blood was flowing. But Riftan seemed more frightened than she was. Max desperately dissuaded Riftan, who was trying to strip her of her clothes and identify where the problem occurred.

"Oh, no! All, all, all, all right! I'm not hurt!"

"You said you were bleeding!"

Oh my god. He really seemed to have no idea what a woman had to go through regularly. Max couldn't tell whether to burst into laughter or scream. First, I decided to calm him down and said as calmly as I could.

"This, all of this world... When woman are old enough to get married... Gyu, you bleed regularly. It's very... very natural. Yu, nanny says... I have grown enough to have children....It's proof."

"Are you sure? You're not really sick or hurt, are you?

Max nodded firmly. Riftan stared at her face with a suspicious glance and then asked while frowning.

"And where the hell are you bleeding from?"

She turned red like a red beet. I never dreamed I'd be in such an embarrassing situation. Do I really have to tell you everything about my sins?

After a long pause, Max whispered in his ear, even though there was no one else in the room. I don't know how many more times I'll be going through this. It would be better to explain properly so that we don't get into such an embarrassing situation anymore.

"That's... is that true?"

Upon hearing her explanation, Riftan looked down at her with his eyes wide open as if he could not believe it. His complexion was still pale.

"Are you sure? It's... it's normal for blood to flow from there?"

"Well, it's perfectly normal! It's what all women go through."

"This must have happened before. Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Da, of course... I thought you knew, you knew it. Usually... I heard there's no need to explain this. And the nanny also... if I tell you... Oh, she said you' d know..”

Surprisingly, his cheeks turned a little red. Riftan made excuses in a loud voice, as if to justify his ignorance.

"Maxi, I grew up in a mercenary squad full of men. After I became a knight, I spent my whole life going on expeditions.
    What the hell do I know about women? All I know is that a woman has a heart, and I knows that she's thinking and that she can have a baby!”

Max frowned doubtfully. He was talking as if he had never had an intimate lover to teach him about women.

Her meeting eyes swept through his masculine face, intense black eyes and sculptural figure, each with a perfect balance of symmetry. It was too beautiful to claim ignorance of women.

Even if Riftan himself wasn't an active seducer, he wouldn't have been left alone. On the day of the festival, Max recalled the impudent women who were flirting with him. It was unlikely that a man with a vigorous desire like Riftan would have been able to resist such an active temptation. She stared at him with sharp jealousy.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  10. Blind-Bandit

Blind-Bandit New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the potential spoilers mentioned some other ML's, how does Maxi meet them? What kind of moments does she have with the leader of divine knights?

11. ainosz

ainosz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and the continuation in the next chapter

"Oh... you must know more than that. Even to me..."

"What to you, too?"

He raised one eyebrow. While biting her lips, Max said something she would not normally have said.

"I'm married to Riftan, before I get married... My, my body... Uh, what's going on... I didn't know, but Riftan... Oh, you knew that. Me, me... I don't know how to do it. Oh, everything I've know, it's from you."

She stammered and almost bite her tongue. Are you accusing him of using the skills he learned from another woman? Why the hell am I saying this crazy thing! I couldn't figure out why I was arguing about this.

Riftan seemed more confused than she is because he did not grasp the intent of the question. He said in an hard tone.

"90% of what the mercenaries say is dirty talk. Everyone always brags about how to do something to women. I've been hearing it since I was 12. All I know is the poor parts. It turned out that even half of it was a lie, but....”

He glanced down at her with a gloomy look and slipped away. Then, as if he wanted to break away from the subject that put him in a difficult position, he cleared his throat and changed the subject.

"I'm glad you weren't hurt anyway. Doesn't it hurt?”

"My stomach hurts a little and... I, I'm low on energy, but... It's bearable.”

"Your face turned pale."

As he stroked her cheek, he sighed and turned toward the bathtub.

"I'll take a bath alone, so you should lie down in bed and rest."

Max followed his words and gently went into the blanket. I heard the splash of water behind my head. She crouched down in bed while he was washing himself, battling a throbbing pain.

A moment later, Riftan who has warmed up in hot water lay behind her back, dressed roughly in cotton trousers. He dug into the blanket, held her close, and gently rubbed her lower abdomen with his warm palms.

Max groaned long in relief. I could feel my stiff muscles loosening gently at his body temperature that touched the back. He pushed the remaining arm under her head to more perfectly adhere to the body and rubbed his lips over her shoulders and cheeks.

"I don't feel good that you have to go through such a thing. How often do you suffer from things like today?"

"It's, it's irregular.”

Max equivocated the answer. I hoped he wouldn't notice that she had a different cycle than the average woman. His ignorance was somewhat welcome. She dug into his arms, feeling relieved, and hated herself for feeling so relieved.

