LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't call it unbearable but that stretch of chapters that you gave up on does seem to be everyone's least favorite.

2. Maraderchik

Maraderchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ending disappoint me as well. Half-assed sentence about "Oh, there something with exactly same level of strength as me and i'm not so unique, what an unexpected thing?!"

3. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    “This is rank 9?” he asked himself, “All-knowing and omnipotent.”

-Omnipotent=can't die.

4. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently that open ending gets resolved in the next novel that continues in this universe.

5. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel doesn't follow our normal conventions. You can still be "all powerful" and die.
    "Omnipotent" also means "unlimited power" or "having great power and influence," not "can't die" as you so stated.

6. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Then how should i stand for my opinion? Omnipotent is omnipotent and i'm not sure there any other definition about this. The only one way he's can die it's if he want it but then he might wanna revive, and voila he's alive.

7. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the path to the next novel make me not to want to read it...

8. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no challenging villains towards the end or in the entire novel I suppose. Read 'Reverend Insanity', it has challenging villains and more brutality while it's relatively more grounded.

Maraderchik likes this.
  9. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Omnipotent means all powerful.

All powerful does not on its own equate to immortal or undying.
    You are ascribing definitions to Omnipotent that don't necessarily apply.

It's fine if you define that word in a different way but the author doesn't have to cater to your specific definition.

Sure. You dislike interconnected universes I suppose. That's fine.

It is only a cameo that Leylin gets anyways.

LIGHTDX and VixenKiss like this.
  10. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    All powerful mean you can everything, quite literally everything. How can you die if it's against your will?
    Can you give some example for omnipotent being who can die? From any source.

No i'm not. Though i dislike that he's found gazilion of same as him powerful beings, while it's clearly should be final stage. The rule about rank 9 entity just fall apart because Leilyn found it's nothing special at all to be rank 9... What's the big point in the end? Or the point of the novel is - "You are not someone special Leylin?"

11. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    In both Greek and Norse mythology, the gods are described as omnipotent but still can be tricked or killed by mortals. Shit, Ares the fucking God of War lost a fight to a mortal and ended up trapped in a bottle for a good while.

12. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, i think i read it but not now. 238/1200 it's a long way... Hopefully it won't be a second Reincarnator:)

13. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    But they not.

14. HappyHavak

Reading List:
    Link
    So by your logic, even if someone is described in writing as omnipotent, they might not be. Ok. I can accept that, exaggeration is a thing. So why are you so caught up on that word in a webnovel? Seems contradictory to me.

15. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, because MC(author) himself said he's omnipotent. If mortals sees the gods as omnipotent that's not make them omnipotent.
    Yes, it's my be kinda biased because Leylin have no feat. But Greek and North gods haven't any omnipotent feat too.
    Edit: And i kinda feel bad about whole "feat of omnipotent" thing...

16. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, everything in these novels are done to scale. You can have something described as 'utterly unbreakable' but that's only taking into account the introduced power levels. As soon as you get to later stages in cultivation, they throw out new 'absolute' descriptions.

Following this logic, Leylin would be defined as omnipotent in his universe, but not to every being outside of it.

Tldr: Don't take absolutes literally in cultivation novels.

17. HappyHavak

Reading List:
    Link
    In that case what word would you use? I imagine omnipotent was chosen because it's the best fit. After all, it sounds better than 'really, really fucking strong. Like, even stronger than these other really strong guys.'

18. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Nigh-Omnipotent?

19. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Omnipotence in and of itself is a logical fallacy.
    If you are Omnipotent you have infinite power and should be able to create something so heavy that you are unable to lift it. But if you are unable to lift it then you are a being of finite power and therefore not omnipotent. You can't have both and it is therefore a fallacy.

You can die by meeting another Omnipotent being. Though i digress, it is still a fallacy.

All in all omnipotence has a lot to do with perspective. A toddler sees their parents as all-powerful and the strongest beings in existence. IRL Christians see God as Omnipotent yet they have no way to grasp whether or not he is just unfathomably more powerful compared to them or if his power really is limitless. (Assuming he exists)

The entire word is so riddle with problems that in use, it should never be used, but it gives you a sense of awe so Authors use it all the time. What better way to say someone has reached the top than to call him Omnipotent.

Or you add context when you use Omnipotent or just add a Caveat to it. Then you can use it too.

It Clearly is not the final Stage, the novel says so itself if i recall correctly. The entire point was to leave the ending open so the Author could use Leylin as a tie in to his next novel... which from what i heard was done well and pretty satisfying if you have read WMW first.

In the next novel Leylin isn't the MC but when he shows up he has achieved Rank 10 and by the novels description is now truly Eternal everywhere.

Just because a novel is left open with a higher level or beings as powerful as he is doesn't make it bad. If so over 99% of books in existence would be utter trash.

20. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    what was the next novel?

is it translated somewhere?