Spoiler (Wúshuāng) Peerless/Unparalled

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by meridianna, May 4, 2019.

1. meridianna

meridianna Suffering Ikemen Best Civilization

Reading List:
    Link
    nobody made so i excuse myself (again)~
    also because Momoe Pom, main TLor said she was going hiatus (https://blackbox-tl.com/2019/04/26/hiatus-notice/). so......
    a̶n̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶e̶m̶p̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶m̶o̶t̶e̶
    *cough*
    title: Wu Shuang (Peerless or Unparalled)
    link NU: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/peerless/
    yes, i've done the review but gosh it's so good that i feel like i need to make spoiler thread about this novel.
    why good? basically the plot is very unusual and tricky, i was almost misled several times. also the pairing is just so dope. one of greatest example of opposite-attract and rival-rival pair.
    Feng Xiao/FX, a super narcissist seme/gong x Cui Buqu/CB (or Boling? MTL name, not sure) a sickly but poisonous uke/shou
    as always, correct me if i'm wrong coz this one is from MTL~
    from the convoy murder case, it was a chain of events that led to a coup. i over-simplified the plot, the real plot isn't that simple. after encountering many problems, our CP finally drew conclusion that every thing happened is a deliberate plan to dethrone current emperor. the culprit was a hidden organization that had infiltrated almost every important positions in court and trade (but i forget the name lmao. it starts with 13-something). the leader of this group is a imperial member, Xiao Lu (MTL name), i'm not sure what's the connections with current emperor but this guy is actually not bad person. it's just he was born with defects in his hand so that he was underestimated in the world he lived in. no matter what he did, he would not reach higher place. his right hand is broken, he has fetal poison that must be repressed by martial art. so before he died, he tried to fulfill his dream as a ruler, as a way to show his existence. he himself is actually very talented and capable to create such organization and overthrow the emperor. if not there's our CP. he even could match with FX in martial arts. if not because of his illness, he might win from FX. i must admit, his plan is very deliberate and concealed so at first i only thought him as good guy. even in the ending, i can't really blame him.
    if i had to say, he's a bit similar to JGY (MDZS). but the difference; i see JGY as poor guy with dirty tricks, while i see XL as dangerous - but - noble person. really, if not because of our CP, he would succeed. he had persuaded CB's mentor into his organization, he also persuaded both FX and CB. fortunately both refused...........well in heart. both still had courage to trick XL and convinced CB's mentor to separate with the organization. and killed several key members of the organization. less people better situation.
    XL actually regarded CB as his equal. both had some disabilities, but mind is very smart to the point of master, and fiery in heart. however CB said he was too ambitious, unlike CB who only wanted to be alive and protect innocent-but-idiot people.
    << there are many 'stupid persons' in this world. such as Yu (his mother), Su Jimin, they are kind and often help others but they don't have enough ability to protect themselves. but he (CB) is different. he is iron-hearted and scheming. he can help these people to avoid dangers. >>
    FX and CB are really the most memorable pairing for me. their banter are...... wow.
    i swear our CP is.......really amusing. their interactions are so f8cked up but very matched to each other. their banters are not classic/simple rival-rival pairing where one gets mad then the other one just sneers. no, in this novel both shou and gong are equally taunting each other. ofc, both are adult anyway.
    other than ridiculous cross-dressing i've told in review, their first meeting isn't really good. CB literally was caught by FX as a suspect of the murder case and imprisoned. FX be like "you see, there's thing worse than death. i will show you and then you must spill everything you know." REALLY DAMN THIS GUY. in this imprisonment, CB was put in room, total darkness so that he was getting disoriented and mad. it was noted that even the strong martial artists could not be sane after this treatment. if you had read The Pathology of Boredom by Heron, W., the situation is similar. FX waited for CB but even though CB's body was sick, his mind was the strongest. CB could stand this condition. thinking it's not enough, FX then poisoned CB with his signature venom (basically only FX could heal CB) so that CB couldn't do anything except accepting FX's request. WTF REALLY.
    thinking CB docilely accepted was very naive. CB was actually vengeful guy. he would not forget what FX did. so in public where FX investigated the murder case (he brought CB also), CB said things that would destroy FX's image. even after this, CB would not miss any chance to put FX in mud. PLS PPL.
    things get better (romantically) after both worked together in a part where both were trapped together.
    FX was truly a master tbh, his face was the top, but very narcissist. even while cross-dressing, he preferred to be most beautiful lady than standard one. and so, while he was fighting in woman's attire, the enemies couldn't recognize him as the Secong Young Master of Feng House. he still even had the chance to play husband-wife with CB, while fighting, making things really weird. lmao. his martial art was also the top. he could be in Top Ten Ranking but because he was mostly in court, so people at Jianghu didn't know him. his mind was also sharp. that's the reason he could pinpoint CB as Queen's agent and predict what CB would do. he even could fool people, mostly the victim was his trusted subordinate. FX finally thought he liked CB when he thought that the world would be very boring if there's no CB. because of CB, things were getting interesting. at one point, FX tried to recruit CB to his House of Blades but ofc CB refused. frankly, FX is not a good/gentle guy, he could kill beautiful lady as easy as snapping finger. well the lady was enemy so that's justified tbh. also, he once stabbed CB to fool people. he said it was necessary so that the enemy wouldn't think they were together. although FX did avoid the vital points but still...................BRUH.