Riftan's unique and refreshing body odor sweetly shook all her senses. He buried his face in her hair and took a deep breath as if he wanted to absorb her. A low sigh flowed from Riftan's mouth.

"I hope it ends soon.”

She could feel that he painfully wanted it. But I could see naturally that it was not because of an unfulfilled desire that Riftan said that, but just because he didn't want her to be uncomfortable and sick.

Riftan stroked her tightly knotted lower abdomen with great care and stroked around her cheek. It's as if she were a fragile flower bud, that could be crushed by using only a little bit of strength. Max put her hand on his forearm, touching the raised tendon, and slowly fell into sleep.

12. ainosz

ainosz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the potential spoilers mentioned some other ML's, how does Maxi meet them?

the first potential second ML is the leader of the divine knights, called Quahel Leon (he was also mentioned in the welcoming banquet for Maxi as the one with whom Riftan had a duel. You can find it in chapter 42 on Wordexcerpt.) The first time Maxi meet him was in Libadon, where Maxi was staying in a monastery and waited for Riftan to come back from the first war with the monsters. Quahel was on his way to the castle to fight, too, but they stopped there for a break and to meet the priest. Maxi wanted to take this chance to sent a letter to Riftan through the divine knights and Quahel was the only one who didn't look scary at first sight, so she asked him to deliver the letter (this letter is also a letter that Riftan had in his box on his bedside table).

The other potential ML is the son of the Uigru incarnation of the northern kingdom Balto. His name is Richt Blesson/Breston and Maxi meets him the first time, when she is in the first war and Riftan already found her and realized, that she sneaked into war. When Riftan found her, he had a big and loud fight with her, so everyone knew that his wife is there. Richt is someone who has a big inferior complex because he isn't a Uigru incarnation like his father and Riftan, who he sees as someone unworthy, has the title he can't have. Not only that, he is also obsessed with bringing back the old Roam Empire and strongly believes that in this way, the legend of Uigru could really start again and he believes that he is the one who would be the real next Uigru. As Maxi was walking with Yurixion as her guard, she meet Richt Blesson who came up to her and talked bad about Riftan and after maxi got mad and told him, that he is just jealous because he could never be better than Riftan, he started making fun of her, too by saying that a dumb stutterer like her is perfect for a man like Riftan, but let her go as he sees that maxi is near crying. But after that, he got beat up by Riftan. He doesn't sound like a potential ML and I at first also didn't thought that he could be a potential ML, but as Part 2 started and they meet at the second war again, he kind of got some moments with Maxi. This moments are not cute or fluffy, but Richt is at this point interested in maxi, after he knew what she did in the first war and because she has the blood of the royal family of the old Roam Empire and so he sees her as a princess. But why could he be a potential ML even after this facts? Because when you read under the oak tree, you quickly realize that just like by Riftan and Quahel, the author describes how the eyes of a character find the way to maxi, how they look at her and other little details that she only mentions all the time by those three people. She mentions this by other characters too, but not all the time, but by those three you will see, that she does it often. It's easy to say why Quahel is a potential ML, but its hard to describe why Richt is also a potential ML, because all his moments weren't cute and Maxi hates him. Maybe when the author comes back we will get to know if Richt is really a potential ML, but as it seems now, he could be a twisted potential ML.

What kind of moments does she have with the leader of divine knights?

