Recommendations Weak-to-strong series that make you feel awe and excitement for the story universe?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by scribbledoutname, Mar 23, 2021.

1. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a bit of a weird request, but please bear with me :blob_grin:

I've read so many series now that I can't remember anything specific, but I know I've felt this feeling. It's when the MC starts out weak and the story paints a picture of the world that makes you REALLY excited for the MC's growth. You want to see him become OP in this kind of world. This is true for basically every xuanhuan and level system story, but there are some that really crank this up to 11. You get super pumped to see the MC's rise because you want him to become an expert in the world that's been introduced or foreshadowed.

Can you suggest some weak-to-strong stories that made you feel this kind of anticipation, moreso than most?

EDIT: I should add that I'm looking for a world that makes you want to see the MC become a superexpert in it, not purely a world with good worldbuilding.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    Deleted member 332070 likes this.
  2. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
    Arefutera or was it Arefureta? Forgot the title MC name is Hajime, vol 1 makes me anticipate.

Reack and scribbledoutname like this.
  3. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks :blobsmile: It's been so long since I read it that I've actually forgotten what happens. I'll give the series a look!

i-eat-novels-everyday likes this.
  4. Jokr3

Jokr3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. aaachris

aaachris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
  7. wolff

wolff Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would second Reverend Insanity. It has its issues, imo. But there were definitely parts where I was rooting for the MC. The MC isn't a good person though, but in a way he is better than most of the 'just' orthodox cultivators. But the novel does suffer from bouts of boring, filler-y feeling parts.

The Desolate Era is also a novel where I felt the anticipation at times, but this novel has one BIG weakness and unless you can ignore it you won't enjoy it. The author has a nasty habit of using unrealistic 'measurements' for things like size, distance, etc. And it really pulls you out of the story visually, unless you ignore it. (It's not so bad when describing distances between things in the universe but when it's used in fights it becomes a bit too much.)

8. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    A record of mortal's journey to immortality, this one is great novel very slow but mc talent is so bad you cant cant help but root for mc

Death sutra, Mc gets fkd over by some powerfull people and he becomes slave of the very same people who muddered his whole family, its written very impactfully and you will root for mc to succeed.

Paradise of Demonic Gods, well this novel is kind of okayish but at least it has mc who gives up all his feelings in exchange of power,Everything for revenge and mc becomes emotionless dolt but it was fun read.

Martial world even though harem first thousand chapters were amazing and i always rooted for the mc. I read it 5 years ago though.

Way of the Devil, i just loved the concept of world travel and always wondered how he was going to fk over everyone and become powerfull in each worlds.

Carefree Path of Dreams, same case as Way of the Devil but not as impactful as Way of the Devil.

48 Hours a Day, Very intriguing read and each world timeline he goes is really thoughout but some arc are boring and some arc are super good.

Doomsday Wonderland , this novel really is very good novel, each world is so well written and thoughout that you will be suprised why this novel is not number one. The biggest flaw is female mc who is holier than thou with bouts of urges to save every living being in the planet during apocalypse, totally dealbreaker for me but still commendable world building from author, you will root for female mc even though you might hate mary sue mc.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021