    now CB, his body was indeed not good. it took twice as long for him to recover from normal illness like cold/flu. it's always said he would not live long. but his will to live was very strong. many times he got in troubles, esp with FX, and almost died (to the point CB's subordinate hated FX so much. because whenever with FX, CB went home with wounds and in critical condition). but every time he stood up and lived. his mind is also the best, so that when he was young, a master took his as disciple albeit informally. and he could be the Queen's agent without family's backup, purely by talent. in NU page, there's words "this sick bastard", welp, it was CB indeed. he was not gentle, his mouth was poisonous, he wouldn't smile sincerely/gently, he put grudges in his (mental) book, his face was normal, even pale because of sickness. really, it was the mind that makes CB very unique. actually, his childhood was considered bad/tragic. as opposed to FX (his family was good, his talent was great, nothing he couldn't get), CB's mother died early. it's a bit complex, because of the problem including his mother and his father (not his mom's husband), he was alienated in his family home. even his sickness was caused by his aunt. the only one who was good to him was the family doctor (Su Jimin). even still small, he was smart enough to know that he would not survive in that house. so the doctor fabricated his death and he traveled to many places. at first he was adopted by some good guy. however that adopted parent died because of bandit and he was alone again. then he met some master and became his unofficial disciples. then he rose again and became like now. there's an arc that told about his family. ofc, he would avenge his mother. but surprisingly, what he did was not contradicted with his status as Queen's agent. everything was done formally and in-line with law. it's just his grandparent and uncle (father) really did wrong so he thought although he did nothing, this family would fall. he only accelerated things.
    the part where CB told his past to FX is solemn and sad. but as if wanted to conceal tears, there fell rain while CB visited his mother's grave. then FX piggyback-ed him because CB's illness started again.
    CB's feeling to FX is pretty mixed. he was really annoyed to FX's narcissist, he still tried to make troubles for FX (like giving him skincare for women or making his hair smell bad) but at same time he knew that FX's face indeed the best. he felt both of them were same, only depended to oneself, never to others. i couldn't tell precisely where and why, but CB really never wanted FX to die. so whenever FX in trouble, CB still tried to save him even if, frankly, he couldn't do with his body. but his mouth indeed was quick and he was cunning, he still could direct FX to kill enemy or confuse the enemy.
    i really like this novel. i think it is the best novel, well for me, because the dog-blood drama is low or almost non-existent, the interactions between chars are amusing, tricks and plot twists are high. CB is not poor person, never wanted to be pitied and really, he is strong. FX also never consoled him or pleased him like a wife/lover. FX really treated CB as his equal.
    at one part, FX gave CB the list of important people which was considered very valuable. but FX never gave to him easily. he took CB in chess-like game, made a bet with him. if CB won, FX would give the data. if FX won, CB had to accept FX's request. and yeaa FX let him win, deliberately ofc. only FX's subordinate knew that FX didn't really try hard to win. at which FX replied "you think i wouldn't try to win?"
    what makes my heart really warm is, it's implied that both are still together albeit the contradictions.
    the connection with Thousand Autumns is really subtle tbh. only the setting and the imperial family are the same..... well not really, this novel took after Thousand Autumns. the dynasty changed. i seem to remember the author said that it was because TA is mostly about martial arts world, and Peerless is mostly about court and politics so those worlds are different and not clashed too often.
    the only thing i could get is a small theater after chapter 129. you know, those things may or may not be canon.
    both pairings met the other respectively.
    CB met Ah-Jiao when the former seriously trimmed flowers and trees but ended up destroying them. Ah-Jiao took the scissors from CB and then CB recognized him as 1st-rank master even though he rarely went down from mountain. Ah-Jiao, as gentle person as he always be, asked CB's name. CB told his name but Ah-Jiao never knew the meaning of name and just said "what a good name!" (tbh i also couldn't tell the significance of CB's name)
    meanwhile Yan Wushi met FX. as younger generation, he had to greet predecessor and be little modest. recognizing FX's origin, Yan only nodded and said, "Your appearance and grace are very good but can only be the second."
    FX thought that he didn't wanna know who was the first.
    alright Sovereign Yan, we all know who is the first, your darling Shen Qiao/Ah-Jiao right.
    i̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Jadeite524 likes this.
  2. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
  3. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    new cover??
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  4. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    crap, i might have made mistakes
    but this novels.........everything is so vague, never truly blatant and clear enough.
    pls rest assured, Joan has been translating it!!
    https://wushuang.carrd.co/
    for the glory of fengcui~