There are many moments and it's hard to describe every moment because then I need to discribe how it came to all this moments, but I can try telling you some. The second time she meet him was when she was on her way to sneak into war and Quahel saved her from a Troll and was dumbfounded by her sneaking into war, just to see if Riftan is alright. He told her that he delivered the letter to Riftan and Maxi asked him not to tell anyone that she is on her way to war. At that time, he had no particular feelings for Maxi, so he told her, he will pretend as if he didn't knew that she sneaked into war, so he isn't obligated to be her guard, too. The next moment they had is when he saved her again in the first war (when maxi was still hiding and sneakily looking at Riftan from afar) from a soldier who mistook her for a prostitute. In the third meeting he saved Maxi again, when she was near deaths door after she was seriously injured in the first war. If it wasn't for him using divine magic on her, then maxi could have really died. The fourth time they meet was after the three years in the world tower, when Maxi came to Anatol again and Uslin was talking to Quahel about letting some Remdragon Knights go with them on the mission, so that they can be Maxi's escort. Quahel didn't want and could take more people on this secret mission and it was clear that if it wasn't for maxi, he would have denied. But he said, he would only let one person come as her escort and they all agreed on Yurixion being the escort knight. And after that we get so many moments with Maxi and Quahel, that I could describe almost every chapter. But moments that I can clearly remember are when maxi was sitting around the campfire and almost feel into it by falling asleep and Quahel grabbed her by her cape, or when Maxi and Riftan fell off a cliff and Quahel was also one of the people who came down to make sure that she is alright, even when he didn't need to. Or when Maxi was chasing a goblin so that they wouldn't be found by other monsters and Quahel chased after her to save her (I just realized that almost every moment with Quahel and Maxi is Quahel saving Maxi :blobjoy:). But the moment where Quahel seems the most as potential ML is the moment when Maxi is secretly following Riftan and Agnes and hiding behind a rock to see what they are doing, because she is jealous. At this moment Quahel comes up to talk to her about something and Maxi gets surprised and starts pulling him at his cloak so that he can hide with her behind the rock, but she doesn't have the strength to do that, so he gives in and hides with her, crouching behind the rock. Maxi is so excited while spying on Riftan and Agnes, that she doesn't realize that she is still holding Quahels arm and shaking it in her excitement. :blobrofl: She doesn't even realize how close she is to him even when he tells her that and as she asks him, if he shouldn't say anything as a priest, because it seems inappropriate of how close Riftan and Agnes are, he just said "If you pick something inappropriate..." and at that moment Maxi realize how close they are and quickly apologized. But at this moment they get caught by Riftan and after this scene Riftan will be mad with jealousy every time he knows that Maxi is with Quahel.

Also, again to Richt Blesson, the reason why he seems as a potential ML is because just like by Quahel the author always describes how he looks at maxi and both of them always get the chance to say something and get screen time, unlike other characters who only seem as side characters.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020 at 12:08 AM
  13. Avery Very

Avery Very Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gosh! This is so awkward and funny and embarassing but the ending is so sweet:blobjoy:

Thank you so much for your spoilers!! You're an angel:blobxd:

Did Riftan find out Max's jealousy towards Agnes? How did he react?

14. thejobbernowl

thejobbernowl New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That scene kills me. :blobuwu: Riftan--a perfect husband except when he's an idiot seems about right.

15. ainosz

ainosz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The first time Maxi showed Riftan that she is jealous because of Agnes was the time when Agnes visited Anatol. Agnes is a character who isn't ladylike and is friendly and open to anyone, so she gets along very well with the knights and is friendly with Riftan, too. Maxi didn't want Riftan to be alone with Agnes, so when Agnes wanted to get a tour through Anatol, Maxi stubbornly insisted to take Agnes around, but Riftan didn't realize that she was being jealous. (I think everyone else noticed that, because they had the discussion during the welcoming banquet for Agnes in front of everyone :blobjoy:)

After the tour, Maxi got to know that Agnes will help Riftan building the road from Anatol to the port and so Maxi's worries continued the whole time and the fact that Riftan was so busy that they didn't see each other much and couldn't do snusnu together didn't help her to ease her mind either. After that, Maxi decided to stay awake late so that she can finally see him and talk to him and in this night they finally had snusnu again, but unlike all the other times, Maxi couldn't fall asleep easily, because she still was worried about Agnes and Riftan being too close. Riftan realized that and talked with her about it. I will just put this part up here, its not the full chapters, but only the part where they talk after snusnu.

Max lay on his arm and looked at the canopy on the bed with dull eyes. I couldn't believe that there was a part within myself that was not filled by desire alone. Even if you care so much, why can't you completely shake off the anxiety of one corner of your heart? Solitude did not come off as neatly as it was.

"Was it hard, too?"

Whether he felt the tension surrounding her, Riftan anxiously asked, rubbing his palm against her damp skin with sweat. Max buried her face on his shoulder and shook her head. As if he was feeling relieved, he wrapped her pink breast in one hand and gently stroked it and pressed his lips over her shoulder.

"Did Agnes say anything useless?"

"What's that useless... sound?"

He raised his head and frowned slightly.

"Are you talking about me now?"

"Well, that's... No... I really don't know. I'm asking."

"The princess has a bad temper. She's a genius at making meaningful remarks to open people's minds. It's not unusual for her to be able to upset others with words or control them. I'm asking because I'm afraid she did it to you .”

What a mystery. Why does she feel calm even though he is pouring out gossip? Max wiggled her toes, with her legs on top of his iron-hard calves.

"You get along... good together."

"...what?"

Riftan opened his eyes wide as if he could not believe what he had heard and soon smiled as if he was dumbfounded.

"Have you seen how I treat Agnes? How the hell does that look like a good relationship?”

"Riftan... Ruth, Hebaron... I mean, the other guys, they're like that, but you're good friends."

