Chinese Wearing the Emperor's Fiancee

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Dizaster, Jun 23, 2020.

?

Do you want it to be picked?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2020.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Wearing the Emperor's Fiancee《穿成影帝未婚妻》

by冰糖不是雪梨
    Raw Link:
    https://wap.dfdushu.com/new3134.html
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4387826
    NU Link: not found
    RAW Status: Ongoing
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: This was recommended in:
    The Female Supporting Character Just Wants To Live A Good Life Chapter 54: Ring.

It is a well known formula of transmigrating into (non-mc) fiancee and winning over the ML in the all so common showbiz world. The story seems interesting atleast as per the description given. I've not read through the entire story, just a little from the beginning. Would appreciate your thoughts though.

Description:
    (WEAR = Transmigrate)
    "Wearing the Emperor's Fiancee"

by Bingtang is not Sydney

[Copywriter]

Yu Mian was an orphan since childhood, fortunately, there are well-meaning people to give her subsidies, kindly Man is still a little star.

With gratitude, she became the first fan of the little star, gave him a message to encourage him, helped him beat the spot for his hand, and accompanied him from the silence to the top of the entertainment circle, winning the film trophy.

Yu Mian thought that she would guard him silently for such a life. As a result, in a car accident, she wore her fiancee, Yu Mianmian, who was the right of the film emperor.

On the first day of wearing, the film emperor appeared in front of her, and Yu Mian had not recovered from the joy of seeing idols.

The voice is low and indifferent: "We are just a family marriage, we only need to play in every occasion."

Yu Mian Xing Xing nodded, but took the contract and smiled and saw nothing. Idol is used to look up, as a qualified fan, close contact has already satisfied her.

Once dressed as a wealthy lady, the little citizen Yu Mian just wanted to eat mixed and wait for death, and smash money for idols!

But the idol who had said that she was acting in a show, how could her eyes become more and more wrong?

One day, the film emperor blocked her in the corner: "When will our marriage take place?"

Yu Mian blinked doubtfully: "Don't you say you don't want to get married too early?" The

film emperor clenched her teeth secretly: "I changed my mind and suddenly wanted to be tried. What is it like to call your husband."

Lin Jianshen: Every day I call my husband on the Internet, when is it actually called?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  2. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
  3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you wear a person

4. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually the word TRANSMIGRATE is MTLed as "WEAR". So wearing a book means transmigrating into a book and wearing a person means transmigrating in another person's body.
    In this case, she woke up in the body of her favourite idol/ film Emperor's fiance's body after dying in an accident

Elliana likes this.
  5. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao. I was about to ask the same thing. I saw this from NU homepage and was like ???
    If you know the actual term to it, why didn't you put that instead of putting in inaccurate MTL??

songsk and LaDyViL like this.
  6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

7. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course... how could I forget :facepalm::facepalm:
    [​IMG]

Elliana and Dizaster like this.
  8. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been reading CHINESE novels for years now and am an avid reader of transmigration/ rebirth novels. A lot of times they're not fully translated so I have to MTL it.
    There are some terms that are frequently wrongly translated and as you read more of these MTLs you begin to instinctly add these terms to your vocabulary. To me it makes no / little difference as I am used to it so I just casually copy-pasted the entire thing without editing as it's pretty understandable to me. People who frequently MTL will definitly be aware of these terms just like korean fans are aware of khamsam-midaa.lol.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    maecasano, Dragon_Reader and Elliana like this.
  9. Isticon

Isticon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    27 chapters? i will make some coffee and binge... (y)

Dizaster and Elliana like this.
  10. Lishasharma

Lishasharma The Kitten in the blacksuit

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Rosescent

Rosescent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are r u guys sure, that this novel have only 27chs not more than this, bcz I have a feeling that it's not.

Please help with this prob
    I'm planning to tl-ing this

One more thing you can read (little bit) similar novel that I'm already working on.

Transmigrated As Villain Substitute Lover
    Where: Foxaholic.com

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  12. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's still ongoing if I am not wrong and somehow another website showed 40 chapters. Here's the link:
    https://m.shubaow.net/93/93858/
    I haven't read the novel yet so dont know much details about it. Thank you for considering it though.

13. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    It shows that no chapters have been posted yet and it's status is completed??? Am i wrong???

14. Creativity53

Creativity53 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure that the website you gave is for a different novel

15. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right. Sorry

16. Rosescent

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, I have just started, sry for not mentioning, will be posting the ch. by tonight or tomorrow.....

But you can check my other two novels I'm translating,
    1) President Daddy Is Super Awesome: Centinni.com(Ch Status- 10) [https://www.centinni.com/novel/president-daddy-super-awesome/]
    2) Film Emperor's Wedding Diary: Foxaholic.com (Ch Status- 1) [https://foxaholic.com/novel/film-emperors-wedding-diary/] OR [https://www.novelupdates.com/series/film-emperors-wedding-diary/]

If you like my work, plss leave some comments and support me through Ko-fi.

And good news I'm going to take this novel( even if it's still ongoing) or surely something like this

byeeee :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Dizaster likes this.
  17. Rosescent

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read Film emperor's wedding diary. I am not an expert but based on my experience, I found the translation quality really good. The grammar was correct and you succeeded in conveying the author's intentions properly.
    Its great that you've used general vocabulary which is understood by everyone including non-native English speakers like me.
    However I would like to give a suggestion. Please don't be offended if you find it rude but this is my genuine opinion. I personally am proficient in English, Urdu and Hindi and have done some minor translations, so I understand how difficult it can be to convey someone else's words in an entirely different language without it losing it's substance. So I am really appreciative of all you translators out there who shoulder this task for free. However, what I don't like is when a single translator takes up multiple projects at one time. Here are the main drawbacks that bother me with this situation:
    1. Slow down update speed: translating is a time consuming job. So a lot of time the update speed is really slow and many projects take years to be completed. Add to that are other projects that divide up the time and energy of the translator, think of how long it might then take.
    2. Loss of interest: Doing multiple projects at one point can make you lose track of current progress which forces you to re read to jog up your memory and after a point of time, you might find it boring and lose interest in translation. Multiple dropped project will caise a loss of trust from readers ( A good example will be MistyCloudTranslations, they are really good at their job and their novel choices are just my cup of tea, however after repeated drops from them, I no longer can wait for them to complete their projects as I always am thinking how many chapters will it take for them to drop it. Seriously after 5- 6 years since Ive known them, they have yet to complete one single project).
    3. Loss of Readers: Since I know that you'll be translating so slow, I might as well MTL it without waiting for updates. That's how majority of people think. I often check the no. Of updates p.m before deciding to wait for translator or to mtl it.
    Do think about it. And take on another project only after you're done with your current one. Also take up a short series and complete it to add credentials to your work and gain reader's trust and acknowledgement. An incomplete work, no matter how well done is often not properly given its due credit.

I really appreciate that you considered my suggestion. However I would really like it if you could complete the wedding diary novel as we have plenty of arrong CEO going soft but it's very rare for a gentle one to show its claws. So I am waiting for your updates.
    Anyways, thanks for your hardwork.

P.S.: I still love misty and do check up on her occassionally. It's great that she now has a baby cloud but it's sad tp hear he's sick and going through so much.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  19. Rosescent

Reading List:
    Link

Buddy, I'm really sorry, for not updating the chs.

But that's because I'm planning to release the chs in bulk as I'm using the time to tl the chs. (in bulk) for all my readers.

2nd my health is not going quite well, that's the main reason I have take a week rest from updating all the novels I'm tl-ing except president daddy super awesome.

Sorry for making you wait. But from next I will be updating the chs. as per the schedule.

Thank you

Dizaster likes this.
  20. Rosescent

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really sorry to inform you all but seems like the author has decided to drop the novel already, she isn't able to continue the story as she doesn't have any inspiration left, I think I have to wait for her to come back.

Check the comment section here,
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4387826

Do you guys still want me to TL this novel, If you want I can but it's not more than 27 chs.
    Help me find a novel similar to these, I will see if I'm interested in TL-ing it.

Remember, I only TL BG(modern) and QT

thank you!

Dizaster likes this.