Picked Up Unparalleled Path ~ Reincarnated as the AI for a Space Battleship ~

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by VannVann, Jun 21, 2018.

1. VannVann

VannVann [Drained] 《Worn Out》 GM

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Unparalleled Path ~ Reincarnated as the AI for a Space Battleship ~
    Raw Link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1880ec/
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/unparalleled-path-reincarnated-as-the-ai-for-a-space-battleship/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Honestly speaking I was hooked to this novel from the moment I laid my eyes on its description. It was the first and only sci-fi I read on NU. The sudden drop into a battle further increased my addiction. Every 2h I would check the site to ser if there was an update. I could create the whole battle scenes in my head. I was also intrigued by how the current rulers operate and the princess on the deck. Not to mention that the MC was apparently an AI created in ancient times which means there are a whole lot of mysteries. But honestly, I think I'm here for the battle scenes. My heart broke when the translation stopped at 15 chapters. So, to whoever feels interested, please pick up this novel. My withdrawal for it is as severe as Death Mage withdrawal.
    Description:
    After regaining consciousness, high schooler Asagaya Makato has become an AI for a space battleship. As if that wasn’t enough, the ship has been surrounded by enemies, and he himself has a damaged engine, putting him in a dire situation.

The warship commander had already died in combat, and taking the place of the temporary commander is a young girl of the imperial family, who had joined the ship out of courtesy. Makoto had tried convincing himself that this was a dream, but being persuaded by the girl, he stands as a battleship.

After somehow crushing the enemy at point-blank range, the fleet’s fight is over, and the battle for the fate of the empire has ended in a crushing defeat. Makato gathers up the survivors and plans to escape the battleground, but there’s a large enemy fleet on the route to the empire. He makes a jump deep into the enemy territory on a slim chance, but —

Set 10,000 years in the future, a young boy has been turned into an incredibly powerful cheat AI and leads a small fleet to become peerless. There’s romantic comedy, imperial intrigue, ancient weapons, philosophy, and more!

smellymayo and venu101 like this.
  2. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I made a pick up request for this last year but no one took it some were interested though I just finished a draft for this to post again guess iI'l delete it lol

VannVann likes this.
  3. VannVann

Reading List:
    Link
    Na its ok. it serves to show two peoples interest in this novel

venu101 likes this.
  4. JTMTTJ

JTMTTJ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Third person interested.

VannVann likes this.
  5. Zeraphin

Zeraphin Local Aphrodisiac Dealer

Reading List:
    Link
    Fourth person here

VannVann likes this.
  6. wrightl

wrightl Wizards are better than warriors

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are craving someone being reincarnated as the AI of a spaceship, there is an English novel with this concept that is complete with three books. https://www.amazon.com/Are-Legion-Bob-Bobiverse-Book-ebook/dp/B01LWAESYQ
    Don't worry if he seems like a weak pushover at first, once he gets to space he quickly develops.

VannVann likes this.
  7. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
  8. wrightl

wrightl Wizards are better than warriors

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure? I'm on the Amazon page and it isn't saying that. Have you checked if you can buy other books on Amazon?
    I can loan the book out once (on Kindle, I don't have a hard copy) if anyone wants, just send me an email.

9. Arkus86

Arkus86 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It sure would be nice to see this picked up.

VannVann likes this.
  10. VannVann

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I'll chek it out when I have time

11. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So mc is an AI ? Not human ?

Edit :
    Don't mind me, the title answers my questions. I didn't read the title

VannVann likes this.
  12. VannVann

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the novel he was human, died and his brain was scanned to make the AI. It raises a question of weather an AI can be considered a human

13. Gonza200013

Gonza200013 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have picked up this novel! Right now I am translating chapter 16! Wait for it!

14. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    there's a new release for this novel, so the thread's prefix should be changed to 'Picked Up' for now.

Blitz and VannVann like this.
  15. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys should read the review section, specifically by fahad09.
    Tldr summary: This webnovel plagerised with some minor changes an English author's work, Jack Campbell's Lost Fleet.

16. VannVann

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read the reviews and I still chose to read the novel. Why? Cuz I don't care. People are only saying this because it's similar to the other. How many movies have the basic: guy is on the bad side, guy think the base side right, guy meet girl from the good side, guy changes his mind, guy beats the bad side

Give me a break please

17. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you should also read the English guy's book to see how truthful the review is and if it is more than just your example.

18. JTMTTJ

JTMTTJ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The idea of Jack Campbell and this novel are similar but it does not count as plagiarized. In fact, the only thing similar is the basic idea. The WN has nothing to do with Lost Fleet. I must question how it can be even thought as such, Fahad009's definition of plagiarism is so broad that even Lost Fleet could be considered to have plagiarized from another novel. The lost fleet was inspired by Going Up by Xenophon from the Ten Thousand legend.
    Simlarities from this WN and Campbell's lost fleet.
    In Lost Fleet there are 2 major factions. The Honor bound Alliance and the sneaky Syndics. The Alliance is the side that our protagonist belongs to.

In Lost Fleet, the main character is waked up from deep sleep from a recovered escape pod. He's been asleep for 100 years. The war has intensified since.

Differences
    In this WN, a spy sabotages Ajax and it was the 3rd prince that sold out the fleet. In Lost Fleet, a Syndic really did defect but was fed false information intentionally by Syndic Intelligence in order to draw in the alliance fleet. He died and thats the end of him. Where as in the WN the spy is still on the loose.

Our MC is human, he gets married to his flag captain. We see the loss of 100 years weigh on him, hell while he was in deep sleep his brother continued living and even had children. In this WN, Our MC is an AI and the original society he came from isnt even intact.

Aliens exist in Jack Campbell's books. they appear in Beyond the Frontier.

People are just over reacting. Its like saying TruBlood is a plagiarized from Twilight and vice versa. They both have a human woman fall in love with a Vampire with the muscular werewolf on the side.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018