Riftan lifted his head and looked at her face. Her face became more depressed because she was so embarrassed by her jealousy. Riftan showed a smile that looked a little grumpy.

"In that case, you can't say we're on bad terms. She's annoying, but she's a great woman with great skills. She's not as arrogant like other royalty."

Max pressed her forehead on his shoulder to hide her hardened face. Riftan rubbed his lips over the top of her head and stroke the swollen pink peaks with his fingertips.

"But that's all. I have friendly feelings, but I've never thought I'd like to get close to Agnes this way. That's probably the same for the princess."

"Riftan... how do you know that, uh?"

"We acted together for nearly a year at the end of the dragon expedition, but we've never had that kind of approach."

Max held back from asking exactly what "that approach" meant. I had a hunch that it would only hurt my feelings. I didn't like the fact that there was a year between them. Even though I was well aware that Riftan was not wrong, my stomach swelled. Riftan, who had a perplexed look on his face as to whether he felt that she was not feeling better or not, suddenly spat out bluntly.

"You're on good terms with Ruth, too.”

Max raised her head in astonishment at Ruth's sudden name.

Riftan stared down at her face and said in a sharp tone, as if to check something.

"But you wouldn't want to lie down with him."

"No, of course!"

Such words themselves felt insulting, so Max frowned. Did he still care about Ruth? Max said excitedly.

"Well, I... I swear to God... I don't think I'm ever gonna... I've never done it before! Ruth... I never betray Riftan."

"I know. I'm just giving an example. It's not that I don't like her. I have feelings that are close to favor, but I've never thought about kissing her."

He whispered in a low subdued voice, gently sucking her lips. The feeling of a slightly prickly chin being swept over my face felt good.

"It's not how I feel about you."

"To me... the feelings you feel... what is it?"

Max looked up at his masculine face with trembling eyes. All they shared was a bed. She's only got a corner in his life.

Riftan looked down at her face and hugged her head to his chest. His voice dropped like a sigh on the top of her head.

"You're my only family."

My heart sank with a thud at an unexpected remark. Max held her breath and recalled the meaning of the word.

Family. I've never thought of him that way. Yes. They were family. He was her husband, and she was his wife. I suddenly choked up. Perhaps the strange silence was uncomfortable, Riftan lowered his hand, stroked her lower abdomen, and jokingly added.

"But if you ever have a baby, it'll be two."

"...oh, child... Do you want it?"

"I would like it to be born. I think it'd be cute if a little guy with red hair and big gray eyes crawled around."

"Well, I... I 'd like a baby with black hair... that, that'd be great."

Max muttered in a tight voice. Just imagining a beautiful child resembling him seemed to send me into a feeling of happiness.
    His and her own child. After coming to Anatol, I couldn't afford to think deeply about my child because of all the distractions. But isn't it a strange time to start?

Max glowed happily. What would it feel like to hold a soft, milky white baby on your chest and sweep its thick black hair? What is breast-feeding like? How happy would it be to be called "Mom" and hold it in her arms? My heart fluttered pleasantly with anticipation. But such happy fantasies were scattered by a sudden thought.

It has been almost half a year since I came to Anatol. Is it normal that there is no news yet? According to the nanny, menstruation stops when you have a child. So, isn't it normal if the period is gone by now? He's been away from the castle a few times, but we've been sleeping so often...

I suddenly felt uneasy when I remembered my mother who had suffered so much because she couldn't have children.

"Now go to bed."

Riftan stretched out his arm, turned off the lamp, and pulled the blanket up to his chin. Max dug into his warm arms and shook off her eerie premonition. The time has not yet come. Some couples end up having children three or four years after they get married. Obviously, if we wait a little longer... Good news will come.

After that talk, Riftan thinks that Maxi would now understand that there is nothing between him and Agnes, but Maxi still gets jealous and when that happens he gets perplexed, because he can't understand why she always bring up Agnes name. Just like I said, in part 2 Maxi gets jealous again and after Riftan found Maxi hiding behind the rock with Quahel, he asks her what the hell she is doing with him, but she asks back with what he is doing with Agnes and for Riftan it seemed like Maxi is pretending to be jealous, to avoid talking about what she really was doing and talking with Quahel behind the rock.

And in the last chapters, after they won the war, this jealousy lead to another funny and embarrassing situation. It started because Maxi hanged out with Quahel the whole day, who stayed with her and the wizards to check the magic patterns, so that he can protect them, if danger occurs. I will put the part of the embarrassing scene she had with Riftan up. :blobjoy:

While sitting in front of a bonfire and having dinner with watery bean porridge, Max found Riftan and looked pleased. Since she started to destroy the magic formula at dawn, she has not seen her husband's shadow all day. She put down the wood bowl and ran towards him at a stroke.

