Discussion Universe,God,Creation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Elion, Jun 2, 2016.

?

Do you hate this thread?

1. No

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Yes!

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. Whatever

27 vote(s)
    79.4%
  1. Sephi

Sephi Oh ho

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been in hell

2. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Same as I created underworld.

3. Sephi

Sephi Oh ho

Reading List:
    Link
    Im getting tired of this conversation... *disappears*

4. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ISIS is just a group of criminals

5. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My theory - From VOID EVERYTHING STARTED.Then how did life start? Even if I believe God is strong, he doesn't have the power to create life.

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    (¬‿¬) good luck to find the answer since IDK how many millennia such question have been asked and recent century people sure like to argue to such thing claimed to be the right one (¬‿¬)

7. Rumanshi

Rumanshi 『Demon Lord』『ルマンし』

Reading List:
    Link
    Before I start my argument, I am not religious, however I do not believe I am atheist or agnostic. It's not that I don't think that a God (or gods) exists, or that he (or they) can't be exist. I simply don't care about the fact. I believe I'll reincarnate into a different world with different laws of nature and may include magic. [Another important fact, I'm not being too serious in my reasoning. It may even have relation to this: http://everything2.com/title/If+0%3D1%2C+then+I+am+the+Pope . If you agree with my reasoning, please feel free to comment, and if you disagree, I welcome you to as well.

My actual point is this: If faith to a God would establish the future of myself after death, do I truly have free will? The concept of punishment defeats the purpose of free will. I am (Edit: Not) trying to convince you to deny your religion, what I am trying to do is point out my own stance on it. Thus, the argument ahead, rather than being blasphemous, is simply one point of view which may be adopted.

For this argument, I will assume that 'God' is the Christian view of God. The holy trinity (The father, the son, the holy spirit). Of course, the holy spirit part has controversial aspects to it, but I'll be assuming the holy spirit is equal to the other two, and thus, are God. This was linked to in Wikipedia but as I'm lazy, here is their reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity#cite_note-basil16-88 (I really should format this as a proper essay, but what the hell, huh?)

So, I can make a basis for a few points:

#1; God created everything. Including the first people, Adam and Eve.
    #2; Both Jesus and the holy spirit, are God.
    #3; The holy spirit is within all humans.

Now these points are important. Let me establish something to think about.

Firstly, the fact that God created everything: In the bible, I remember he created humanity [Or, more accurately, the first man] {If I'm wrong, I apologize} 'in his image'.

Secondly, if the holy spirit is within every human, than this means at least part of you is God. (http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/3-16.htm). Sorry about my referencing, I truly am lazy. If part of you is God, then what is God?

Thirdly, Jesus is the embodiment of God, even if he calls himself father. [Once again, way to lazy. I think most of you should know the doctrine of Christianity, right?]

So, from these statements, I can deduce a few things.

#1; God has control. If he created everything (which should include laws of nature/physics, due to the definition of everything), then he should be able to control it. This something important to note.

#2; All humans (or at least, men), were made in Gods image. Also, they all have 'the holy spirit', which is also God. Thus, they are at least part God (Perhaps this is what grants them free will?).

#3; Jesus should have the same abilities as God, as he is the embodiment of him, rather than simply having a 'part' of him within them. (He does demonstrate the ability to cause miracles, even if they are said to be his 'fathers' (God's) doing.

Using these points, I can deduce that God is at least knows everything we do and has the ability to prove it. I cannot deduce if he can know how we think, however. Nor may he know how we feel.

If we all possess the holy spirit, and therefore are god, perhaps he is controlling us, and we just don't know it? Well, that goes against the idea of 'free will'. (Hmmm?)

If Jesus is the Father's son, but he is also the embodiment of the father (God), then what does that make him? Perhaps, you could argue that Jesus is a clone. Or something similar. Maybe, just a doll which acts like the son of God, and God does not disagree.

From these horrid deductions, I conclude that God is simply a child, who does not know that humans have feelings. God is someone playing house or playing with dolls in a higher dimension. Jesus is simply the doll he chose that embodied his personality and the holy spirit is what he uses to control us, rather than hands like we control dolls.

Thus, our free will is only a perception, and if God exists, he is simply a child, using us like we play with dolls.

(I'm sorry, but I can't help making unreasonable arguments like this).

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  8. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    You wont fool me you filphy demigod,
    Come back once you gain enlightment of the dao of godhood and become a real god.

9. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck me that is exactly the same way i think.
    Which also deep down makes me kind of scared, because if god truly is just playing with us it means he can torture us any time he wants.
    The reason hell exists and how satan came to be was because (according to christian belief) satan was an angel that refused to do what god told him to therefore god banished him.
    The whole free will thing in religion is bullshit, yeah we have "free will" we can choose to either possibly live a decent life in heaven or get tortured till the end of time in hell. Wow! What a choice!
    If what we think is true then you can compare god to xianxa mcs, do what they tell you too or they will kill/torture you without a second thought. And you have no power to resist.

10. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Fully understand the meaning of time and you'll have taken the first step towards understanding our world.

11. Rumanshi

Rumanshi 『Demon Lord』『ルマンし』

Reading List:
    Link
    And thus, I choose to believe in fictional ideas invented by authors. Although, I think I missed a word out in the post I made :p
    But yeah, free will does not exist if the idea of punishment exists. The two are contradictory.

12. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    How did this thread not get locked....

saffu likes this.
  13. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people are really sensitive about religion topic...
    We better not spark a debate over this topic...
    I like it better if we debate a novel plot or something... after all this is forum for novels (mainly, supposedly... Well anything goes I think)

14. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    M
    Hur Hur- Yeah,I think so !

And I am not even crystian!

15. Agecaf

Agecaf Grand Archmathemagician

Reading List:
    Link
    Big Bang Theory ~ It basically states "everything in the universe was at some point in time in a very small volume". We are almost certain this is true, an have pinpointed that time. We've got a fairly good idea of what happened mere fractions of seconds after the big bang.

What was before the Big Bang? ~ The easy way to think about this is that "Time begun with the big bang". It isn't that there was "nothing before the big bang", but rather, "there's no such a thing as 'before the Big Bang' ". Why would this happen? Well, Einstein's theory of relativity basically means mass bends "space time". Now, what would happen if all the mass of the universe was at a single point? To be honest though, I'm not sure of the details.

How/Why did life begun on Earth? ~ Apparently it isn't that rare. Not life, not intelligence. For life, it is expected for it to be fairly common in the universe. As for intelligence, there's plenty of animals with great intelligence, and I don't mean only monkeys... You have some crows for example dropping nuts on roads so that cars crack them. Also, a species of ants has pretty much discovered agriculture...

Can Science answer questions about God? The existence of the Universe? No. Science cannot answer about things we cannot "observe". The "Universe"... is that which we can observe. Thus... Things outside that cannot be answered by Science. In fact... as the universe is expanding, there's "places" we wouldn't be able to reach even if we traveled at the speed of light forever... Which we can't possibly observe, nor act upon. That's outside of our Universe even if... it could potentially be only "more of the same stuff"... But who knows how vast things are beyond the small confines of our observable universe?

Our world is already strange and mysterious enough, How strange and mysterious could things beyond our world be? Few people fully understand Einstein's theories, if there were an answer to the God question, would we even be able to understand it? Is there a point in asking that which cannot be answered to us?

Finally, there's things we can say about things beyond our universe. And that's Maths. Maths are awesome. Everyone should do maths. The world is too boring.

16. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A thing we can't deny is supernatural powers.God, or as we should call them Cultivators,Powerful Beings,Supernatural Beings, and many other names, is a supernatural power.

God like the Overgods in CD is a creature or a program without a actual mind.There is a huge universe and smaller universes.There is no gate to enter another universe,which is the Void.We are a small ocean.Yeah,like a ocean.

We are weak and don't have any shitty power like in Battle Animes,movies and so.So I doubt any of us can explain the universe

17. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it is because of my power " Vanishing Thread!"

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    :coffee:
    I don't care about such thing
    good luck to find those answer if OP really try to find it~ IDK how many time see this kind of question with conclusion: no satisfied answer~

science meet religion stuff what will happen? Both side that don't want to try understand each other will clash, science fundamentalist call religion fundamentalist idiot, while they called pagan by the other side~
    most time always like that~
    most time both science and religion fail to explain each other why?
    science these day mostly in "PROVE" while even science can't really explain simple thing like why a mother when pregnant craving for something weird~ :LOL:
    religion most important part is "FAITH" contain with wonderful story not just christian or muslim, every religion have this thing it's true that moderate faction try to use science to explain thing but most time not really care about it~:p
    funny thing is there lot video that make comparison about "science" that exist on "holly book" with current science (go search yourself)~
    with funny reaction :ROFLMAO:(well for me)

19. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When science meets an observation in reality that is "wrong" science steps back and reevaluates the flaws in the model until it is matches what is.

Religion just claims it to be a miracle and stays the same.

What a silly example

Of course science knows why pregnant women get cravings; there's no magic to it, hormones and chemical changes result in variations in tastes and desires.

Realistically it's more plausible that in the far future mankind will master dark matter and reverse the expansion of the universe, and utilize the power of the collapse to send all that energy back in time to create the universe. Thus creating the loop of time we live in today