News volare welcomes adventure romp 'Lost Treasure' and the continuation of 'Phoenix Ascending'!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by etvolare, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Announcement for Lost Treasure

Not only do we have an old favorite continuing on volare today, we’re also excited to announce the launch of a new mystery and adventure, Lost Treasure, written by 沈苔雅 (Shen Taiya) and translated by Sanguine!

[​IMG]

This is a short and sweet novel that fans of Tomb Raider, National Treasure, and Dan Brown novels might enjoy. Sanguine is also a tremendously talented writer and her translations are a joy to read!

From Sanguine herself:
    And from the novel:
    Lost Treasure launches today with 20% of the novel done already, and will be chuggin’ forward with daily releases. Come page through this novella for an easy read on your weekend afternoon~ And please give Sanguine and warm and sparkly welcome!

Lost Treasure NovelUpdates page: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/lost-treasure/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Announcement for Phoenix Ascending

I’m delighted to announce that Phoenix Ascending continues today under the care of HouseAu3! To celebrate its return, we’ve queued up 10 new chapters for you today~ and the release schedule going forwards will be 6x a week!

Back in February, I discovered a pretty significant plot hole that involved the third prince suddenly knowing Jun Huang, when just a few chapters ago we had the entire scene in the tent of him not knowing her and being very suspicious of the person who’d snuck into his tent. Generally, translators try to fix errors and holes when they crop up, but this was a bit outside the range of what I could do. Even if I’d fixed it, there was another scene a few chapters later in which the third prince has a deep heart to heart with Jun Huang. Needless to say, another facedesk moment.

So off it went back to the author for some fixin’ of that particular hole and some smaller ones that were derived from it. It was Chinese New Year in February, which is a super big deal in China. Basically, the entire month was out for the author. Then she came back to her usual updating schedule (6,000 characters a day), which means she really had to squeeze out time to rewrite a decent amount of the beginning of the novel.

After all was said and done, I was already a few months into Return of the Swallow and simply couldn’t do justice to PA anymore, since I also do SOTR. Sadly, translators don’t grow on trees, so we were looking for a while until House popped into our Pokeball. Following that, we found a few more plot holes that could thankfully be patched rather easily, so it’s been a bit start and stop as we wanted to make sure the updates this time go smoothly around!

So today, please put your hands together and give a sparkly welcome to HouseAu3, and off we go to chapter 30!

Novel Updates page for Phoenix Ascending: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/phoenix-ascending/

Blitz, WinByDying, Kuro_0ni and 7 others like this.
  2. McNoodle

McNoodle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooo. Will have to check out Lost Treasure based off of that blurb. So excited that PA is back too! Don't remember some of the characters' names lol but that shouldn't be a huge issue.

3. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Props to the author for fixing the plothole. :blob_pompom: Wonderful to hear, I didn't start reading Phoenix Ascending yet but I probably will later on.

Lost Treasure sounds like a breath of fresh air!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.