"Ri, Riftan!"

Riftan, who was rapidly moving between the tents, stopped at her cry and turned his head. She felt his sharp eyes skimming her from head to toe and quickly smoothed her hair. It was so tangled that I couldn't get over it with just a few brushings. She swallowed a sigh, pressed the hood deeply, and approached him.

"Where have you been? Ha, I haven't seen you all day.”

"I'm leading the knights around the mountains. That fucking woman has been screaming for the Oryhalcon lode, and she's been digging up the rubble." (side note: he means Agnes, because they found a Oryhalcon/Orichalcom mine and it seems to be really rare and valuable)

He glanced back, muttering grimly. Following his gaze, Max found Agnes coming across the square, leading a group of royal knights and blushed her face. It's hard to see my husband once a day, but I was a bit upset that another woman was with him all day. She had a stiff smile around her mouth.

"So... did you find the lode?”

"It was a good waste of time."

He gave the reins of Talon to the servant who was following him and massaged him tiredly.

"It's a good thing, but finding a lode or something will only lead to a conflict.”

"Well, if you think so...You didn't have to go out looking.”

She lowered her eyes to see if he had read an unpleasant note from her voice. Max tried hard to pretend to be calm. Fortunately he didn't seem to notice any of her narrow jealousy. Riftan answered in a nonchalant way.

"I went out to search the hideouts of the demons. I was going to take a look around the city anyway. Well, even that didn't pay much."

He murmured bitterly and looked at her carefully.

"Well, how have you been? I've heard you're starting to stop searching and start dispelling spell from today, isn't it hard?"

"Well, not at all. It's better than I thought, so we'll be able to finish it by tomorrow.”

"From tomorrow on, Lobar will escort you again, so take him with you." (side note: Lobar is Yurixion, Lobar is his last name)

Max frowned. Three or four knights of the Remdragon Knights were looming around already to escort her. In addition, there was no need to add a high-ranking article, which ranks sixth in the Remdragon Knight. She said firmly.

"You don't have to. Paladins follow us and....today I was stuck all day with Sir Leon.”

Riftan, who strode toward the tent with the flag of the Order of Remdragon, stopped at the stand. He squinted his eyes and asked back in a spooky voice.

"The Holy Sword followed you around?"

"Not, not me, but...I mean, he escorted the wizards that worked on dispelling the spells. Oh, just in case there's an accident....”

"Is it necessary for the head of the Devine Knights to take the job himself?"

He leaned toward her with his arm in front of his chest.

"You've been strangely stuck with him a lot. He seems strangely caring about you....”

"Well, not at all! He just found me to be a bit curious....”

Max, who was flustering and making excuses, suddenly shut her mouth. Does he have any right to question her after spending all day with the princess? Furthermore, the opponent is a high priest! She said softly, suppressing her surging rebelliousness.

"Well... because my husband is neglecting me...Could it be that he cares about it?." (here I'm now 100% sure if the translation is right, that's what was written in Korean: “그야…. 남편 되시는 분께서 나 몰라라 방치하고 있으니…. 안돼 보여서 신경 써 주시는 게 아닐까요?)

Riftan's face hardened at that.

"You... are you saying I'm neglecting you?"

With his truly absurd tone of speech, she looked down at the floor with a coy look. Then Riftan lifted her chin and forced her to look at him. And after looking into her eyes for a while, he read out the signs of dissatisfaction in them and laughed in vain.

"You really think so. Why on earth should I take such blame? When did I neglected you?”

"Well, since the war started... You've been acting cold all along."

Even though I didn't mean to do so, a blaming sound came out without realizing it. Max blushed and stuttered.

"Well, even though the war is just over... there's no time to talk properly... and it's hard to see your face for a second...”

"So what? Instead of a hard-to-see husband, you're flirting with another man?"

Riftan said sarcastically. Max glared at him with an angry look.

"Who, who was flirting? Don't talk dirty! And you, too. Oh, you've been with princess Agnes all day!"

"She's my boss! I was only assisting as an lieutenant!"

"Sir, Sir Leon just escorted me as a wizard!"

She frowned her brows as if she could not understand him.

"Wha, what kind of ridiculous suspicion are you making? He's a priest!"

"And where in the world are the priests with a row of illegitimate children?"

Riftan spat out. Max hardened her face.

"Are you... are you seriously doubting me?”

The cynicism that floated in the mouth of Riftan slowly faded away in her ice-like look. He hesitated, scratching his hair roughly.

"I didn't mean that. I just don't like... other men hanging around you."

