Vornado Air Circulator - Does it work?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by TooLazyToThink, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Chenners

Chenners Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mine is in storage so I can't get the wattage off the unit but its basically a floor fan. There are no cooling elements on it so its wattage shouldn't be much higher than a high powered oscillating fan.

2. Rebecca_Asistio

Rebecca_Asistio Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in the south. Without a dehumidfier, everything in the basment gets coated in mildew.

I bought a dehumidifier 7 years ago for my semi-finished basement. It has been running continuously for 7 years. It works and I love it.
    I have a drain in the floor, so I run a vented hose from the the water collection container in the dehumidifier to the floor drain. Without a vented hose, air gets trapped in the hose and it doesn't drain. (I just punched a few holes into the top of the hose to vent it.)
    My dehumidfier has a 2 quart water collection container. It will fill up in less than a day. Without the drain hose, it would always be overflowing.

[​IMG]

If you don't have a drain in your basement, you are going to have to find another way of dealing with all the water that is collected as the air is dehumidified. Maybe put the dehumidifier on a stand, with a drain hose dropping into a large 5-to-20 gallon container. You'll have to carry the container upstairs to dump it.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  3. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Also just to tag on to your post. Essentially an Air Conditioner does the same thing just maybe a little less efficient. As to water/ drain problem I recommend a condo pump, preferably a “Little Giant”. That way you could strap up and run the vinyl tubing to a sink or even to the outdoors. That way you won’t need to take care of the bucket.
    Just a suggestion.

Rebecca_Asistio likes this.