Melo-nie and Chuki Yuuki like this.
  5. BingQui Fantard

BingQui Fantard Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently obsessed with this novel. This deserves more attention. I love the chemistry of the MC and ML. No boring chapters. And you should never skip any chaps cause you might miss some of their savaged constant bickering. The latest update is currently at chap 122 I think. I'm still in Arc 2 but damn.... I am soooo into it. CB is a brilliant strategist I am such a fantard!!!

Melo-nie and meridianna like this.
  6. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    indeed! one of the best danmei out there that focuses on plot not 'romance'.
    and yes, there never exists boring moment.
    well... i did mtl this till end, but still reading the translated chaps.
    such good read, rereading many times still feels interesting.

7. KeyLyme

KeyLyme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At what point does their romance develop?

8. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    the recent translated chapters.
    it's very.... difficult to determine. i argue around ch90s, but the romance will be really shown at 110s.
    everything is so vague, but then you realize the feeling is so deep that the CP will not doubt to throw their life for the other one. they still bicker tho.
    so rather that searching for romance and TLC moment, just enjoy their bickering life in the beginning.

Melo-nie likes this.
  9. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...i just feel like this two CP are in a sort of an abusive relationship from the spoiler

10. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO
    don't worry it's not abusive or anything like, just bickering nonstop.
    kind of harmless to boot

11. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im not talking about the bickering. Its more of their actions against each other

12. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    that only happened in the early part. after that, mostly they joined hands.
    after all, they were in same side in court even though didn't really like each other. can't say they're in abusive relationship, coz first of all, they were not in relationship when the actions happened. the taunting feels like (bad) joke so albeit annoying, not endangering lives.
    think it as.... the mouth is taunting, but the hands are helping.
    no matter what happened, Feng Xiao still saved Cui Buqu and vice versa.
    it's just their talking together.... could make people around them feel uncomfortable. is there malicious intention? nope, there isn't.
    i can say it after reading some ridiculous dog-blood drama.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  13. Raisins

Raisins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Y'all we gonna talk about that part in chapter 16 during the aution when Cui Buqin pretend he got forcefully taken by Feng Ciao, and accused him of having a heavy sm relationship with his nonexistent sister. Cause that was hilarious.
    Man's reputation just ..

Melo-nie and meridianna like this.
  14. Melo-nie

Melo-nie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me how long Cui Buqu will live:blobsob::blobpensive:.....its makes me depressed every-time I think about how he has poor health.....:notlikeblob:

15. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    till end of novel he is still alive, so rest assured hahahaa
    also in the extra, it's implied he lives long enough, i don't know how long tho

edti: oh ye i forgot
    WUSHUANG MANHUAAA
    will be online on Nov 15! :blobtaco::blobtaco:
    [​IMG]

edit: alright guys, it's delayed to Dec 15 :blobconfounded:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    Licht Heiter and Melo-nie like this.
  16. lee jihye

lee jihye Member

Reading List:
    Link
    where can i read it?