Recommendations VMMORPG novels like Shura's Wrath, King's Avatar, etc

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Spite, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Spite

Spite Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoy VMMORPG novels. Devoured LMS, Shura's Wrath, King's Avatar, SAO, Ark. Rank them in that order. Didnt even hate Zhan Long just need to read it 100 chapters at a time and then take a break for awhile.

Anything out there that i have missed in this category. Prefer stories with at least 40 chapters translated, preferably over 100.

2. FruitPunchSamurai-G

FruitPunchSamurai-G Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Goblin

Goblin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only Sense Online, is one. I also know a couple of original works if ur interested.

4. trvc

trvc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you could try "don't fear the reaper" on RRL

5. wildlordlubu

wildlordlubu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Onelifeonelove likes this.
  6. camroc

camroc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    whats that one wn/ln.. the MC has glasses... and they get stuck in a virtual world but hes one of the few original players that had achievements? something about expansion pack.. also theres Overlord and tate no yuusha (Shield Hero)...

7. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    http://mike777ac.com/hardcore-op-ness/
    (Warning 18+ especially for explict and frank sexual content with numerous fetishes such as necrophilia, bestiality, monstergirl, shota, etc.)
    Log Horizon (LN got DMC'ed so the anime went further than the translated novels)

Shield Hero is good (I originally forgot it).

8. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just check RRL, last I knew, at least half the stories were VRMMO based.

9. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Just remembered some more if you are still looking
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/death-march-kara-hajimaru-isekai-kyusoukyoku/
    Modern day game developer MC wakes up in a world similar to his game world. Accidentally became OP. Decides to vacation around this game world until he finds his way back. Eventually picks up (or adopts from your point of view) a group lolis of various races as his companions (but treats them as his children most) and there is an ever growing list of possible waifus for MC (but there is one women in his heart). More slice of life (such as the great quest for pickles) but plenty action (MC even has a masked persona for fighting demon lords in public).

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/god-and-devil-world/
    Our modern world is converted into a zombie infested game world. MC first tries to save his friends from the zombie hoards but eventually becomes leader of various survivor groups. MC is a slightly better version of MC from Peerless Martial God. Warning 18+ content (both gore and prevalent sexual content such as rape and sex slaves).

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/remonster/
    http://re-monster.wikia.com/wiki/Day_1-10
    MC is reincarnated as a goblin in a game like world. Each chapter is a day in the MC's life in this new world. MC uses his knowledge, combat experience (i.e. Space Marine from Warhammer 40K University), and special ability to become powerful and take over his tribe and expand the tribe's influence. Warning 18+ content (POWs are forced into becoming sex slaves for the tribe and MC does have massive orgies with his harem but content is typically not explicit). Top link is to the chapters posted on NU and both is to the Wiki that contains chapters beyond those which some are only MTLed.

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/slave-harem-in-the-labyrinth-of-the-other-world/
    A suicidal MC is transported into a game world with the ability to rearrange character build points and class(es) at will. Decides to live in this world as an adventurer exploring various dungeons, bounty hunting, and occasional merchant. Decides to use slaves as his party members whom all happen to be adult women of various races whom all agreed before hand to be sex slaves. Warning 18+ content but not explicit and mostly happens off screen (like "Can't wait for tonight" and then "found it hard to wake up this morning").

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/so-what-if-its-an-rpg-world/
    MC us reincarnated as a player in an VRMMORPG world with no memory except that this is a game world. Fairly fast pace and more of a parody of RPGs in general, but still has plenty of action. Lots of different aspects (dungeon crawls, PVP, quests, puzzles, battlegrounds, epic boss battles, factions, etc.) to this story. Lots of lolis surrounding the MC whom is dense like a typical japanese MC (but I think the novel is chinese but go figure).

Onelifeonelove and Jyakai like this.
  10. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Zhugenaut

Zhugenaut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Using "online" as keyword in fanfiction.net, I found several fan fiction and cross over stories.
    Change of Fate: Star Wars - SAO cross over.
    Dragon Age Online: Categorized under movie "How to train your dragon." It's SAO with dragon
    Hunter's Online: A Hunter X Hunter (manga/anime) fanfic with SAO influence.
    Silent Spirit Online: I think it's more of a romance story with VRMMO background.
    Be prepared to be disappointed from the lack of Status/Stats table.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  12. RANTMAN

RANTMAN PRESENTATION!

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Kings avatar is not a vmmorpg

15. Spite

Spite Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. There were a couple there that i had not looked at before.

16. Benise123

Benise123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    World Gate Online -Royal Road