Spoiler Ways Talisman Emperor is mirrored by Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Stark3, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, the repetition got too much ( even for the xianxia genre). Author over uses the concept of lists maintained by objects that would magically know one's power ranking. It's like the author got too lazy to properly describe the extent of the MCs abilities and would just introduce a list somewhere in the area. Later on, the MC Would be described as better or worse than some person, and it would all be because some magical list says so.

2. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    How far did you make it (chapter no.)? Also, the raws seems incomplete on LNMTL, with sidestories not proper uploaded.
    At the point you reached how many Dao had he gained insight into?

3. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact chapter number, but I do remember progressing at least a 100 chapters since the last time I wrote something about it, which would put me at / past the 1k chapter mark. I don't think TE was in LNMTL at the time, was getting it direct from Systran without the benefit of the community improved dictionary >.<

Funny thing about the Dao ... I remember that was another of the peeves I had which eventually became too much for me. At the start of the novel there are a number of interesting Dao techniques you'd encounter from time to time, and there's a proper emphasis put on Dao insights. Later, however, it gets such a shallow treatment: no Dao techniques at all, and all that the Dao is used for is to add prestige energy to his sword attacks. You definitely get the feeling that the author is muddling along, using generic templated phrases about the Dao you'd find in a dozen other xianxia from time to time to keep up appearances. It doesn't really work that well though, it's nowhere near as free flowing or natural as when you read about it in IET novels.

TLDR summary about TE: Flashy beginning, runs out of steam early, drags down into the mud later on. There's the occasional gem of an idea that would keep you hopeful, but overall it's bad.

4. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    How far have you reached in Cultivation God? How OP is the MC now and how is the sect he established? Also, can his clones turn against him?

5. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished all 5215 chapters. :D
    At the end, he's pretty much unstoppable. Not only does he have the highest cultivation level in the Dao, he's also capable of using other techniques. Plus, he has 9 doppelgangers around the same level of power that he is. About his clones turning against him... it's actually possible with the doppelganger cultivation technique that he used. Other doppelganger techniques will only result in bodies that are much weaker than the original, but has no other side effects. The one he uses doesn't limit the doppelganger power, but they become uncontrollable when they exceed the actual user's strength. The MC has a very good rapport with his doppelgangers though - at times his bantering with them is fun to read

6. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoa. How long did you take, are you starting the sequel as well?

What is the bracelet (Your last answer, you state it was unknown)? Did MC get any other treasures?

Did the world only have the cultivation paths that the MC cultivated or were there more?

How powerful does Light Escape become when he masters it? Also, is lightning his specialization or light?

If you remember the full cultivation levels of a path, please state them.

7. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It took me a month or less I think to finish the whole thing. When I binge read, I BINGE READ. :p I'm not starting with the sequel for now there's too few chapters available as of yet. I'll get to it when there are at least 200 chapters available. Hopefully it gets to LNMTL by that time, Systransoft got harder to use - you can't just provide the web page URL to the raw and just navigate to the next chapter from there, now you have to copy / paste the chinese text into a translation box. Not convenient at all -_-

Bracelet is unknown. It's part of what makes it feel like an unfinished novel - you get the feeling that all of the mysteries in the first volume would be answered in the rest of the novel, or that the MC would get back to his original world (in the right timeline), but he doesn't. What makes it a bit frustrating is you get teased with that idea - the MC actually gets to his home world, but thousands of years in the past. You get to see that it was the MC himself that created the teleportation portal that he would eventually use in the future, but it doesn't tidy up any of the other loose ends (like where did the mansion come from, or what's the deal with the formation array he sensed during the birth of his nephew, etc). I hope they cover those items in the sequel.

