Discussion Villainess themed stories are pissing me off now

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by FIEND, Oct 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisisyourlost

thisisyourlost Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about " Kill the villainess ", " the villainess needs a tyrant ", or " beware of the villainess" ??

2. HentMas

HentMas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think "the whole point" is that, there are works that have the "Villainess" still act as a douche or portray her as a person that goes "contrary" to everything the original "FL" was, like "rather than the son, I'll marry the father" where she seeks out ways to become her own power and doesn't rely too much on the ML... it depends on the perspective, a bit of sass, some selfishness and flaws that make her interesting are good.

But I understand it's not for everyone, in "The villainess is happy today" she's very VERY selfish, self righteous and vane, but that makes her character stand out because she's not your usual "copy-paste" heroine of this kinds of stories, of course not everyone can stomach someone that is blatantly hypocritical (regardless of her reasoning).

Fostofina likes this.
  3. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's called over saturation and popularity. It's a little bit much, but every now and then there are a few polished gems. It can be really effective used properly. But even with reincarnation or transmigration, it's a cop out to use it as a quick and easy way to start the story. Righteousness and simping are decently relatable, but it's sad when the protagonist has a pit in her brain without addressing it to the audience.
    It's just evolved into a theme rather than something used in practice. It's like how horror can be a theme, but at least there is a paranormal audience for it. Just give it some time before the comic farming takes a seat back and stop treating there readers like idiots.

Creolenerd and HentMas like this.
  4. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you could tell us your impression with the ones that you alr read that were being recommended there? @FIEND

5. Novel Monster

Novel Monster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, it's really boring nowadays with all these "transmigrating into a villainess" stories.

Personally, I have had enough of all the transmigration plot lines.:blobpitch::blobtorch::blobspearpeek:
    "Okay, you transmigrated into a charachter that isn't the FL. You must be either a cannon-fodder or an innocent victim of the fury of the ML. Your luck must be not too good." But then how did you get the ML?! AND YOU'RE THE ONE BEING A BRAT ABOUT IT?!! You just literally become the FL, if it's a CEO novel!:blobthumbsdown:
    "Oh, you're a villainess? I feel sorry for you." AS IF! You will never be like the original villain, you will never end up like her! WHY WOULD I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU?:blobangery:
    "Aham... So, a system bound you and makes you do missions in other worlds, like seducing the ML, face-slapping some gold diggers and worthless men, making a business empire, living in riches, etc. It must be so hard for you." Just like for me to read again and again in every new arch the same things in the same pattern. It was good to see you!:blobtorch:

Like my predecessors in this thread, I also want to recommend something for you.

I Became the Male Lead's Adopted Daughter
    MC reincarnates into another world, she ends up at an orphanage that takes care of children like animals (just feed them to survive, no normal clothes, abuses, then sold to slavery somewhere when the time comes), but then comes the Duke and she realises that she is in a novel, in which the Duke is the ML. She asks him to adopt her.
    She is sometimes an adult, the other times a child, but all in all she can dream happily even if she saw someone hanging from the ceiling (But only if that someone deserved it! If it was someone close to her she would send the murderer into the dungeon for torture untill death). A muscle maniac, savage princess, little monster, etc.
    The MC and her adopted father's interactions are hilarious and cute. They are like father and daughter from the get go.

It doesn't state that the MC is a villain or any kind of sort in the OG novel. But she is villainous enough in my opinion that she will be seen as a villain.

HentMas likes this.
  6. gnabnahc.c

gnabnahc.c New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, mamy people seem to have the same problem: tired of transmigration, tired of not-actually-a-villain and boy do I have TWO stories for you because these are the first two I can think of at the top of my head:

Resetting Lady: She's not a transmigrator, she's stuck in a time loop and goes insane, going off on a bunch of murder sprees(for good enough reason)

The One Within The Villainess: She's the original villain of a Villainous take over story, except she's stuck watching this girl from Japan take over her body, but she loves this girl to the moon and back and when the original female lead turns out to be a UGH, she comes out and starts revenge because the bitch ruined her girls' life :)

7. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Necro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.