Virused-Bluetooth headset: is it ok to connect it to a new device?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Sawanara murasaki, Oct 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    So as the title said, I've a Bluetooth headset and so I connected it to many devices like my old phone and laptop but both got viruses. So I'm going to connect this headset to my new phone which hasn't connected to any devices with viruses; free from viruses.
    So is it ok to connect? Won't my phone die of viruses(JK)? Will it be possible for my headset to be a vector (virus or bacterium carrier)?

Just wanna ask, cause I really² want to ensure that everything is gonna be alright~

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    If you mean virus as in PC virus, if this is the case then there is no problem, you can connect your headset to anything you want, a headset can't carry that kind of virus, if you mean virus as in the kind that affect living beings then yes it can carry that kind of virus, if you are not convinced or still in doubt you can always search online

Westeller and UnGrave like this.
  3. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep, headset can give you covid but it can't give you bsod ;p

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, the chance of your phone getting a virus is very very low. 99.999% of the time, just removing the application would fix whatever.

Second of all, the chance of that same virus to exploit the specific bluetooth of that specific device is extremely low. And even more so for something like a headset.

Aka, the chance of your headphones being infected is less than you winning the lottery 2x in a row. I wouldn't worry about it.