Recommendations Vrmmo...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Damsell in Distress, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    Need some recommendation of vrmmo story, NOT the isekai type and without the "I play game to get some money cause (insert family/personal financial problem here)"
    Preferably op mc that got some brain, not necessarily super smart, just have some common sense, no harem, loli, fairy, milf, useless bagage that are there just to show how great mc and last but not least the hardest one...!!! Dumb/script NPC, not one that can actively interact with player...

For reference
    Reader
    Thriller Paradise(this one got that clueless side kick tho and highly interactive NPC)

thanks a lot for the help...

2. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Calavente

Calavente Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nah.
    I don't think Rebirth of the thief corresponds to the request... you can get the impression it's like that but in fact it's "I need money to save my family from bankrupcy and get revenge from the guy that pushed them into it, and I'm now going to be the greatest business company ever"...
    and "I'm in love forever and ever with the strongest, purest girl ever, that is so strong that she follows his progression despite not having his future-knowledge".

I'd propose Reign of the Hunter
    Come back from the future ; just wants to not be a loner like in previous life ; change class from previous life.
    it's great.

Damsell in Distress likes this.
  4. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Calavente

Calavente Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd further add :
    Overgeared (even if he is kinda stoopid and not really likeable for the 50-100 early chapters)

and Ranker’s Return seems nice but we are early game.

6. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Wujigege and Damsell in Distress like this.
  7. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Infinite Dendo

8. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    LMS need money tho...

9. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    wasn't that just at the start to pay the debt(wich was settled with the sales of the previous account games)
    after that it's just the MC who love to "work hard"....

10. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    The debt was payed of 2 years before the begining of the story by selling his account from another game.
    Right after using all the money he earned from the sale, by paying of his loan, he made a bet with the loan shark.
    The conversation went some thing like this (if i remember correctly):
    *loan shark, leaves MC with a small amount of money*
    MC: Everything you have done to us i will return back to you!
    LS: You just got lucky this time, and will not even make this amount if you work for the rest of your life. Let's make a bet , you collect X amount in X years and i will treat you with respect. (might not be respect but something along that line)
    *MC trains for X years before he starts playing the VR game*

So technicly MC DON'T need money, but do so because of his pride. His habit of making money wherever he can (from being poor and indebt all his life). Greed and living a meager life is beaten into him, and has beckome part of his personality. but at the same time, he does not spare no expence to make his family happy. And make a bright future for them.

11. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a list of about 5, but then I reread the "Dumb/Scripted NPC's, not Intelligent ones" requirement, which cut it down to two.

Originstory the VRMMO: The Advent of Axebear. Despite the script's full width being large and complicated, the NPC's of this are just scripted NPC's. Except the ones that are played by the Dev's, because there are NPC's who are played by a rotation of real people. MC is a competent female who likes playing berserker classes builds... and is completely useless at support builds because she doesn't care enough to keep paying attention to all that detail in the fight. She's playing for fun, and is more than willing to go down a horrible character build if she thinks she'll find it more fun than the strong one. Exactly what you're looking for.

Tidal Lock. Warning, has not updated in 13 months. From where the story starts, character's only interact with NPC mook's. A good sci-fi story that would be better if the author continued it instead of slowly dropping off the face of the earth around chapter 30, with no updates at all after chapter 35.