The MC was able to cultivate all of the cultivation paths in the world(s) he went through, except for the monster based ones (2 of which his phoenix doppelgangers picks up). Supposedly, there are other cultivation paths for monsters aside from deriving energy from the stars / moon or from swallowing souls, but those are available starting in the higher realms. One of his phoenix doppelgangers was trapped in the void for a while and spent thousands of years in another dimension, and there he encountered people who didn't cultivate the Dao, but something more attuned to the void (from what I remember). That knowledge the doppelganger passed back to the MC, and became the basis for their ability to teleport / travel to other realms.

Light Escape was VERY underwhelming... The problem is, the MC was able to start the actual Light Escape cultivation only when there was around just a 100 (or 200?) chapters left. The prerequisites for the technique were just too high (mastery to the highest level of other elemental escape techniques) and required more than a little luck (the elemental sources are almost unique items). He was able to get the last elemental source very late, and he still needed time to refine his skeleton with its energies to boot. By this time the MC was already able to rip a crack in the void to teleport around in the world, so he hardly used it. It was kinda foreshadowed though that if the MC was able to get into stage 1 of light escape he would be able to use it to shift himself into pocket dimensions where two spaces coexist but within two different timezones. Again, something I hope would be elaborated on in the sequel.

His specialty ... was more on escaping than anything else. :p But yeah, he used a lightning based Dao cultivation path.

8. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the xianxia cultivation system? I mean I know it was Qi Refining, Foundation, Jindan, Yuanying and so on but were there any variations? Er Gen added Spirit Severing, etc.

Do all MC's doppelgangers enter Immortal World? What happens to MC when his body is separated into so many chunks? Do the doppelgangers fuse together into MC or are they kept in a training space or something?

How many girls? What happens to the first girl MC met in TLed chapters, she who left with the female Elder?

Also, do you remember a chapter where the full cultivation of a system (Buddhist, Confucian) was listed? Really interested in that.

9. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, can you edit Thread Title to Legend of Cultivation God spoilers? Check 'Thread Tools' beside Watch Thread option.

10. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Dao cultivation realms after Spirit Severing weren't really that highlighted. That's because MC encountered only up to that level of cultivator before getting sucked into another realm where the focus was on Confucianists, Buddhists, and Monster Cultivators. After that, the author mostly unified the cultivation realms for all systems into Origin Force (Origin Force level 1 up to 9)

Not all of the MC's doppelgangers ascended into a higher realm at the end of the book.The bone cultivation doppelganger doesn't have one to ascend to. The soul / witch cultivation doppelganger only felt a faint call, but that was surprising in itself because there wasn't a known higher realm that soul cultivators can go to. Demon dao doppelganger could travel to the Demon realm anytime he wanted, but wanted to finish witnessing everybody else ascending before leaving.

About the effect on MC's body, the doppelgangers themselves started off as pieces of the MC's own Primordial Spirit that he split off so that he could have a consciousness directly managing an aspect of his cultivation. Afterwards, MC included them during his Thunder Tribulations, making them grow stronger. Finally, he was able to obtain a cultivation technique specifically for strengthening Primordial Spirits, making them capable of materializing outside of his body. They aren't actually pieces of the MCs body.

The doppelgangers fuse together with the MC. Confucianist DG(doppelganger) resides in Middle Dantian, Daoist DG resides in Lower Dantian (along with MCs Golden Core), Buddhist DG resides in his forehead I think, etc etc. After a certain point and they're capable of materializing, they can enter the MCs internal space / world.

Identity of that girl is actually a major spoiler:
    Girl is current incarnation of the Heavenly Demon. Apparently, the original demon (which came to the world same time as the founders of the Misty and other Daoist sects), came up with an eternal life technique. It guarantees that whenever she has a child, that child would always be female. After the current incarnation dies, the consciousness is automatically transferred to the child, and the cycle continues.

Heavenly Demon incarnation will choose a mate, and execute a mystique so that that person will be devoted and faithful. The MC was this current incarnation's choice, which is why later on in the novel the MC will sometimes be incredibly illogical (and annoying) in his attempts just to make sure he's together with the girl.

11. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Only one girl for Xiaohua? No harem?

12. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Entire cultivation level table for Qi Cultivation, Confucianism, Buddhism and Monster Cultivation Revealed (Chapter 5612) Google searched a bit to get this.:

„......” Xiao Hua has not returned to Yu Qing Daoist, but sits above Good Fortune Royal Throne, looks to the people, said that „husband world is correct, the [say / way] lives one, the life two, two live three, three live All Living Things! All Living Things has mystical powers all can cultivation, is different because of the class, the perception varies, therefore skip road, Confucian, Buddha and monster!

Also minute Nascent Soul, Golden Core and Golden Body,

Nascent Soul or minute of Qi Refining, Foundation Establishment, Golden Core, Nascent Soul, Spirit Division, Void Refinement, Integration, Great Ascension and Transcending Tribulation all Jing, or

minute of Foundation Establishment, Opening Light, Harmonization, Heart Motion, Silent Spirit, Golden Core, Nascent Soul, Leaving Orifice, Spirit Division, Integration, Transcending Tribulation and Great Ascension all Jing \;

Golden Core minute of Essence Refining, Qi Transformation and Qi Refining, god and Spirit Refining, empty, Void Refinement, about saying all Jing \;

Golden Body nothing else but Nine Revolution Golden Body \;

The Confucian scholars cultivate Primordial Spirit, divides Refining Essence into Qi, Refining Qi Revitalizing Spirit, Refining Spirit Returning to Void and Refining Void Fusing with Heavens four Boundary,

among Boundary may call Novice Student and Glyph Student, Glyph Scholar, Glyph Master, Grand Master, Great Grandmaster, Glyph Saint and Glyph Star \;

Buddha, casts Ashen Relic, cultivates Meritorious Virtue , nothing else but Firm Virtue, Understanding Mundane, Like Dirt, Bright Stage, Emulating Lotus, Becoming Fleabane, Knotting Fetus, Halting Spirit and Growing Buddha Boundary,
    finally Blue Jewel, Venerate, Heavenly King, Vajra, Arhat, Bodhisattva, Buddha and other Buddha Fruit \;

Monster, directs the light of Star & Moon, cultivates Monster Body, undergoes Shedding Fur, Opening Wisdom, Condensing Light, Enlightened Star, Plucking Moon, Swallowing Sun and Receiving Heaven, finally Devouring Void achievement Great Saint......”

13. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    At first i thought TE was rly Bad(maybe not rly bad but not interesting and i still havent read a ch but i sure will after this)
    I mean how can sth about some Talisman be that Intresting? MC Is a Guy who makes talismans and ...thats it :p
    But now i know its not like that at all the should fix the summary for Te lol
    theres prob a lot like me who wont read it cause of summary(I hope i didnt get anything wrong)

sivasms likes this.
  14. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    It was the inspiration for Desolate Era, the same way that Wizard's World was the inspiration of Warlock of the Magus World. This also means that it is a worse version of Desolate Era as well...

15. SirDan

SirDan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more interested on the LOTCG spoilers rather than TE on this spoiler forum lol. IF anyone has more spoilers about LOTCG please either post more or message me

16. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    What novel is it?
    LOTCG?

And in Martial God Space how far are you?
    How many cultivation realms are there after Sage?
    Tnx lel

17. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of the Cultivation God. Stark3 completed it, all 5K+ chapters~!

Martial God Space... Half Step Great Sage, Sage, Half Step Transcendent, Transcendent Realm. There are more but I have only read until ch.850.

18. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh Nice
    And Tnx
    Too bad LOTCG isnt getting translated and i dont know Chinese...
    I would go read on LNMTL but i cant bother My eng isnt perfect anyways...
    Sad i thought ill get another novel to read :p

19. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Im here to ask how the Dao is ranked
    After Completed Dao Insight is it a Dao Domain ? Or sth else?
    Tnx

20. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    @sivasms Help us.

Mercy likes this.