"He's not a man. He's a priest! He didn't even hang around me."

She spat out coldly. The confession would have softened her heart if it had been the usual, but she was not moved because she was offended by the outrageous criticism. Max stared at him with a reproach glance and shot him one more word.

"Oh, how could you have such a dirty suspicion?"

"I guess it’s because I was born dirty."

The tone in his voice rose again.

"I'm sorry if I hurt your sensibility. The sight of two people sitting next to each other and muttering the other day is clearly imprinted in my memory. Just hearing that they've been together all day makes me have dirty imagination again.”

Max had a puzzled look on her face, not understanding what he meant and blushed as she recalled what had happened while spying on him. In fact, I was in no position to tell him what to do. She himself boiled with jealousy and then followed him and Agnes. She swallowed dry saliva and murmured awkwardly.

"Ha, as I said then... We... just had a quiet discussion. What is not honorable of... I didn't do.”

My voice crawled away. In fact, it is not fair to spy on him. As if her awkward attitude had aroused suspicion, Riftan's eyes narrowed again.

"What the hell do you have to discuss with him?”

"Well, it's... it's confidential... I can't say."

His brows were creased by the rough words. Riftan stared at her and smirked.

"It's a secret you can't tell your husband. My dirty imagination is about to be activated again.”

Max stared at him in a fit of rage.

"So, what did you talk about with princess Agnes? According to my memory... I think you two were secretly flirting."

"Why do you keep mentioning her?"

He spat out like a person who was tested for patience.

"You know very well that there is nothing between the princess and me. You pretend to be jealous and keep trying to gloss over what happened that day, so that you don't seem suspicious."

"Gee, I'm not pretending to be jealous, I'm really jealous! Me, too, I get angry when I see you with another woman!"

Max, who raised her voice in frustration and resentment, felt that it was strangely quiet around them and came to her senses. As the reason that had left returned, a cold sweat broke out behind her back.

She moved her stiff head and looked around. All the knights and soldiers busily carrying meals between camps stopped what they were doing and stared blankly at them.

She pressed the hood deeper, her face reddening. If there was a hole, I wanted to crawl and hide inside it. I just ran to see my husband, but why did I end up having such a stupid fight? She murmured.

"Ri, Riftan... you stupid idiot.”

And before he said anything, she fled to her tent.

As you can see, Riftan and Maxi can't understand why the other is jealous, so their fights end like this. :blobjoy:
    The first discussion from chapter 84-85 is from Part 1 where it's clearly shown, that they are really careful with each other and the words they say, but as Part 2 starts, you see that they seem like an old married couple, who just say what they want and fight the whole time. :blobrofl:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  16. Raihan345

Raihan345 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG OMG thank you this Is soooo cute I find their fight cute

17. elyacuty

elyacuty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omgggggg shooo cute and funny!! Did Riftan chased after her next?

18. Avery Very

Avery Very Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg! Omg! This is sooooo cute I'm blushing!!! I'm squealing on the inside!!! Kyaaaa!!!! Glad to know they're talking even if it's an argument:blobjoy:

Thank you so much for blessing us with these long spoilers!!Thank youuu:blob_teary::bloblove:

Qiqi29 likes this.
  19. ainosz

ainosz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, sadly no and Maxi also didn't go to him, to talk again, even when she wanted to, but she was afraid that they will start fighting again and hoped for him to come up to her to talk. But Riftan also didn't search for her and I think he had the same thought like Maxi and maybe he thought that maxi didn't want to talk to him after that. The next time they talked again was in the last chapter of Part 2 (chapter 106) where they arrived at the castle of a friend and Riftan came up to Maxi, held her waist and told her wizard friends, that his wife will share a room with him. Only after Maxi agreed Riftan tense body relaxed and Maxi realized, that he was afraid that she would refuse to share a room together, so I think he really thought that Maxi didn't want to talk to him.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  20. ainosz

ainosz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but here is another cute scene with jealousy Maxi + Happy Maxi, it's one of my favorite chapter in the novel. :aww: In this chapter Maxi, Riftan, Agnes and Elliot were on the spring festival in Anatol.

Max played dice for the first time in her life. They were mixed with people and watched street performances, bought beer with a stale smell, and tasted a small piece of pie made with an unidentified meat in a thin dough. After filling her stomach with unfamiliar food, she was pushed by the princess to participate in a pole throwing contest.

"You have to grab the back of the pole to let it fly far away. You grab here and throw it away, drawing a parabola.

