Feature Request Using Novel Listing format for novels by a group

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by frostcrystal, Feb 11, 2020.

1. frostcrystal

frostcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Generally, translation groups tend to have somewhat similar taste in novels, so I know that if I like one of them, I may like another. Before I plunge in, though, I like to skim through the ratings to see if it's worth my time.

However, especially for huge groups like Wuxiaworld or Wordexcerpt, which both have 70+ series, it's super difficult to get a readable list of all the novels they translate from NU. It's to the point where one very boring, snowy weekend last year, I wrote a webcrawler script to go through each option in the drop down list on a given group and compile all the ratings from each series into an Excel spreadsheet.

I don't believe it would be difficult at all to add a "Translation Group" option to the Series Finder page, and then link that to the Group's profile page instead of having a massive and unwieldy drop down list, and it would be much more useful. :D

vampire0lovers, Fuyuneko and nyamachi like this.
  2. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    In case of Wuxiaworld, you can see most of their novels under https://www.novelupdates.com/epublisher/wuxiaworld/

But yeah, I agree it would be an interesting option to have. ATM I'm going to the list on translators webpage and copy names into NU's search.

Another way to go about it would be to add a subpage in the translator's page with the overview of their novels.

vampire0lovers and frostcrystal like this.
  3. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -silently sneaks in-
    BUMP!!
    -silently sneaks out-

4. frostcrystal

frostcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely didn't know we had that page! Thanks for the link :3