Recommendations Variety Show trope!!!

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by A novel a day, Aug 22, 2022.

1. A novel a day

A novel a day Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for novels with variety show setting. It can be a subplot or main setting. It can be any type of variety show, survival, dating, food, childcare etc. but not horror. it can be a QT as well. I want the MC to know the original plot and their character gets lot of hate or they were just background character in the original plot. Now that the MC is here, they want to stay low or survive or whatever depending on the variety show they participated and unintentionally attract attention, the attention could be of any type(romantic or curiosity or just a good impression) but basically summed up as " OH, I didn't expect him to be so good, I thought he was very bad/basic/weak/boring etc. In short, I want everyone to have a good impression of MC, whether the participants or the netizens. I would like it to have no romance but 1v1 and harem also works. I just don't want MC to be interested in other people very soon but others can like him(not the love at first sight thing though) , like I want the others to feel like this for our MC" if you've got a girlfriend, I am jealous of her but if you are single, that's honestly worse, cause you're so gorgeous, it actually hurts".
    examples of such novels
    1. How many tomorrows there are.
    2. Why do all the male protagonist look at me like that.
    3. There are many QTs with such arcs but I don't remember their name.
    ; raws are fine as well, BL preferred but BG is okay as well.

Another type of trope which I want is the " hated protagonist but was actually good or even if he was bad then our MC came and whitewashed those things and made up good explanation for the past behavior "
    any kind of scum whitewashing novel fits in this trope, some examples on NU are
    I am a good person, scum male whitewashing manual etc. I've basically read all such QT novels available on NU so raws are required. I know only one non QT novel of this trope " after rebirth I made the empresses cry and beg for forgiveness". transmigrating into villains or cannon fodders and deciding to have a clean break with original's life, or living a peaceful life fulfilling the original's responsibilities and staying away from main storyline(or rather MC trying to stay away but the other characters dragging him back) is appreciated as well ( no horror, no ancient time story where Mc transmigrates into scum treats his spouse and children well whom the original abused and get rich with his modern knowledge because I've read many stories with this trope and I'm already tired of it)
    MC should be strong if not OP like talented in everything but should be good at their profession if not the best.
    p.s. I really like the MCs of the novel accidental mark, hold on you're something else and how is it possible for this type of A to also have an O, so I would also like novels with MCs like this
    THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lorcilblue likes this.
  2. Lorcilblue

Lorcilblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read so many books like this yet can't name a single one :cry:

neko senpai and A novel a day like this.
  3. schrodingers mushroom

schrodingers mushroom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Oshi no ko, its a manga but it somwhat fits, i think.

4. A novel a day

Reading List:
    Link
    I can totally relate!!!

Thank you, I will.

5. MissZer0q

MissZer0q Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you’re okay with raws, I reccomend:

真结婚了不骗你 - Actor x Actor. ML is verryyyy sandsculpture I guarantee u’ll be amazed w his thought process. The variety thing made them start their relationship actually (they’ve been married for 3 yrs tho, mutually benefitted but never tried to get close w each other)

全世界都觉得我们不合适 - Singer x Business Man. Childhood bestrfriends who slept w each other cuz of drugs then was like f it lets date lol. The variety show happened when they made the relationship public. It was very short though, if I rememebr correctly. They participated in a love variety show with different guests and the way they show their interactions to the audience was so nice.

和直男大佬上恋综后他弯了 - Child Actor x CEO. They’re actually promised to each other cuz theyre grandfathers r friends but ML is straight, vvvvv “straight” so he made his brother meet the promised person and in exhange, he goes to a variety show that his brother was supposed to go. MC and ML meet in the said variety and falls in luv. Lol ML is so straight ;) [ongoing]

Edit: Lol I just read ur reqs…. uhhh none those r face slapping tropes tho TT. MC never had to whitewash and the variety show was just a fun thing. Oh wait I rmemeebr:

小作精身患绝症后佛系了[重生] - Rebirthed MC x Also Rebirthed Actor ML. The audience didn’t like MC because they don’t think he’s qualified to be ML’s lover. VERY VERY ANGSTY ON THE FIRST 50 CH THO. I cried my ass off.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    A novel a day likes this.
  6. A novel a day

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyouuuuuu!!! it's okay, I am veryyyy interested in variety shows now so every recommendation is precious.....I'll try all of them

MissZer0q likes this.