Agnes, who threw the pole first and scored well, kindly explained it. Max climbed awkwardly on the podium and swallowed her dry saliva. A little further away, Riftan stood with folded arms watching. Good grades here may reduce his excessive worries a little. (side note: some days before the festival, Maxi got really sick by using to much magic and almost died because of some Wyverns that appeared on the road they were building and since then Riftans worries for maxi reached another level)

Max threw the long stick with a determined look. The pole, however, rolled on the floor not even five kvettes (about 1.5 meters), let alone reaching where the flag was. My face was burning. A 12-year-old kid who threw ahead of her threw farther than this.

"Lady! Throw it with the pole tip up!"

A man with a thick beard gave the pole back with a big grin. I was embarrassed and wanted to come down from the podium, but I thought I would be a laughing stock if I ran away like this, so Max closed her eyes and threw the pole again. This time it flew quite high, reaching the second flag.

Max looked around where Riftan was with a glowing face. But my excitement cooled off in an instant. Two women dressed in fancy clothes, who appeared to be wanderers, were strangely twisted around Riftan and Sir Karon.

The moment one of them clung to the side of Riftan, my stomach heated up. Max came down from the platform and ran to where he was.

"Ri, Riftan!"

Riftan, who was standing with his arms folded and frowned as if he was annoyed, raised his head. Four pairs of eyes flew at her in unison. Though momentarily discouraged, Max soon squeezed in between them with a determined face. And she gave a stern look at the women.

"To my husband... What's your business?"

"Oh, my God, you came out to see the festival with your wife."

The women burst into laughter, clapping their hands without a hint of shame. Max frowned at the strong smell of alcohol and pulled back. The women continue to play with cat-like smiles as if circling around a fish.

"I envy you, for having such a handsome man as your husband."

"Really! Come on, can you lend me him a little? Isn't a good guy supposed to be shared?”

The impudent request turned Max blue. Their behavior of reaching out to married men in public under the influence of alcohol was shocking to Max, who learned that "modesty" is the virtue of a lady. As if caught in the snare of a prostitute (thats the only thing mtl said, so I'm not sure) walking out of hell, Max clung to Riftan's arm.

"Oh, no. I can't lend him!"

"Hey, don't be like that."

"Let's borrow him a little."

"No, not even a little!"

Max looked up at Riftan with a tearful face, meaning to tell him to do something with these people. Then Riftan, who had been hardened like a stone, blinked his eyes as if he had just come to his senses, and rubbed his face roughly with one hand. His sunburned nape turned reddish.

"Ah, so....”

He rolled his eyes, fumbling as if he were looking for something to say.

"She... she says I can't be lend.”

It was a vague remark at best. Max stared at him in disbelief. Then, a loud laugh came from somewhere.

"Oh, no. No one's gonna believe this. Margot said such stupid things.” (side note: Margot is a strong and hard to kill monster and also Riftans nickname)

Princess Agnes, who had been chasing her, was muttering nonsense and holding her belly while laughing. Her laughter was so loud that the eyes of the drunken, dazed women returned to focus.

"Huh, I thought I'd find a nice man after a long time, but to think there are two women....”

The woman, staring at the princess with puzzled eyes, shrugged their shoulders as if the excitement had cooled down.

"It's no big deal, sister. Let's go over there and have some more fun."

The women gave a disappointing sigh and soon turned away, waving their hands gently.

"It was nice to meet you anyway. If you'd like to change your mind and have some fun, please come to the Redin Inn."

The women left gracefully, like a cat wagging its tail, with brazen words to the end. Max narrowed her eyes thinly and glared disapprovingly at their back. How dare you seduce a married man? As she wore an arrogant face, the trembling princess, who couldn't stop laughing until now, came up to them unsteadily.

"Women who approach this man are rare... They're quite tough people."

She wiped away tears from her eyes, then lifted her feet up and placed the hood deep on Riftan's head.

"It's not us who need to cover their faces, it's you. I don't want to see you playing with women again in front of your wife. Riftan."

"Who is playing with who.”

Riftan shouted and glanced at Max's eyes.

"Anyway, I was chasing them away. But they were more persistent than I thought..”

Max gave him a distrustful look.

"Not really... well, it didn't look like chasing them away."

At the blunt answer Riftan made a vague look, mixed with embarrassment and joy. Max raised her eyebrows up. When I saw the twitching corners of his mouth, I suddenly got angry. She swung around and pulled the princess's arm.

"We, we have to enjoy the festival... Riftan, do whatever you want."

Then before he could say anything, Max began to run with the princess. Princess Agnes followed with a giggle.

"It's a good idea, Maximilian. Let's enjoy ourselves."

She ran away like the wind in an instant. They left the men with perplexed faces and headed for the green fields, where the music was flowing.

