Picked Up Virtual World: Conquer the World

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by StaticHD, Mar 2, 2016.

1. StaticHD

StaticHD Supreme Novel Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Virtual World: Conquer the World

Raw Link: http://wangyouzhizonghengtianxia.quanben-xiaoshuo.com

Author: Lost Leaf <<失落叶 >>

Category: [Game World].

Previous Translation Group: Youjinsite Translations (un-active for 90+ days)

Why It Should Get Picked Up: Because it's entertaining and funny. It is pleasant and a light read.
    It also feels like a mixture of Shura’s Wrath & The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. This is kind of an old novel. In old RPG games, a player hits once, the monster hits once, and so on until one of them dies. I don’t know if dodge exists. This is what makes this series interesting. It's using the limited mentality of old rpg game facts, and bringing them into the virtual reality concept. Plus, it has over 1000 chapters.

Description: The MC of this novel is as poor as a church mouse - but doesn't seem to be as money craved like Weed. Where LMS or Ark dive into this obsessive behavior for money, this novel seems to dive into the pretty ladies. Although, his first encounter with a girl was actually to save her from some thugs while in her luxury car. The MC continuously checks out all the girls he encounters (both in-game and reality) and surprisingly has an extremely weird luck with women, and he is totally honest with his lustful feelings. I find this refreshing in Chinese novels. Most Chinese authors are rarely this direct. He gets a new job that requires him to play in the game world - and tries to conquer the virtual world.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. Daily

Daily 日々いちゃつく

Reading List:
    Link
    I was told that this was also the 2nd part of a trilogy

TLT > VW:CTW > VW:UUTS

Was also told that this was the best one among the trilogy.

I think it was Zen who told me? Not sure.

3. Italosprado

Italosprado Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Aure94100

Aure94100 French Cultivator from the No-Time Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why I can't help but dislike all the Virtual World trilogy. The world of all the MCs turn around girls. It's really annoying.

5. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Is youjinsite dead..? Or are they on a hiatus with posible comeback.. cause looking from their last update history, this novel seem to be one of their main actively translated ones.. beside GnDW. I know its the 3 month rule.. but...

6. angel_serena

angel_serena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    gndw is transalate by another translator

7. StaticHD

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried reading two of the other titles of the trilogy after reading the first 11 chapters of this series, but I got turned off quick. This one is the best out of the three. In my opinion at least.
    Yes, it is the same.
    Well, I understand what you mean. The Harem stereotype is strong in this trilogy, but this one seems to have some unique circumstances that works well with the story. If you endure some of the lustful descriptions, I'm sure you'll love this series just as much as regular novels.
    No, youjinsite is not dead. They are on hiatus. Something to do with moving to a new location and lacking access to the Internet or something. God and Devil World wasn't updated by them in just 11 days, and it was picked up by another translation group without any remorse. I get that VW: Conquer the World was introduced by them, but it's been over 90 days, and we still haven't heard from their group about anything since December last year. They have more than one person in that group, so if something happened, they should have been able to announce the issue. Whether if it's real-life issues, or personal issues, they had over 90 days to report something on their site. Patience can only get you so far.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  8. GODking

GODking Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember reading this last year. I wish there were more chapters.
    I always thought the translation group loved this series enough to translate it regularly.
    I guess life hit them hard.

9. StaticHD

Reading List:
    Link
    Just found out it was picked up a few weeks ago by http://ChinaNovel.net

Thanks for everyone spreading the message and getting this novel noticed. Thanks NovelUpdates.com for your community existence in getting this noticed as well.

Now, it's time to start reading new chapters.