LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya. She would have the available energy and raw power of a Rank 9 yet she would be sorely lacking when it comes to comprehesion of that domain of power.
    Hence the whole Half-step Rank 9 distinction.

Also assuming Shar kills someone here the Shadow World will have leveled up to a equivalent level to the Magus World.

2. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So will Leylin use that weave takeover spell he has? Although it’s another world he could use the AI chip to convert it to shadow world’s System.

3. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't actually need to convert it. he already got shar to retreat by waving it around and apparently it would work better here because the weave here is weaker...

wonderer likes this.
  4. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    For reasons I won't spoil (but pretty obvious), the spell can only be used once by a person, and Leylin uses in Gods' World.

wonderer likes this.
  5. baelar

baelar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please dont spoil it but is the ending of this novel rushed???

• There are a 100 chapters left and this shadow world situation is not resolved yet.
    • Theres still the lvl 8 bad guys from the dream world.
    • The situation in the world of the gods is currently paused as well.
    • He has not completed the origin weapon either.
    From the looks of it Leylin will just fuse with his God clone and literally become the real God of that universe and just erase every enemy in a few chapters. I just feel that there so much story left that will be condensed in the remaining 100 chapters.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  6. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s a little over 100. Like 125 or some around that. Next arc is fast paced by nature but it won’t feel rushed, if I remember correctly. The shadow World arc is finishing soon. The next arc feels a lot like the world of gods arc

7. Defiant_Deviant

Defiant_Deviant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me or is all this really boring? This latter part of the novel hasn't been as good, imo. The beginning and middle parts were better.

wonderer and blablabla12 like this.
  8. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it got worse when he got the allsnake curse.
    I've been skipping over all the side character parts in this arc, I can't bring myself to care about them.

blablabla12 and mrttao like this.
  9. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? Him fucking over Pretty Snake Lady and Hungry-Hungry-Hippo was one of the best, if not best parts of the novel. The time spent as an old man was entertaining too.

scro and mrttao like this.
  10. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    What is Snake Doe if Leylin is magnus, and Shar is a god turned magi? I know the trials eye, filth bird, thieving dragon etc are being of law but they aren't magi or gods. So how do they get their power to rank 8? Do they get a shot at rank 9 like magi and gods???

mrttao likes this.
  11. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    Got another problem: the Targaryen phantom
    We all know at this point that Leyin freed himself from Allsnake, Snake Dowager. Creating the Targaryen bloodline. But when Leylin is using his bloodline abilities why does a Targaryen, winged serpent, appear behind him if he's the creator? Don't these primal forms come from ancient beasts that once'd lived? Shouldn't it be Leylin himself? Should there be anything behind him as the creator? Can't a being of laws basically chose whatever form of life they desire?

I'd let this go if it was just his descendants...

12. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Some sentences from Leylin like « Borrowed power would never be his » bothers me a bit. After all he is always relying on the A.I. Chip, never expected it to betray him. Also, author add often the « The A.I. Chip loyally carried out Leylin’s orders », maybe he thought also that it don’t fit Leylin’s personality, that’s why he wants let readers know how loyal is the A.I. Chip. :hmm:
    Did it ever bothered someone else beside me?:blobawkward:

13. wonderer

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe because it isn't complete yet? As the Targaryen bloodline although is a rank 7(?) bloodline, isn't the form needed for eternality which leylin is seeking. and therefore its just a shadow of a winged serpent because he would only get rid of the shadow and would make it his "true" form once he reached rank 9 or eternity and obtain what he sees as a "perfect" bloodline/beast thing. just a guess.

And is Mother core world's will of magus world in secret? as she can control orgin force of the world. because i don't think that a world would leave the management of its precious orgin force to someone else

14. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure that's because it is Leylin's form. Sure, Leylin might have become the new progenitor of the Targaryen bloodline, but it is a fact that his bloodline came from the Snake Dowager, it's just that Leylin managed to retain independence. That's why the Shadow World accepted Leylin's entry into the world, rather than trying to expel/suppress him.

mrttao likes this.
  15. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Leylin is not human anymore. He is a god in the form of a giant winged snake with a horn a 3rd eye that happens to prefer to appear in a human shape when interacting with other beings.

A giant snake with a horn, wings, third eye, etc has never lived before. Remember how leylin and others mentioned that his path of advancement was blocked after he became a kemoyin serpant king at rank 5?

That is because after kemoyin serpant he had nothing to evolve to, there was no real creature in the kemoyin family after kemoyin serpant, all changes made since then were leylin inventing new creatures to transform into from scratch.

Also, when the allsnake was showing a phantom of many different snakes that lived in the past, it was not a phantom of her other form but merely a 1 use consumable attack she crafted from the lives of those snakes. Furthermore, they certainly were not her ancestors but her descendants.

Viola likes this.
  16. wonderer

Reading List:
    Link
    has anyone here read the mechanical god emperor? I read the summary of it, and it seems pretty much like what would happen after the final war in WMW. although its not by the same author and probably in no way related to it.

And so far, what the "truth" of WMW? at the start of the series, its stated magus are in search of the truth. And after all this time, the only thing that I see as the truth is that "power is everything" or eternity?, whatever truth that s supose to represent.

17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You misunderstand, the magi's "truth" is "scientific fact" not some bullshit philosophy.

Magi are in search of the truth, they do so by scientifically analyzing magic. They focus on mental enhancement over physical ones. They recuse themselves from the mortal world. They perform horribly unethical experiments to get more knowledge without regard to who is hurt.

Viola and wonderer like this.
  18. kikman

kikman Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been wondering about this for a long time. It is said that the Gods are invincible in their holy kingdoms but their power of faith will greatly weaken when they are out of their home. Which means absolute defence and very poor offense. So how could they damage the Magus's world wills and even put it into a slumber when they cannot counterattack? Did the Magus world wills come in it own to attack the WoG and got injured?

19. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure the Gods didn't attack the Magus World Will, rather the WoG World Will attacked the Magus World Will.
    Since they are equal in strength, they both damaged each other to the extent that they both had to undergo a coma to recover (essentially).

mrttao likes this.
  20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was the other way around.
    The magus world world will attacked the WOG world will, and they both sustained heavy injuries in the clash

Also, we just learned that any rank7+ being is by definition at least 1% of a world will. Meaning every single one of them that falls is a serious injury to the soul of a world will

VixenKiss likes this.