Recommendations Villainous MC!

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Kronos, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    So as the title said, anyone knows of a novel with a truly villainous main character?

im tired about the common CN mc where they're threatened by arrogant young masters because of some petty reason and has to self defence and get the moral high ground for exacting his revenge.

or the stereotypical goody two shoes stupidly naive JP mc that is all about peace and love and just agrees with about anyone cause of his extreme pacifism.

I want to know if there's actually a story; manga or novel of any kind(not limited to CN, KR, JP) that has a main character who is outright evil from the start or a short backstory of why he is like this.

completely cold blooded and merciless. would bully anyone he doesn't like or even kill. rob whatever he wants or just takes pleasure in other's misfortune.

something along those lines but flexible enough and not limited to such scenarios.

i guess the only actual story i read that comes close would be

Summoned Slaughterer.

story outright tells the readers that he isn't a nice guy, he still has principles (wont kill kids, just their parents), has an insatiable taste for blood and causing conflict etc. but still remains "human" to everyone else he doesn't "need/want" to kill.

so thats about it.

tl;dr

anyone know a story like "Summoned Slaughterer"? MC who author doesn't sprinkle with having moral high ground and such bs.

2. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kronos likes this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Summoned slaughter is just psychotic for the lolz. Reverend Insanity is actually Final Boss material with well thought out actions as he destroys not only the world but our pure hearts, one bear at a time. :blob_coughblood:

A5G_Reaper, Haeru and Kronos like this.
  4. fukayuu69

fukayuu69 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Rice1321

Rice1321 Daoist Curious Fall

Reading List:
    Link
    Kronos likes this.
  8. -Timewaster-

-Timewaster- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honorous Jorg Ancrath

9. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all for your replies!

I'll look up all the suggestions you guys provided :D

10. Berenice96

Berenice96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity. I would say that mc is a psychopath or maybe sociopath. He doesn't care for morality, doesn't show any remorse. He's cold-blooded, ruthless and manipulative. But he's not evil just for fun - he's focused solely on his goal. I think he generally fits your requirements, but it's hard to say that he remains 'human' for other people, as he doesn't have any humane feelings like love, affection etc. Well, for me he is a perfect example of villainous mc.

Kronos likes this.
  11. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks! I'll look it up, this pretty much fits what I wanted to read lol

getting tired of all the cliched "good guy" protagonists and all the bs author does to glitter it up with.

12. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    My sides. Curse you.

elengee likes this.
  13. sythcake

sythcake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu has a decent MC, but the story is ruined by the fact that if anything can go wrong for the MC, then it will.. Like the author srsly hates his own character and does anything to make his life miserable.. and it only gets worse the further u go into the story..

The Evil Organization Recruitment Ad also doesn’t exactly fit the bill, since it’s one of those bullshit plots where the villains are actually misunderstood good guys and the so called good guys are actually the real villains which is fucking misleading bullshit in my opinion..

Warlock of the Magus World has a similar problem as Daoist Gu and to add to that, whenever the story actually gets on track and our mc shows signs of actually being a badass, he suddenly suffers from a powerdrop cuz of a wound or curse and sum such bullshit..

Renegade Immortal also doesn’t exactly fit the bill since it takes quite a few chapters for him to turn evil and from what I’ve heard, he quickly mellows down after that and becomes your typical chinese mc..

You can check out my thread here for villain protagonists.. has a list of stories that I found and some decent recommendations in the comments..
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/evil-protagonist.35420/#post-2783759

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  14. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    You must have not heard of Berserk.

15. sythcake

sythcake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Berserk, he at least survived.. Meanwhile in School Life, the mc was cut up in pieces by one of his lovers)
    In Gantz, the whole main cast was outright murdered in the last episode..
    In Ga-Rei, the first episode shows everyone getting killed and the next 11 episodes is a story of how it came to it..

16. Toxicane

Toxicane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu, Has cognitive empathy but never let's it overwhelm/effect his decisions
    Warlock of the Magus World, More of a desperate anti-hero but given circumstances he'd pretty much do anything.
    Apartment for Rent, Pedophile/Rapist/Murderer that is too afraid to do anything so he watches other people do it.
    Soul of Negary, Similar to Fang yuan from Reverend Insanity but negary doesn't have any feelings thus came his devoidity of morals
    Ouroboros Record, Another anti-hero with a circumstance that forces him to do things he necessarily doesn't like
    Dungeon Defense, "everything is justifiable for the greater good" type of guy.