Spoiler WDQK : rape or.... (Latest chapter)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by SovereignSamiul, Dec 29, 2015.

1. not_here

not_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what rape? The dead senior was just playing with his dolls...

Risus, aarush and maskedcerf like this.
  2. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I have a better analogy : Imagine two people forced at gunpoint to have sex with eachother. Both parties do not want this.This can be considered to be "under duress". Within certain limits a person may be found not guilty of a crime because he/she was under duress while doing the action.
    Legally this might end up as "non guilty" but it is still rape in the non-legal sense of the word since obviously the parties involved were not consenting.

TL;DR Rape had occured but they can't be truly held accountable aside from the old man who's pretty dead now.

Still, It won't stop the woman from trying to kill Lin Dong next chapter.

All in all, these "power rapes" are pretty stupid and authors should stop writing these scenes, they really don't bring much to the table.

honglath likes this.
  3. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't we just say it was Karma taking the ass she wasn't willing to give? So Karmic rape!! She reaped what she sowed.

4. SovereignSamiul

SovereignSamiul Hubby of Aina Seira & SARCASTIC SECT-MASTER

Reading List:
    Link
    i think we all can safety assume ....the perverted dead old man was actually the author ......they both forced it to happen ....it was all forced

5. aldrie95

aldrie95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys think that this will end up with them both being together like in ATG (Yue Chan) and MGA (Sou Rou)?

6. Thunder Dragon

Thunder Dragon [Supreme Being][Dragon of Thunder Bone Body]

Reading List:
    Link
    it most certainly is but its not ling dong who raped the girl. if going by technical term they both raped each other but the event was initiated by the old cultivator.

Risus likes this.
  7. SovereignSamiul

SovereignSamiul Hubby of Aina Seira & SARCASTIC SECT-MASTER

Reading List:
    Link
    it may be a little spoilerish....but yes ...yes they will

8. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There needs to be a term like "criminally negligent manslaughter" for "rape" like the is for murder.

Neither of the two were culpable for their actions. Both denied the act but were forced into it by the third party. In a court of law all the responsibility would be on the one who was in control. Not Lin Dong, Not Ling Qingzhu, but the Nirvana master would be charged.

Part of the problem is a cultural component here that American readers don't take the time to understand. It's really hard to explain without a long winded discussion on history and eastern philosophy

WeiFish likes this.
  9. not_here

not_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it will happen, but not in the near future.

10. Nyaight

Nyaight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah good job old man u just match fixed our dumb murdering MC on a path to certain death or torture

11. ioriangel

ioriangel 『Terrible Kitsune Oneesan』『Stabber』

Reading List:
    Link
    The two were raped, that's final. Move on please, if you can't stomach it I can understand; after all we are reading a story who is rather different from the western culture. The authors of Xanxia normally don't intend to write for us feeble westerners originally, you know ? Well are you going to stop reading WDQK because of this ? If yes, I can't stop you and it's your right. But I'll continue because I started this story and intend to finish it. Rape disgust me, but this is still a fictional story so I don't intend to get emotional for people who don't exist.

WeiFish likes this.
  12. WeiFish

WeiFish Eccentric Grey Sword 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and no. Yes, it was rape. No, it wasn't Lin Dongs fault.

13. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that there is the legal definition of rape, and the cultural definition of rape. Off the top of my head, in one culture if the deed was done in a populated place if the woman didn't call for help it was her fault as well as the mans, but if it was in a place with no people like the woods, it was the man's fault only.

ioriangel likes this.
  14. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fiction, don't care.

ps. except that one rape scene in one of the malazan books.....

15. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, they were raped. It's the equivalent of someone kidnapping two kids, locking them up, doping them up, and making them have sex for his entertainment on camera. Neither of them wanted it, and whether or not either managed to enjoy any part of the act, or if they develop attachments to each other later, is inconsequential to the fact that this incident was forced upon them. They were raped.

Now time to see what kind of twisted love story this all develops into. Because: xianxia.

16. AncientDaoist

AncientDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is rape because neither of them were consenting adults.

17. ioriangel

ioriangel 『Terrible Kitsune Oneesan』『Stabber』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a healthy one is my guess. Until Dong beat her in matter of cultivation, she going to try to kill him and hunt him down. Those kind of women are highly prideful and remorseless, I don't understand the author who made her character like that, she can't undergo a 180 concerning Lin Dong. My guess is he will be forced to marry her by the family of the young woman, because he will get to win the family tournament I'm sure. The MC is really pitiful, cause he is gonna get used in the end. Maybe ?

18. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again culture thing,

I've noticed China and Japan love catch 22 relationships.

I must kill you, but I must not killyou

19. Tarstark

Tarstark Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, as someone else said.. the old man is the one who started it. That made it clear by the fact it said he sent something into both of their bodies, and the Lin clearly felt his body getting hot and it going into that state with him clearly not wanting it too.
    That said. She did try to rape him before that. It wasn't in the sexual sense, but it was in the cultivation sense. She forcibly tried to take his yang, without his repeated consent, without caring about what the aftermath would be, purely for her own gain.
    So.. I guess there was 1 attempted rape by her, and 1 weird mental rape done by the old man. So... Lin Dong managed to get screwed both literally and almost figuratively.
    All of that said.. really, who cares. Often times, these scenarios take place where thousands, if not millions of people die and/or are killed by both genders repeatedly and yet people make an uproar when the author goes into the details when the male, for one reason or another takes the woman without her making

20. Em_Rez

Em_Rez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "the answer is don't think about it"