LCD Way of the Devil

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by douchi, Aug 19, 2017.

1. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, in that way this novel is kind of gritty and i guess he's trying for a 'horror' feeling. Still, the way she was that calm about it i don't think it's that simple. And lol, 'oh hey, imagine all the yin i can get from these 100 lineages!!!'.
    I'm also wondering what the mask does besides help cultivation, maybe suppress the face inside or enhance it. I'm hoping he'll get some kind of shapeshifting face so he can pretend to be someone else and actually participate in that meeting and or raid other lineages for their heritages. (at least the ones hostile to prime devil sect) and help his benefactor , against her stronger sister and the rest. (i'm assming she'll be his primary waifu since the other one said he'd need a competent main one and who's more competent than her. Apart from the slutty one.)

Astaroth likes this.
  2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like He Ningzi or whatever she was called had something to her after all.

Actually, I remember that guy who turned traitor said something about knowing her scheme or whatever it was the first time MC came to the sect. Since nothing ever happened I thought the author kind of just forgot about it, or that he was just paranoid or something, but maybe something will happen?

3. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Great fight coming up, going back wasn't really bad after all. LS finally getting the chance to properly use his Turn Minion skill too.

4. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    i thought long legs was a ugly disfiguration that only his wife will have. now this new got it if that's the case the wife has lost a lot of appeal.

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't specifically mentioned to be longer than their society's ideal, just that the mc paid attention to it. Also, at some point it was mentioned that the shorter legs were mostly a regional thing and not the overal view of beauty for that whole world.

Kind of felt off for this novel to talk about a girl with melon tits and that society having no bras hopping and skipping around, i'm now picturing her slapping herself in the face with each hop.

6. kennykdogg

Reading List:
    Link
    she got shunned and felt unworthy of him just because of leg. i sure it's just a mortal thing but that was her unique trait. without it she's too bland of a character not say she had flavor to begin with

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    She had extremely long legs like a model from Earth, in an area where people liked short legs. If she were in another area she wouldn't be seen as a freak and be that insecure. But yes, her whole character is extremely 2D. Then again, that's why author made her the secondary waifu, leaving the primary waifu position open for what i'm expecting to be shuangyang juli or whatever, that noble girl that sheltered his sect.
    She'll probably be part of the peaceful noble faction and her older sister which she competes with will be the war like faction.

8. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, it doesn't really even matter. 0 screen time and it's not even mentioned that they did the thing even though it's heavily implied. Any kind of love scene is probably going to get skipped over, and there probably aren't many in the first place either.

I mean sure, in a lot of novels it's pretty much "...and they fucked", but I don't remember a single thing about anything in Way of the Devil. I wonder why the author even included a "love interest" at all.

Anyway, so now we know that MC will join the tournament or whatever it's going to be. I wonder how it will go, I'm assuming that he'll try to stay lowkey, but that seem kinda difficult. He wouldn't want to reveal that he's way more powerful than the higher ups think he are, or a lot of mysterious events might not be so mysterious anymore and the chances of getting busted would definitely go up.

I'm thinking that since it's about revealing the power of the sect's secret arts etc, perhaps he'll mostly rely on that devil intent stuff? Tbh I'm kinda disappointed that he didn't try it out yet... We still don't know what the effects are.

9. kennykdogg

Reading List:
    Link
    they haven't did the deed yet. i read mtl to about the raw and
    beside one of his incantation there is no romance

Astaroth likes this.
  10. Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls

Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still hoping for that one girl who's wardrobe was really Risque, I liked her

11. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hoping more regular release 2 chapter a day maybe. Hohoho

12. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Did I just spot a new chapter update?

Anyway...

It's as laughable as a mortal trying to fight demons, ghosts, and the supernatural world with martial arts.

Kinda ironic, considering that the MC knows that if your martial arts are high leveled enough / you've got enough internal Qi / your body is powerful enough, you actually can do exactly what the grand elder said...

This is some obvious foreshadowing imo, but MC doesn't seem to take notice of it at all. (Though it has been the case before that the MC take notice but the author doesn't mention it until later.)

13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, also when he was extrapoliting stuff, new things tend to merge and show up, like 'devil intent' or 'devil law' or whatever, so he's crossing that gap. Just like he crossed the gap from mortal to spiritual, spiritual to noble, noble to snake etc. lol.

14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I check in every other day to read the angry comments on QI, reminds me a bit of the HJC LCD thread on NUF actually

15. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanted new chapter

16. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    The worse novels on qi gets the fastest translation while the good ones are really slow or dropped.

kjtn77, I Eat Monsanto and Astaroth like this.
  17. Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls

Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoo new chapter, Anyone remember whether there was a test or not during the Unlaughing master arc I assume not since author had to tell us what happened, but it's interesting to assume that Lu Shengs strength isn't entirely Underground anymore, especially since the new meeting is coming up and he's pretty much almost mastered the Phantom listening lineage skills, things are gonna get wild

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Astaroth likes this.
  18. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Latest chapter was truly exciting, hopefully the chapters keep coming or I might have to MTL after all

19. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I might be forced to MTL. I wish it was on LNMTL then I would had finished it by now.

20. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't they have 2 translators before? And then they introduced a third and the release frequency plummeted. Wtf.