Update "My Status" Without Using Manual Reading List

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Keansor, May 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Keansor

Keansor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a way I can easily change the current chapter I'm listed as being at, but keep the easy-to-see notifications that a new chapter is out (a book icon)? The manual reading list doesn't look like it has that option, and so far the only way I can see of doing that is by going to "Show me chapters I haven't read!" and clicking the latest chapter available over. and over. and over again.

It's not normally an issue unless I'm starting a new series. I've started I Was A Sword When I Reincarnated and am up to chapter 68, but I'm worried about forgetting what chapter I'm on if I lose the tab. Since it's lists me as being on chapter 1 by default... It'll take a while to update it to my current chapter using the method I mentioned above.

The only method I know of to avoid this issue is manually going back to my reading list every time I finish a chapter and clicking the next one in the "Show me chapters I haven't read!" tab, which is a pain when most translation sites include a "next chapter" option.

2. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading List > Global Settings > Enable Quick Add to Reading List

Then you can "tick" any chapter you want on the novel's page or directly from the release feed on the main page.

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Keansor

Keansor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many thanks! I saw that tick option while I was looking things up, but since I couldn't find it myself I assumed it was removed for some reason in a site update or something.