Discussion USA and gun

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Demonic Poring, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Demonic Poring

Demonic Poring 『Well-Known Poring』

Reading List:
    Link
    So I went to USA for 1 day and that's enough to make me freaked out. Usually when I was in USA used taxi for the transportation and nothing really happened. But this time I stayed in my friend's house, so he delivered me to my destination. My friend is really nice, but then I saw it. He literally brought a gun with him when he is going out. And I asked him why he brought a gun, he said it's a normal thing in the USA.

After meeting with my father's client, I flew back to my house that very day. And now I don't want to go to USA for sometimes.

I know that USA is a developed country (should I use countries?), but is it really OK that everyone can have gun and literally brought it everywhere they go?

2. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it's a right. Guns themselves are not bad or evil their tools and as such their use depends on the people using them.

3. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They have right to have them. Its more "safe" that way. Even though in other countries without this right there is less gun-crimes.
    But well, they need to have "Do not put cats into microwave-oven" labels, so ..

4. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    "Guns dont kill people, people kill people."

Just make sure you dont go near the wrong people then youre gonna be fine.

EDIT: heres some quotes and stuff I love and feel follow my personal belief

(starts at 2:20-sh)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Kuro_0ni, Serra, Cosmic_ and 3 others like this.
  5. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    this is one of the things that I admire from usa, the right to own a gun to defend yourself, where I live, you can't but criminals have them, and they will use the guns to steal from you and even kill you.

Serra and MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN like this.
  6. Demonic Poring

Demonic Poring 『Well-Known Poring』

Reading List:
    Link
    what about law? Cause in my place, the one that can have a gun are police and military personnel

7. TDDM

TDDM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really understand why people are afraid of people with guns. If someone want a gun he will have it even if it is illegale and if u have gun legally u can defend. And it's not like evryone can get gun even in USA.

Serra, Mnotia, Femme Fatale and 3 others like this.
  8. HondaFit

HondaFit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The legal right to own guns in the US is in our constitution. That's why it's not like getting a driver's license like it is in other countries (or completely illegal). The goal for the signers was to allow us to defend ourselves and if necessary throw off an oppressive government if it ever became necessary. At the time we'd just thrown off English rule.

That said, I think there's something wrong people who constantly carry weapons. Wrong in their heads, not wrong about carrying the weapon itself. People like that are probably looking for a reason to use their weapons. Carrying a gun is legal in many places but, I wouldn't call it normal. Most people aren't carrying a gun even though most can.

On the other hand, a black bear tried to get inside my house the other day while chasing one of my cats. You can be sure I loaded up my rifle and kept it near me for the next time it shows up. I'm like 30 miles from the US capital. It's not like this is the deep country.

Kuro_0ni, Serra, Miss Ruby and 10 others like this.
  9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never seen a mass-murder with a spoon though. :hmm:

Miss Ruby, Elkon, Lonelycity and 11 others like this.
  10. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    They have with plastics.
    Plenty of plastics

Femme Fatale likes this.
  12. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    I would counter that with this. A gun's primary purpose is to kill . every upgrade or advancement to a gun is to increase its efficiency in killing . It is a tool for killing .
    you may say it is for self defense, but how is the self defense preformed? by killing of course

edit: this will probably devolve in to a political thread and be locked by the mods. So INB4 Lock

13. Galison

Reading List:
    Link
    Criminals by their very nature don't care about the laws. Case in point France has very strict laws but that didn't stop the terrorists that shot up the magazine from getting them nor other criminals as well. Laws in general only dissuade wannabe criminals from doing stuff. Real criminals just don't care.

14. willuwontu

willuwontu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, you mean the great Spooner of 2008.

Femme Fatale and SolInvictus like this.
  15. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    Neither have I, but I've read news about some with cars/trucks and even planes, guess we need to ban them too soon then. Kappa

16. Galison

Reading List:
    Link
    A gun just makes it easier and again laws don't stop determined criminals. See the Boston marathon bombing or the shooting of the magazine in France or the truck rampage in Germany. Again guns make it easier but there are still many cases were mass killings happen.

17. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it is a bit excessive, but it is impossible to ban guns in the USA no matter what talking point the Conservative say the liberal will do once in power. So you just mostly have to deal with the chance of getting shot in the USA is higher then other country, but hey what is the problem of getting shot by some messed up kid these day when it is for protecting our freedom from the big bad government that once crush the rebellion that almost broke it apart and it's gun did almost nothing to stop it? Yeah the guns and second amendment is what will protect us from the tyranny of the government.

18. SolInvictus

SolInvictus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know which country you are from but, that's not true. Police and Military are 'allowed' to have guns but, I'm absolutely certain that criminals have guns. That's why they're criminals.

19. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, someone can also steal your gun, kill you, and steal the rest from you.
    This one is karma at work

For me, so many guns around is just bad news. After all a crime is not just about the person. If there is an opportunity(gun in hand), a motive and a bit of devil's temptation, you can be a criminal too

KingOfDreams likes this.
  20. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    In 2014, a guy in Florida killed a prison guard with a spoon apparently