Request Visual novels? On Android!?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by GloomUnderNight, Nov 1, 2017.

1. GloomUnderNight

GloomUnderNight "DOMO HAJIMEMASHITE. I am STRING CUTTER" ©

Reading List:
    Link
    Well hello there, fellow nuffians, I have a question for ya... If you dont want to read my little preface (I swear to God, when I just started writing, it supposed to be little!), the question will be at the end of this post.

A couple of years ago my friend recommended me visual novel called "Endless Summer". As it was too embarassing for me to play this on PC because I used to live with my family, I used android version.

To that time, I didnt even know this kind of games even exist, but sice "Endless Summer" was about "pioneer camps" (something like boy/girl-scouts, I think) and because I was in a similar one myself and wanted to feel some nostalgy , I decided to give it a try. My first reaction was "uh... well...ok...". Nevertheless, my skepticism couldn't even held like 5 minutes, because the life situation of the MC was quite relatable to mine. And if you add to this awesome sounds, music, storytelling style, deep character personalities... In short, I fell in love with this game and fully completed it in no time.

After that I asked my friend to recommend me something similar to this, and he told me about "Katawa Shoujo". As you can think, it was way less relatable, but characters, story and especially music, which ideally complemented every scene, held me pretty tight, and I fully completed this one pretty fast too. Even now, I listen ost like this from time to time:

That is to say, my friend wasn't fan of VNs, and only recommended me the ones which he accidentally found (and liked them of cource). So when I asked him to recommend me another one, he only shrugged and said: "Sorry, but I dont know anymore of these"

Well, with the help of Google-sama I managed to find a wonderful thing, called VNDS interpreter, and decided to try something hardcore, so the next one was "The Song of Saya". Ignoring rape, monsters, monster rape, raping monsters and huge ammount of guro stuff, I still think this game has cute lovestory, and overall I pretty liked it. (what the fuck is wrong with me?)

And then I found Fate/Stay Night... It was absolute number one for me, I've never thought that I could be so emotional while reading/watching/playing something. But every time this music started playing, I ended up crying like a little b*tch:

After that due to some circumstances, I stopped playing VNs, and now I again have time for them (yay). But I noticed that I dont like playing them on PC, and prefer play them while laying in bed or sitting in the bus/underground (because of my studies, I end up travelling by bus/underground 3-4 hours a day).

So the question is: Is there a way to play VNs on android, other than VNDS? Maybe some kind of emulator or something. Recommend me please what are you using to play VNs.

2. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw you said you played Saya no Uta, I gave you a like. Simple!
    On another note, I don't play VN so can't help you.

GloomUnderNight likes this.
  3. Bunseth168

Bunseth168 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doki doki literature club.....only doki doki literature club...yes..yea...yes......there can only be one......only one...........one.....

4. NasVersix

NasVersix [Natural A-hole]

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently the visual novel, kono oozora ni tsubasa wo hirogete (if my heart had wings) is 100% available on android without an emulator, though you have to buy the game.

6. GloomUnderNight

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, Ill look for it!

I have it installed on my PC, and "Amnesia:The shattered memories" (or something) too, but still I'd like not to play VNs on PC

7. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
  8. NasVersix

NasVersix [Natural A-hole]

Reading List:
    Link
  9. GloomUnderNight

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try ds or psp emulators, I don't play visual novels much so you would have to search psp iso or ds' roms tho.
    Maybe you could even try a Ps2 emulator if your phone can handle it....

11. GloomUnderNight

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks

Ddraig likes this.
  12. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    The Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine was used to make Katawa Shoujo, as well as a ton of other Original English-Language Visual Novels. Most of the games are compatible with Android (post-2011, I think), and you can get them from the Games List at the homepage.