Spoiler WDQK : rape or.... (Latest chapter)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by SovereignSamiul, Dec 29, 2015.

1. stefanus101

stefanus101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dat gurl is strong yo!!!
    lin dong cant even be in her presence coz that's how strong she is...
    at least for now he can't...
    am i right?or am i right???
    hehehe

2. Hydropoop

Hydropoop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuxia novels have mass killings and shit and no one bats an eye.
    Have one pseudo-rape and everyone loses their minds

Arcturus and Risus like this.
  3. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is probably the fact that when people die at least they are just dead their image and memory is not 'Tainted' in a way. The problem about rape for most people is probably because it is a forced action that happens to mostly women when they are weak and people do not like the idea of watching that take place against their will.

I hate rape with a passion but in stories I try to overcome my hatred for it because I like reading novels in the end. In real life though I hate that shit with a passion and people need to die for raping men or women. That shit is wrong on so many levels that people that try to justified rape in anyway should go to hell. IMO I consider murder and rape on the same level of crime. Only difference is people have to live with the scars of what has happen to them. If I had the power or option I would end the lives of all rapist IRL since I do not. I leave that to the authorities and pray they actually seek justice for victims.

I do not know why but rape is just a major issue for me in any place whether irl or in a story. IF and that is a BIG IF the rape in a story happens in a d-baggy way from a d-baggy Main character I will drop the story so fast its not even funny. I only need to look up hentai if I really wanted to read that type of bullshit rape.

So in the end of the day, in this story the MC may not be at fault and the Old man is the reason it happen but it is the author in the end that decides to write in rape and it annoys me to no end why they need to include rape so often in stories. I get it, it happens in real life but come on surely they can come up with other ways to invoke the readers feeling other then 'hmmmmmm what will make readers really annoyed at a villain or what would horny teenagers like to read?' They then write in oh look the MC gets some sex without trying horny teens should totally read this and root for the MC for getting free smex all of a sudden.

Edit: also it was rape in a way just done because it had to be done. The girl shot herself in the foot but still its rape and both are victims because they both are forced to remedy the problem the author decided that though not the story. The author could have written this in any other way by thinking of one or research another method but decided rape was the the forecast for this run in between these two characters.

TL DR: screw authors sometimes for writing in random ass rape scenes.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  4. Hydropoop

Hydropoop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get your point, and agree. Only that I find it funny that in these kind of wuxia novels, massacring tons of innocent people for the crime of association (e.g. 'pulling out roots' of enemies) is absolutely fine and accepted by readers (mostly when MC does it), while any kind of rape-ish scene incites outrage from the readers.

Because you would/should be equally disgusted at a mass murderer and a rapist IRL
    For me though, I only feel upset if these kinds of things happen to MC and/or MC's related parties, fuck everyone else lol

5. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea. Pretty in the end in of the day meh its a story should just disagree with scene then move on and continue reading. IMO too many people drop reading a novel just because of 1 chapter out of 250-500 chapters of pseudo rape that is not that bad. Only a few stories actually have d baggy rape scenes.
    Edit: MGA's Chu Feng is a example. I know his 2nd rape was kinda wrong(actually really, really wrong) in a way but the overall story is decent.