On the gentle hill, young women with flower crowns were dancing, waving long belts. Agnes held Max's hand and jumped between them without hesitation.

"Let's dance, too!"

Max was swept away by women dancing in the cold, and began to twirl around, holding hands with the princess. It was more like hopping than dancing, but everyone was playing happily on the grass to the sound of music, so I didn't feel any strange about making such frivolous moves. Max unwittingly began to follow them on the lawn.

The rough but passionate melody, different from the elegant music that was played at the dance of Croix Castle, resonated over the field, and the women's movements became a little faster.

The melody of the cheerful Vielle and the delicate echo of the rut mingled in the wind to create a lovely note, adding to it the merry drumming, the flute, and the grand sound of the pipe.

It felt like a wind-swept reed. Feeling the gentle yet violent flow shaking her whole body, she experienced with her whole body what it was like to dance in excitement for the first time in her life.

The women played the tambourine and burst into laughter in unison, and even the spectators stamped their feet vigorously to the beat. The dynamic music mingled with the elegant falsetto of the rutist.

The knight picks up his shattered body.

And flew up into the distant sky.

The oak tree he loved

Left alone on the hill

waving a delicate branch in the wind.

My dear,

When the snow melts,

I split my body into new leaves.

I'll sing a song for you.

ah ah

The wind is blowing my voice

Bringing it to you.

It was a familiar lyric to her ears. Perhaps it was a song with the story of the legendary knight Uigru and the spirit who loved him.

The girls in flower crowns roamed the field more lively, singing along the sad lyrics that didn't go anywhere with the bright melody, and Max burst into laughter so loud that her body fluttered up and down in the pleasant dizziness. I couldn't remember when I laughed like that.

The heart thumped wildly to the sound of the drum, and the blood of the whole body circled fast, and a powerful pulsation rang out to the fingertips. A strange sense of liberation has struck me. Wouldn't it have been nice to have a body that was always crouched under the intense sunlight and to move the body freely in pursuit of its own pleasure?

"Maxi."

Someone suddenly grabbed her arm. Max looked up at him with a flushed face. Riftan, covered with a robe to his forehead, was looking down at her with burning eyes.

Max was thrilled by the intense desire that rose on his tight face. Riftan led her arm through the crowd. The princess did not give them any attention because she was mixed up among the women and enjoying the entertainment of the festival.

Max chased Riftan, breathing heavily. The sound of music, the voices of those who were full of excitement, seemed far away.

He stroked her waist and looked around urgently as if he were looking for a place out of sight. She could feel the desperate passion sweeping through Riftan. Max's body was also as sensitive as his, longing for his touch and kiss.

For the first time, it was an overwhelming excitement. Even being a little angry with him seemed to act as a fan of passion.

"Ri, Riftan....”

"Come here."

He pulled her into a deserted place and kissed her roughly as if he couldn't stand it. Hot breathing skips the sensitive lips and then drifts away. This wasn't enough. Rather, my thirst grew stronger as if I drank salt water. Riftan pushed her into a tree with a groan that seemed strangled.

Max wound her arm around his neck, leaning her back against the rough bark of a tree.

Moist wet lips overlapped and the hot, soft tongue began to linger in the mouth anxiously.

She caressed his smooth neck, groaning with intense pleasure. The tongue, the only soft part of his body, came deep into her mouth and persistently tasted the sensitive parts. It was heartbreaking to even fall away for a while to breathe.

"Ri, Riftan....”

The lungs swelled to the point of bursting at the lost of breath. He wrapped her buttocks over the hem of a thin dress and pulled her closer to him. Max shuddered pitifully under the pressure of his rocky body. It was hard to believe that they were doing this outdoors in broad daylights, not far from the crowd.

Am I out of my mind? When it was not enough to dissuade her, she started tugging at the hem of his garment and stroke his firm chest muscles.

Riftan, like an angry hound, scattered kisses along her neck, pulled her dress and put his hand into her clothes. A deep sigh came as the hot palms with thick calluses stimulated the sensitive part of the breast.

Max rubbed her forehead against his shoulder in excitement.

Riftan pressed her stiffened body to his stomach and gave a wonderful massage to her chest. Then a thrilling sensation spread throughout the body, and the primitive flames flared up in her stomach.

She panted, crossing her legs. My whole body ached with the desire to accept him. When Riftan's robes were frantically pulled and she demanded more, he rolled up her skirt and she shivered as if she were thrilled. At that moment, a roaring sound rang out from the sky.

That sound was Agnes who made fireworks with her fire magic and Riftan and Maxi couldn't do more after that. :blob_pout:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020 at 11:52 PM
    EliVesper, Esmerid, RayAjis and 7 others like this.