Novel Unnamed novel

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by void, May 31, 2017.

1. void

void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, this is my first novel. I've been ruminating over it for quite some while now. I haven't thought of a synopsis yet. It's a mainstream xianxia/xuanhuan (don't really know the difference).
    Although I have thought out the general direction of the novel, how it starts and how it ends, I'm having difficulties in planning the adventures that take us from the beginning to the end. As such, releases will be slow and unpredictable (I estimate a chapter or two per week).
    Please comment if you are interested and would like to read more.
    Also, since english isn't my first language I'd like it if you point out any errors, whatever they may be, from incorrect sentence structure, wrong grammar to spelling mistakes. I'll listen to your critique and try to act on your suggestions (if I'm smart enough to understand them).
    That said, please go easy on me.
    Meanwhile, I'll try to think of an appropriate name.

WARNING:
    I give no guarantee that the novel will be completed. Read at own risk.

Prologue

Someplace faraway, on a distant planet stood a majestic mountain that towered towards the sky and pierced through the clouds. Three-fourths of the way from the base of the mountain protruded a grand outcrop which continued on to its base, forming a unique landscape. From afar, it looked as if a mountain and a plateau had been merged together.

A magnificent palace was situated atop the outcrop. This palace exuded an air of ancientness but also that of modernity, giving birth to contradictory feelings in the hearts of all those who laid their sights upon it. With its grandiose gate, gleaming white marble walls and exquisitely carved pillars that reached up to the ceiling, it was truly a sight to behold. A plush carpet led from the entrance to what looked like a throne room. Inside, two beautiful thrones, lavish in their design and studded with priceless gems and jewels stood at an elevation.

Today however, the palace felt strangely empty.

Neither maids nor any servants could be seen. The place had lost its usual bustle. It was so quiet that even the sound of a dropped pin could be easily heard.

This silence, however, was shattered by the cry of a baby. In such quiet, the baby’s cries were especially piercing and could be clearly heard in every part of the castle.

The moment the cry sounded, an astounding phenomenon began to unfurl in the skies. It began above the castle but rapidly expanded outwards, until it covered the whole sky, as far as the eye could see and beyond.

The whole sky was divided into two halves, one bright and holy and the other dark and demonic. On the bright side mythical creatures such as angels, dragons, phoenixes, unicorns started appearing; as if an artist had used the sky as his canvas and had painted them into being. Zombies, vampires, ghouls, wraiths, succubi, demons and other dark creatures formed on the dark side. An enormous throne started to form at the intersection; half of which was made of gold, platinum and other unknown valuable metals and which was inlaid with a plethora of precious gems and jewels. The other half of the throne was dark and gloomy and decorated with skulls, looking incredibly sinister. The two halves perfectly melded together and somehow formed a coherent whole. It looked incredibly beautiful and mystifying and gave others a sense of intimidation.

Slowly, the fuzzy outline of a woman started to form on the throne. The woman sat on the throne with graceful ease. Anyone who would look at her would undeniably be dazed and enraptured. She was breathtakingly beautiful. Her skin was white without the slightest blemish. Her face was angelic, with arched eyebrows, a dainty nose and soft red lips. Her eyes were mesmerizing and alternated between a golden and a blood red color. Her black hair cascaded onto her shoulders giving her an ethereal sense of beauty. With a voluptuous body and devilish figure, she could steal the souls of men. One of her hands held a holy sword, while the other wielded a deadly scythe. As soon as the woman came into being, a formless pressure covered the sky. All creatures reverentially bowed towards the woman, showing their allegiance and subservience. This shocking phenomenon in the sky lasted for a short while before finally disappearing.

Deep inside a forest, a wizened old man who was meditating opened his eyes. “This ancient aura….Surely a great treasure is being born.” With that he quickly disappeared, as if he’d never existed.

A woman who was practicing sword moves exited a cave deep inside some mountain range and looked up at the sky. “Some powerful old hermit must have broken through some unimaginable realm….Or……a heaven defying treasure has been born.”

In a castle, a demonic youngster sat on a throne surrounded by beautiful, scantily clad women. He looked at the woman on the throne in the sky and gave a lecherous laugh. “I must have her; it’d be a waste not to enjoy such a beauty...Heee….heee.”

“Ancestor has exited reclusive cultivation”, the sect master of a powerful sect said, a greedy glint flashing through his eyes.

“All elders and geniuses of the younger generation are to assemble.”

“There should be no oversight; the treasure must be captured by the ‘Supreme Heavens Sect’.”

“Let’s go!”

Such a scene was playing out in all major powers across the realm. Powerful figures all over had been alarmed as this phenomenon unfolded. The formless pressure had caused them to feel a sense of awe and dread that originated from the very core of their being.

This phenomenon caused a great stir. Hidden dragons and crouching tigers had started becoming active. Alliances were being formed or broken, factions created. Devious ploys and plots were put into action. All means fair and foul were being used. Everybody wanted a piece of the treasure.

A long, bloody war was about to be fought, bringing about a great change. It was the beginning of a chaotic era. The divine realm wouldn’t be peaceful for a long, long time.

Inside the palace, a gorgeous woman was lying on a bed looking tired and exhausted. There was a small bundle in her arms, in which a baby girl was sleeping peacefully. A handsome man with a dignified atmosphere was standing besides the bed, looking incredibly happy; however, a hint of worry could be seen hidden between his eyebrows.

“We’ll have to send her someplace faraway.” The man said to the tired woman.

The woman understood the severity of the situation. If word of a baby inducing such a miraculous phenomenon on birth got out, countless people would seek to possess or destroy her. The divine realm was no longer a safe place for her.

“Alright”, Tears started to form in the woman’s eyes, but she still nodded resolutely. Then, she gently kissed the baby’s forehead.

The couple lovingly gazed at the baby for a while; and then taking the baby, the man left, only returning sometime later, empty handed.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  2. gandalf

gandalf Patriarch "You Shall Not Pass"

Reading List:
    Link
    Title suggestion bsed from my understanding.
    "JESUS"

3. baroncrux

baroncrux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems promising enough to follow at least though we wont really know without a few more chapters.

4. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Female MC? Cool. I just hope the ML isn't annoying. Memory serves me that novels with female MCs in the xianxia/xuanhuan genre, other than having MLs that made me drop the novel, it doesn't have a Male Lead.

5. Sheep

Sheep Best Original Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    heh.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Exterial likes this.
  6. void

void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Releases will be slow until I map out a proper plotline. I might be able to get out chapter 1 by tomorrow.

True that.

7. NirvanaFlame

NirvanaFlame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is an important difference....
    Xianxia follows the cultivation setup to become a immortal, demon or ghost whereas Xuanhuan is cultivating to become a God ,Devil, Demon and as far as I am aware there is no existing Buddha paths other than yang God which is considering half Buddhist path.
    But yeah please for god sake don't get them mixed up.

8. Kaets

Kaets Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Warning Sign make me runaway.